In version GP 10 I have clients pointed to a test server. When production
server is ready what do i do to point the clients to the production server
e.g. GPServer.

Would I change the  odbc connection?
Or
Rerun the client installs?

Any help is appriciated.

Thank YOu
0
2020 (110)

As long as your production server has THE SAME level service pack as your
clients and THE SAME third party products all you need to do is repoint your
ODBC to the production server.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"2020" wrote:

> In version GP 10 I have clients pointed to a test server. When production
> server is ready what do i do to point the clients to the production server
> e.g. GPServer.
>
> Would I change the  odbc connection?
> Or
> Rerun the client installs?
>
> Any help is appriciated.
>
> Thank YOu
0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Hyperlink has changed on file re-opening
[Excel 2002, Win XP Pro] Hi All, i have cells in a sheet whose cell contents are hyperlinked to wor documents. the hyperlink is generated using VBA. part of the fil name includes the '[' and ']' characters (square brackets) when the macro is run, everything works fine (click in one of the cell and the appropriate word file opens) BUT when the workbook is closed an re-opened, the '[' & ']' is changed to '%5b' and '%5d' respectivel (which i guess is some srt of charatcer code for those symbols) if the hyperlink macro is re-run, it 're...

VBA Worksheet Event Change or Selection Question, please assist me
Two fantastic people were kind enough to provide me these two codes below, and now I'm trying to see if I can expand it to include other columns and data in a worksheet. Code 1: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim myC As Range If Intersect(Target, Range("P:P")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.EnableEvents =3D False For Each myC In Intersect(Target, Range("P:P")) Range("Q" & myC.Row).Value =3D Date - Target.Value Next myC Application.EnableEvents =3D True End Sub Code 2: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Tar...

Content in user's calendar different than other calendars
Good morning from Wisconsin, In our network, one user's calendar is not seeing the same events/ notes as everyone else. The updates that he puts in don't get pushed out to the shared calendars, and he can see some of the updates that other users put into the shared calendars but not all updates. It appears as if his calendars won't update beyond a date somewhere in the neighborhood of about three weeks ago. However, he can send/ receive email from the server just fine. The clients are all running Outlook 2003 and log into Active Directory on a Windows SBS 2003 box running Exch...

modify AD computer script to run from locally authenticated account on server
Hello, I have a script that I want to modify but am lost in applying the correct syntax to move a computer object in Active Directory. Based on what I have found in my searches I will need to bind directly to a DC with alternate credentials. I have tried multiple iterations but can't get it to work. Below is the original un-altered script that I am trying improve upon. ------begin paste----------- 'get computer name strComputer = "." Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root \cimv2") Set colItems = objWMI...

Server Timeouts
How can I extend server timeouts in Outlook 2003 and XP. It used to be in 2002 Tools/Accounts/Profiles/Advanced tab. I want to go beyond 1 minute for far away users. Lem ...

Paycheck name is always different
Hello all. Every 2 weeks my incoming paycheck is automatically debited to my account. The Payee is always listed differently, as each transaction has a ";ID=234" or some number at the end. Is there a way to make Money always recognize this as the same payee? I just started Money today (been at it for a few hours now :) and I believe that I need the payee to be the same in order for Money to flag them all the same. Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, Matt wrote: >Hello all. Every 2 weeks my incoming paycheck is automatically debited to my >account. The Payee is alw...

Page break in publisher to change from portraite to landscape
I am trying to change one page from portrate to landscape without effecting the rest of the pages, but each time i try it effects all the pages. I know in word you can select page break. Is there something similar in publisher as i am unable to find this? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/publisher/200707/1 Pub 2000 here and for me to do what you want I must leave the page in question as portrait and turn the text and images 90�. -- Don Vancouver, USA "chedd via OfficeKB.com" <u18187@uwe> wrote in message news:75f1cac2d1fca@...

Button or key to conditionally change text foreground color?
I would like to find some quick method (some sort of visible button or hotkey) for the user of a worksheet to change the text foreground color for certain cells in a block of cells (A1:I9) to some specific color if and only if the cell is blank. I.e. when the user hits this "red" key/button, every empty cell in A1:I9 gets a new foreground text color--red. Nothing would be immediately apparent, as these are empty cells, but as soon as the user starts entering values into these cells, the data would be shown in red... a "make all new data red" button/key. Is this possible?...

Changing a cell color....
Hi, Can someone help me how can I change a cell color using the"IF" command??? Thank you, Shaul On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 22:27:56 +0200, Shaul <bagaz@netvision.net.il> wrote= : > Hi, > Can someone help me how can I change a cell color using the"IF" = > command??? Under the Format menu, pick Conditional Formatting. -- = Dave dvt at psu dot edu ...

Can't Change Text direction in office 2007
Hi, i have installed office 2007 ( Pro Plus Edition) on a machine. i have faced a strange thing that i have never seen. the option of changing text direction from right to left or left to right does not exist. it come by default with ltr direction. What's the Problem ? Hi, You need to enable a right-to-left language, such as Hebrew or Arabic. To do this, perform the following steps: 1. Close Word. 2. Click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft Office, click Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office 2007 Language Settings. 3. In the "Available...

change default settiings for spacing
I am trying to change the default setting for "Don't add space between paragraphs of the same style" by checking this box. It doesn't seem to work however. Is there something I need to do to change this default? Thanks This setting can be made only in style definitions, not in individual paragraphs or selected text or as a default for all styles. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Lucid Moose" <Lucid Moose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55B13F51-D384...

My Exchange server will not make new mailboxes
I had one e-mail server on this domain it was giving us trouble so I installed a new server on the domain and made it an exchange server. I moved all the mailboxes that where in use to the new e-mail server. I wait two weeks and shut down the old server, but now when I create a new user in active directory and tell it to create a mailbox it looks as if it creates one. When I look in the properties of the user and go to the e-mail address tab it is blank. When I right click on the users name and go to exchange task it gives me the option to move the mailbox to the old server which is ...

Leave Mail On Server
Where is the checkbox in Outlook Express config to leave mail on the mail server? You need the e-mail account info as a MAPI account, not a traditional SMTP/POP3 account. Not necessarily available with all ISP's. >-----Original Message----- >Where is the checkbox in Outlook Express config to leave >mail on the mail server? >. > anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > You need the e-mail account info as a MAPI account, not a > traditional SMTP/POP3 account. Not possible in Outlook Express. Perhaps you meant IMAP? And it would depend what kind of mail accoun...

record sheet row order, then restore to that point
There is the ability to undo a sort so I suspect the information I want is somewhere. Is there a way to take a "snap shot" of a sheet's current row order, and then restore that row order at any point in the future? During sheet processing, rows will not be added, but data in any cell may change. The only other way I can think of doing this, is to record the order of some "signature" column and then use it to re-write the processed sheet to a scratch sheet. Thank you Add a new column before you do the 1st sort with number 1 to last row. then sor tby ...

Changing text based on criteria in an access report
Hello, I've got a textbox in a report, some records of which may contain text within { }. I need to find some way to format only that text (which may be in the middle of a string) so that it appears underlined and so that the brackets disappear. To illustrate, I posted a 5KB graphic here: http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3523/jexamplemb2.png Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas? Thanks in advance! Mitch Access 2007 can format the text for you, using standard HTML for the underlining. Use the Replace() function to swap the braces for the HTML tags. Earlier versions of Ac...

Default email server
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I am changing from cable broadband to ADSL2. Internet and email from my new address are working fine but I cannot get mail from my old address to forward through the new server. It appears that the old setting has a default to the old server that I cannot over ride. The sending mail setting in the old account has been changed to the new setting. Anything that I also need to do? Thanks in anticipation On 2010-03-03 00:54:42 -0500, Gary_Lawrence@officeformac.com said: > I cannot get mai...

Exchange 2003 Mail between servers stops after a few days
Hi all, I have an odd situation where mail destined for a different administrative group in the same domain stops after a few days; a restart of the server where mails are queing clears the problem. The destination admin group is attached via a connector (smtp), and it's this connector that goes into a retry state under fault conditions. A bridgehead at either end is used, although looking at message tracking suggests the bridge-heads are not being used. Local mail delivery is unaffected, only mail to the remote admin group is affected. There are firewalls involved: the sites are...

Query to delete characters to the right of a decimal point
I need to write a query to help me clean up some letter codes in my database. The codes could have any of the following formats... XY001.01 AP002 SDFJ003.01 JUOI005 I would like the query to return everything to the left of the decimal point, so the data returned would look like this... XY001 AP002 SDFJ003 JUOI005 Thanks in advance for your help. -- Leslie M But didn't you give an example that has NO period in it? One way to approach this would be to use an IIF() statement that checks for a ".", perhaps something like: NewField: IIF(InStr([YourCode],".")...

Changing Chart SourceData in VBA
Excel 97. Can anyone spot where I'm going wrong? I'm trying to change the source data in code so it only shows upto the last cell that has a value in it. My code at the mo is.. Dim intActiveCell As Integer Dim strCell As String Dim strrange As String Sheets("Financial Tracker").Select Range("C13").Select If ActiveCell <> "" Then Do Until ActiveCell.Value = "" ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Select Loop End If ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1).Select 'Selection.End(xlLeft).Select strCell = "R" & ActiveCell.Row & "C" &...

Restoring Public folders to another server
We have a server that has crashed and AD is all up the wop. It was our exchange server (Exchange 2000). We have a new server in place but we can't restore our public folders from backup (Veritas 9.1). Is there a way to restore public folders to a different server or do we have to rebuild the server with all the same names etc.....? In advance thankyou for the help. -- Network Consultant a full recovery server is your only option, unless you go with a 3rd party tool... "pete" <pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DCA3555-EA66-4BCC-AB7C-59896AB02...

how to change the Font size and color of a static text control in dialog
New to VC++6.0. I have several static text control in my dialog box as labels. I need to apply different font size and colors to them. How should I achieve that? Tony See the examples given at the following web sites. http://www.codeproject.com/staticctrl/ http://www.codeguru.com/staticctrl/index.shtml -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Tony Hu" <bytj@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OL99Bi9SDHA.2280@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > New to VC++6.0. I have several static text control in my dialog box as > labels. ...

Can I calculate a field with 2 different filter criteria in one q
Hi, I have a data source table with a customer name field and various metrics fields, I'd like to sum metric "a" based on customer name being like "abc" and another sum of metric "a" where the customer name is NOT LIKE "abc" in one query, but I can't seem to figure this out, but, I'm a novice at this. Best I can figure is 2 different queries, then a 3rd query to bring the two together. Thanks -- Jim jimd wrote: >Hi, I have a data source table with a customer name field and various metrics >fields, I'd like to sum metric &...

How do I COMPLETELY change a user name?
Hello, I'm trying to change a user name from JohnSmith to JohnJones. I thought I had changed it properly as it appears as user JohnJones but when they send email, etc...it is still from JohnSmith. What am I forgetting? Thank you in advance, Jack In ADUC. right click on the user object and select "Rename" . That should show up the field that did not get flipped.... "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37C7F16C-84C1-4B45-834F-33778CD6A8B4@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I'm trying to change a user name from JohnSmith ...

how to use outlook w/o exchange server?
Trying to use outlook and cannot send/receive email. error msg 0x8004010F. I work from home, have no employess, no need to share address book. Just trying to use it w/ a new PDA I have. The exchange server appears to be a fee based service - I don't know. I just want to use Outlook to schedule my appts, keep contacts and use email. SMScott <SMScott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Trying to use outlook and cannot send/receive email. error msg > 0x8004010F. I work from home, have no employess, no need to share > address book. Just trying to use it w/ a new PDA ...

Unable to run excel macro after changing file name
After changing the filename in an excel macro, receiving Error number 5 - Invalid procedure call or argument when users with excel 2000 run the macro. Users with excel 2003 are not having this issue Post the line of code that is causing the error. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "merf" <merf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F68DF323-214D-4F01-8D8E-654F9500242E@microsoft.com... > After changing the filename in an excel macro, receiving Error > number 5 - > Invalid procedure cal...