Great Plains Certifications

HI All,

I recently wrote the Great Plains install and configure exam. for anybody
that is planning to write it, I can say that the exam is fair and does not
cover any material not in the manual.

I would like to write the financials exam as well, but I need some guidance
or direction as to what material to focus on. i do have all the manuals, but
please let me know if you are aware of any additional resources.

thanks
Yolande
0
ydupreez (13)

Hi Yolande,

There are preparation guides available for each exam out on PartnerSource.
This guide lists all the different offerings available that can help you
prepare for the exam, including eLearning, training manuals, and classroom
offerings by the CPLS channel. If you have any specific questions about the
Great Plains Financials exam, you can send them to mbs-cert@microsoft.com.
Hope this helps.

"ydupreez" wrote:

> HI All,
>
> I recently wrote the Great Plains install and configure exam. for anybody
> that is planning to write it, I can say that the exam is fair and does not
> cover any material not in the manual.
>
> I would like to write the financials exam as well, but I need some guidance
> or direction as to what material to focus on. i do have all the manuals, but
> please let me know if you are aware of any additional resources.
>
> thanks
> Yolande
0
kschimke (10)
7/6/2005 1:41:03 PM
Hi Yolande

Can you tell me? what manual consults to the Great Plains install and
configure exam

Regards,
Rillmar

"ydupreez" wrote:

> HI All,
>
> I recently wrote the Great Plains install and configure exam. for anybody
> that is planning to write it, I can say that the exam is fair and does not
> cover any material not in the manual.
>
> I would like to write the financials exam as well, but I need some guidance
> or direction as to what material to focus on. i do have all the manuals, but
> please let me know if you are aware of any additional resources.
>
> thanks
> Yolande
0
Rillmar (2)
8/13/2005 11:43:02 PM
Hi,

I just failed that exam.  I have an MCSD and an MCDBA so I probably can pass
the exam.  I am assuming I used the wrong or incsufficient study material.
Would you please tell me what you used to study.

Thanks

Jim

"ydupreez" wrote:

> HI All,
>
> I recently wrote the Great Plains install and configure exam. for anybody
> that is planning to write it, I can say that the exam is fair and does not
> cover any material not in the manual.
>
> I would like to write the financials exam as well, but I need some guidance
> or direction as to what material to focus on. i do have all the manuals, but
> please let me know if you are aware of any additional resources.
>
> thanks
> Yolande
0
Jim8980 (510)
11/10/2005 12:28:25 AM
Hi Kevin,

Specifically what are you referring to?  I used the e course and just failed
the exam.  I figure there were at least 6 questions that were definitely not
from material in the e course.

If you can point me in the correct direction, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

"Kevin Schimke (MSFT)" wrote:

> Hi Yolande,
>
> There are preparation guides available for each exam out on PartnerSource.
> This guide lists all the different offerings available that can help you
> prepare for the exam, including eLearning, training manuals, and classroom
> offerings by the CPLS channel. If you have any specific questions about the
> Great Plains Financials exam, you can send them to mbs-cert@microsoft.com.
> Hope this helps.

> "ydupreez" wrote:
>
> > HI All,
> >
> > I recently wrote the Great Plains install and configure exam. for anybody
> > that is planning to write it, I can say that the exam is fair and does not
> > cover any material not in the manual.
> >
> > I would like to write the financials exam as well, but I need some guidance
> > or direction as to what material to focus on. i do have all the manuals, but
> > please let me know if you are aware of any additional resources.
> >
> > thanks
> > Yolande
0
Jim8980 (510)
11/10/2005 12:37:35 AM
Someone had taken this test few times in my company and they have
seemed to put together some notes for General Ledger module. These
notes are old and not sure if they apply to the new test. If you want
them, let me know and I will email them to you.

0
rrs1977 (140)
11/10/2005 8:29:18 PM
RS,

Thanks anyway.  I'm looking for installation and configuation study
materials.  The GL isn't under that exam.  I think that would be more for the
financial exam.

--
Jim

"RS" wrote:

> Someone had taken this test few times in my company and they have
> seemed to put together some notes for General Ledger module. These
> notes are old and not sure if they apply to the new test. If you want
> them, let me know and I will email them to you.

0
Jim8980 (510)
11/10/2005 9:06:02 PM
Hi All,

I like to take up exams in GP. Can anyone provide me with the materials or
sample questions for any of the exams regarding Great Plains?

I also like to know where i could find free study materials for the same.

Thanks for help in advance.

"ydupreez" wrote:

> HI All,
>
> I recently wrote the Great Plains install and configure exam. for anybody
> that is planning to write it, I can say that the exam is fair and does not
> cover any material not in the manual.
>
> I would like to write the financials exam as well, but I need some guidance
> or direction as to what material to focus on. i do have all the manuals, but
> please let me know if you are aware of any additional resources.
>
> thanks
> Yolande
0
ACEShankar (98)
1/3/2006 11:49:03 AM
Hello All,

I passed the installation exam recently after having failed it twice.  In my
opinion, the ecourse does not provide sufficient material to give you a fair
shot at passing the exam.  The course book for the course (which you can only
get through a certified training partner) is (again, in my opinion) probably
enough to get you through the exam, providing you have a good day.

I used the ecourses as study material for the financials exam and squeeked
through on the first try.  I think I was probably lucky on that one and maybe
an accounting background helped as well.

Does anyone have any recommendations on study material for the report writer
exam?

--
Jim

"ydupreez" wrote:

> HI All,
>
> I recently wrote the Great Plains install and configure exam. for anybody
> that is planning to write it, I can say that the exam is fair and does not
> cover any material not in the manual.
>
> I would like to write the financials exam as well, but I need some guidance
> or direction as to what material to focus on. i do have all the manuals, but
> please let me know if you are aware of any additional resources.
>
> thanks
> Yolande
0
Jim8980 (510)
1/3/2006 10:57:02 PM
In order to get certified shouldn't you be a Microsoft partner?
"Jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> I passed the installation exam recently after having failed it twice.  In
my
> opinion, the ecourse does not provide sufficient material to give you a
fair
> shot at passing the exam.  The course book for the course (which you can
only
> get through a certified training partner) is (again, in my opinion)
probably
> enough to get you through the exam, providing you have a good day.
>
> I used the ecourses as study material for the financials exam and squeeked
> through on the first try.  I think I was probably lucky on that one and
maybe
> an accounting background helped as well.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations on study material for the report
writer
> exam?
>

> --
> Jim
>

> "ydupreez" wrote:
>
> > HI All,
> >
> > I recently wrote the Great Plains install and configure exam. for
anybody
> > that is planning to write it, I can say that the exam is fair and does
not
> > cover any material not in the manual.
> >
> > I would like to write the financials exam as well, but I need some
guidance
> > or direction as to what material to focus on. i do have all the manuals,
but
> > please let me know if you are aware of any additional resources.
> >
> > thanks
> > Yolande

0
dianeha (9)
1/13/2006 7:53:08 PM
Hi Jim

The 8.5 exam would be best to study from the manuals stated in the Prep
Guides out on Customersource or PartnerSource.  The exam, takes from all
methods of study, but the manuals are the most thorough.
--
Microsoft Business Solutions Global Training

"Jim" wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> Specifically what are you referring to?  I used the e course and just failed
> the exam.  I figure there were at least 6 questions that were definitely not
> from material in the e course.
>
> If you can point me in the correct direction, it would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Jim
>

> "Kevin Schimke (MSFT)" wrote:
>
> > Hi Yolande,
> >
> > There are preparation guides available for each exam out on PartnerSource.
> > This guide lists all the different offerings available that can help you
> > prepare for the exam, including eLearning, training manuals, and classroom
> > offerings by the CPLS channel. If you have any specific questions about the
> > Great Plains Financials exam, you can send them to mbs-cert@microsoft.com.
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > --
> >

> > "ydupreez" wrote:
> >
> > > HI All,
> > >
> > > I recently wrote the Great Plains install and configure exam. for anybody
> > > that is planning to write it, I can say that the exam is fair and does not
> > > cover any material not in the manual.
> > >
> > > I would like to write the financials exam as well, but I need some guidance
> > > or direction as to what material to focus on. i do have all the manuals, but
> > > please let me know if you are aware of any additional resources.
> > >
> > > thanks
> > > Yolande
0
sgrant (3)
1/17/2006 8:42:09 PM
Hi
You do not need to be a partner to take an exam and become certified.
Thanks!
--

"ydupreez" wrote:

> HI All,
>
> I recently wrote the Great Plains install and configure exam. for anybody
> that is planning to write it, I can say that the exam is fair and does not
> cover any material not in the manual.
>
> I would like to write the financials exam as well, but I need some guidance
> or direction as to what material to focus on. i do have all the manuals, but
> please let me know if you are aware of any additional resources.
>
> thanks
> Yolande
0
sgrant (3)
1/17/2006 8:42:12 PM
Hi Sarah,
Can u tell me sir how to get the certification if u are not a partner cause
I can't get it till now although I have passed the 80-214 since last November,
and I still can't see the passed exam at my MCP transcript.

Thanks & best greats

Tarek

"Sarah Grant [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi
> You do not need to be a partner to take an exam and become certified.
> Thanks!
> --
> Microsoft Business Solutions Global Training
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
>

> "ydupreez" wrote:
>
> > HI All,
> >
> > I recently wrote the Great Plains install and configure exam. for anybody
> > that is planning to write it, I can say that the exam is fair and does not
> > cover any material not in the manual.
> >
> > I would like to write the financials exam as well, but I need some guidance
> > or direction as to what material to focus on. i do have all the manuals, but
> > please let me know if you are aware of any additional resources.
> >
> > thanks
> > Yolande
0
Tarek (5)

Great Plains certification
Does anyone know about a new certification program that Microsoft is rolling out for Great Plains users? I read about it somewhere but haven't been able to get any details. I know they have a certification program geared towards partners, but I was looking for a certification that I could obtain as a user. Thanks! Hi Jackie- We will be officially launching a Customer Certification program in mid-April. Stay tuned for more information on CustomerSource or send any questions to mbs-cert@microsoft.com. Be sure to indicate in your question that you are a user not a partner. Thanks...

Help needed with Certificates (Digital IDs)
Hi all I am running MS Outlook 2003 and am trying to sign an email which I want to send. I have created my own self-certificate using the programme "EldoS PKI Tools V1.1.26". I have then gone to Outlook's Tools>Options>Security and Imported the "Digital ID (Certificates)" which I had earlier created.I have also set up a "Default Setting" called 'Kirk Cert'. All looks well here. The problem I then get is when I create an email and the press the 'Send' button I get an error dialogue saying: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ "Invalid ...

FRx Login with Great Plains Password
I have a question that I hope someone migh be able to answer. Is there a way, outside of Omni tools, to allow Great Plains to store the passwords for logins unencrypted? Thank you for the information. It is definately appreciated. >-----Original Message----- >If you are talking to be able to log into FRX then there are two options >1)Upgrade to 6.5 and the latest Service Pack(6). This takes care of the >Encryption problem.2) Go to enterprise manager and Security under your server >and select the logins that you want to unencrypt and reset their passwords >...

PDC module in Great Plains 8
Hi i just wonder do we have a Post Dated Checks solution as a module in Great Plains 8 regards Nader How do you want it to work? "Nader Yousef" wrote: > Hi > > i just wonder do we have a Post Dated Checks solution as a module in Great > Plains 8 > > regards > Nader When a customer pays for his goods he pays the cashier a cash deposit which should be recorded as a CRV and the balance is to be payed by a Post Dated Checks with different due dates and the customer account is credited and debit the PDC account and when the check is deposited and acce...

Internet Explorer 8... is it really THAT great?
I recently bought a computer with Windows 7 and IE 8 installed on it. I had seen ads, etc. and knew that IE 8 was supposed to be great and fast and customizable. But to be honest, internet explorer 8 was a little bit of a letdown. The speed generally depends on your connection. However, a browser can have something to do with it as well. I found that Firefox is much faster when browsing. It takes quite awhile to load when I use IE 8. As far as customization goes, internet explorer 8 is, well, awesome. Unfortunately, it makes the browser slower than it already is. The sec...

Running two different Great Plains Client installs on Terminal Server?
We have two companies using the same Great Plains database and the client side requires different modifications in each company. Our thought was to create and maintain two different client installs for each company to keep the customizations separate. Does anyone have experience doing this on Terminal Server? What type of modifications? Forms,Reports? If that is it then just create a different Launch path and create a shortcut for the new launch and point the Dynamics.set files to the modified forms or reports for that particular company. >-----Original Message----- >We have...

Exchange 2010 Transport rule disclaimer w/ Plain Text email

Printer context error within Great Plains
When entering an Invoice & Check (Quick Check Entry), printed check & when posting transaction, I receive the followiung pop-window error: " Unable to Get printer context for report PM Transaction Posting Journal. Please check default printer." This happens for each posting journal entry that should've printed. This happens sporadically, not every time & the several users that use this functions, this will happen to them too. Are you using Named Printers, if so I suggest you check the settings and make sure this report is pointing to a printer that does exi...

CRM Certification 09-06-05
Is there a Microsoft CRM Certification available? If not for 1.2, any plans for 3.0? -- Brandon Smith Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com this should help http://www.vue.com/mbs/ there ared certifications on crm 1.2 and of course v3 when it comes out "Brandon" <bsmith@presentationsdirect.nospam.com> wrote in message news:Oqt94HysFHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is there a Microsoft CRM Certification available? If not for 1.2, any > plans for 3.0? > > -- > Brandon Smith > Presentat...

how to create an alternate version of Great Plains window in Addon
Hi David, I told u that i have completed chunking process and placed the chunk file in GP directory. I have also done this. But you suggested to someone to create an alternate version of GP window in Add dic. Can u plz send me an article for it? I have done till here coz of ur help. Help me in the final stage to complete integrated application with GP. Thanx, Kiran. Kiran If you make a change to a Great Plains window while in development mode, that form will now become an alternate window when you create the chunk file and transfer it using Transfer >> ...

Great Plains probulem #2
Sir I am using GP version 7.00g12 when ever the user after logging into company they are getting a message Unhandled script exception Invalid month '21' in date function. Script terminated EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_OUT_OF_RANGE Regards Srinivasan If that user looks at their toolbar, what date does it show? What is their short date format in their Regional Settings in their windows Control Panel? Is it different than anyone else's system? "Srinivasan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2184001c45c0c$cc674760$a601280a@phx.gbl... >...

do something great
I need some help to sort my life out and make things better for my wife and the kids. Please send �1 or $1 to me at; 4 Pipit Close, Gosport, Hampshire. UK. PO12 4JE. Thanks if you can help. I hope to help others once I am sorted out. Included your address if you want to know how I get on. ...

Certificate warning problem

Is it feasible to load more than one instance of Great Plains on a Citrix Server? So that: First Company C:Program Files/Microsoft Business Solutions/Company1/Great Plains/ Second Company C:Program Files/Microsoft Business Solutions/Company2/Great Plains/ This is recommended if each company uses different mod forms and reports: But if this to point to company a or b - you can configure this with Great Plains security for which users can access what company when loggin into GP. Regards James "Tremor Olaes" <TremorOlaes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Beta Testing a MS Outlook 2003 Fundamentals Certification Test
In case anyone is interested, there is a free Beta test of a MS Outlook 2003 Fundamentals Certification test available at Brainbench.com. Here is the link to find the test:<http://www.brainbench.com/xml/bb/common/testcenter/betatests.xml> This is not an advertisement, just a chance to test your knowledge and tell us about the test. You comments will be aid us in editing the test for production. Testers who score in the top 5% are eligable to become a "Cleaner" and earn $400 for about 8-10 hours of part-time contract editing. ...

Great Plains and Future developement
Hello everyone We presently run Great Plains 8.0 I would like to know what is the future for this product for the years to come? Will Microsoft continue to provide futur version et developement and support We asked our external consultant team without any feeback yet. Fabien Yes, Microsoft will continue to support GP for a long time. While we were at Convergence in May 05, MBS reaffirmed that 1. Great Plains and dexterity will continue to be supported at least till 2013 2. All future releases of all MBS products (starting with v8 SP1 for GP) will be supported for 5 years from...

error 16 (expression too complex) in plain English
I have a public date variable that's retrieved from a worksheet cell and "rounded" to the last day of the month in which it resides. This takes just one small line of code. There are no other manipulations of the variable, although it is referenced frequently without incident in multiple procedures spanning thousands of lines of code. The expression somehow causes an error 16 ("expression too complex") when I compare that variable to another date variable in just one procedure. Strangely, the expression is OK if, after receiving the error, I click Debug and then Contin...

Great Plains version 9 with BusinessPortal 3
I feel like an excited kid on Christmas morning. When can I expect to see Great Plains version 9 with BusinessPortal 3 at my doorstep? I believe if you are an existing customer, you'll see them sometime towards the end of January 2006. -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "tstrop" <tstrop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C710BCE1-CE76-4FB1-B72A-090271931F67@microsoft.com... >I feel like an excited kid on Christmas morning. When can I expect to see > Great Plains version 9 with BusinessPortal 3 at my doorstep? Probably in mid to late January. -- Charle...

great palins 8.0 us payroll
can i see a traning demo session on us payroll 8.0 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=64dd06be-2f56-4c41-91cc-e1c977be182a&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains ...

How to Keep My Job with Microsoft Certification, in This Economic Crisis Moment.
Hi friend I passed the exam of 70-086 yesterday and scored 956/1000, which is satisfying, but the most important thing is that I passed the exam. About the preparations: I spent three weeks on preparation, two weeks are used to study the MCSE Implementing and Supporting Systems Management Server 2.0 basics according to the emphasis of the exam. Learning objectively will help you to pass the exam successfully. Of course, only reading books is not very useful. Learning with practice is the most effective method. So I spent the last week on test. And I uesd http://www.pass4sure.nl/Microsoft/in...

HTML gets converted to Plain Text
Hi, We have a web application that sends e-mail messages by being allowed to relay through our smtp server. What's happening is, even though the message is formatted as html, once it gets to the other side, it comes in as plain text. I checked the global settings (this is E2k3), and set MIME to html, and that still didn't work. Is there something else I might be missing? Thanks! ...

SSL Certificate
I am currently running Exchange 2003 with SP1 on Windows 2003. I had set up OWA and every since I created an SSL certificate, any time I try to access the Public folders in ESM I get an error that states the following "The SSL Certificate name is incorrect" ID No. c103b404 Exchange System Manager Any idea how I can clear this up. Everything is operating normally on the user end, just get this error in ESM Have you checked this? http://support.microsoft.com/?id=324345 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "...

Discount Gift Certificate
Does anyone know how to successfully discount a serialized gift certificate? Example, I have a $50 GC that I want to give out for promotional purposes. I ring the Certificate in, put in a valid serial number, put a 100% discount and I have no problem with doing the initial tender. But, when the person tries to redeem the discounted GC, I get the error message "The indicated voucher has an insufficient balance of $0.00. The tender amount will be charged" and it won't allow the GC to be used. It does this for any discounted certificate and only ones rung in at full price can ...

OUTLOOK 2000 Closes when using certificate
Morning all We are currentley testing digital certificates (the free one from comodo.com). I have a couple of users on outlook 2000 and when they recieve a digitally signed e-mail Outlook closes when you attempt to view the e-mail. Any suggestions gratefully recieved. Regards Steve Does anyone have any ideas? >-----Original Message----- >Morning all > >We are currentley testing digital certificates (the free >one from comodo.com). I have a couple of users on outlook >2000 and when they recieve a digitally signed e-mail >Outlook closes when you attempt to view th...

Re-Apply a certificate
I had applied for a received a CA certificate from entrust for my new front end server. after it was applied and tested the server crashed before we could make a backup. we had to rebuild from scratch. Now the front end server is back up and working fine, but since I did not export a cert from the "new" server, I cannot apply the certificate from entrust. is there anyway to apply this certificate to the new server? "Jamie Voto" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:1d8e01c485e1$8ebca500$a301280a@phx.gbl: > we had to rebuild from scratch....