In version GP 10 I have clients pointed to a test server. When production
server is ready what do i do to point the clients to the production server
e.g. GPServer.

Would I change the  odbc connection?
Or
Rerun the client installs?

Any help is appriciated.

Thank YOu
0
2020 (110)

As long as your production server has THE SAME level service pack as your
clients and THE SAME third party products all you need to do is repoint your
ODBC to the production server.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"2020" wrote:

> In version GP 10 I have clients pointed to a test server. When production
> server is ready what do i do to point the clients to the production server
> e.g. GPServer.
>
> Would I change the  odbc connection?
> Or
> Rerun the client installs?
>
> Any help is appriciated.
>
> Thank YOu
0
MarianoGomez (3440)

changing the xsi:type

Cannot resolve recipients on some clients
Hi everyone, I need someone to point me to the right direction with this one. Over the last couple of weeks I have noticed that users cannot resolve the recipients name by doing Ctrl+K or check name using the username. If they navigate to the GAL the name is there. What stops the names from resolving? Many thanks, Koumin Koumin Balumin wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I need someone to point me to the right direction with this one. Over > the last couple of weeks I have noticed that users cannot resolve the > recipients name by doing Ctrl+K or check name using the username. If &...

cannot connect to CRM using web client
Hello... I have the following problem. I set up CRM 3.0 on a Virtual PC Server inside a windows 2003 server. Inside the VPC the crm server behaves correctly, I can open Internet explorer and connect normally. Now, when connecting from the host server or from another computer in another network, I cannot connect to CRM. Is not that I'm having network problems, because when IE tries to connect to CRM Website, it asks for a user and password. In a normal case the user will be crmdomain\user. the user is created in Active Directory and CRM within the VPC. Apparently the VPC IIS i...

change menu prompt dynamically
hi, I wanna change the menu prompt dynamically. how can I do that? regards. Monica.L. Hi Monica, What do mean by "menu prompt"? I'm pretty sure that a dozen of guys is ready to help ya, but you gotta be more specific ;-) Peter "monica" <mluchi@soft.fr.com> wrote in message news:1f2301c33ed5$751459d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > hi, > > I wanna change the menu prompt dynamically. > how can I do that? > > regards. > Monica.L. If you are doing it dynamically, you need to look at CFrameWnd::OnMenuSelect (ie handle WM_MENUSELECT) and WM_SETMESSA...

How do I change the color for cell selection in excel?
I just started using Excel 2007. In the older versions when I select a row, column, or specific group of cells, Excel would highlight the group in a certain color. In Excel 2007, it simply surrounds the selected group of cells with a thick black line. I've tried going into Excel Options under Advanced but couldn't find how to do this. Can you assist me in changing this feature? On Dec 31 2007, 6:52 pm, dminliberty <dminlibe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just started using Excel 2007. In the older versions when I select a row, > column, or specific grou...

Entry point not found #3
After running a repair on Windows XP I get the following errror message when opening Outlook; "The procedure entry point GerUMS could not be located in the DLL MSDART.DLL". This error message cycles 6 time during the opening of Outlook. I renamed MSDART.dll and ran an Office repair, but it didn't fix the problem. Any Help would be appreciated. Bill Hi Bill, I understand that you receive the error message "The procedure entry point - GerUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL" when opening Outlook. Based on the error message, this is...

change cell shading when a number differs from the previous number
I am generally familiar with Excel, but need some help on this particular problem. Is there a way to apply a format where: whenever the number in a column differs from the one previous to it, a cell shading color change is applied. For example, you have a column of numbers in Excel: 2 2 2 5 (cell shading color change applied) 5 5 5 2 (cell shading color change applied) 2 2 3 (cell shading color change applied) etc.... It doesn't matter what color is used, just so that it is applied whenever there is a change from the previous number. There has got to be an easy answer to this.... ...

Mail Merge with Attachements
Hello, I am currently trying to utilize the attached process to create a mail merge out of MS word with attachments. http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/MergeWithAttachments.htm I was able to finally get past the Outlook Object Library problem discussed here and the macro asks me for the table with e-mails and attachments, however, I do not receive an email warning message and after a few seconds the screens comes up with a text box that states: Microsfot Word 0 Messages have been sent. On the Directory (titled dir1) I have a table with three rows and two columns Column one:...

change field number automatically when printing
We have a form in Excel, it is only one page, but we need a number on the right top corner of the sheet that changes automatically evey time we print the form Is there any way to do this Thank you You could use a Workbook BeforePrint macro that do that, assume the number is in cell G1 Range("G1").Value = Range("G1").Value + 1 like this Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Range("G1").Value = Range("G1").Value + 1 End Sub -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "sponder" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

How can I stop format change when copying data into unlocked cells
How can I stop the format changing when I copy data into an unlocked cell in a format protected worksheet? I need to allow people to both enter data or copy data from another source into cells so I have unlocked these cells but also don't want the format of the cells to be changed. If you enter data directly the format does not change but if you copy and paste data it changes the format. I know you can use "copy paste special values" but would like to know if there is some system way of doing this. Copy/paste this into the sheet module. Right-click on sheet ...

Protect but allow changes
Hi All, I would like to protect a worksheet but allow others to change column width and format numbers. Is that possible and how do I do this? Thank you for your help. Regards It depends on what version of excel you have, when you protect the sheet check allow format cells and format columns if you have this option -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a2...

How can I change the default paper size of a blank publication?
Publisher 97/98 asked for a choice to be made re paper size and measurements at setup. This allowed for European A4 to be the paper for the basic blank publication as opposed to US Letter. Is it possible to make this selection with PUblisher 2003. If so how? Do you have these settings available through your printer? If so set it up first, Publisher will follow along. You can change the page measurements to centimeters in Options, found under tools. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Paramount" <Paramoun...

Installing Exchange Connector on Clustered Exchange server??
Is installing the connector on a clustered exchange server supported? The specific installation instructions for the connector will not work on a cluster because the SMTP service is a clustered service. Has anyone done this? Do we need to install another (non-clustered) Exchange box just for the connector? (Note: we really only need CRM outgoing mail. I don't believe we will be filtering all incoming or internal messages into CRM) Thanks! Not getting much response, so let me ask slightly differently... Has anyone ever TRIED installing the Exchange Connector on an Exchange Cluste...

I'm trying to change a clustered column to a stacked column
I click on clustered and the columns don't change to reflect the gradient What do you mean by "to reflect the gradient"? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "petty" <petty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58AC32B4-0445-4231-8914-6C17784782D8@microsoft.com... >I click on clustered and the columns don't change to reflect the gradient ...

MS CRM desktop client for Outlook available via internet connectio
Hi, We are currently using an online type setup of CRM desktop client on Outlook 2007. It works perfectly when the laptop is used inside the network. But the add-in does not work when the laptop is used outside the network (unless we connect to the network via VPN). Is there a way for this add-in to work offsite without using VPN as long as we have an internet connection? Thanks. Any idea will be very much appreciated. JoF Unfortunately HTTP/RDP does not work with the Outlook Client for MS DYNAMICS CRM The MS Dynamics CRM MOBILE client on the other hand does offer direct access to...

Too many different cell formats #2
I am working with a large spreadsheet (with many worksheets) that will not allow me to change/add any more cell formats and limits my additional data entry. The message pops up "Too many different cell formats". Per Microsoft's support page 213904, they instruct you to reduce the number of formats to standard formats, etc. I've tried to do that but any change backwards to standard formatting is evidently the same as new change. I'm stuck. There must be a trick to quickly change each worksheet back to a standard format. Any help would be appreciated. Excel 2003o...

average difference without a helper column
I have a considerable amount of data which is already in excel A is the date, B is the final meter reading and C is the number of hours the pump was operating date meter1 hours 01-Jan-10 0 0 02-Jan-10 222 4 03-Jan-10 1419 2 04-Jan-10 2009 3 05-Jan-10 3081 5 06-Jan-10 4360 10 I want to calculate the average flow per day i.e. b2-b1 through to b365 similarly the average pump time i.e. c2-c1 Of course there is a way to do this with helper columns (I think that is the correct term) but I have over 300 excel sheets and hope that there is an easier way On Jan 24, 2:47=A0am, david_g <da...@gts.c...

Check queue on mail relay server?
Hi! I have a separate server to relay my e-mails to the outside world. The problem is that I can't see the queue on that server like you can if you have Exchange installed on it. Enviroment: Mailserver: Win2k Server with Exchange 2000 Relay: Win2k server with SMTP relay Reg J�rgen Persson Look for the Queue folder that is under the webroot I believe. there is no graphic user interface that you can view this with. You must view the folder where it is stored. this will show the e-mail in queue. if look around you can also find a bad mail folder that you might want to look at ...

Exchange Server does not forward all mails, just sends HELO and QUIT
Hi, We have set up one account on our server (info at davos.ch) to forward all mails to davos at frogstyle.ch. Most of the times, this works as expected, but sometimes, it doesn't. The log files of Exchange Server show that the server only connects, sends an EHLO (which is blocked), then HELO, and then QUITs. When delivery succeeds, the EHLO and HELO are the same, but then followed by the MAIL, RCPT and DATA commands. I included the few lines of a failed delivery below. The setup of the two mailservers are: (Exchange Server - SonicWall) - Internet - (PIX 501 - Merak Mail Server) The Me...

How do I change the color of the Picture fill Speckles ?
I am making memorial folders and I like the picture fill (Speckles) background option. Can I change the color of the speckles and how? I have tried but I cannot figure this out. Thanks for any help, Laurie On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 17:30:10 +0000, lmp wrote (in article <185807CB-47F2-4C3E-B51D-E972501D49C5@microsoft.com>): > I am making memorial folders and I like the picture fill (Speckles) > background option. Can I change the color of the speckles and how? I have > tried but I cannot figure this out. Thanks for any help, Laurie You have answered your own question. It is a gif...

icon change in the task bar
I run Windows 7 and I have the Outlook program pinned to the task bar at the bottom of the screen. Up to a few days ago the icon for Outlook in the task bar was a yellow envelope. It has now mysteriously changed to what appears to be a generic program icon. How can I make it revert to its original icon. Thank you. You probably had a corruption in your icon cache from Windows. Unpin it and then pin it again from the Outlook shortcut that you can find in the Start Menu. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com...

Continual Cannot Connect to Server errors
Outlook 2000 works fine for anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours, then suddenly stops connecting to the server. Closing and reopening Outlook solves the problem. I've done KB820672 and the problem isn't with the server - this actually happens with two different servers/mail accounts. Both accounts work perfectly in OE6.0 (which I also use and have open at the same time, although I don't have the same account on both). I have all the critical updates for Office, WinME, IE, etc. Thanks, ...

change source data in multiple charts
Hi I have over 30 charts where I need to change the source data and it's taking ages doing it manually, especially as each chart has 3 or 4 series. Is there an easy way of doing this, please? I've tried find and replace, but that doesn;t work Thanks We need a little more detail. 1. Are you modifying all the charts to use the same new range or does each chart use a different new range? Is the data compact, that is, if you choose the chart wizard and look at the Data Range tab does the Data Range box contain a simple reference like =Sheet1!$B$2:$E$7? Thanks, Shane "Tuxla&...

Pivot Table Error-"Microsoft cannont make changes because there are too many..."
I've encountered the following error when using the pivot table. Microsoft Excel cannot make this change because there are too many row or column items. Drag at least one row or column field off the Pivot Table, or to the page position. Alternatively, right click a field, and then click Hide or Hide Levels on the shortcut menu. In the layout tab of the pivot wizard I tried to select 9 rows, 2 columns, and 3 data. The first excel document that I pivoted had approximately 8800 lines (records) and the pivot table worked. I then tried to do the same layout criteria for another e...

Unable to change password on the next logon to OWA 2003
If I have created a user and place a check mark to change the password on the next logon, then it is not able to logon. If I don't check this option, everything works fine, including the option to change the password. The system is Windows 2003 SP1 + Exchange 2003 SP2 and all hotfixes associated. I have followed the KB 833734, but it did not work as expected. The user try logging on and a page 403 "You are not authorized to view this page" appears. Any Ideas? ...