Grant Management Note function should allow importing a document

Currently the note function in Grants Management only allow the user to type
a note. The ability to import a document or cut & paste from a document would
be helpful to attach supporting documents. Also the ability to be able to
attache more than on note would allow for a centralized location for
documents such as Grant Applications and Award Letters.
--
Thomas J. Browne
Chief Financial Officer

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5c227e8e-e61d-40e5-bcc7-bc592d411695&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
TJBrowne (13)

isn't it there a paper clip in that note button?  You can use that to add
multiple documents.

"TJBrowne" wrote:

> Currently the note function in Grants Management only allow the user to type
> a note. The ability to import a document or cut & paste from a document would
> be helpful to attach supporting documents. Also the ability to be able to
> attache more than on note would allow for a centralized location for
> documents such as Grant Applications and Award Letters.
> --
> Thomas J. Browne
> Chief Financial Officer
> Bellefairejcb.org
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5c227e8e-e61d-40e5-bcc7-bc592d411695&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Gerald (227)

HELP! Design Review & Risk Management topics (in ASP projects) required
Hi, I have to take 2 one hour sessions on the following topics: * Project Design Review * Project Risk Management Can you please recommend any topics/examples/case studies for the same? Any help will be much appreciated. On 9/6/2010 8:12 AM, gangestech wrote: > Hi, > > I have to take 2 one hour sessions on the following topics: > > * Project Design Review > * Project Risk Management > > Can you please recommend any topics/examples/case studies for the same? > > Any help will be much appreciated. > <http://www.dofactory.com/Fra...

SOP Document Lookup Error
Whenever we try using the document number lookup on the Sales Transaction Entry screen in GP8, we get the following message once we click the magnifying glass: Unhandled script exception: Index 0 of array 'Type Name' is out of range in script 'Document_Scroll SCROLL_FILL'. Script terminated. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_OUT_OF_RANGE SCRIPT_CMD_INDEX Does anyone have any ideas on how to clear this up? This pops up as soon as you click on the magnifying glass, then once you click ok, it pops up 2 more times. Do a query against table SOP10100 and look for any values in the SOP...

Force to record note or Activity
Hi, Customer want to force the user to record note or activity after opening a case ( Even to read or to check the status). What should i use - a call out or some javascript + logic? please share any help - comments - ideas .. thnks ...

Problem cut-n-paste function
I'm having a bizarre problem cut-n-pasting a very simple calculation (ie = A1 � B1) in C1 down the column (ie C2 to Cn). When I cut-n-paste the function in C1, value that displays is the same as the source cell. If I click on the target cell, the correct cells are highlighted and if I hit the enter button, the formula calculates as expected. What is going on? What do I have to do to force the formula to auto calculate? Turn on Automatic Calculation <g>. You do that at Tools/Options/Calculation. On 27 Sep 2004 18:56:34 -0700, jsausten@hotmail.com (Stephen Miller) wrote: >I'm...

Need Help Troubleshooting Report Manager
Here is my situation. I can=92t get to Report Manger via IE. IE just displays the =93Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage=94 error message. Details: OS is Server 2008 Standard. I=92m running a standalone computer =96 not connected to the internet. I=92ve installed MS Loopback Adapter. I=92ve installed SQL Server Reporting Services and it=92s running ok. I verified by going to Services. Status is Started, Startup Type is Automatic. The account I=92m logged in as is a member of the Administrators Group. Windows Firewall is off for all profiles. Under Network Connections ...

Allow a user to log on as a service as well as a user
I'm doing a blackberry enterprise install and need to allow the admin user for the berry install to log on a service as well. How do i configure the user this way? He is already configured as a admin user. -- Trinidad You configure this (usually) under the Local Security Policy in User Rights. -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Directory Update - http://www.directory-update.com "nigel" <nigel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0202604E-5164-453F-B16C-FE7F97543FD4@microsoft.com... > I'm doing a blackberry enterprise install...

New Import Utility for RMS Store Ops and HQ!
Just a post to advise RMS users and partners that we have just released a new import utility for RMS. It works with both HQ and SO and allows importing of items only, but does allow for changes and updates. Priced at US $495 or GBP £275 for end users. Reseller discounts are available If you are interested please email me at rod@rsgplc.com with the subject RSG Import Utility Rod Barlow Retail Systems Group PLC (Microsft RMS Reseller UK) ...

create xml document based from schema
I have the following schema. I need to know how to make an xml document based from it. The main worry I have is the DateTime field. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="NewsArticle"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="Description" type="xs:string" /> <xs:element name="Body" type="xs:string" />...

Report Writer Dater Function
Hello: Does anyone know how to create a restriction in Report Writer to show the most recent date? I want to obtain the most recent date for the Apply to Document Date field in the body of my report. This field is in the Apply Open File (RM20201). Thanks. childofthe1980s ChildOfThe1980s, I would be more than glad to help if you could further explain what report in particular is this for, is it an aging? If so, would you like the most recent apply to date to display on a summary aging? Not sure I am following what you need. MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Busines...

deleted document
I have deleted an important document and need to retrieve it. The document deleted was on our server and I don't know how to find it and restore it. Contact your IT staff and ask them to restore it from the last backup. But try to find out what share it was on (and folder and filename). It might mean a quicker response. dcalhoun wrote: > > I have deleted an important document and need to retrieve it. The document > deleted was on our server and I don't know how to find it and restore it. -- Dave Peterson Hope your network administrator does regular backups (like da...

Drill Down Function
I'm trying to create a function that will open a detail form based on a field value in a master form. I can do this using a private sub, but I hate replicating the same private sub over and over again each time I want to drill down from a different form or control. I also like being able to run a function directly from the On Double Click event of any given control and form without first having to go to a private sub. The function would have to be told the name of the detail form to open, the name of the key field in the detail form, and the value to search for. Here...

Technical Documentation #2
All, We're getting ready to install Great Plains and I will like to better understand the backend(database) processing of Great plains. I would like to know what each table is and when is it used in the process. Is there any technical documentation that describe the tables and the process. Any help or suggestion would be appreciated. Jamal Hello Jamal, you may want to refer to the Software Development Kit. If you have access to customersource, you can get it from there. i'll try to look up some more for you. /timber\ On Nov 1, 10:17 pm, "Jamal" <j...@newsgrou...

SERIES function disappear
I can't use SERIES in Excel 2007 (err msg, input function not correct) even i cant find SERIES function at "Insert function" dialog i disable Marco in Excel 2007, is it related? Pls Help, Thank you What were you expecting SERIES to do for you as a worksheet function? In Excel 2003, SERIES didn't exist in a worksheet, but only in a chart. -- David Biddulph "Vimm" <Vimm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FA6C85E-A9F2-471F-9629-8ED8B9901CB8@microsoft.com... >I can't use SERIES in Excel 2007 (err msg, input function not correc...

How do I Import Alias'
I downloaded QSCImp.exe and imported a 45,000 item database,600 suppliers, and 1200 customers, but I do not know how to import the Alias. With the QSCImp folder there is a word document showing the file layout, but no executable file and there is no option to import the Alias in the QSCImp.exe program. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kinnard@donotspamBMS.com On the first screen when choosing the file you are importing and setting the connection to the database you want to choose Aliases from the Destination Table. It is entry 4 on the drop down list. Th...

Importing QIF files
I download and save the QIF file from my bank. I then import the file into Money 2004. When I review the enteries in my credit card relative to the QIF file I find the following: QIF: P7-ELEVEN 123456 Anytown VA M04: Eleven Anytown VA (Lost the "7-" and the store number) QIF: PJoe's 145345 Anytown VA M04: Joe S Anytown (lost the apostrophe, capitalized the "S", lost the state) QIF: PMR. CLEAN CAR WASH ANYTOWN VA M04: Mr Clean Car Wash Anytown (Lost the period, lost the state, lost the capitalization) I checked and in both cases there are no payee name va...

Data Import/ Data Map Questions
Hello, I am developing a solution that will allow various new and updated entities to be loaded from several source systems into a Microsoft Dynamics 4.0 installation on an ongoing basis. There are some up- front components to the solution that detect new/changed source system data that are custom but I wanted to be able to use the built-in Data Import facilities within 4.0 to take the data from Excel files and load it into the CRM. I've looked at the sample code in the SDK and have been able to write code that will do this, including use of Picklist and Lookup (ie parent account) type ...

Requisition Management
I am suggesting that the Requisition Management documentation be more complete - specifically in the area of covering the migration from eReq to RM. I've seen pretty good examples of migration documentation and "What's New" information with Great Plains 8.0 and with Grant Management. I am suggesting that there be more consistency with this level of documentation across all modules and products. The Requisition Management documentation could especially use some improvements in this area. For example, please include answers to the following questions in the RM Doc: What...

Import data from excel
I am a beginner in ACCESS. I have imported a table of transactions which contains unique doctor, unique practice and referrals (business transaction). I have created a unique doctor table with unique doctor ID and I have also create a separate unique table for practice with unique practice ID. I don't know how to connect the unique DOCTOR ID & unique PRACTICE ID into the transaction table, originally the transaction table has the doctor's name and practice's name. Can someone guide me the steps. Thanks. On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 10:29:01 -0800, Muichoi <Muichoi@discussions....

Importing Contacts 04-15-04
When trying to import contacts into CRM I get the following message. "Microsoft outlook could not be started. Verify that outlook is installed on this computer." I have Outlook 2003 installed and also have installed the CRM Sales for Outlook ...

send email when case notes change?
Hello, Is there any way to configure the workflow so that an email can be sent when the notes of a case have changed? Thanks, Shan McArthur - VP, Technology ADXSTUDIO Inc. | 200 - 1445 Park Street | Regina, SK Canada | S4N 4C5 Tel: 306.569.6502 | Toll-Free: 800.508.7811 ext. 502 | Fax: 306.569.8518 You cannot create a workflow for note. I think the only way to achive your goal is to write a custom PostUpdate callout for the Annotation (Note). You could check if the note is related to the entity of type "case" (objecttypecode) and only then send some custom e-mail. ...

Great Plains 8.0 Evaluation CD
I have downloaded the CD using my MSDN subscription to evaluavate the product. But I am not able to read any documentation (neither PDF nor .CHM) files. Its giving me errors. I tried using both Acrobat 6.0 and 5.0 . Acrobat says files may be corrupted and when I tried opening .CHM files its says cannot open the file mk:@MSITstore: <file path> Any idea ? Please advise. Sakeer ...

Import custom namespace in XSLT
Hi, I wanted to use the <msxsl:script> tag in a XSLT and include a .Net defined namespace. For ex: System.Web It seems the framework 1.1 does not work in a manner mentioned in the documentation. The framework gives me a run-time exception and does not transform the input file Have you come across such situations and were able to implement the same? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Alok Alok Sathaye wrote: > I wanted to use the <msxsl:script> tag in a XSLT and include a .Net defined > namespace. For ex: System.Web Then when declaring and/or using object...

Quicken Import & Online Download has Messed Up Accounts
I'm a new Money 2005 user. Was using Quicken and got a new Notebook with Money Standard preinstalled. Liked it, and disliked Quicken's new version. But I use my desktop for my finances, not my notebook, so I downloaded the trial from the MS site, and I'm going to purchase it. My problem: I imported my Quicken data, and then I set up automatic online downloads. So I have multiple instances of some accounts. I know there is a "Merge Accounts" feature, but before trying it I took a good look at all the accounts, and I beleive I will end up with a real mess if I merge...

Double Space in notes in contacts.
Sometimes when hitting enter in a contact note field, enter double spaces instead of single space. Anyway to get it to get it to single space when hitting enter? -- Thank you, Eric Vogel ...

Gloabal Functions
There are many times that a "global" function would be nice instead of writing the code over and over on each "OnChange" event. Something as simple as setting Proper Case has to be added to so many places and any time a small change is needed it is an ordeal implementing due to the number of place this change has to be made. Using the Global.js is not a good solution because most of my users have the Laptop installation...I would have to find a way to push this out to the users every time a change is made. Currently this would have to be manually. --------------...