GP 9.0 Modifier/VBA Cannot close lookup window

Hi:
The look up window ( VendorDetail(Grid) ) for vendors still open when close
the vendor’s maintenance window.

I tried this:
Private Sub Window_AfterClose()
    If VendorsDetail.IsLoaded = True Then
        VendorsDetail.IsLoaded = False
        End If
End Sub
 But I had
 Compile error
 Method or Data member not found.

Any idea to close this window after VendorMaintenance close will be
appreciated.

Regards for all of you

0
ValentinPR (38)

Hello Valentine,

what i followed from your question here is you want to close the lookup of
the vendor list when you close the window of vendor maintenance.

here are the steps what i did.

1.  In Vendor Maintenance window

Private Sub Window_AfterClose()
If Vendors.IsLoaded = True Then Vendors.Cancel = 1
End Sub

2. Add The Lookup windows to the VBA and add the field Cancel to vba also.

3. Under Smartlist Project in VBA Vendors and VendorsDetails windows are
added and make sure you have the Cancel under Vendors of Smart List project

4. Click Microsoft Dynamics Project and open Vendor Maintenance Screen

5. goto Tools  --> Reference --> and Mark SmartList  as reference to your
current project.

6. now you will have reference of your smartlist window in Vendor
Maintenance Screen

i Tested this with Dyanmics GP9.0 and should also work with lower version
also.

Hope this will help you Bro. ;-))

Regards
Akram.

"Valentin PR" wrote:

> Hi:
> The look up window ( VendorDetail(Grid) ) for vendors still open when close
> the vendor’s maintenance window.
>
> I tried this:
> Private Sub Window_AfterClose()
>     If VendorsDetail.IsLoaded = True Then
>         VendorsDetail.IsLoaded = False
>         End If
> End Sub
>  But I had
>  Compile error
>  Method or Data member not found.
>
> Any idea to close this window after VendorMaintenance close will be
> appreciated.
>
> Regards for all of you

0
Akram1 (98)
3/13/2007 2:04:03 PM
Hi Akram:

Thanks for the response.
I did something like you suggest and works.

Regards and respect,

"Akram" wrote:

> Hello Valentine,
>
> what i followed from your question here is you want to close the lookup of
> the vendor list when you close the window of vendor maintenance.
>
> here are the steps what i did.
>
> 1.  In Vendor Maintenance window
>
> Private Sub Window_AfterClose()
> If Vendors.IsLoaded = True Then Vendors.Cancel = 1
> End Sub
>
> 2. Add The Lookup windows to the VBA and add the field Cancel to vba also.
>
> 3. Under Smartlist Project in VBA Vendors and VendorsDetails windows are
> added and make sure you have the Cancel under Vendors of Smart List project
>
> 4. Click Microsoft Dynamics Project and open Vendor Maintenance Screen
>
> 5. goto Tools  --> Reference --> and Mark SmartList  as reference to your
> current project.
>
> 6. now you will have reference of your smartlist window in Vendor
> Maintenance Screen
>
> i Tested this with Dyanmics GP9.0 and should also work with lower version
> also.
>
> Hope this will help you Bro. ;-))
>
> Regards
> Akram.
>
> "Valentin PR" wrote:
>
> > Hi:
> > The look up window ( VendorDetail(Grid) ) for vendors still open when close
> > the vendor’s maintenance window.
> >
> > I tried this:
> > Private Sub Window_AfterClose()
> >     If VendorsDetail.IsLoaded = True Then
> >         VendorsDetail.IsLoaded = False
> >         End If
> > End Sub
> >  But I had
> >  Compile error
> >  Method or Data member not found.
> >
> > Any idea to close this window after VendorMaintenance close will be
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Regards for all of you

0
ValentinPR (38)
3/13/2007 2:56:08 PM
Thats Great!

"Valentin PR" wrote:

> Hi Akram:
>
> Thanks for the response.
> I did something like you suggest and works.
>
> Regards and respect,
>

> "Akram" wrote:
>
> > Hello Valentine,
> >
> > what i followed from your question here is you want to close the lookup of
> > the vendor list when you close the window of vendor maintenance.
> >
> > here are the steps what i did.
> >
> > 1.  In Vendor Maintenance window
> >
> > Private Sub Window_AfterClose()
> > If Vendors.IsLoaded = True Then Vendors.Cancel = 1
> > End Sub
> >
> > 2. Add The Lookup windows to the VBA and add the field Cancel to vba also.
> >
> > 3. Under Smartlist Project in VBA Vendors and VendorsDetails windows are
> > added and make sure you have the Cancel under Vendors of Smart List project
> >
> > 4. Click Microsoft Dynamics Project and open Vendor Maintenance Screen
> >
> > 5. goto Tools  --> Reference --> and Mark SmartList  as reference to your
> > current project.
> >
> > 6. now you will have reference of your smartlist window in Vendor
> > Maintenance Screen
> >
> > i Tested this with Dyanmics GP9.0 and should also work with lower version
> > also.
> >
> > Hope this will help you Bro. ;-))
> >
> > Regards
> > Akram.
> >
> > "Valentin PR" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi:
> > > The look up window ( VendorDetail(Grid) ) for vendors still open when close
> > > the vendor’s maintenance window.
> > >
> > > I tried this:
> > > Private Sub Window_AfterClose()
> > >     If VendorsDetail.IsLoaded = True Then
> > >         VendorsDetail.IsLoaded = False
> > >         End If
> > > End Sub
> > >  But I had
> > >  Compile error
> > >  Method or Data member not found.
> > >
> > > Any idea to close this window after VendorMaintenance close will be
> > > appreciated.
> > >
> > > Regards for all of you

0
Akram1 (98)
3/13/2007 3:09:46 PM
The lookup remain open while maintenance window closed....check your stick
pin on lookup window.

"Valentin PR" wrote:

> Hi:
> The look up window ( VendorDetail(Grid) ) for vendors still open when close
> the vendor’s maintenance window.
>
> I tried this:
> Private Sub Window_AfterClose()
>     If VendorsDetail.IsLoaded = True Then
>         VendorsDetail.IsLoaded = False
>         End If
> End Sub
>  But I had
>  Compile error
>  Method or Data member not found.
>
> Any idea to close this window after VendorMaintenance close will be
> appreciated.
>
> Regards for all of you

0
Me8786 (90)

Can't find Windows Server 2003 Dutch MUI Pack for x64 Editions
I am looking for the Dutch (NL) MUI pack for a windows 2003 server R2 Sp2 64 bit version. Does anyone know where i can get this, and if it's available from the microsoft licensing site? We are only able to find the X86 version of the MUI pack. ...

0.9768566 Got To See This ... 0.4829243
0.699142 Got To See This ... 0.5816474 0.9768566 Now Visit Tobacco Is Drugs 0.4829243 ...

Dynamics GP Analysis Cube Server 2005
I have installed Dynamics GP 10.0 on a virtual machine having already Microsoft Sharepoint server Installed(WIndows Server 2003 SP1) with all requirements. i Have created an instance of Dynamics GP (DYNAMICS) and created the Sample Data (TWO). When i try to install the analysis cubes Server 2005 from CD2 i get the following Error: Microsoft Dynamics GP client was not found.... I checked the Regedit and i found the Greatplains <1033> and the dynamics is installed well and i can access the sample database... Why cant i Install the Analysis cubes Server 2005... :( Hi Mhd Check out...

Payroll corrections after Payroll Year is closed
I have a client who closed their payroll year and issued W2s. Now, they've realized that because the last payroll of 2008 was printed on 12/31 but not distributed until January 2nd, it needs to fall into 2009 for wage reporting purposes. My first thought to correct this was to void the checks from the last payroll and re-issue them but I've discovered GP won't let you do this once the payroll year has been closed. Has anyone ever run into this scenario and if so, how was it corrected? Thx, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www....

Dynamics GP Welcome/Login Screen Customisation
I need help customising the Login Screen. I want to replace the Generic 'contented executive with necktie' image with our Company logo. I have changed the screen using modifier - but this only displays in I am already logged into GP and then change user. The problem is that access to the modified window is controlled by security which only comes into play once logged on. In the Dynamics program files directory, look for splash.bmp. This should be the existing picture that appears on the splash screen when you start Dynamics. Rename your picture to splash.bmp and replace t...

Adding Formula from VBA
Hello! I want to add a formula to a cell the formula is: =TEXT(A1,"dddd") I have used this code formel = "=TEXT(A" & CStr(NewRow) & ";""dddd"")" Worksheets("Blad2").Cells(NewRow, 2).Formula = formel I get an error on the second line saying: Runtime Error '1004' application-defined or object-defined error NewRow is a valid number, e.g. 36 What is the error? // Anders -- English is not my first, or second, language so anything strange, or insulting, is due to the translation. Please correct me so I may le...

Unlock cell by VBA
I have a cell I don't want folks to touch, but I want to be able to change it via a macro. I lock the cell and then protect the sheet, thus locking them out. However, it also locks out my macro. How can I temporarily unlock the cell long enough to make the change? Thanks roscoe Roscoe Leave that cell locked. Just UnProtect the sheet in your code, do what you want, then protect the sheet. The code is: Worksheets("TheShtName").UnProtect Password:="Roscoe" Worksheets("TheShtName").Protect Password:="Roscoe" If you are not using a password...

Cannot modify or delete recurring items
I am unable to edit or delete recurring appointments in Outlook 2002 on Win7. I get an error saying "Can't open this item. The object is invalid." At one point it would tell me that I did not have permissions. If I copy the outlook.pst file to another user on the same computer (or another computer w/ WinXP) I am able to edit/delete the items. This happens for recurring items regardless of whether they are newly-created or have been on the calendar for months. Individual items work OK. I should note that I once deleted my ID on this computer and recreated it. It ...

Money Essentials #9
I just purchased Microsoft Essentials (download version). I install without errors. When I try to run it I do not get any errors but do not get an interface to work with???? If I try to launch it again I get an error that it is all ready running. When I check in ‘Whindow Task Manager -> Processes Tab’ I see: Image Name User Name CPU Mem Usage -------------------------------------------------------------------------- msmoney.exe <my account> 00 8,684K Any Ideas what the problem would be? In microsoft.public.money, JJL wrote: >I just purchased Microsoft Essentials (download vers...

windows explorer error message
Although my internet is working just fine, I keep receiving a message saying "windows explorer has stopped working, windows is checking for a solution to the problem" followed by a messaging saying "windows explorer is restarting" [which it doesn't restart at all.] Any program like "control panel" or windows media player doesn't work and will shut down after the message disappears. If I click cancel, then the message just pops up again. I don't know what to do, because i can't even get onto control panel to do a system restore to fix the pr...

BP 3.0 features or hacks?
I installed our BP a few months ago and we have been in various stages of testing before we roll it out to all of our users. Our main goal is to utilize the HRM module and allow employees to access their pay stubs and print them off if needs be. My administration has tasked me with 3 major features that they would like to see before we roll it out. I will list them and what I have done to try and implement them: Feature 1: require a password - I have changed authentication in IIS, requiring all users to enter a username and password before accessing their data. It works, but does n...

Hopw can I Reverse-DNS lookup an IP Address?
Hi all, I just got the (frustrating) task of taking the unresolved IP Addresses of visitors to our web site, and parsing them (resolving them) to find out how often our competitors are looking at it. I am fully aware of the myriad ways that they can get around being detected as our competitors. Is there any way I can, in Excel, take an IP Address formatted as xxx.xx.x.xx (variable length segments) and output a resolved hostname for it? Also, if I can only do it by visiting someone's web page, can someone point me at one that does allows mass lookups all at once? Thanks in advance, Aaron C...

Creates db1, db2 on "compact on close"
Smart people: I have a split database I have been using for over a year with no funky issues. We add and delete records every day, so I have "compact on close" set up on the front end db. Last week, it started a) creating the db1, db2, etc, and not deleting them and b) not compacting. db1, db2, etc are all functional databases. My understanding of the process is this: 1. User closes db 2. Access creates a new db, and compact it, naming it db1, db2, whatever. 3. Access deletes original, then renames db1 to original file name. Mine seems to be hanging at step three. I get a new, comp...

can't open .XLS files using version 7.0
I am using excel 97 v 7.0 and can't open files with extension .XLS. Not sure but they may have been created on newer version of excel Excel 7 was excel 95 I believe so you must save xls files as excel 5/95 version on the newer versions, if you are using excel 97 it has the same file format (there might be a few things later added that won't be available but the files should open) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Silvermarsh" <Silvermarsh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E50CFD42-733E-42AD-B218-782C15C31910@microsoft.com......

Exchange 2003 and Symantec Mail Security 4.0
When I tried to do a manual scan on individual user mailbox using Symantec Mail Security 4.0 tools, the mailbox list was not up to date. Some of my user has already left the organization with their mailbox purge away from exchange 2003. But Symantec Mail Security still able to capture it. And some of my new user mailbox was not reflected in the list. Anyone can help me? ...

AutoArchive #9
I'm trying to automatically archive all emails in a certain folder in my Inbox to a folder outside of Outlook on a shared drive. I have AutoArchive set up under the properties of the Inbox folder, but none of the emails are being moved to the folder where I would like them. Is there any reason Outlook would be unwilling to export them like that? Thanks ...

Complicated use of INDEX and MATCH to lookup multiple columns
Hi, I am trying to do a version of the formula given for method 1 here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214142 Using Excel 2007, I have to retrieve a value in column D of sheet Media by matching the value in sheet Media column A to sheet Promo column A and also checking that the dates in sheet Media columns B and C overlap with the dates in sheet Promo columns D and E. I get an #N/A error for a value/values that should be found when using the following formula: {=INDEX(Media!$D$2:$D$4473,MATCH(Promo!A2,IF(OR(AND(Media!$C$2:$C$4473>=Promo!D2,Media!$C$2:$C$4473<=Promo!E2),AND(Media!...

saving excel as webpage so that hyperlinks load into different window #2
doesn't work, target="_new" isn't an html ta -- rsa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rsai's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1542 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27031 ...

Excel files get renamed when saved to windows 2003 server
when migrating to windows server 2003 some users experience changes of file names they change to all numbers and letters When you save a file, excel will save it as a temporary file (8 characters, no extension). Then if that save is successful, excel will delete the original and rename this funny named file to the original's name. You see the results when something interferes with this process. A couple of things that get pointed at are antivirus software and network problems (hardware or permissions). Since you just migrated, I'd start looking at the network side. But if that ...

Is JavaScript and isv.config.xml in 4.0 available?
Hi, we extend CRM V3.0 using the isv.config.xml and JavaScript (OnLoad) and a Callout assembly. Will this extensions work in CRM V4.0, too? Are there some constraints? Christian If you used only what's in the current CRM SDK :- "Yes" Otherwise - "Maybe, if you are lucky" "Christian Havel" <ChristianHavel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF53C278-14D0-463D-B41E-8CE3D3772381@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > we extend CRM V3.0 using the isv.config.xml and JavaScript (OnLoad) and a > Callout assembly. > Will this extensions wo...

Stop Insert Row modifying formula data
I have a worksheet that grabs stock information via web queries. I always writes today�s information at the top of the page and to do thi it I insert a row using VBA and set the cells to the correct values. The problem is that I have a number of other worksheets using the dat from this stock information worksheet via lookups. And the insert ro automatically alters their formulas from something like this: =VLOOKUP(A3,'Historical Funds'!$B$4:$C$3000,2,FALSE) To this =VLOOKUP(A3,'Historical Funds'!$B$5:$C$3001,2,FALSE) Which causes a problem as then all my lookups miss the top...

Blank emails #9
What does it mean when you get a blank email in your Outlook almost every day?? It is just a little envelope and I don't open it but I get them almost daily?? PatK <vegaspatk@cox.net> wrote: > What does it mean when you get a blank email in your Outlook almost > every day?? It is just a little envelope and I don't open it but I > get them almost daily?? It often means that someone's spam-generating program is brain-dead and spewing ill-formed junk. You can create a rule that will discard any message whose body is empty. -- Brian Tillman Thank you ver...

Share prices are no longer updating...haven't since 29/9
Any idea what has happened? The prices are no longer updating. I am from Australia so all prixes are AU. I checked on Moneycentral and it is the same. "Wayne Boxall" <Wayne Boxall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B6CEA76-192B-430A-8778-D465BA4EC4D1@microsoft.com... > Any idea what has happened? The prices are no longer updating. I am from > Australia so all prixes are AU. > > I checked on Moneycentral and it is the same. Yeah they stopped. I dunno if it has anything to do with the change in the ASX (see http://www.comsec.com.au/public/news.a...

Changing options for Closing a Campaign Response
When converting a Campaign Response, you have the option to close and convert it to a record (New Lead, Existing Lead, or for a customer) or you can just "Close Response", in which case your only options are change the status are either Completed or Cancelled. I want to add more descriptive reasons for closing the response without converting it but I can't find where to do the customization. I've gone to Settings>Customizations>Campaign Response>Attributes and modified the list for Closed, but the Convert Campaign Response Webpage Dialog still only show Comp...

Error:Type mismatch in Integration Manager 9.0
One of our customer tried to build a new integration for FA but while adding a new source they are getting the error message "Type mismatch". They are using IM9.0. Error message details: Source:CBOMLib.StandaloneField.SetValue Message:Type mismatch Number:13 I also tried by unregistering the CBOMLibX.dll file and then re-registering again but it doesn't solve the issue. Could anyone of you help me out on this issue. Regards, Radesh Radesh, Check your source data. There is a value in a column that is casing this error since the value is not compatible with the field typ...