GP 9.0 Tax Schedule not defaulting to a vendor

 I have set up my vendor to have a tax schedule.  I have defaulted the tax
schedule I want in my vendor maintenance window.  When I edit a transaction
for that particular vendor, my default tax schedule shows up, but when
drilling into this schedule my tax schedule is blank.  Does anyone know how
to get the tax schedule to default down to this level?
0
Asim (2)

------=_NextPart_0001_118CD51A

Hi Asim

This sounds like you are using a Purchasing Transaction.

Have you set up the Purchases, Misc and Freight Tax Schedules in the
Payables Setup Options window (Microsoft Dynamics GP >> Tools >> Setup >>
Purchasing >> Payables >> Options)?

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily
Microsoft policy.

------=_NextPart_0001_118CD51A

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang3081{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Asim
\par
\par This sounds like you are using a Purchasing Transaction.
\par
\par Have you set up the Purchases, Misc and Freight Tax Schedules in the Payables Setup Options window (Microsoft Dynamics GP >> Tools >> Setup >> Purchasing >> Payables >> Options)?
\par
\par David Musgrave [MSFT]
\par Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
\par Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
\par
\par Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
\par
\par mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
\par
\par Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_118CD51A--

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
8/14/2008 9:47:03 AM
Yep, all of those schedules are setup.

""David Musgrave [MSFT]"" wrote:

> Hi Asim
>
> This sounds like you are using a Purchasing Transaction.
>
> Have you set up the Purchases, Misc and Freight Tax Schedules in the
> Payables Setup Options window (Microsoft Dynamics GP >> Tools >> Setup >>
> Purchasing >> Payables >> Options)?
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
> Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
>
> mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
> http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily
> Microsoft policy.
Asim (2)

restoring GP 10.0 32-bit into GP 10.0 64-bit
Hello: We are going to install GP 8.0 on a 32-bit server in-house and restore a client's 8.0 data into these SQL databases. Pretty cut and dry. Next, we will upgrade this in-house server from 8.0 to 10.0. Continuing, we will install GP 10.0 on the client's new 64-bit server. Finally, we will restore the upgraded 10.0 databases from our in-house 32-bit server to the client's 64-bit server. Here's the question. Is there anything "wrong", from a technical standpoint, in restoring SQL databases from a 32-bit environment into a 64-bit environment? Thanks! chil...

CRM 3.0
Hi All, I am writing a custom report for CRM 3.0 to basically copy the My Activities view but display the regarding and To contacts and associated phone numbers. The report is basically done except for a few small issues. I would like to set up the Dynamic Drill-Through so when the person clicks on the Activity Subject it will open the associated Activity record. Unfortunately I have been unable to find the information needed to use in the following code to set the Object Type Code (OTC) to the correct activity type: = Parameters!CRM_URL.Value & "?ID={"&Fields!Activityid...

Opening File using default viewer
Hello, how would I go about opening a file using the default viewer, so for example, if the file is a txt file, then notepad would open it. Or if it is an XML file, then maybe firefox woulld open it. I was hoping to use a CButton and if the user clicks on it, then it would grab the path specified and open the file with the corresponding viewer. thanks. Jon wrote: > Hello, how would I go about opening a file using the default viewer, so > for example, if the file is a txt file, then notepad would open it. Or > if it is an XML file, then maybe firefox woulld open it. > > ...

defining accounts receivable default accounts
We would like the ability to have limitations on the accounts that can be selected for accounts receviable for a sales order transaction or receivable transaction. Currently you can select any account number for the RECEV trx type. We would like to define allowable accounts receivable accounts to avoid our current out of balance condition. This would limit the possibilities of reasons for ar trade to be out of balance to gl. This is a very hot issue at many clients in trying to reconcile ar to gl. This could also apply to AP!! Thanks, lori b. ---------------- This post is a sug...

Jounal Viewer
I have read questions posted but not any answer for this issue. In the Journal Viewer - the batch look up is defaulted showing the oldest batch first rather than showing the most recent batch first. Does anyone know how to change this to default to listing the most recent batch first? Appreciate any help. ...

Defaults on Print Sales Documents screen
Is there a way to set defaults on the boxes selected under the Picking Ticket column on the Print Sales Documents screen? Currently when we open the screen, we have to select which boxes to tick and since we always select the same boxes we wondered if there was a way to have them default when the screen is opened so we don't have to click each time. We want the "Picking Ticket Per Site" box, the "Include Kit Components" box and the "Bin Sequenced" box selected as default values. Thanks!! LMG, You can accomplish this with a small VBA customization, b...

Setting .doc default to .doc, not .dox
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel How do i do this for all new documents? > How do i do this for all new documents? I meant .doc instead of .docx Word> Preferences> Save, choose Word 97-2004 Document (.doc) from the Save Word files as: list - just keep in mind that you'll be constantly working in Compatibility Mode which will prevent the use of some of 2008's features. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/23/08 7:50 PM, in article ee99690.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "dbdbdb@officeformac.com" <dbdbdb@officeform...

how do i change the default value of measure from points to inche.
how do i change the default value of measure from points to inches when setting the width and hight of cells? You don't. Excel uses only points for these measures best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "yoyo4u" <yoyo4u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33420157-6E05-4A55-9003-088D731E495E@microsoft.com... > how do i change the default value of measure from points to inches when > setting the width and hight of cells? yoyo Row heights are measured in points. There are 72 points to an inch. Th...

Frx from Reports Menu in GP
From the Reports menu Financial > FRx. The Report Launcher opens instead of the Report Designer. How do you change this? Locate the FRXDYN.INI in the application folder you start DynamicsGP. Delete it. Next time you use the Reports--> Financial --> FRX, you should be prompted again for the location. Select the frx32.exe, rather than the frx launch32.exe ------ Robert "6538" <lbeach@remingtonconsulting.com> wrote in message news:OkyfOBGvHHA.4332@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > From the Reports menu Financial > FRx. The Report Launcher opens instead > o...

Amazing Problem in AllocPhysMem wince 6.0
Hi I am writing a Port Driver for x86 platform in WinCE 6.0. I want to allocate virtual and equivalent physical memory in driver and mapped it to USER mode to use application. For that I used AllocPhysMem in driver and passed that address through IOCTL calls but i cant use that virtual and physical address in application side. Because AllocPhysMem returns Error Code as 0x57 (meaning Parameter incorrect). But the same code is working in WinCe 5.0. My code snippet is, VirAddress = (LPVOID)AllocPhysMem(32, PAGE_READWRITE|PAGE_NOCACHE, 0, ...

GP 10 and Terminial Server 2008
My customer is having issues with GP 10 sp4 and Terminal Server 2008. Whenever they are in one of the Navigation panes (Purchasing) and they choose an option in the navigation Pane other than the PURCHASING (ie VENDORS) they are kicked out of GP. Has anyone come across this? ...

Foreground locking error running scheduled integration
I have a scheduled integration setup that first runs the login to GP, then an integration group (2 AR integrations). I have them set at 5 minutes apart. The TK article for this particular error says that the error is because "Great Plains is still in the process of launching when the Integration Manager starts running." I then increased the time to 15 minutes apart and finally at 30 minutes apart, but the first record of both integrations still fails with this error "could not set foreground locking value to 0." How can I get rid of this error? It only takes les...

By: deesom In: microsoft.public.dynamics.gp.developer
I do have an unusual situation - and I really do need your help, urgently: I have a gravel road infrasture asset (GRDS-0001 with suffix 1). It has a Net Book Value of $ 1,200,000. This gravel road was paved over at a cost of $ 750,000. The asset is no longer a gravel road, and the transformed asset needs to be classified as a new asset, for example , with an asset ID of PRDS-0001(suffix 1). How would I properly create and record this new asset, with the cost of $ 1,950,000, and still preserve the history of the old asset (GRDS-0001), that no longer exists. I did not feel comfortable ...

GP 6.0 Security
Hi! I am setting User Classes in GP 6.0 and am interested if there's any document showing relations between windows, reports, files. Information in Tools/Resource Decriptions doesn't look usefull. For example if I need to enable Trial Balance Report option for the user, which Windows, Reports and Files have to be included in order for the report to print correctly without 'not privileged' errors. What should be better approach: disable everything and add wanted options or enable everything than disable just screens that I don't want users to see. Latter looks easi...

eService Call with GP 9.0
eService GP 8 release was unchanged for GP 9.0 as per Article ". eService & eReturns NOTE: eService & eReturns for Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 utilizes the same download as Microsoft Great Plains 8.0. There are no changes to eService & eReturns requiring an upgrade or installation difference. " I tried to configure eService for GP 9.0 but not able to view the proper page, it seems the COM components “Webservice” not working properly. Anyone come across the same situation? You need to go to Component Services, Computers, My Computers, Com+ Apps and make sure th...

Default value for custom field?
How can I populate a custom field with a default value? Specifically, I have a custom field "DisplayName" associated with the Quote Detail object. I want initially to populate this field with the value of the product name field when a new product is added to a quote. The user can then edit the DisplayName custom field if desired. The DisplayName custom field will be used as the product name on a Crystal Reports quote form. ...

Averaging cell's...problems with Div/0
Hi guys. First time poster here so be gentle with me. I am looking fo some assistance averaging a range of 1 to 3 numbers. Here is what I have so far. =(D3+F3+H3)/(IF(C3=0,0,1)+IF(E3=0,0,1)+IF(G3=0,0,1)) This works great. What it does is checks to see if there is a value i the cell, then counts it and divides by the right number. I.E if yo only have two values out of 3 filled in it divides the number by tw instead of 3. My problem... if all 3 fields are 0 then I get a divide by 0 error. Any suggestion on how to fix this? I don't want my spreadsheet to loo messy before I start plu...

initial default column width
Is there a way to configure Excel 2000 so that when I create a new Workbook or add a new Worksheet so that all the columns have a particular width instead of the default 64 pixels? TIA Create the workbook exactly the way you want it, then save it as a template with the name "Book.xlt" (no quotes) in you XLStart directory. It'll be then used as the template for new workbooks. Likewise, save a one-sheet workbook as a template, named "Sheet.xlt" for the template for Insert/Worksheet. In article <419E181F.6251D20D@nospam.net>, Bruceh <bruce@nospam.net&...

installing GP 10.0 on workstations only
Hello: I understand that you can install GP 10.0 and forego installation of the application on the server. If you choose to go that route, then how do you path to SQL during the first-time run of GP Utilities when you create the company databases? I mean, if you install GP on the first workstation without installing GP on the server at all, you have to tell GP the path to the database (in the Database Setup window). Can you use UNC pathing in that window or do you have to use mapped drives? Also, what sort of security do you need to create the databases from the workstation? Domai...

Login problem to CRM 3.0
Hi, I installed CRM 3.0 Professional Edition without any error. I can login perfectly from the CRM server either using http://localhost:5555/ or http://appserver:5555/ under the crmadmin user. If I login to an XP workstation with the same user (crmadmin) and specify http://appserver:5555/ in IE6, I got a login window - where I enter the correct DOMAINNAME\crmadmin username and password - and got the following message: "You are not authorized to view this page"..."HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized... I think the prolem is around IIS security, but what shoud be the next step. Th...

Work Schedule in Excel doc ... Don't have Excel
I just started a new job and the boss sent next weeks schedule in Exce format but I don't have excel. Is there anyway to just read an Exce file? If not can someone tell me my schedule for me -- charlene202 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- charlene2021's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1641 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27780 Hi you can get a free viewer for excel from the microsoft site .. the following link should get you there http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/of...

Extender problem with GP 10
Hi all, I setup a Dynamics GP 10 system for a customer. The system is used from HRM staff. I used Extender to add a number of extender windows and detail windows. On the Sever all users can access the extender windows but when they login on a separate terminal server (with a client installation) the Extender windows are not accessible. Only the Extender Detail Windows can be seen. When trying to go to the windows all users including sa get the following message: "Not all required fields have been entered for the window <window name>." I went in the extender and opened ...

Default Case View
Could someone tell me how I can setup default views for cases for different users? I know how to change the default view for all users, however I want to make the view different for different users or groups (eg developers, support, etc...) can someone tell me how this can be done in CRM 3.0 please? Thanks, K2 What you are looking for is making the view private so that only certain users can see it. This is done by opening the view in customization and selecting sharing from the actions menu. By adding one or more teams, you'll make the view private to those selected. In other ...

Dlookup turn -1 or 0 into a word
I have a message box that displays if a product is 'Stocked' or 'Not STocked' but in the databse its stored as -1 or 0 I use the follwoing code DLookup("StockedItem", "tblProduct", "ProductID=" & Me.ProductID) So in the message box at the moment it says -1 or 0, how do i code it to says 'stocked' if -1 and 'Not STocked' if 0 Thanks Assuming ever field has a value: If Stocked = -1 Then MsgBox "Stocked", vbOKOnly Else MsgBox "Not Stocked", vbOKOnly End If -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MV...

Excel formula #9
I need some help Please. not sure how to write a formula? Description of what I want.: if cell is equal to 48 or less then I want to add 3 to the cell but if cell is greater the 49 then I want to add 6 to cell Can some one help Please. I am new with excel and am not sure how to do this.. Thanks Sun, 3 Feb 2008 19:04:06 -0800 from David franklin <DavidF@discussions.microsoft.com>: > I need some help Please. not sure how to write a formula? > > if cell is equal to 48 or less then I want to add 3 to the cell but > if cell is greater the 49 then I want to add 6 to cell ...