GPv10 How to Create New PO from Sales Order

Hi, In SOP, on a line being ordered, I click on the Paper Clip icon
and a screen pops up allowing me to lookup an existing PO to assign
this item.  A few questions.

1) are the POs listed when I select the lookup only vendors that we
purchase this specific item from or does the lookup select any new
PO?  If any PO that could cause issues since someone may assign this
item to a vendor that doesn't sell that item.

2) What if I wanted to create a New PO so I know I'm ordering from the
correct vendor?  Is this possible?  Is this a setup option, cause I
don't see where to create a new PO.

Thanks in advance.
Gi
0
gijeet (44)

1.  The POs are for purchases of the selected item.

2.  Create a new po (or PO's) for items on a sales order by clicking the
Action menu option and then Purchase.  Its too long a process to describe
completely here but our books on Understanding SOP and Understanding POP
describe the process in detail.  Check them out on our web site.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"GiJeet" wrote:

> Hi, In SOP, on a line being ordered, I click on the Paper Clip icon
> and a screen pops up allowing me to lookup an existing PO to assign
> this item.  A few questions.
>
> 1) are the POs listed when I select the lookup only vendors that we
> purchase this specific item from or does the lookup select any new
> PO?  If any PO that could cause issues since someone may assign this
> item to a vendor that doesn't sell that item.
>
> 2) What if I wanted to create a New PO so I know I'm ordering from the
> correct vendor?  Is this possible?  Is this a setup option, cause I
> don't see where to create a new PO.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Gi

0
info4071 (3004)
7/19/2009 9:22:01 PM
There is an entire printable manual -- Sales Order Processing -- dedicated to
the topic of Sales Orders, in particular, you will want to look at Part 3:
Allocation, Fulfillment and Purchasing, Chapter 21: New Purchase Orders,
Section: Purchase Orders from Sales Documents.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"GiJeet" wrote:

> Hi, In SOP, on a line being ordered, I click on the Paper Clip icon
> and a screen pops up allowing me to lookup an existing PO to assign
> this item.  A few questions.
>
> 1) are the POs listed when I select the lookup only vendors that we
> purchase this specific item from or does the lookup select any new
> PO?  If any PO that could cause issues since someone may assign this
> item to a vendor that doesn't sell that item.
>
> 2) What if I wanted to create a New PO so I know I'm ordering from the
> correct vendor?  Is this possible?  Is this a setup option, cause I
> don't see where to create a new PO.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Gi

0
MarianoGomez (3440)

report new page for each alpha
I have a report that produces an alphabetic directory, with the entries for each new letter (A, B, C,) starting on a new page. I have one letter, U, which has only one entry, and for some reason it is coming out on the last T page (it is the only single-entry letter which happens to fall behind a "full" page, where there isn't room on the previous page - but there are plenty of other "short" pages where it correctly does a page break before a letter. Any reason a particular letter (and it's not the only single-entry letter) might not break pages proper...

Paste Filtered Range to New Workbook- AS
Hello, I recorded a macro and additionally used the DG help to construct the following macro; however, I'm not certain how to copy the filtered range (which will vary every time the worksheet is used) or how to find the last row of the workbook to which the data will be pasted. Any help would be great! And thanks in advance. Sub Macro1() Dim wbname As String Dim copyrange As Range Dim LastRow As Range Dim rng As Range ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 12/8/2009 by asagay ' wbname = ActiveSheet.Range("g1").Value & ActiveSheet.Range("j1&qu...

system tray new mail icon gone :(
Before i used to have an icon pop up in my system tray when i received a new mail. I accidently hid it one time and it no longer comes back. How can i get it back. I run Outlook Xp on a Win XP pro machine. Thanks in advance.. --minnoce944 Check Tools, Options, Email Options, Advanced Email Options. MAke sure the checkbox for "show an envelope in the notification area" is checked. If it is, right click on the Windows taskbar. Choose Properties, then customize. Your icon might have just been set to always hide. If so, you can change it to always show. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook...

Saving Monthly Accounts and starting a new Month?
Hi Everyone, I really enjoy the Access Database System it has helped me a lot with my accounts but I must be doing something wrong because, I keep opening new databases for each month instead of it following on from the previous month and using the same "Categories!." So my question is How do I save the previous month and let it be stored, and start a new month on the same system or page but without adding up what has been put in the system... If you know what I`m on about. Thank you Angeldelight... melting in the UK weather :) Hard to advise without some info ...

PO Modification
hello, how do I go about adding the Retail price field in a Purchase Order receipt format >thanks ...

Executive summary for New Deployment
Is there a resource (templates) Microsoft provides about new deployments for Windows 2003 AD / Exchange 2003 for Partners? I am hoping a doc that shows resources use, each phases, what is entailed at each phase, high-level design conideration (inplace upgrade vs. new install) - thank you kindly. The MSA might be useful for you. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/msa/default.mspx "JPaul" <jpaul@mail.com> wrote in message news:%23pao%23$WpEHA.3592@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is there a resource (templates) Microsoft provides about new deployments > for Wind...

New Import Utility for RMS Store Ops and HQ!
Just a post to advise RMS users and partners that we have just released a new import utility for RMS. It works with both HQ and SO and allows importing of items only, but does allow for changes and updates. Priced at US $495 or GBP £275 for end users. Reseller discounts are available If you are interested please email me at rod@rsgplc.com with the subject RSG Import Utility Rod Barlow Retail Systems Group PLC (Microsft RMS Reseller UK) ...

create xml document based from schema
I have the following schema. I need to know how to make an xml document based from it. The main worry I have is the DateTime field. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="NewsArticle"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="Description" type="xs:string" /> <xs:element name="Body" type="xs:string" />...

creating labels
hi, how can i create labels so I can input about 100 names and they will print off in a label style, Ive tried everything please help!! -- \m/ O_O \m/ Laura..... :) Liverpool, England Laura, I would do a mail merge with word, For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups s...

Creating a new default message template
I have a email template that I want to make the default. In other words, when you click on New to create a new email, I want the message template that I have created to come up as the default. Does anyone know how to do this? What you are proposing is a very bad idea. Using a custom form as the = default for new messages will guarantee that non-Outlook recipients = won't be able to read attachments you send.=20 I'd suggest that you back up and explain what functionality you were = hoping to add by changing the message form, and in what version of = Outlook.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, ...

can't reply or can't create
I have Outlook 6.0 in my Windows 2000 computer. I can't reply or create new message but I can read the message. The "Reply" "new" "forword" and "reply all" button are dead. I can't highlight those button. Does anyone has any problme of this? Plez let me know <mmdir2002@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1106036722.098189.74470@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > > I have Outlook 6.0 in my Windows 2000 computer. > I can't reply or create new message but I can read the message. > The "Reply" "new" "f...

transferring outlook express files to new computer
I am trying to transfer my OE files to my laptop. I have tried to use the export feature but it is not working. In scanning the Knowledge Base it seems I need to have the full version of Outlook or Exchange because it has files in order to make this work??? I don't have these programs on my old computer - just OE. I tried copying all the email files/folders into the proper/corresponding directory on my laptop but they just don't show up. I really really don't want to lose all my email. Is there a solution? Many thanks and feel free to email me a julie@crowbold.com ...

COleSafeArray::Create throws CMemoryException
Hi why does COleSafeArray::Create throw a CMemoryException if the array to create is larger than ullAvailPhys but smaller then ullAvailVirtual as returned by GlobalMemoryStatusEx Are all safearrays kept in physical memory and not swapped to page file I use Windows XP Thank HS ...

Need to create an automatic hyperlink
I'm using Excel 2003, Windows XP. Okay I have a workbook with a main spreadsheet and about 150 other spreadsheets with images in them. I have the names of the other spreadsheets in cell b2. How do I create a hyperlink that will concantenate the name in cell b2 to a hyperlink and point it to the spreadsheet with that name? I know I can do it by manually selecting each cell and hyperlinking manually, but with over 150 it's taking a while. Thanks. I tried =HYPERLINK("file:////"&b2,"Click me!") and it fails (can't find specified file)...

limit create window/control max count?
Hi all. I am testing a create control. But I want create many control (more 10000) in dialog. I test dynamic create CButton. It's created about 9800. I want work. 1. have a two dialog.(A, B) 2. A dialog has 40 controls(Button, Spin, static). 3. B dialog has contain A dialog. A dialog is more than 200. 4. create A dialog dynamic.(Using A->Create(IDD, this)) and attach B dialog. A dialog is modaless. 5. But not create about 190. dialog create function return 0. thank for read. Have a nice day. You need to redesign your system, IMO. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com...

Add a nwe mail folder with new email address
I want to add a new folder within the mail area in Outlook 2003. opened up an additional email account with my IP and want that email t go to a seperate main folder in outlook. Under All Mail Folders I'v got Personal Folders and Hotmail as root folders in the area. I wan to add another root folder for my new email only. Thank you, Crai ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Apart from special accounts like HTTP and IMAP when you collect POP3 then all mess...

'Signature for new messages' which won't work
Hi, I have Outlook 2003 and if I go to Tools>Options>Mail Format I see I can choose a signature for new messages. I have 3 e-mail accounts set up, and have set a new message signature for each one, e.g.: 1) Home > Sig 1 (default) 2) Work > Sig 2 3) Play > Sig 3 However when I try to create a new e-mail message, it seems impossible to automatically start a new e-mail using my Work or Play accounts, and therefore have the signature automatically entered. So what is the point of this feature if there is no way to use it? I'm sure I'm missing so...

In what order do installed AddIns open?
I had no joy with my other post 'Trying to read CustomDocumentProperties of an open 2007 AddIn Options ' so I'm trying another tack... To work around a problem I'm having, since upgrading a complex tool to Excel 2007, I need to ensure that my Version Checker AddIn always opens before my Engine AddIn. Is there any useable logic that dictates the order in which Excel opens its installed AddIns (e.g. alphabetical, order of installation, position in list) or is it one of those unknown internal processes that will forever remain a mystery? Br, Nick. First Com...

Problem creating 2003 PST file
Hi, I am currently running Outlook 2003 (Client). I am trying to create a new PST file. However when I try to add a new file (file\new\outlook data file\) I can only select: Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folder File. On the microsoft website it says I should see something like "Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst)" but it is not listed. Is there any way to correct this?? I am running Outlook 2003 SP1. Thanks for any help, Wouter Hi, Kan iemand mij helpen? Het moet mogelijk zijn om bij het verzenden van een emailtje de afzender te veranderen. Ooit wist ik het, maar ik ben...

Creating users via powershell
I am using the windows powershell cmdlets to set up new users automatically in AD 2003. I am particularly using the cmdlets from quest such get-qaduser and new-qaduser. To setup bulk number of users I have to setup a csv file and then import them into the script. The script is below: #Get-UserGroups.ps1 #sample CSV heading # "Name,Firstname,Lastname,SAMAccountname,Telephone,Office,Department,Title,City,Company" $file="C:\employees.csv" if ((Get-Item $file -ea "silentlycontinue" ).exists) { Import-Csv $file | ForEach-Object { ...

Creating a task with a duration = sum of all tasks durations
Is it possible to have a task that has a duration equal the sum of the duration for a set of tasks and that has work for that task calculated automatically based on a formula of say number of hours per day times the number of days duration? Duration is not additive but work is. Imagine a summary task that has 3 subtasks, each of which lasts one day. If the three are in parallel, starting together, they all finish at the same timne and all work on the summary is complete since all work on its children is complete, The summary task duration is 1 day. But as to work, each subt...

How do you edit HTML source in a new outlook email message?
Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a place to edit source for a new message. This is probably a really easy thing to do, I just can't find out where the "edit source" option is, and the help files don't seem to be any help. Thanks, Justin The feature doesn't exist in Microsoft Outlook. "justinvanderpol" <justinvanderpol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ADC71DF-40BC-4656-98A8-A473EB40E837@microsoft.com... > Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a > place ...

Transfer to New Computer
I have a new MacBook and just installed Office Mac Home & Student Edition; however, I had to install Office twice on this computer because of problems encountered. Have I just used up two of my three instillation privileges? On the first try I could not register because my PID was stated as invalid. On the second try I was not asked about the PID or the Product Key.<br> <br> After all this the computer is now going to be replaced by Apple because of hardware problems. What do I have to do load Office on the new computer so as not to loose another of my three instillation privil...

Creating timelines that don't use time as the horizontal measureme
Is it possible to use the timeline functionality of visio without using time as the horizontal meter? I want to have the same functionality of a timeline, but use it to express events that happen over a range of values from 0-100. ...

New Exchange Routing Group in child domain / site
I have just finished installing a child domain (leaf node) and installing a exchange server for that new domain. First problem I had was that when my email was coming in via the main domain it was sending some of the public folder emails over to the sub domain (witch I had not configured for public folders) So I placed each domain in its own routing group, created a routing connect (both ways) pointing at each other as well as SMTP Connectors with * and cost of 1 (all default settings in each location / routing group. These server will be split via a T1 and both will receive email (ma...