Great Plains needs a Scheduler for Check Links

Check links maintenance should be ran weekly if not monthly.  It would be
nice if there was a scheduler to set up jobs to run check links after hours.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=2fbc312a-b26f-46bb-b7a3-98a958ac4852&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Smith1 (93)

You might check the product from Interdyn Artis:

http://www.artisinc.com/promotions/afm.htm

"Matt Smith" wrote:

> Check links maintenance should be ran weekly if not monthly.  It would be
> nice if there was a scheduler to set up jobs to run check links after hours.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=2fbc312a-b26f-46bb-b7a3-98a958ac4852&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
RandyPack (2)
3/23/2006 6:15:27 PM
Randy:

The company you referenced no longer makes such a product.  Do you have any
other suggestions?

"Randy Pack" wrote:

> You might check the product from Interdyn Artis:
>
> http://www.artisinc.com/promotions/afm.htm
>

> "Matt Smith" wrote:
>
> > Check links maintenance should be ran weekly if not monthly.  It would be
> > nice if there was a scheduler to set up jobs to run check links after hours.
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=2fbc312a-b26f-46bb-b7a3-98a958ac4852&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
MattSmith (1)
4/13/2006 3:03:02 PM
I think a product by MC2 does such a thing.  I think there also is a macro
scheduler in the PSTL tools?  If not it wouldn't take much to write such a
thing using visual studio.  Or actually, couldn't you just record a macro
and use the windows scheduler?  I think there are several KB's out in
partner/customersource that talk about this type of thing.  Search for
"schedule macro" and I think you'll find some.

patrick
mbs dev support

"Matt Smith" <MattSmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Randy:
>
> The company you referenced no longer makes such a product.  Do you have
any
> other suggestions?
>
> "Randy Pack" wrote:
>
> > You might check the product from Interdyn Artis:
> >
> > http://www.artisinc.com/promotions/afm.htm
> >

> > "Matt Smith" wrote:
> >
> > > Check links maintenance should be ran weekly if not monthly.  It would
be
> > > nice if there was a scheduler to set up jobs to run check links after
hours.

> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,
follow this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=2fbc312a-b26f-46bb-b7a3-98a958ac4852&dg=microsoft.publi
c.greatplains

0
prot1 (1345)

DPM forces a Consistency Check on data
Hi all, I have a DPM 2007 SP1 server in one office ? and are trying to backup data in another office, connected by T1 (1.54Mbps) link. It works, but every time there is an issue ? DPM forces a Consistency Check on XGB( >100) of data, which takes 5-7 days to complete. can any tell abt this. thanks in advance gopal Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Useful ASP.NET Exception Engine http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/52012346-36db-4a47-ac61-8b9c9b4ce9a0/useful-aspnet-exception.aspx Hi Gopal, Can you please eloborate on "Ev...

Change links to hyperlinks in a workbook?
I have 5 Income Statement sheets in a workbook. The first sheet is an Income Statement summing four departments (listed by columns). Column B has Dept 1 data, column C has Dept 2 data, etc. ALL data on this sheet is linked (referenced) to the other four sheets which are the individual departments. I know I can set hyperlinks one at a time, but is there a way for me to have each of those links (every cell containing the data from the other four sheets) become hyperlinks? If I have to add another sheet that mirrors the summary sheet but has hyperlinks, that would be fine. I am just ...

Linked graphics into a Publisher 2000 document
I have a 400KB document (withgout graphics). I insert two JPEG images each around 200KB into the document. I figure the resulting document should be around 700KB. Result? An 11MB file. I delete the images (document is now 400KB) and instead insert the images using the "Link to File" option. Graphics Manager confirms that the images are linbked into the file. The size should not be more than 500KB. Result? An 11MB file. Question is how can I insert images into a Publisher 2000 documentr without the file blowing up? And why does it blow up? Regards, Richard. Richard wrot...

Need online services to the end of the year
I have been a loyal Money customer for years. This morning my Money Plus subscription expired. There seems to be no way to extend it and without it I can't do updates from my bank and credit cards--which I do daily. I understand that everything is shutting down by Jan 11, but it is terrible not to be able to extend basic online services temporarily at least through the end of this year to get me through tax season, etc. and then switch to Quicken at the beginning of 2010. This really sucks! Please, please Microsoft give us at least a stay of exectution through the end of the ye...

Check correction patch for Microsoft Windows
--jgfiyombh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="kgqnlddpakhbjo"; type="multipart/alternative" --kgqnlddpakhbjo Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="pdizbrrdstws" --pdizbrrdstws Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the securit...

Need help with formula 01-13-10

Great Plains integration to CRM 4.0
does anyone know if there is integration of great plains with crm 4.0? we have crm 3.0 integrated to great plains 8.0 and want to upgrade both. Hi Shawn, There is no Microsoft connector yet for CRM 4 and GP. There is one for CRM 3 and GP. Other options are to use • some third party tools like Scribe • or use Microsoft BizTalk • or do custom Programming. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP Microsoft CRM Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan "Shawn" wrote: > does an...

Opening for Great Plains Developer in SF Bay Area
Hi, We have a current position open for a Great Plains developer to perform dB maintenance for Great Plains installation. Open to Contract or Contract to Perm. Full job description on request. Please email if you are interested. Thanks, Brendan McIntyre brendan@emailpcs.com ...

Office 2010 Buying Question Assistance Needed
I've been looking through the MS Office 2010 web site to try to determine what my new small company would require, but I can't find the information I need. We for sure would need Office Pro Plus, but other than that I'm not sure. We want to run it on our own server. We will initially have 3-5 people using it and perhaps more later on. Would we need to purchase site licensing? Unfortunately, our programmers are MS haters (I'm not) and I can't get any assistance from them on this, but I have power of the pen. I would appreciate any assistance I can get. Th...

Need help with update sql plus filter
I have the following update sql (copied from the query design view) UPDATE ListQry SET ListQry.ApprovalStatusID = [Forms]![OpeningForm]![Responsibility] WHERE (((ListQry.ApprovalStatusID)<[Forms]![OpeningForm]![Responsibility] And (ListQry.ApprovalStatusID)>-1) AND ((ListQry.OtherStatusID)>300)) OR (((ListQry.ApprovalStatusID)<[Forms]![OpeningForm]![Responsibility] And (ListQry.ApprovalStatusID)>-1) AND ((ListQry.OtherStatusID) Is Null)); ApprovalStatusID is an integer OtherStatusID is an integer ListQry is the recordsource for my form. I would like to add the f...

Excel link update question
I need to maintain an excel workbook which contains a lot of links to other workbooks. Since the linked workbooks change every week, I need to change all the links accordingly. For example, a cell with formula "='[aug_28.xls]sheet1' !A10" will be changed into "='[sep_4.xls]sheet1'!A10". I tried to do this with Find/Replace. However, the link is updated every time it is changed. The link updating takes a couple of seconds. So it may take a hour to finsh it for a workbook with thousands of links. Could anyone tell me how to shut down the link updating when...

break links #2
Is it possible to break links between excel files to publisher files? I have a chart that is linked into a publisher file, but i dont know how to turn off the link. is it possible? thanks George Copy the chart, paste special as an Enhanced Metafile, delete the linked chart. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1556BA0-4291-4359-9D79-0EBD0B136B7D@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to break links between excel files to publisher files? > I have a chart that is linked into a publisher file, but i dont k...

unapply checks
hello, I have a client that applied checks to a wrong customer, how do I unapply it and apply it to the correct customer. Thanks, Scott This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0032_01C5ACAC.7041A5B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Scott, If a check was entered with the wrong customer ID, there is really no way to just apply it to another customer, since cash receipts are customer specific. There are 2 ways of correcting this, you pick: 1. void the original check and re-enter it against the correct custom...

Link to Power Point
Hi, I placed a hyperlink to a powerpoint file on my web page. Upon clicking on the link the "Run/Save" window comes up. Is it possible to just have the Power Point file run without the "Run/Save" window coming up? If so, how? Thanks, -- Phil Posting a question 4 times isn't going to get you an answer any quicker. Try to be a bit more patient. Craig Phil wrote: >Hi, >I placed a hyperlink to a powerpoint file on my web page. Upon clicking on >the link the "Run/Save" window comes up. Is it possible to just have the >P...

Hyper link one column to another
I would like to have my columns hyper link one another. For example: Click on B2 would take you to N2, and vice-versa. Click on C2 would take you to O2... and so on through column j linked to V. Is this possible without having to make the link for each cell? This is a timesheet template and the columns b though J are the hours and N through V are the text comments for those hours. When I copy the template to a new sheet, there will be no data in any column. I would like to be able to enter an amount or formula (=end-start) for time spent and then be able to click on that cell and hyperlin...

how do i rotate a 3 shift 200man schedule
like 80 people on two shifts and 40 on the third. i want to move small shift to day and slide half of day into swing and half of swing into graveyard. any suggestions? thanks in advance. First rotation: pick the first 40 people (by alphabetic order) from the larger groups to rotate to the next shift. Each subsequent rotation: move the group of 40 that did not move the last time. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <6F26D7D8-3A2F-4663-BE17-F0EF1AD26A3D@microsoft...

linking sheets
Hi All, How do i link my drop down list in a13 sheet 1 to column f in sheet 2. Hi Jinx if using Data Validation to create your drop down list the easiest way is to range name column F in sheet 2 (go to sheet 2, click on F, click in name box (left hand side of formula bar) type name (no spaces), press enter) then click in Sheet1!A13, choose Data / Validation, choose List - click IN the big white box, press you F3 key to bring up list of names in workbook, choose the name, click OK, click OK again and it should work fine. Hope this helps Cheers JulieD "Jinx" <anonymous@discus...

VLookup #VALUE! error help needed to resolve
The following is the funcation I have: =VLOOKUP(B10,'FA CC Summary Report 1141'!F$9:G$92,2,0) I have all the columns formatted the same; as in the column that the function is using to lookup is text and so is the column for this figure in order to pull back the appropriate answer. I have keyed the data instead of having links. I have replaced the final '0' with TRUE & FALSE then put it back. I have formatted the columns for text and for numbers. But I am getting the #VALUE! error in SOME of the cells NOT all of the cells. I don't know what else to d...

cdrom.sys corrupt in Win7
Yesterday Win7 decided to no longer show my 2 LiteOn DVDRW drives. I've tried to re-install/repair the driver (6.1.7600.16385) and everytime I get the same response = my current driver is good. BUT, then when I check with Device Manager, it shows that the drives are not working. Can anyone help me get a new cdrom.sys installed into the system32/drivers folder? Booting up with the Win7 DVD will work. But I can't find the cdrom.sys on the disk. No other repair options are there to get this fixed. Help would certainly be appreciated. I don't want to have to start all o...

French check on english server environment
Hi, We currently have an English environment deployed on our server. I'm looking for a way to print check in different languages (French or English). Anybody has this issue? Event is it's not related to check, it could be related to bilingual reports. Thank you Hi Alain, We have a similar situation but with a Spanish vs French issue. This has been quite an ordeal. I have been working with our reseller, but neither them nor Microsoft seems to have a lot of information on how this should work. We are still trying to get all of the proper information to set up a test environ...

#VALUE error when linking to other files
I have a summary sheet that pulls info from approx 10 other excel files. In one column of the summary sheet, the links perform just fine. Each cell in this column is the sum of an entire column in another workbook. When I open the summary page and choose "yes" to update with new information, everything works properly. However, in the same worksheet as this, I have another column where each cell is the result of a SUMIF where the data comes from another workbook. The odd part that I cannot understand is why when I open the summary sheet and update the information do all the cells...

Remove format link?
Is there a way to remove the format link between fields in Modifier? Help just shows how to set it and the usual stuff doesn't seem to be working. ...

CHECK BOX CONTROL USING EXCEL 2000
I am working on a worksheet that has over 2300 rows. I would like to have one field on each row to contain a true or false value. I'd like to have a check box being referenced to each cell. I'd like to be able to copy the control and have it maintain a relative cell value in the link cell property. Right now when I copy the control to the other 2,300 rows, the link cell is a4 and every control uses the same value at a4. Cell a4 is the only cell that changes values when any check box is clicked. How do I conect the check box control to a specific/different cell without ma...