GPS Customization Query

Hi All,

Is there a way to avoid/remove "Quick Links" and "Help"
links from the Business Portal Site for the end users?

Any help on this would be very handy.

Regards,
Kuldeep

Customize the GAL
We are running Windows 2003 R2 and Exchange 2003 SP2. Our organization consists of Staff, Faculty, and Students. What I want to accomplish is to create a GAL that contains Staff and Faculty only, no students. Further, I want to provide access to the GAL only to Staff and Faculty (which are members of the GAL), and restrict access to anyone else. Would someone please point me in the direction of information regarding how to accomplish this. Thanks in advance. -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Semi...

Is direct database access ok as CRM customization?
Hi everyone, if i directly access CRM database through sql query, which is just a SELECT query. Is this OK by Microsoft standards as i am not doing any insertion or updation in database. Waiting... uMar Khan Hi, What are you using the SELECT statements for???? I think that any modification directly to the SQL MSCRM database without using a web service via the metabase is un-supported. But I am pretty sure that if you used a SELECT just to look up data without modification to the data in the table then that should be supported. hth Regards, Nathan "uMar Khan" wrote: > H...

How do I setup a customized welcome message for a new profile?
I'm trying to setup a means to include a customized welcome message to a new user profile when created using the ORK tools or any 3rd party tool. Not 100% sure but check out the info here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/293870 "gwilliams664" <gwilliams664@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5894776D-2C86-4A6F-A815-B3CE30DB0C57@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to setup a means to include a customized welcome message to a > new > user profile when created using the ORK tools or any 3rd party tool. From the following link I find that the welcome...

Custom Reports 04-22-04
We have CRM v1.0, Server 2000, etc... Also have Crystal Reports 8.5 with the CRM Enhancement installed on a client PC. I can log on to APS via Crystal, but I cannot perform the "Verify Database" option which is supposed to enable me to reference our custom fields for reporting. I continue to get an error on login "An error occured while authenticating user". This happens no matter what combination of paths/users/passwords I try to use. Any one know of some catch here? What do I need to do to be able to reference our custom fields? Thanks! are you able to run rep...

Modifier and Customer Card
GP 8.0, SQL I am trying to add the e-mail field to the Customer Maintenance form so associates don't have to open another window. I've identified the field as INET1 and it is available as a global field on the form. However, I cannot drag and drop this field onto the form. I can select it, but when dragging it nothing happens. It doesn't drag. I tried another non-global field, and it dragged over fine. Is there something I am not doing correctly? Does this mean it is not possible to put this field on this form? (I hope not) Thanks, Jason Global fields cannot be dragged and ...

Can you make a custom color for text? #2
I need a specific text color. Can it be added knowing the RGB values as in WORD? Color in Excel is pretty limited. You can alter the colors in a specific workbook by going to Tools | Options | Color. Then, select the color you want to change and click Modify. You can only have 56 unique colors in one workbook. You may want to save a workbook with your Custom Colors in it. Then, you can open it andd transfer its colors into other open workbooks. Or, you could seek out a vba solution. -- tj "Joe" wrote: > > I need a specific text color. Can it be added knowing the ...

Xpath query #5
Given following XML: <RESPONSE> <DATA REQUEST_ID=3D"465466189C701F41E040007F01004D25E6B23D14793EB72753CE2387F85A5= 7E5"> <ENTITY name=3D"Q_ARI_KLS"> <ATTRIBUTE name=3D"ID" value=3D"10000307968" /> <ATTRIBUTE name=3D"NOSAUKUMS" value=3D"ABAB=C4=BBEVA" /> </ENTITY> <ENTITY name=3D"Q_ARI_KLS"> <ATTRIBUTE name=3D"ID" value=3D"10000323423" /> <ATTRIBUTE name=3D"NOSAUKUMS" value=3D"CITSKAUTKAS&qu...

MS query #3
I'm bringing over data into Excel using MS Query from another application. One of the fields is a "Note" field. This field comes over including all the formatting. (i.e. "{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0{\fonttbl{\f0 \fnil\fcharset0 Arial;}{\f1\fnil MS Sans Serif;}} \viewkind4\uc1\pard\lang1033\fs16 Again I say this is just a test.\f1\par }) The technical people at the other application say: "The notes fields are now Info Power Rich Text fields. You will need to use components that reflect them as Rich Text fields. You are apparently using a component that...

Running queries via forms
is there a good tutorial out there on how to make forms that run queries and reports? I've gotten all turned around on it all. On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 13:53:01 -0700, Dragon <Dragon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >is there a good tutorial out there on how to make forms that run queries and >reports? I've gotten all turned around on it all. Well, forms don't "run" anything. You can use a reference to a form control on a Query, and base a Report on that query. Crystal's tutorial might be a good place to look, this is one of the techniques she d...

Saving a custom format?
Greetings, I created a custom number format for use on a particular workbook. Now that custom format is available for use anywhere on that workbook. However, the custom format is not available in a new workbook or any other existing workbook. Is there a way to save the custom format so that it is available in any workbook? Thanks! Jim Orson... Hi Try putting the format in a blank workbook called Book1 and save this in your XLSTART folder -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jim Orson wrote: > Greetings, > > I created a custom number format for use on a particular work...

uninstall query
Hi All , This is my first msg in this group hope i'll get help n some idea, ok now time for the problem.... i have developed a simple MFC dialog based program which when runs creates few txt file which holds simple numeric data which i use during the operation of the program, now my requirement is ... whenever i uninstall the program all files including the folder / sub folder should get deleted, i am not using any DLL in my program. Isn't that something you should be doing in the uninstaller? -- Vipin Aravind http://www.explorewindows.com/Blogs "PARIJAT" <parijat...

How to add "Add existing..." button link in custom entity form?
Hi, I created a custom entity called ClassSchedule which has a parental, 1-Many relationship with Contact. Now, when I add new ClassSchedule, in the form, and click the Contact link, I want to have a button "Add Existing Contact" instead of just adding new contact in my ClassSchedule. Please advise on how to go about it. Thanks! ...

link a txtbox with a query
Hi guys, I am working in an Access Project and I want to connect one textbox I have in the form with the criteria in the query (View) for the row source for a combo box in the same form, what I want is for reduce the amount of records shown in the combo box. I typed this lines in the criteria of the fieldcategory in the query, = [forms]![frmPopAddProductOrRecipe]![txtCategory] but it doesn't recognize it. Hi Orlando The combo box needs to be requeried whenever your text box is changed. Use the After Update event of your text box like... Private Sub txtCategory_AfterUpdate() ...

edit web query
This was working a few days ago and now doesn't. When you try and Edit a Web query the web query box pops up with the correct web address, but you get a message ... "Navigation to the webpage was cancelled". The Web Query does work as it is on automatic refresh in the background and pulls back the correct data, I just can't edit it. I can run IE7 with the same address and it works fine. I also cannot add a new web query as I only ever get the default IE web page displayed. the address is http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=DGO.L&f=c1 Any ideas? I suspec...

Passing parameters to a Web Query
I'm not an Excel expert so bear with me. I want to create a Web Query but I want to pass parameters from the Worksheet itself... Something like this: http://webSite/somepage.asp?startDate=summary!a1&endDate=summary!b1 Essentially, my ASP page needs a start and end date to pass to an SQL stored procedure. Is this even possible and if not, do I have any other options? Took me a while, but I found how to do this. "Raymond D'Anjou" <rdanjou@kindervillexxx.com> wrote in message news:%23R$ohXceKHA.5136@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I'm not...

Access Queries 02-29-08
Is there any way to select the only the top 5 records in a query or table that is sorted by amount. Right click on properties in design view of the query and on top values select top 5. "LL" wrote: > Is there any way to select the only the top 5 records in a query or table > that is sorted by amount. ...

Alphabetizing Custom Views
I have created about 20 custom views for my work sheet, each view has a country name. I have then added the custom view commend to the toolbar; however, when I access it the country names are not alphabetized. It there a way for me to correct this? Thank you. ...

Import external data from Access query with Variable
Hello - I have been able to record a macro where I can change the "inventory.Area" from US006 to US007. I would like to be able to make the area a variable and pick up the area code from within a spreadsheet. For example, I am doing reporting for 10 areas and would like to have one template that pulls in the data from Access for one area, saves the file, goes to the next area, pulls in that data from Access and so on. But I cannot figure out how to make the area in the VBcode below a variable. Any help would be appreciated. Sub Macro3() With Selection.QueryT...

Query that excludes records-Fetch XML limitation?
I posted about this a few weeks ago, but I got sidetracked for a while. I haven't been able to figure this out yet, and I'm starting to think it may not be possible. I am looking for any and all creative suggestions. TIA. My Sales users need a way of finding leads that have not been contacted since x date. For example, they want a quick way to lookup all leads with no phone call activities between 11/1/2004 and today. I tried c360 SearchPac and no matter how I build a query, it returns all leads with phone calls that fall outside of the dates I have selected, regardless of whet...

Query Form
I have exported some data from the local MLS system into an Access database and want to run some statistics on the sales information, using a number of different queries which will feed graphs in Excel, etc... I have a form set up for choosing the data which include the city, the development, what kind of property it is (condo, single family residence, etc.) The problem I have is why no selection is made. For example, the query looks for a city selection from a drop-down box; if I choose a city, the query runs perfectly. If I do not choose a city - leaving it blank - the...

Queries not avaliable to be added to form? All Table fields are.
Access 2007 I am trying to create a basic form that will display some information from a table and from the results of some queries. I am able to add fields from my tables to the form without any problems, but I am unable to add any of the fields from my queries to the form. In Design Mode under "Add Existing Fields" my queries are not even avaliable as an optionto choose from. After trying to add them in by hand by going to the control source and then the expression builder the only result I get in the resulting box is the dredded "#NAME?" error. I am starting...

Button Wizard:RunQuery ignores delete queries?
If I put a button on a form, choose misc, run query, I get a list of queries that does not include any delete queries. Why is that? It is easy enough to get around, but why? Don't have an answer for you, other than to confirm that delete queries are not presented in the list of queries.... ACCESS has been this way for a number of versions, for some reason. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Phil Smith" <phil@nhs-inc.com> wrote in message news:OjpW0tg1HHA.1100@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > If I put a button on a form, choose misc, run query, I get a list...

Customer Statements print bold large font every 2 pages. Unreadabl
Any Ideas as to what could cause the Customer Statements to print very bold large font on every other page? it seems all the odd numbered pages print correctly. But all the even numbered pages print with a very large bold font that doesnt fit the page. I have a snapshot of what the pages look like. I can forward via email if you'd prefer to see a picture. All help is appreciated. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_05B3_01C77605.F0DA2250 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Andy, Do you hav...

how do I import custom Excel buttons?
I just got a new computer at work. I had several custom-made buttons assigned to macros on the old computer. I have successfully moved the macros over, but I can't find where the custom buttons are saved, or how to import them. Is it the same version of excel? If yes, then you may get lucky by just copying your *.xlb file to your new pc. I like to modify a toolbar to find the correct *.xlb (both on the old and new pc). Then use windows start button|search to get the correct location for both the "sending" and "receiving" pcs. Remember if you have macros assign...

Missing New button on Address entity customization
Greetings. I'm implementing MS CRM 3.0 at my organization and am currently going through to spruce up the default views in the app. When I go to Settings -> Customizations -> Customize Entities -> Addresses, there is no New button from which to make new views. Am I missing something? I've got that button on other entities such as Accounts and Contacts, so it puzzles me that it is not there for Addresses. Any direction would be appreciated. Thanks. Dale. Hi Dale, Yes, it's normal that CRM 3.0 don't let you create new view for the address because Customer Addres...