Great Plains Service Pack 6

I want to install Great Plains Service Pack 6 on our Server and Clients, do
any have any comments related to any issues he faced when he tries to
install this service Pack

0
nadermik (1)

------=_NextPart_000_0071_01C50CF5.8E8C3000

There is a white paper on CustomerSource titled "Microsoft Business =
Solutions-Great Plains Release 7.5 Service Pack FAQ's" that the =
technical support team has created to answer many questions related to =
service packs. You can find it here:

https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/documentation/whitepaper=
s/White_Paper_33110.htm

There's also a white paper for Release 8.0 Service Packs here:

=20

https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/documentation/whitepaper=
s/WP_80_Service_Pack_FAQ.htm

Leslie Wagner [MSFT]
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no =
rights.

--=20

"nadermik" <nadermik@human-soft.com> wrote in message =
>I want to install Great Plains Service Pack 6 on our Server and =
Clients, do=20
> any have any comments related to any issues he faced when he tries to=20
> install this service Pack=20
>=20

------=_NextPart_000_0071_01C50CF5.8E8C3000

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">There is a white paper =
on=20
CustomerSource titled =93Microsoft Business Solutions-Great =
Plains&nbsp;Release=20
7.5 Service Pack FAQ's=94 that the technical support team has created to =
answer=20
many questions related to service packs. You can find it =
here:</SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><FONT=20
face=3DVerdana></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><A=20
href=3D"https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/documentation/wh=
itepapers/White_Paper_33110.htm">https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource=
/support/documentation/whitepapers/White_Paper_33110.htm</A></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><FONT=20
face=3DArial></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">There's also a white =
paper for=20
Release 8.0 Service Packs here:</SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><?xml:namespace prefix =
=3D o ns =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><A=20
href=3D"https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/documentation/wh=
itepapers/WP_80_Service_Pack_FAQ.htm">https://mbs.microsoft.com/customers=
ource/support/documentation/whitepapers/WP_80_Service_Pack_FAQ.htm</A><BR=
><BR>Leslie=20
Wagner [MSFT]<BR>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, =
and=20
confers no rights.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>-- </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"nadermik" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:nadermik@human-soft.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>nadermik@human-soft.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>&gt; wrote in=20
message </FONT><A =
href=3D"news:ecSnrHRDFHA.1836@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl"><FONT=20
face=3DArial =
size=3D2>news:ecSnrHRDFHA.1836@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl</FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt;I =
want to install=20
Great Plains Service Pack 6 on our Server and Clients, do <BR>&gt; any =
have any=20
comments related to any issues he faced when he tries to <BR>&gt; =
install this=20
service Pack <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;</FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0071_01C50CF5.8E8C3000--

0
lwagner (11)

time calculations #6
Hello! Does anyone know how you can calculate worked hours in a day on the basis of a start and end time? =(end_time-start_time)*24 -- HTH Bob Phillips "Aline" <A_Mangelschots@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1127724380.330877.175210@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hello! > > Does anyone know how you can calculate worked hours in a day on the > basis of a start and end time? > Hi Aline With start time in column A, and end time in column B, enter in C1 =MOD((B1-A1),1) will give the time interval, even allowing for time period where the start is on...

Service Scheduling MS CRM
Guys There are some extremely knowledgeable people in here I am hoping some one can help me. Any help you can give me is appreciate. We will not mind paying for your help if you are a freelancer and would spend time getting this to work for us. We have an implementation of Microsoft CRM 3.0 and would like to use the Service Scheduling to help us run our fleet of buses. We have a fleet of 8 buses, 6 drivers and need to schedule them for a variety of jobs. Each bus has a capacity of 20, 30 or 50. The buses can be out of order and drivers can be on holiday or off sick. We want to able ...

Auto Insert Services Rendered into GP from SQL DB
We have a seperate SQL Server database where timesheets or items of work are captured when performed by someone in our organization. Currently a report is run against the SQL database and then someone manually enters in the transaction into GP. We want to automate this. Is there some program that mimics the manual entry whereby I can export the data from the SQL DB? ...

Can't create new Recipient Update Service in Exchange 2000
Running Exchange 2000 sp3 on Windows 2000 server sp4 I'm trying to create a new Recipient Update Service (for my child domain). I can right click on the Recipient Update Services folder, select new and follow the process through to the end, but when I click finish it pops the error: Access is denied Facility: Win3 ID no: c007000 Exchange System Manage Now all of the research I've done about this problem says to make sure the user acount trying to make the change is allowed Exchange Full Administrator rights and is a member of the local administrator group on the Exchange server. I h...

SQL Server MS$DPM2007$ service problem
I am having a problem with the "SQL Server (MS$DPM2007$)" service. Occasionally, when the system reboots, this service will fail to login and jobs will fail. I can open up the service, re-enter the exact same password as it had before and I can manually start. DPM will run without fail until it takes a reboot. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jason Take a look at the "log on as a service" privilege. If group policy restricts that right, and the account you're using isn't assigned that right, the service will fail to start...

NT Service with sockets
Hi there! I need to develop a NT Service that will listen to a TCP/IP socket. I already have the code to listen and answer to the TCP/IP socket working, but unfortunately, it will only works if the application runs as a normal WIN32 application; if I start as a service, it will *never* receive or accept any call from any other client machine except the one running the service... I think it might be some kind of "no permission" thing, but I'm not sure what it is, or how to make it work! I'm using a WinXP sp2 in a corporate network, and the service is built in VC+...

Exchange 5.5 server not updating Service Pack.
Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 5.5 loaded on it. Windows was at SP2, and Exchange was at SP1. Updated Windows to SP4, rebooted, all works well. Went to update Exchange to SP4, and it tells me that a newer version is already installed, and Update quits. Same thing happens with SP3 or SP4 for Exchange. I can check the Mad.exe and the Store.exe, and both versions report Version 6.0 Build 4712.7 (Service Pack 1). This does not make any sense to me. I know you do not have to install Exchange SP's before Windows, as I have loaded other Win2K boxes, updated to SP4 and then upgraded Exc...

adding core modules and service pack
we are adding extender to our current system after installing extender should I rerun the current service pack before running the utilities or can I install the newer service pack and only run the utilities once ...

Integration Manager 9.0 Service Packs on Vista
I have installed Dynamics GP on a new PC running Vista, but cannot get Integration Manager to work. I was able to install the 9.0 version from the CD, but I cannot get SP1 or SP3 to install. At first the SP installs would not recognize the .msi file that it wanted to access from the CD. I finally copied the CD's .msi file to the Desktop and got it past that step. Now I get what must be the latest generation of MS error messages, a mostly white window with the Title "Error", a red X icon with the words "Unexpected error; quitting". The only option is to click...

Exporting data to Excel from VC++ 6.0
Can anyone suggest me an easy method (ActiveX, or direct APIs) of exporting data to Excel from VC++ 6.0? The one I am using has few limitations which are mentioned below: 1. Can not format the cells, e.g expand the cells to cell text width. 2. If a cell contains more than 256 characters then the fisrt 256 characters are overwritten and the latest characters are only stored. Regards ...

Cannot find mfcs42d.pdb for C++ 6.0 on Windows XP at runtime
I'm getting Find Symbols pop-up window while running C++ 6.0 saying "Please enter the path for mfcs42d.pdb". After I specify the file location at VC98\MFC\Lib (1,092 KB from 7/15/2000), I'm getting a note that the file is found but is not the correct one. I didn't have this problem working on Windows NT. Now I'm trying to run the recompiled version of the same code on Windows XP. Service pack 5 is installed. Please advise what to do. Thanks. ...

AOL address book to Outlook Express 6 Question
Is there any way to export from AOL into OE 6 or import from AOL into OE 6 my AOL 9.5 address book?? I use OE6 to get my AOL mail so I can read it without having to be online continuous. TIA cf. http://www.broadband-to-go.com/help/aol-address-book.htm cf. http://www.ehow.com/how_5055126_convert-address-book-outlook-express.html kraut wrote: > Is there any way to export from AOL into OE 6 or import from AOL into > OE 6 my AOL 9.5 address book?? > > I use OE6 to get my AOL mail so I can read it without having to be > online continuous. > &...

System Attendant #6
I have a server with SBS2003 SP1 with WIN2003 SP2 and Exchange 2003 SP1. After installing WIN2003 SP1 and after a week WIN2003 SP2, almost every 24 hours I get errors: Source: MSExchangeSA Category: General Event ID: 1031 Description: One of the System Attendant's Task's is blocked. Function: CMonitorinTask:Work. Source: MSExchangeSA Category: General Event ID: 1031 Description: One of the System Attendant's Task's is blocked. Function: CPollDomainExchangeServersGroup:Work. Source: MSExchangeDSAccess Category: Topology Event ID: 2102 Description: Process MAD.Exe (PID=3816...

Service Pack 2 for Outlook 2003 available #2
Hello NGs, Service Pack 2 for Office 2003 is now available! http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=57e27a97-2db6-4654-9db6-ec7d5b4dd867 X'Posted to: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.outlook.installation X'Posted to: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.outlook.installation F'up2: microsoft.public.outlook -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! ...

exchange install & Terminal Services
When I built up my Exchange Server, I didn't realise I was running Terminal Services in Application Mode. I now want to change the Terminal Services to Remote Administration Mode. Microsoft has a warning: "After you choose your mode of operation, changing or disabling the Terminal Services mode may cause programs not to work, requiring a reinstallation of the programs." I'm scared that if I change modes, then I'll have trouble with my Exchange installation. Can anybody reassure me that Exchange will function correctly after changing TS modes? Is there anything I need ...

Error Installing Service Pack 2 on Exchange 2003
Hi I am installing Service pack 2 and am receiving an error half way through. The error is to do with Active Sync which is exactly what I want the service pack for. During the installation an error appears saying Run Time error file c:\windows\system32\MsiExec.exe has failed to load properly (or something very similar). Click OK and a second error comes up saying the sub component Active Sync cannot be installed with error 0xC0070643. Cancel or Retry. If I cancel it the rest of the installation goes through fine. I am presuming this is stopping me enabling a mobile phone PDA device ...

Multiple Packing slip numbers for Order Fulfillments
For split shipments of a line item on either an order or invoice, it would be nice to be able to have multiple packing slip numbers associated with the line item. This would be similar to the POP handling of receipts. You can have multiple receipts with multiple receipt numbers on one line item of a PO. Currently in SOP if you have multple shipments on one order they have the same packing slip number with a "reprint" logo on top of the packing slip. On the other side, when the customer receives this and puts it into their POP system they are now going to have two documents ...

Since Upgrading To SBS 2003 Cannot Start CRM Security Service
I just upgraded from SBS 2000 to SBS 2003 and can no longer run Microsoft CRM 1.2. When I try to start the Microsoft CRM Security Service I get the following message: "Could Not Start The Microsoft CRM Security Service on Local Computer. Error 1053: The Service Did Not Respond To The Start Or Control Request In A Timely Fashion" Any ideas? Thanks. Rick Bellefond RB Data Services I ran into huge issues with upgrading from SBS 2000 to 2003. I had to do a total system reinstall, not good news, but it seemed to corrupt IIS and other things. MS couldn't find a fix for...

Exchange Service Account #2
Hello All, I have a problem. I've taken over responsibility of managing an Exchange 2003 server. To give you a history, Exchange was started in the company at v5.5, then upgraded to 2000, then upgraded to 2003. The previous admin has been terminated. When he configured the system, he made his personal account the Exchange System Manager account. Is there a way to change this account? I was thinking of just renaming his old account to something generic, but I would rather delete it and select another account to act as teh System Manager. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Tha...

outlook express 6.0 #13
Hi folks,when i try to send a web page via e mail,i getted asked for my login details,even though they are correct ,outlook says they are invalid,please help,thanks in advance "j4y" wrote in message news:460B2C90-12C5-4C9E-9F44-609546EB3DAB@microsoft.com... > Hi folks,when i try to send a web page via e mail,i getted asked for > my login > details,even though they are correct ,outlook says they are > invalid,please > help,thanks in advance There is no "express" in the name of this newsgroup. Outlook and Outlook Express are entirely separate products...

Feature Pack?
Any news on when the Feature Pack will be "completely" released? Specifically we are still missing two parts: IBF for CRM and Proposal Accelerator for CRM. They were due at the end of August and I saw one post that stated end of Sept. Well that is only 3 days away. We are waiting on the IBF for a project we are doing right now that is adding document autogeneration to CRM as well as searchable document management. But I do not want to have to recreate the wheel if the IBF for CRM will do a lot of the work. Please advise. Sean I saw an email or post mentioning its very c...

CRM 1.2 and Great Plains 8.0 Integration
Hi there, I am Nery and need tood know if there is some way to integrate CRM 1.2 and Great Plains 8.0 Thanks ...

Outlook 2003 and terminal services
Hello, I've installed office 2003 on a Windows 2003 Terminal Server. Every now and then when starting outlook it reports that it wasn't shut down correctly last time and asks if I want to start outlook in safe mode. I know there was a problem with Outlook XP and Windwos 2000 (see KB article 319517). But this solution doesn't seem to help for 2003. I can find the key under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Terminal Server\Install\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Resiliency an delete it. But after a while the key is back again and the problem starts over a...

Two Great Plains Versions in the same network
Hi we have two servers in our network one with Great Plains 7.5 for one site and the other one is upgraded recently to GP 8 for different site. after the migration we have the following message for some users "you are using an earlier verison of Dynamics.dic than the one that is currently installed on the network' and it is logging to GP although we didnt do any ugrades for the GP 7.5 server can some one guide me how we can solve this issue. regards Nader Nader, This will happen when you open GP 8 database from GP 7.5 application or vice versa. -- Hari "Nader Yous...

Unable to register CRM Security Service
Guys, I cannot install CRM on our production machine. My first installation failed (probably because of multiple domain controllers on the net and slow replication) and now I cannot reinstall it anymore. I've uninstalled everything manually according to the Deployment Guide then retried the setup after a reboot. During the Setup I've got the error message "Unable to register CRM Security Service" and this is the first problem that I cannot get rid of. If I chose to Ignore this message, setup continues but at the end I get the following error: Setup is unable to provision y...