GP Upgrade

I have just upgraded my GP from SP2 version 10.0.1237 to a version 10.0.1579
the upgrade went fine with no problems so i was a really happy, but all that
happines went away after a few users came up accross couple errors:
1) Smart List Error: An error occurred during the export process all export
tasks were not completed
2)Trying launch I9: a get/change operation on table 'HR_i9' cannot find the
table dynamics. and there is a SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
Driver][SQL Server] Invalid object name '.HRORI012'.

Thanks for your Help

-1

security error during upgrade from Dynamics 9 to 10
Hi, I started the upgrade from Dynamics 9 to 10 and get the following error: "the application at the location you specified is a different version than the database that you are attempting to convert. You must specify the location to the version 9.0.310 application I get this error when it trying to transfer the security How could we resolve this? Thanks Hi biren, When you say "> I get this error when it trying to transfer the security ", what do you mean ? How do you transfer the security ? by using Microsoft's security conversion tool ? T...

SOP Blank Picking Ticket Order Entered in GP 8.0
After converted from GP7.5 to GP 8.0, I found that the system using a new picking list form called "SOP Blank Picking Ticket Order Entered" which is totally different than the one "SOP Blank Picking Ticket" I used at version 7.5. During printing, I have "Bin not found" message printed at the following line of each inventory item. How can I get rid of this annoying additional line. We do not assign the bin to each item. I tried to remove the "SOP Blank Picking Ticket Order Entered" from Modified report list and import the form I used at 7.5 but ...

quickly give GP users access to mod screens / reports
Hi there, Is there a method to quickly give users that have access to specific screens / reports, only access to the mod versions of all those resources? An article in Knowledge Base describes this - see Q20 https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYKKQRRUZVRPSSXNSNWTQZRSXSPOKVWULOKZNVQSQLKPXQXQTZ However the solution described here is very cumbersome, and requires that you first investigate which specfic users have access to which specific resources. For instance, one client has 100+ users at 10+ companies, with 200+ mod's. To give all users access to mo...

Exchange 2003 System Manager upgrade to SP2
It's easy to install the System Manager on a file server that does not contain Exchange but how do you update that copy of the System Manager to SP2? When I try, SP2 complains that Exchange is not installed on the server. -- Jim "=?Utf-8?B?Sktyb2VzY2g=?=" <JKroesch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:1DAD5E6C-52DF-45E5-879C-7C541DA86C2A@microsoft.com: > It's easy to install the System Manager on a file server that does not > contain Exchange but how do you update that copy of the System Manager > to SP2? When I try, SP2 complains that Exchange is not...

Active GP not Working
I have setup a new GP call New Group Policy Object to prompt users with a message at logon. Computersettings I tried it on an OU with a computer account added and it works but when i applied it to the entire domian, it does not work. It also active and it is linked. I also ran the GPUPDATE. In addition to the New Group Policy Object, I also have the 2 default GP. They seems to be working. They are also linked to the entire domain In this forum, GP means Great Plains and not Group Policy. You need to post in another forum. Sorry, I dont know which one. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Con...

GP Inventory Reconcile and Manufacturing
Does anyone know how the GP Inventory Reconicle process {Tools>Util>Invnentory>Reconile} works if the customer is using manufacturing as well. Do MFG tables get affected by this process? Reconcile (Inventory) updates quantities in the IV00102 table mostly. This includes quantity allocated, on order, et cetera. Mfg is examined but to my knowledge not updated. Some of the shadow tables are updated based on triggers and those would be maintained in sync with IV00102. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips an...

To upgrade or not upgrade, that is the question
My current server is SBS 2003 Premium and my practice managment software uses a SQL 2000 DB. I also run Exchange. I do not have the SBS2003 R2 upgrade. My practice management software no longer supports SQL 2000. Their minimum requirement is SQL 2005. My current server is a 4 year old Dell PE 2800 with a 3 GHz Xeon single processor (room for another) and 2GB ram. I'm not sure if it is 64bit capable but I think it is. I have 9 workstations which are accessing the database pretty much continuously. I wouldn't say that my practice managment program seems slow, although t...

GP 10.0: Is there a way to have two salespeople on one customer ac
For some of our customer accounts, we have a broker and a salesperson that both get commissions on the same account. Is there a way of setting this up so it calculates the commission automatically when a sale is made on that customer account? Or do you have to split the commission manually on each sales invoice you enter? Brent, The latter. However, if you are willing to work outside of GP, you could perhaps look into other integrating commission solutions like Ethotech's http://www.ethotech.com/ Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http:...

Scanning invoice in GP 9.0
Hello, Do you know if GP 9.0 has the ability to scan invoices into AP module. For example, you look up a vendor transaction and also be able to view actual invoice in GP. Please advise if you know a tool that will allow us to have that ability (i.e. software). Thank you Cuong Hi Cuong, We have added a non editible scrolling window on the 'Payable Manual Payment Entry' Window. Once user select the vendor id then all unpaid and partally paid transaction displayed. If user reteive the transaction then applied invoices displayed. Please let me know your email id then I...

NT to 2003 Upgrade
Hello everyone. I was hoping for some advice from some of the more knowledgable people out here. I have a situation where the company is running NT on the servers with Exchange 5.5. I have never had direct experience with Exchange (other then basic admin stuff) so forgive me if this is a stupid question. If I were to upgrade the servers to 2003 would there need to be any changes on the Exchange side? I am looking for some documentation that could help me with this project but can't find a definitive answer. I know they want to upgrade Exchange too but I don't think there i...

Exchange 2003 SP2 upgrade and "Send As"-permissions
I have upgraded a couple of Exchange 2003 SP1 servers to SP2 in my test-environment to prepare for upgrading production.. Apparently the "Send As"-permissions on all non-personal mailboxes have disappeared during the upgrade. (The "Send As"-permission is checked to enable users to reply to mail on behalf of the non-personal mailbox.) "Send As"-permissions on mailboxes hosted on the remaining Exchange 2003 SP1 servers are intact, so the upgrade DOES change "Send As"-permissions. Anybody else experienced this side-effect of SP2 ? Best regards Peter Juuls...

GP Freezes On Start Up
Hi All, I have a major problem that I am unable to fix. When I start GP, the blue splash screen comes up and just stays there frozen. I have to go to task manager and end process on Dynamics.exe. I checked ODBC and tested my connection and that works fine. Problem started this morning when one user tried to start their GP and it happened. Other users who were logged in already did not experience any problems. Then another user tried to run a Trial Balance Aging Report and his GP froze. I told everyone to exit out of their GPs so I could restart the server. I did and then everybody fac...

Upgrade path from Business Portal 2.0 to Business Portal 3.0
I am planning to upgrade next year form Great Plains 7.5 to Great Plains 9.0. I currently have Business Portal 2.0 installed. I need to be able to upgrade both Great Plains and Business Portal at the same time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http:/...

SP3 Upgrade
I recently downloaded SP 3 in the form of something called a "ISO Disk." Seemed like a good way to preserve the updates it in case of a crash, but my free Frog will not unzip the folder. I don't know any thing about ISO disks but hate to buy WinRar just for this file. If any one knows of free ware that will work with ISO disks, please let me know -- Linusverl Linus wrote: > I recently downloaded SP 3 in the form of something called an "ISO Disk." > Seemed like a good way to preserve the updates in case of a crash, but my > free Frog will n...

close gp automatically after running a macro
Hi, Can anyone suggest the best way to close gp after running a macro. We are using macros to open GP to run an integration and need to close it afterwards. We are currently getting dexterity error messages. Thanks -- Jaime You can exit Dynamics during recording your macro so it will automatically exit during playback. Then add the following line as the second line of your macro. Logging file 'macro.log' This will prevent message from appearing within the macro and will log them to this file. -- Lorren Consulting Technology Lead WennSoft Inc. The views or opinions expres...

Any Reason to Upgrade? #2
Hi all, I've just started using Microsoft Money to manage my finances, and I'm using Money 2001 (which came on my computer). Is there any real reason to update to the 2004 version? Are there any useful features that I should really be using? Thanks! On 1 Mar 2004 07:49:29 -0800, jeremyzorn@comcast.net (ezorn33) wrote: >I've just started using Microsoft Money to manage my finances, and I'm >using Money 2001 (which came on my computer). Is there any real >reason to update to the 2004 version? Are there any useful features >that I should really be using? I have...

Upgrade from BP 2.5 Service Pack to BP 4
In preparing for a GP10/BP4 upgraded, I've created a test environment with GP 8.0SP5 and BP2.5 with feature pack on MSDE. My understanding is that the upgrade path is as follows: Upgrade GP 8.0SP5 to GP 10.0 Upgrade WSS 2.0 to WSS 3.0 Install MOSS 2007 Run the migration utility and then install BP 4 The GP upgrade runs smoothly. Can someone who's been down this road before please help me with what to expect during the Business Portal upgrade? I'm assuming that as I upgrade WSS to each higher level, the original BP site will not be working as BP 2.5 doesn't support WSS...

re: upgrade to money 2006
i was running money 2003 just upgraded to money 2006 basic it was not a smooth upgrade now when i open money 2006 i get money 2001 trying to install and the program asks for the 2001 cd for money to continue installing the program i don't have the money 2001 cd nor do i want to install it any ideas thanks david ...

GP Web Services for GP9
We are installing GP Web Services for GP9 and have encountered a problem during the installation. We use a named sql instance servername\alias, 1604 where 1604 is the port number we use. When I entered the SQL server name during the setup, I entered is as servername\alias, 1604 (space between alias and the port number). The installation went through, but the SQL objects were not created, namely the WSInstallStatus, WSInstallStesp, etc tables in the Dynamics database. Everything else was created (web sites in IIS). In checking ADAM, the folder that shows the database company ids did...

UPS shipping integration into GP Dynamics 9
Has anyone had first hand experience with software to integrate UPS shipping with GP 9? Depending on the level of integration you need, you could either look at Ship Gear or, for more complex shipping requirements (complete fulfillment, multi box shipping, etc) try V-Ship. I have used both at client sites and they work well Richard L. Whaley btw.....there is some good information that might be helpful to you in some books on Dynamics GP/Great Plains available at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "extremesanity" wrote: > Has anyone had first hand experience with softwa...

Re: Upgrading CRM 1.2 Beta 100 users License to Normal License
Thank you John, We are MSDN Universal Subscriber in Turkey, and here Microsoft Launches 1.2 verision of CRM. May be we have some CRM customers. So I will develop customized version of CRM 1.2 in Turkey, may be in Turkish. ...

GP 8, SP2003, SQL Server 2000, Exchange Server
After a few tweaks I have Sharepoint, SQL server and Exchange server all on the same box. The client would now like to install Great Plains 8 on the same box. 1. Can this be done and how would one go around doing it? 2. Is there an installation manual, administration guide on the MS site that I may look at for information prior to installation? If so where? Great Plains is simply client software. Installing it on the same machine should have no impact, unless you are planning on actually using GP on that machine. It sounds more like the client wants to store the data on that machine...

Outlook Connector Upgrade Issues
When opening Outlook 2007, the Microsoft Office Outlook Connector upgrade window will appear with the following two options: Upgrade Now and Remind me Later. If I choose Upgrade Now, It connects to the server to down the file OLC.msi. The file will completely download and the install window appears and then disappears. The next window to pop up is the following: Microsoft Office Outlook will no be restarted to complete installing the latest version of Outlook Connector. I click on the OK button, but nothing happens, Outlook does not close and I'm able to continue to work within O...

Upgrade Outlook Express to Outlook? #2
Is it possible to upgrade from Outlook Express to Outlook? Will mail and folders translate directly or will they be lost? Thanks, No, you can't upgrade as Outlook Express and Outlook are completely different programs; they run side by side. When you decide to use Outlook install it, configure it and the export your messages from within OE to Outlook and set Outlook sa your default e-mail program (Control Panel-> Internet Options-> tab Programs). Then you can remove the mail accounts from Oe (Tools-> Accounts) so you can continue to use it for newsgroup access. -- Rob...

exchange 2000 enterprise upgrade
Can Exchange 2000 enterprise ed be upgraded to Exchange 2003 standard? upgrade links and docs would be helpful On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 13:22:26 -0500, "Pete" <kwonp@legacytexas.com> wrote: >Can Exchange 2000 enterprise ed be upgraded to Exchange 2003 standard? > >upgrade links and docs would be helpful > No You can't downgrade a database (which is what a move from Ent to Std would be) The short answer is no. One reason is because of limits to the sizes of the allowed and the number of Storage Groups allowed. If you have more than one Storage group you simpl...