Great Plains 6 Prints reports lightly

We have an issue with the printing from Great plains being a good bit
lighter than normal print from the same printers. Does anyone know what
could cause this or where i could find settings for the printer in GP6?

Report manager question
How do I get each saved custom view printed directly after each othe using report manager. The problem I am having is each custom view want to print on a seperate page. Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Text colour printing problem
Hi, We are having problems printing a spreadsheet from a workmate computer. Most of the data is black with the exception of a of a fe rows where the text is red. when the user tries to print the documen comes out in greyscale, I have checked all settings and confiqs an still it prints greyscale, I even opened a new worksheet and typed ou a red test test page, and this prints correctly. I compared th settings of the two sheets; my test one and the orignal sheet and ther was no noticable difference. The machine is running Win 2K Pro wit Excel 2000. I hope someone can please shed some light on t...

Column Report (Right to Left)
Good Evening. I have a report that I have finally managed to arrange such that I can print landscape on the front page and Portrait on the back. I have one problem left.... The back page has a columnar subreport in the lower fifths of the page. The subreport functions fine except i need it to fill from right to left. The data is in the proper order but the report fills from left to right? How can I fix this? Thank You Tirelle ...

Newbie wants to create a chart in an Access Report
I have been using Access 2003 for a year or so, and now I would like to create a chart, but am clueless how to do this using the Wizard I have conducted a survey - the results of which are presented in a spreadsheet (EXCEL) I imported it into an Access data base table, but now would like to have a bar chart that shows how many men and women (2 bars) took the survey (This is a field in the table) I would have thought this was easy, but I can't seem to even get close Can you help ?? Many Thanks JM There is a complete demo of a survey at http://www.rogersacce...

prints fine on paper, not on card
I am creating wedding response cards, 5.5" X 4.25" (2 down, perforated, on page). They print fine on an 8.5 X 11 piece of paper, but when I use the actual card the bottom .5" is not printed. Can anyone explain that PLEASE?! What version of Publisher? Are you using a postcard setup? Portrait? It could be your printer's limitation. Some ink jets will have a margin limitation of 5.5. If you are using Publisher 2007 I would suggest using the Avery postcard page setup. Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary ...

Vertical property on report
I have a report which has a text box. Due to room on the report, I changed the vertical property of the text box to yes. On print preview, the text correctly shows itself vertically (text rotated 90 deg.). However, when printed, it's still vertical but the text is horizontal. T H I S is not what I want. Any help would be appreciated! ...

Three Primary partition in wince 6.0.
Hi All I am creating application for format a disk using wince 6.0. I followed the MSDN instruction for CreatePartition and format the disk in different FAT it's working fine But I have some doubt --------------- 1. How to create three Primary partition ? 2. How to Set primary partition as "Active" at any one of the primary partition. 3.How to CreatePartition for exFAT and TFAT ? I have set the following manner in my code "exFat" "FORMAT_OPTIONS pfo" pfo.dwFatVersion = 64 ; pfo.dwFlags = FATUTIL_FULL_FORMAT | FATUTIL_FORMAT_EXFAT - is it ...

Issues Printing Bubble Chart on Canon Printer
We just installed a new Canon printer and when we printed Excel Bubble Charts on the printer, they are rendered as squares, with inscribed circles. The bubbles are formatted to be shaded, so the squares are shaded. Has anyone had this problem and what did you do to fix it? We PDF'd the document and found that the printing problem has disappeared in the PDF'd version. Now we're missing a font on the computer that has the Adobe Acrobat application. If it's not one thing, it's another. I'm still interested in understanding why there's a problem however. "...

Allow for a Budget Transfer window in Great Plains
There is a need for a Budget transfer window in Great Plains Dynamics. This could be similar to a journal entry window that checks for validity of acocunts and balances. Currently, a transfer must be entered manually in the Budget Mtn window which allows for a great deal of error and with no edit report. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the M...

slow printing
Just installed new dell for boss with win2k and office 2k, all update including w2k sp4 and off2k sp3. User now states that his HP4000 laser prints slow compared to his win98 that this machine replaced. The slow printing only seem to occur in excell - other programs seem fine. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks Bob Page ...

Passing values between reports
Here is the deal, I have a billing system that uses multiple reports. All reports get open when I run the system. Everything works fine when there is data in all the reports, and data summaries gets passed from all reports to the summary report. Sometimes in one or more reports in a certain month, there is no data, and instead of passing 0 (zero) from the these reports that do not have data to the summary reports. I get #Error or #Name. (The summary values to be passed are usually in the footer section of the reports) I use this on the summary report to get the values from the re...

Need help calculating queries & reports
Hello, I have an Access Database 2000 to track performance. Within the db I have a performance table where user input their ID, date, part#, side, start sequence & stop sequence daily (there can be two entries per day). Then on another reference table with field: part#, side, sequence#, time (min). What I would like to calculate in the query and report is look at the start & stop sequence based on the part# & side then calculate how long (time) the operator spend on the job (part#). Thanks Example: Table1 ID date part# side start seq stop seq 001 1/8/...

Printing legal-paper documents
I am unable to print legal-paper sized documents. All other print jobs work fine. Attempted switching the drivers, though printing to any available printer produces the same problem. Other systems aren't running into this problem on the same printers. It isn't an issue with the type of paper feed, in fact, it doesn't seem to even get beyond the program that is trying to send the print job. In addition, there are no errors produced. I'd appreciate any advice, especially if you could email it to me. Thanks, Nathan Sones natesones@yahoo.com ...

Not Print Last Page of a Report
Depending on a value on form, I want to not the last page of a report. Using an event procedure of the report , is there a way to code so the last page does not print? I use the Report Open event to perform several other procedure based on the value of the form. I just can not figure out how to stop the last page from printing. Thanks for any help, Lamar Lamar wrote: >Depending on a value on form, I want to not the last page of a report. >Using an event procedure of the report , is there a way to code so the last >page does not print? I use the Report Open event to perfo...

How to print 11 x 17
I have Publisher 2003 and cannot figure out how to print on 11x17 paper. The document is 11x17. I set the paper size in Publisher and my printer driver (Epson 1280) to print 11x17. I triple verifed my both Publisher and printer driver settings. However, my output is a cropped to 8.5x11 on 11x17 paper. When I return to Publisher after printing, I notice that my page setup has reverted back to 8.5x11 even though the rulers on the document still show 11x17. To make matters even more odd, this document was created in Publisher 2002 and printed just fine. I've enen tried copyin...

Problem with printing multiple copies of a report
I read and follow the suggestion from this group to wrtie the code for a print sub: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord DoCmd.SelectObject acReport, "rptCertificate", True DoCmd.PrintOut acPrintAll, , , , InputBox("Enter Number of Copies", _ "Print repCertificate", 1), 0 Access prints one copy even I put 2 in the InputBox or use DoCmd.PrintOut acPrintAll, , , , 2, 0 in stead. Thank you in advance for your help. -- Jeff ...

Printing problem.
Hi, i'm having a strange problem with some excel files in a Windows 2000 Server (no service pack applied) network. Some users are able to print a file while other are not. No error message is exhibited on screen. Users have the some network rights. This happens only with a few files, all of them located on the same folder on the server. Clients are using Windows 98 SE and Windows Me. We are using Office 2000 SR1 Thanks, -- Carlos Vaz --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.510 / Virus Database: 307 - Release ...

Self Service & Reporting
Hi all, Does anyone know if there's a way to allow a client to report on all issues for themselves and their particular company? It'd also be nice if they could submit queries online rather than just via eMail. Dre Hi Andre, You will need to do something with the SDK to achieve this functionality. Basically, take the example of inserting a case/incident and build on it. Stephen "Andre Boyle" <andre@with.us> wrote in message news:%23KkUzETqEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > Does anyone know if there's a way to allow a client to repo...

Repost Report Orientation Issue
Sorry for the repost. Someone answered my post earlier with a blank post. Here's my original post. Help appreciated... I have an app that uses an event procedure to send a report in pdf format via email. It's a simple command, works perfectly most of the time. Every 50 or so times, various users, it ends up generating the report in Portrait format instead of landscape. No rhyme or reason. Sender will execute the app 5 times, then on the sixt time, it turns up portrait, then send it again and it turns up landscape as it should. What is happening here? "JimfromIndy&...

Act 6.0 #2
I have office 2000 and need to import my Act 6.0 database. My office does not have the service option under Tools. Can anyone tell my how to import? ...

Printing document references
Hello, We have a number of forms which we have produced here at work which require numbered references on them so each document is unique. Can this be batch driven ? EG. I have designed a printed sheet in Excel for our stock take this year. We need 200 sheets to be issued out to the guys doing the counting. Each sheet needs its own unique documents reference number on it so it can be traced. How can I automate this so I can print 200 copies of the document, and the document references increase incrementally on each separate page. EG. ABC0001, ABC0002, ABC0003... I dont want to have t...

Problem with data sheet and linking it to another sheet to make a report
This is kind of hard to explain, but I will try. I'm making a report in excel by linking the report sheet to another sheet that has the data. What I am doing is entering the equal sign, and then clicking on the data in sheet 2 and put them under the labels I have on sheet 1 (the report). So here are the steps so far: 1. I open excel and design a report with lables and field names, now i just need the data for the report 2. I insert a new sheet that has the data. 3. I go back to the first sheet (report) and put an equal sign into one of the fields where I want the data to appear in my r...

[W2K8 R2]Unable to install Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1
Hi there, we are unable to install Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 on our Windows Server 2008 R2 server. The error message tells us that a component is missing but which one, we don't know :-( Best regards Philippe Le Page You may want to ask them here. http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsmobileactivesync/threads -- Regards, Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Oriane wrote: > Hi there, > > we ...

Find the first and last occurance of a report printed. #2
Hello, I have a wookbook that contains about 180,000 rows of data across 3 spreadsheets. The data is in Column A and Column B. In Column A I have Mainframe Report Number's and in Column B I have the dates the reports have printed. Column A repeats the report number for each date the report has printed as shown below. COLUMN A COLUMN B AA000001 6/23/06 AA000001 5/10/06 AA000001 10/02/05 AA000002 6/5/06 AA000002 5/10/06 AA000002 4/09/05 AA000002 3/12/04 AA000002 2/14/03 Is it possible to have a macro go thr...

Printing of Returns
Is there a way to restrict the printing of returns? Any person who has access to SOP has access to the 'Return' SOP type. rcr, you can restrict access to the Return type in Advanced Security - change the view in Advanced security to Document Access. Select Sales. The different document types are listed there. Uncheck the Return type for the user(s) from whom you want to take access. When they open the Sales Transaction entry screen and select Return, they will get the message 'You don't have access to this document type'. In Invoicing, they can select Return as the t...