GPS Customization Query

Hi All,

Is there a way to avoid/remove "Quick Links" and "Help"
links from the Business Portal Site for the end users?

Any help on this would be very handy.

Regards,
Kuldeep

publishing customizations using deployment manager
When I publich customizations, it comes back saying publish completed with errors, servername: failed. I notice that when I publish the customizations, my web site stops. I have to manually start it and then I can go into CRM and my changes are there. This is what I get in app log: ProcessImportWorkItem Error : The root element is missing. , StackTrace : at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.ReadWithCollectTextToken() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserve...

Database query, spreadsheet size
I have a spreadsheet with several database queries from SQL Server. As queries are refreshed, spreadsheet size continues to grow. Even when I wipe out the queries, the file stays around 300K. Does anyone know where this extra data is sitting and how can I clear it out. Hi 300K is not that big but have a look at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused >-----Original Message----- >I have a spreadsheet with several database queries from >SQL Server. As queries are refreshed, spreadsheet size >continues to grow. Even when I wipe out the queries, the >file stay...

Problems with small numbers in Query and in XL pivot table
Hi, I have some CSV data that I want to use in a Pivot Table: I'm accessing the data from XL through MS Query using the MS text driver. I have a field named 'Ratio' with significant digits up to the ninth decimal place. Ratio 0.000118019 0.0000012 0.0000014 0.0000028 0.000001488 But, ... in Query and in Excel, everything is showing up as zero. How can I get the correct number to display and calculate in the Pivot Table ? TIA Leon Works by me. No data loss. HTH -- AP "Leon Noel" <LeonNoel@LeonNoel.kz> a �crit dans le message de news:443a2551$0$21291$8fcfb9...

Query SQL server db with cell value parameter
I want to supply criteria value using a cell on the spreadsheet to contain a date. Can't seem to figure out how to do this. On the Connections - Properties - Definition dialog, "Parameters" is grayed out. ...

how do i create a custom calendar in excel?
I wish to create a customised calendar in excel showing only school working days to assist in timelining activities on various checklists that have to be done in term time only. Any help? ...

Potential customer field in Quote
Hi, Is there a way to make the Potential customer field in Quote entity as NOT required? Thank you in advance for any suggestions, crsb The entire sales process from opportunity up to the invoice requires a customer. If you don't need the field, create a dummy account and set the customer id to this dummy account in OnLoad. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP CRM Blog on http://www.stunnware.com ---------------------------------------------------------- "crsb" <srinivasa.bharadwaj@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:76d7f1b1-c86f-470b-bbec-0329d9d29f...

Ldap Query
I want to make a query where i can see the members of an administrative group or Distribution list. Is there someone who has such a query? administrative group would be based on something similar to (legacyexhangedn="/o=Microsoft/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients") dl would be based on (memberOf="DN of Group") This works fine as long as the group isn't the users primary group -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this...

Customize link not working in Reports
Money 2002: Version 10.0 When I open a report (any report) and then choose the Customize... link on the left side, I do not get the Customize Dialog box that I used to see. Money is basically unusable until I hit the ESC (Escape) key. Any ideas? If you are using Money 2005, go into Tools/Reports and see whether you are using Essential or Advanced Reports. My guess is that you need to switch from Essential to Advanced. This is new in Money 2005. "LongTime User" wrote: > Money 2002: Version 10.0 > > When I open a report (any report) and then choose the Customize....

Customize Task Details Form
Not sure if this is possible. Can I customize the Task Details Form? I'd like to add some more input fields to it. My company has 23 (way too many) columns they'd like to have all schedules populate. I've added the necessary columns to the Gantt view but I dislike tabbing across and not being able to see all the data at once. I figured out how to create a customized entry form but I'd like to display it in the bottom pane of a split view and I can't figure that out. It would be even better if I could start with the default task entry form and modify it...

Address relationship with custom entity
Hi We have created a custom entity and we would like to create a similar relationship that accounts have with addresses. We would basically want to enter multiple addresses for the custom entity. I have noticed that this not possible simply by creating a new relationship. You actually cannot create a new relationship with the address entity. I was wondering if anyone has attempted this before. I guess we could create a new address entity which would enable us to enter multiple address for the custom entity. I would prefer not to do this though. Any suggestions? Thanks alot Mark ...

How to activate Notes & Activities on a Custom Entity...
Anyone know how to activate the Notes & Activities (associated entities) for a custom entity AFTER they've been created? After you create and save they can't be altered from the front-end so any advice on how to do this from the backend would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ...

Union Query
A union query I developed has suddenly stopped working. The syntax is: SELECT * FROM [myQuery - Part 1] UNION SELECT * FROM [myQuery - Part 2]; Pulling up each query individually works fine. When i run the above union query I receive "Invalid use of Null". The number and order of the columns in each query are identical. Access 2003 here. Any ideas what could be the problem? I suspect it is the VBA code that you are using around the query, not the query, that stopped working. To confirm, does your query is executable from the query editor? If it does not, you also confirm t...

Simple Format for Customer Statement
Hello All Is there available another format for printing customer statements? I'm mostly interested in a format that shows charges and payments without all the details and allocation to invoices. In other words I need a statement is the old fashion simple (Debit, Credit, Balance) format. Thank you Thanks Morris, I'll try it out. "Morris Paint" wrote: > This is our current statement. We are having another one written that shows > current period transactions in one area and all open invoices in another. > > "Mario" <Mario@discussions.microsoft...

AxtiveX ctrl subclassing custom control
Hi! There are plenty of examples where ActiveX ctrls are subclassed from Windows controls such as BUTTON, EDIT, etc. I've got custom control based on CRichEditCtrl, and I'd like to build ActiveX ctrl subclassed from it. I'm not quite sure how this should be done. In all examples I found the approach is like this - BOOL CActiveXWrapperCtrl::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs) { cs.lpszClass = _T("EDIT"); return COleControl::PreCreateWindow(cs); } well, my custom control does not have registered name, so what should i do? many thanks kdv09 ...

truncation of customer fields
I am moving data from a legasy system that allowed 60 to 100 characters for customer name and address fields. GP only allows 60 to 30 respectively. Is there a workaround for this? For example if I used integration manager could I some how put 30 char in address then the remaining in a user field? Would that work or is there a more elegant solution? Thank You for any info. Certianly using the scripting language in IM to split the fields and use one of the address fields is one solution. You could also use extender fields but it is difficult with IM. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Co...

Use Stored Procedure developed in C# in a SQL Query
I created a Stored Procedure by selecting a SQL Server Project in Visual Studio 2008 using C#. It receives a SqlString as a parameter and return how many times a specific character was found. I deployed the procedure to a SQL Server database and can see it listed under the database. One caveat is that it has a small lock icon on it. I have a select query where I want to use the stored procedure. I am thinking this is doable in a select query but can't seem to get it to work. What I want to do is to have a select statement listing some fields and one of the fields being th...

Insert Database doesn't "see" half my queries?
I am trying to insert a database” from Access 03 into Word 03 using the database toolbar in word. When I click “Insert Database” in word, and then browse for my query, the wizard doesn’t “see” any of the queries in which I changed a field name (ex. Dept: Department). Does anyone know a workaround for this? Right now, it’s only showing about half my queries which is a little odd. Is there a different way to insert my database? Thank you! If you check Word Tools->Options->General->"Confirm conversion at open" and go through the whole insertion process aga...

Custom auto-sorting...possible?
Is there a way to have excel auto-sort (cutom) by criteria in 3 columns? I think it might be easier to explain by viewing the workbook http://poolgod.zftp.com/predictions.xls. The picture shows how I need it to sort. I found some information on auto-sort in help and also on the net, but I don't know how to incorporate the multiple criteria or if it's even possible. Any ideas? Thanks, Steve -- Pools ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Pools's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35961 View this thread: ht...

Select subform's query criteria from form's unbound cbo
I want users to be able to select a name from a form's unbound combo box and that selection to automatically become the criteria for the subform's underlying query, without the parameter box for the query popping up. How do I do this? I'm new to VBA and not an Access 2003 whiz either. TIA for your help! WorkerBee wrote: > I want users to be able to select a name from a form's unbound combo > box and that selection to automatically become the criteria for the > subform's underlying query, without the parameter box for the query > popping up. How do I do t...

Newbie Help for Custom Number Formats
Hey All, I am working on a spreadsheet that I would like to have it append the inch symbol as part of the number format ("). I figured out that I can add custom suffixes with the use of the quotation marks, but I can't place a quotation mark inside of quotes and get what I need. Is there any way to have Excel do this for me? I know it seems like a small thing to do, but having Excel add this for me would save me a lot of time with formulas and all. Example: 24" Thanks in advance. JB -- joshb416 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ j...

Custom MS Excel Charts
What technologies do I need to be able to develop custom charts for MS Excel, are there any nice friendly APIs/libraries. Thanks Umair ...

Relationship error in a query
Hello Everybody, I have four tables in a databse. Each database has at least one column containing prices of goods & services. However, these columns are not related in anyway (some other colums are). I am trying to summerize these price information in one query where I am trying to list the sum of prices from every table. When I try to do so I am getting an error part of which says: "One or more of the tables isn't related to the others. Click OK to edit system relationships." At least according to the error message (and this would have been my question anyway),...

query criteria 12-29-07
I have a criteria test in the [DR].[Received Date] field of a query. The criteria is based on data which is entered into a form. >=(IIf(IsNull([Forms]![CSR dg]![txtEarliestReceivedDate]),[DR].[Received Date],[Forms]![CSR dg]![txtEarliestReceivedDate])) The true side of the IIF allows for all received dates if no data is entered into the form. I would like to instead not do a criteria test at all if there is no date entered into the form. I've tried things like "" or NULL in the criteria, but to no avail. The reason for wanting to do this, is that I have two tables linke...

Query table using criteria from an Excel document
Hello, I have a Access table of names and addresses. There is a postcode (zipcode) text field. I also have an excel spreadsheet with a single column of postcodes; no duplicates. I need to get query to return each name and address in the table which has a postcode listed in the spreadsheet. Typing each postcode manually into the query seems clumsy. Any ideas? Add a link to the Excel data. Create a new query joining the linked Excel data and your Access table on the postcode field. Those that match will result. -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/A...

Create Customer using web services
I would like to cal the GPWebservices using a formatted XML file. I was able to create a basic XML file to create a customer in GP. However I’m having trouble specifying the customer organization. The WSDL specifies the following format <ns1:Context> <!--Optional:--> <ns1:WorkOnBehalfOf>?</ns1:WorkOnBehalfOf> <!--Optional:--> <ns1:OrganizationKey/> <!--Optional:--> <ns1:CultureName>?</ns1:CultureName> <ns1:CurrencyType>?</ns1:CurrencyType...