GP install dexterity sql server 2005

I Just installed sqlserver 2005 then great plains, without any errors.  When
i start great plains dexterity dialog box pops up i  answer yes and then it
locks up.  I cant even ctr-alt-del, have to manually shut down.  Any
suggestions?

thanks

0
BigMomma (2)

How long did you give it?  The first time you log into Great Plains after a
new install or upgrade, it can take a bit of time to do what it needs to do.

--
www.fmtconsultants.com

"Big Momma" wrote:

> I Just installed sqlserver 2005 then great plains, without any errors.  When
> i start great plains dexterity dialog box pops up i  answer yes and then it
> locks up.  I cant even ctr-alt-del, have to manually shut down.  Any
> suggestions?
>

> thanks

0
Richard853 (481)
4/5/2006 4:03:02 PM
I guess i gave it about a half hour.  It is however on my laptop with sql
server and about 500 megs of ram.  I am going to try again, make sure i got
plenty of disk space.  I think i will also install sp1 for sqlserver 2005.

thanks,

"Richard" wrote:

> How long did you give it?  The first time you log into Great Plains after a
> new install or upgrade, it can take a bit of time to do what it needs to do.
>
> --
> www.fmtconsultants.com
>

> "Big Momma" wrote:
>
> > I Just installed sqlserver 2005 then great plains, without any errors.  When
> > i start great plains dexterity dialog box pops up i  answer yes and then it
> > locks up.  I cant even ctr-alt-del, have to manually shut down.  Any
> > suggestions?
> >

> > thanks

0
BigMomma (2)
4/5/2006 6:31:03 PM
Momma-
Which version of GP are you using?  On a test box with GP9 I saw this
behavior as a result of McAfee script stopper (which I had to disable to
allow GP to work).

Brenner
(www.KlenzmanConsulting.com)

"Big Momma" wrote:

> I Just installed sqlserver 2005 then great plains, without any errors.  When
> i start great plains dexterity dialog box pops up i  answer yes and then it
> locks up.  I cant even ctr-alt-del, have to manually shut down.  Any
> suggestions?
>

> thanks

0
bklenzman (99)

Re Install Exchange 2003
Hi, I think I have problem 2 in the following MS KB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;296095 I deleted the following files on my exchange 2003 server to solve another problem. C:\WINDOWS\system32 \wbem\Repository. I then restarted the server and the repository was recreated. However I know get the following error every 5 minutes in the application log Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: Monitoring Event ID: 9098 Description: The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to read its configuration from the DS, error '0x80041010' Going b...

'server busy' timeout settings
Hi, I'm calling a fucntion in VB from MFC (using COM). Sometimes, the function takes a while, and I'm getting the 'server busy' message. How can I set the timeout so I won't get this message? Does anyone know? Regards, Ram. "Ram Baruch" <ram_ba_ruch@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message news:<#zdxmoeWEHA.500@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>... > Hi, > I'm calling a fucntion in VB from MFC (using COM). Sometimes, the function > takes a while, and I'm getting the 'server busy' message. How can I set the > timeout so I won't get thi...

Fax server problem
Good morning: I have a fax server in a windows server 2008. In fax client console-> "Inbox", I see all the faxes recived. But in "Send Items" I only see my send fax, but don´t see the faxes sent by other users. I want all users can to see all the faxes sent... Is it possible?? Thanks. ...

Outlook 2003 on Windows Server 2003 terminal and Exchange 2000
Hi, I have a weird problem. Setup DC1 running W2K Server DC2 running W2K Server and Exchange Server 2000 DC3 running W2K3 Server and TERMINAL SERVER and OFFICE 2003 Now the problem i when i connect to the W2K3 Server with Terminal and open Outlook 2003 i can read/reply mails without any problems. But when i try to make a new mail i cannot click the TO/CC/BCC button --> this gives me an error message that the server doesnt support it ???!!!??? It gets weirder : when i type in the TO/CC/BCC address space the alias of my contact it translates it perfectly to the correct email address. S...

several companies (clients) on one physical Ex 2003 server
Hi I get the job to set up an IT-environment, where we can host several companies (20 - 100 users per client) who want to outsource their IT infrastructure. It should be a terminal server environment on windows 2003 with exchange 2003. The clue is to use as few as possible physical servers. Now the question is: I want to host several of these clients on one Exchange 2003 enterprise server. How can I make it possible that they can't see none ressources among themselves (no free/busy-times, calendars, adress books etc.)? they have also different smtp-domains for email adresses. Has som...

Unable to display / delete spam mail with Outlook 2003 / Exchange Server 2003
Hi, today I received a strange spam mail. This mail cannot been viewed. In the reading pane of Outllok 2003, I get the following message: This item cannot be displayed in the reading pane. Open the item to read its contents. As this mail is spam (and also I think it's a virus), I did not open it to read it, but just wanted to delete it, wich I can't. I get the message: Unknown error. I also cannot move it to a different location and I have the problem only with this mail, explicitely. Any other mail behaves normally. Can anyone help me? Many thanks. Daniel. select the message ...

Multiple sites breaks MRP in GP 8.0
I had one site in inventory with multiple bins assigned to it such as: site1 / suite 2...site1 / suite 2...site1 / suite 3 I changed it such that I now have many suite with 1 bin associated with each site. My Sites / Bins are now: Suite 1 / Suite 1 Suite 2 / Suite 2 Suite 3 / SUite 3 After I did this, my MRP no longer reports all the demand for parts list. I can't find a pattern as to why some items show up and some do not. Any idea what I broke when I added the multiple sites? Is it possible that I can't have a have the same code for a site and a bin? Thanks. ERPSS ...

Outlook cannot connect to Exchange Server
I'm having an issue with two PCs (both with Outlook 2003 and with both Windows XP SP2 RC1). This issue has been going on before XP SP2 RC1 and Outlook 2003 but I hoped by upgrading to newer versions it would resolve my issue but obviously no luck. The issue I am having is that I cannot access my Exchange server from the local intranet through Outlook. I can ping the server, I can get on via OWA but I cannot get on through Outlook itself. When I set up the profile and go to validate / "CHECK NAME" I see no activity lights over the LAN and it comes back 45 seconds lat...

Dexterity and Sanscript
Hi, Please could you tell me if this is the correct forum to ask questions about Sanscript in GP. If not, please could you direct me to the correct newsgroup. Thanks, Craig Craig - if you have a specific question, I'd be happy to help. Regards, Brenner "Craig Christie" wrote: > Hi, > > Please could you tell me if this is the correct forum to ask questions about > Sanscript in GP. > > If not, please could you direct me to the correct newsgroup. > > Thanks, > > Craig > > > Do you have access to PartnerSource? There is...

SQL Scipt to add toolbar shortcut
I would like to create a script that will atomaticly set a shortcut on the toolbar in Dynamics 10 to put the exit button on the toolbar.... can anyone tell me the tables or fields? You mean to exit the application? That's what the X on the upper right corner is for. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "GPNut" wrote: > I would like to create a script that will atomaticly set a shortcut on > the toolbar in Dynamics 10 to put...

Exchange Server 2007
Hi I'm trying to write a service which should read all journal files (mails) which are archived in Exchange Server 2007. Could you please tell me some good mechanisms? May be in C# or C++. Thanks Siva On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 08:47:49 -0800 (PST), Siva <sivaprakashshanmugam@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi > >I'm trying to write a service which should read all journal files >(mails) which are archived in Exchange Server 2007. Could you please >tell me some good mechanisms? May be in C# or C++. > >Thanks >Siva Hi - you'll probably find more s...

Moving mailboxes to new server smtp issue.
I am in the process of preparing to move my users to a new Exchange 2003 server from an existing Exchange 2003 server. I have installed the new server and Exchange. Everything looks OK. I have moved a test account from the old server to the new server and it went without error. I noticed after the move a message stuck in the queue of the original Exchange server that was addressed to the new server. Now there are a couple of more messages in the queue. They are from SERVERNAME-IS@our-domain-name.com. The subjects are backfill request, status, hierarchy. I sent a message from...

System Manager Install failure
I am trying to install System Manager on another W2K3 DC and have AdminPak, IIS, with SMTP, NNTP running. I get the following error message when trying to launch EX2K3 setup. Windows Setup "Please go to the Control Panel to install and configure system components" I have uninstalled and reinstalled IIS with same problem. Any ideas? Thanks for your help Got it. Ran setup.exe /all from command prompt and was able to install with no problem. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to install System Manager on another W2K3 DC >and have AdminPak, IIS, with SMTP, NNTP r...

Problems installing PowerShell on Windows Server 2008 R2.
Hello! I am trying to install Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Developer on Windows Server 2008 R2, and am having some trouble with the PowerShell aspect. I had never heard of PowerShell before today, and it's been quite an education. ;-) SQL Server 2008 installed somewhat successfully, but I got errors during the PowerShell installation. I didn't think much of it because the installation looked successful otherwise, but when I try to install the SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1, it fails, citing the invalid PowerShell installation (SQL_PowerShell_Engine_CNS and SQL_Power...

not able to connect to server
whenever I start outlook for the first time I get a message saying that the server is unavailable but when I select retry it comes up any suggestions ...

New GP Install
I have just installed my GP. It is version 9.00.0114. I went to the Microsoft update page but it does not really help me in deciding what updates/fixes I should apply. Is there a SP build that incorporates all prior fixes etc that I can just download and install or do I have to locate and install each individual fix, service pack etc. Appreciate your help and advice thanks frank -- Vancouver, Canada Frank, There is only 1 SP for GP 9. You only have to download & install SP1. After this the version should say 9.00.0259. Hope it helps Girish "Frank" wrote: > I have ...

Unable to install IE8 on Windows XP
When I try to install IE8 it tells me my computer needs an update before installing. When I try to install the suggested update (KB932823) it tells me the service pack is newer than the update and I don't need it. I am on version 5.1 (build 2600.xpsp.071130-1427:Service Pack 3, v.3264). How do I get out of this catch-22? cf. your thread from 30 October: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general/browse_frm/thread/899139a333c52f85 I still think that's a fishy-looking winver. Yes, it is: That's WinXP SP3 RC1. 1. Uninstall WinXP SP...

install OL 2002 in win98 ver 1 problems
I am trying to install OL2002 over OLexpress in win 98 ver 1 to use w/ an Ipaq 1945 PocketPC. After install I can not find OL2002 any where. Install says all went well , but OL express is still there and OL 2002 is not (no icon, directorys, folders etc) Nothing! Any help here is appreaciated. Does it show up in Add/Remove programs? Can you find the installation directory? Did you try to reinstall it? J wrote: > I am trying to install OL2002 over OLexpress in win 98 > ver 1 to use w/ an Ipaq 1945 PocketPC. After install I > can not find OL2002 any where. Install says all ...

Fail to install .Net 1.1 SP1
Dear All, My laptop is a Toshiba Tecra w/ Pentium M at GHz with 1GB RAM Hard drive 60GB - Free 30GB I have Windows XP Professional SP2 Antivirus/antispyware, etc: Norton 360 Suite I run automatic update daily. Today I got the following update: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1. I have run it 20 times at least. The session initializes normally but it always fails to complete. I only get this mssg: "Some updates could not be installed" + "The following updates were not installed: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1." The yellow shield in my tray k...

Exchange front end and back end servers
I am about ready to install Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 as a front end > server. I am running Exchange 2000 as a Back end server. I would like to know what installation path should I take. First Exchange 2003 server on network? Or additional servers? Another question is do I have to run the Forest prep and domain prep as well? I will eventually be upgrading the back end Exchange 2000 server but not for a few months down the road. I can not find any bit of info in any of Microsofts pages in regards to this. Please help. Thank you --- Chuck Try MSEXCHANGE.ORG. They have an excellent...

It can't run on a windows2003 server after made it on a VC++.net PC
I did a project on a VC++.net PC. But it can't run on a windows2003 server. I checked it using dependency walker.There is no prblems showing.Look the log below. Thanks for any help. ---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------- Starting profile on 7/7/2003 at 3:11:51 PM Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT/2000/XP based Server (32-bit), version 5.02.3718 Program Executable: c:\inetpub\ftproot\VCTERM.EXE Program Arguments: Starting Directory: C:\Inetpub\ftproot\ Search Path: C:\Program Files\Support Tools\;C:\Perl\bin\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WIND...

Move mailboxes between servers in different administrative groups
According to this article below on Microsoft website, it states that it is not possible to move mailboxes between servers in different administrative groups when running Exchnage 5.5 and 2003 servers in mixed mode. I was under the impression that this is no longer true and if you are running service pack 2 for Exchange 2003 it is possible to move between administrative groups. Can someone please confirm? Thanks Rustom Feature Available in mixed Exchange 5.5, Exchange 2000, and Exchange 2003 organization? Available in Exchange 2003 or Exchange 2000 native mode? Available in pu...

Hotmail Account as a second Exchange Server 2003 account
Is it possible to add a Hotmail account as a secondary mail account for sending and receiving mail in Exchange 2003? On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:44:23 GMT, Unclejoe@comcast.net wrote: >Is it possible to add a Hotmail account as a secondary mail account for >sending and receiving mail in Exchange 2003? You can create an account and mailbox whose primary smtp address is a hotmail.com address but what is it you actually want to achive? i want my Exchange server to send and receive to a hotmail account. ...

Rollup 2 installed, Help/About still says 3.0.5300.0
We have installed the Rollup 2 update on two separate computers. Each time the install seems to complete successfully. Unfortunately the Help/About version number does not change. One of the laptops being installed (or not?) still receives the saInsert error message when doing an Offline sync, which was supposed to fix the problem. Am I to conclude the Rollup install failed? What are my other options to apply the rollup? Thanks, -- Steve Luc Senior Consultant InfoGrow Corp (330)929-1353 x222 You can check if the update is actually installed on the add/remove programs page. If ...

Import Database Schema from BDE into SQL Server
Hi, I know this might not be a good place for this post, so forgive me. I have an old application storing it's data on BDE. I want to see it's database schema and if possible import it to SQL Server 2005 or 2008. Some other things: I know nothing about BDE. I have not written the application. It is an old application which is no longer supported by the creator, and I am trying to make a new application and I need to know the database structure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...