Great Plains 8.0 Evaluation CD - Documentation Cannot be read

I have downloaded the CD using my MSDN subscription to evaluavate the
product. But I am not able to read any documentation (neither PDF nor .CHM)
files. Its giving me errors. I tried using both Acrobat 6.0 and 5.0 .

Acrobat says files may be corrupted and when I tried opening .CHM files its
says cannot open the file mk:@MSITstore: <file path>

Any idea ? Please advise.

Sakeer

0
sakeer (1)

2.0 upgrade... protocol
Hi- I just got 2.0 upgrade- I was wondering how the best way to upgrade (1.3 x). Any thing special on this? Thanks Brent I don't know if my experience will completely help because I upgrade our 1.2 versions to 2.0 just prior to delpoying the registers. So, we had a complete database but no transactions or sales. However, in our case the upgrade was very straightforward. The 2.0 install detected the necessary upgrades and replaced the RMS components. It also installed DotNet Framework version 2.0 and SQL Server Express 2005. I had no issues with any of this when I did it. The o...

Telemarketing Add-On for Microsoft CRM 4.0
Hi, GrapeCity has created a Telemarketing Add-On for Microsoft CRM 4.0. You can access all the information on the Add-On (including a 30 day free trial version) by accessing the following link: www.grapecity.com/india/addons I would be elated to receive your comments, queries and feedback on the Add-On. Regards, Rahul Singh rahul.singh@grapecity.com www.grapecity.com/india/addons ...

Great Plains 8.0 and FRx 6.7
I am running a test install of Great Plains 8.0 and FRx 6.7 from Great Plains 7.6 and FRx 6.5. We also have Forecaster 6.7 installed. The install for Great Plains 8.0 and the service packs went fine execpt when I try to recreated the test company I get an error on creating a view for cash management. The real problem that I am having is after the install of FRx 6.7 I get an error when trying to open a company. The error message is "OFSI server FSGreatPlains60 is not available. Make sure it is installed and registered properly". What is the OFSI Server and where do I find ...

Import Data from ERP-System to CRM 3.0 daily
I wonder what way I should choose to import data (Accounts, Contacts, Offers,... perharps some custom entities) from an ERP-system to CRM 3.0 on a daily basis. the CRM does NOT work with a relational database, thus I don't know, if migration tools would work but I think they won't. Please tell me if I'm wrong and I'm able to use those tools for imports of dBase or CSV-Files, too. Development of a custom interface is possible but it's said anywhere that developers shall never interact with the CRM-database directly. Under what circumstances can I be sure to be on the s...

GP Project Accounting 9.0 Question
Hi, I have a question. I know that in Purchase Order Processing you can enter in project information. However, is there anyway when processing a straight payables transaction you can associate the transaction and cost to different projects? We have a client whose business model does not lend itself to using POs and wants to do this through AP Transaction Entry. I can't seem to find that functionality. Am I missing something or is it not supported? If it is not supported can anyone give me a good reason why something this simple would not be there? Alan Unfortunately, not. ...

Open a publisher document in another application
My grandson starting working on a publisher document in school and needs to finish it at home, but does not have publisher on his home computer (Office XP Pro at home). Is it possible to open the documnet in another application so he can finish it? Thanks, Candie ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then c...

adding pictures to an excel file that are on a cd
I have an excel file that will be burned to a cd. I need to add a hyperlink (or whatever else will work) to reference and show pictures that are on the same cd. "dogisnuts" <dogisnuts@discussions.microsoft.com>ha scritto nel messaggio 5018F910-9FDF-4988-B874-C814085FD6BB@microsoft.com > I have an excel file that will be burned to a cd. I need to add a > hyperlink (or whatever else will work) to reference and show pictures > that are on the same cd. I think the better solution is: *first* create the link between your Excel file and pictures on your hard drive ...

Can I make a range of cells in a worksheet read only ?
Hi, Select Cell Range Go Format -> Cells -> Protection Uncheck "Locked" checkbox Go Tools -> Protection -> Protect Sheet *optional: specify password (its case sensitive) I hope this helps ! Reetesh B. Chhatpar ShawMan Software Enterprises www.shawmansoftware.com Diamond is just another piece of coal that did well under pressure. "La Durande" <LaDurande@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99E8902C-AEBE-47A4-9EA5-396CB396720C@microsoft.com... > This protects the whole sheet. I require to have a block of cells on a worksheet read o...

Import from Money 3.0
Hi - I have an older version of Money (3.0) and I'll be upgrading to a newer version. I don't intend to ever connect to MSN (for anything, ever), but I do want to import data from my bank(s) and other institutions where possible. I also need to import the data from the earlier Money version. What is the minimum version (2003, etc) and level (Deluxe, etc) that will allow me to do this? I see that there is a lot of frustration here with 2K5 -- should I avoid it? Thanks for any insights. -- Jim Provided you are using a version for the same locale (i.e., Mv3 US->M04 U...

Page numbers #8
I am making a book that I need to start the page numbers over at one in the middle of the book. I inserted a section and in the page numbering section I selected to start at page 67 in 1,2,3 format but it kept numbering them from the previous section. Is there a way to start over the page numbers? Insert section, check Begin a section with this page, check, show footers and headers, tick start at: 67, okay... Insert "page number." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Melisa" <Melisa@discussions....

Ajax in Visual Studio 2008/Framework v2.0
I have a new machine with Windows 7/Visual Studio 2008. I am working on a ..Net 2.0 website. When I bring it up, the conversion wizard runs and then it tell me it can't find System.Web.Extensions.ScriptManager. Do I need to install the Ajax toolkit to be able to compile the .Net 2.0 website with Ajax? If so, what is the link for it? TIA - Jeff. "Mr. Magic" <Mufasa@NoWhere.Com> wrote in message news:%2316252VaKHA.5472@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have a new machine with Windows 7/Visual Studio 2008. I am working on a >.Net 2.0 website. When I brin...

CRM 3.0 Workflow Manager app freezing
Our CRM 3.0 server's Workflow Manager app started freezing up for no particular reason. No errors in the Event Log, the processor, memory, and hard drive are all nice and calm, and the only way to fix it is a complete reboot of the server. It's started happening more and more and the app is more or less no longer usable. Any thoughts on what to do other than a complete remove and rebuild of CRM on the machine? Thanks in advance for info. Brandon Vogel Network & Systems Manager Access International Software Corp. ...

Inserting an Entire PDF into a Word 2007 Document
I've been given what seems to be an impossible task. I'm hoping somebody can help me make it work. I am trying to create a Word document that will have three attachments. The material that needs to be in the attachments is only available in three PDF files (from a different company), with 48 pages, 42 pages, and 66 pages, respectively. Unfortunately, due to government contract limitations, I do not have access to the original Word files from which the other company created these PDFs. I know I could save the PDFs as JPEGs, and then insert 156 separate JPEG files, on...

Problems with 11.4.0 updates
I have tried several times to update Office 2004 with the 11.4.0 updates. Each time, I get as far as a screen that tells me that the program is "searching for programs to update." The rainbow disk spins forever, and I finally when I go to force quit the update, I am told it is not responsive. For what it is worth, I have upgraded to Leopard and use Firefox. I would appreciate any thoughts! Don On 2/20/08 11:45 AM, in article ee8e2c0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "deleomeyer@officeformac.com" <deleomeyer@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have tried several times to upd...

Any way to combine multiple Visio documents into a single documen.
I used Visio Enterprise Architect from Visual Studio .NET 2003 to reverse engineer 11 projects making up a solution to product 11 UML Static Model files. Is there any way to combine those documents into a single document so that the Model Explorer shows all projects under the Top Package icon, enabling me to work with the whole solution in one file? Thanks, Nick Piazza ...

Read only access on primary mailbox ASAP
Hey, Is there a way to grant a person read only access to their primary mailbox. I tried just setting the read only permission on the mailbox properties in the AD, but they then can't log into their mailbox. Please help ASAP if possible Thanks Jim Kiddoo why would you want to do that? there is no way to limit access to a mailbox that someone owns... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Jim Kiddoo" <jkiddoo@ualberta.ca> wrote in message news:u2SCh2DKGHA.3100@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hey, > Is there a way to grant a person read only access to their primary mailbox. > ...

Problem with Outlook Client for CRM 4.0
On one pc in our company we have problems with the outlook client for crm 4.0 This machine was setup six weeks ago. Windows Vista (32 bit, en-us) and Outlook 2007 is installed on that machine with all updates. I installed the crm 4.0 client WITHOUT offline functionality and configured it. I tested the crm client using the diagnostic tool without any errors (one warning came up regarding a slow connection but thats all). After starting Outlook I tried to track a message in crm. Then I tried the "view in crm". A empty browser page came up with following address: http://servername/c...

CRM 4.0 Mail Merge
I was under the impression that CRM 4.0 supports cusotm entities. It looks like I am not getting the option to add my custom entity as a related entity. Any tips or insights would be helpful! Thanks, John I am also having the same problem trying to add a related custom entity to the print quote template. -- Marge in the uk "Aliuar" wrote: > I was under the impression that CRM 4.0 supports cusotm entities. It looks > like I am not getting the option to add my custom entity as a related entity. > > Any tips or insights would be helpful! > > Thanks, > J...

How to export a Publisher-Document into word 2000?
I need to convert a publisher document into a word document for distribution to be reviewed by people not having publisher installed. The document contains tables, pictures and colors. I'd appreciate your help. Wolfgang -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Wolfgang <info@NO-SPA.com>... > I need to convert a publisher document into a word document f...

How do I keep other users from saving my read-only document?
I do not want other users to be able to do anything but look at my worksheet. I do not want them to be able to save it, change it, forward it, anything. Hi, Not sure about stopping people from sending it, but you can certainly stop people from saving it... Go into Windows Explorer and find your filename in the appropriate folder. Right click the filename Left Click "Properties" On the "General" tab, put a tick in "Read Only" and click OK (Don't worry about them changing it when they open it - if they can't save the changes, it doesn't matter! C...

CRM 3.0 Reports #2
I would like to Edit Existing Report and save but i am unable to save the existing report after changes as i have full control over CRM. Kindly Advice, Thanks, Syed. Try the following link on "Create a report in 15 minutes or less", provides details on mscrm 3.0 report creation: https://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/customizing/reporttutorial.mspx Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "TCorck" wrote: > I would like to Edit Existing Report and save but i am unable to save the > ex...

Smartphone with Windows Mobile 5.0 and Exhange SP2
Hi, I want to have this system push out info from my public folders calendar to my smart phone. We have 20 people who all share public calendars and this is the info that I need to push. I would like to see a definitive document on setting up your smart phone to work with this push technology. I seem to need additional settings set up on my phone, but I cannot find anything in writing about this. I find lots of marketing info. I am now searching all newsgroups, blogs etc. Can you answer this questions and perhaps point me in the right direction? On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 09:46:0...

ldap query #8
Hi, I have to find users in a particular domain: is it possible make ldap query like this (distinguishedName query=*domainname*) any help -- Dambo That wasn't a lot of inormation...could you be a bit more specific? -- Martina "Damb0" <Damb0@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73155D91-DB76-4DDC-85CB-C9293BEAA17E@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have to find users in a particular domain: is it possible make ldap > query > like this > > (distinguishedName query=*domainname*) > > any help > -- > Dambo I'll assume Win...

what stops a document from printing when printer ok?
I have a document that appears to be ok and I can send it to our printer but it will not print. If I try and manually feed the document the first page only goes through and this is blank. Document is 'within printable margins' and I cannot see anything wrong with it. I can send other documents to the printer - it is only one document I have a problem with HELP!!!! Is the text formatted as hidden? Is the text in a text box and you do not have the print drawings option selected? Does it display in print preview? -- <>>< ><<> ><<...

Preview document in same color used in highlighted cells
My spreadsheet has several highlighted areas. When I print Preview all I get are white and gray. ...