GP 8.0, sp3 and SQL2005??

hi,

Someone can tell me if GP8.0 sp3 is supported by SQL2005? I am working with
Latin american release.

Thanks a lot.
0
anar1 (23)

Nope.  Not SP 3, for any release that I am aware of.

--
Victoria Yudin
GP MVP

"Ana Evelin Rosa" <anar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> Someone can tell me if GP8.0 sp3 is supported by SQL2005? I am working
> with
> Latin american release.
>
> Thanks a lot.

0
victoria (3340)
4/10/2006 7:26:27 PM
SQL 2005 won't be officially supported by version 8 until SP 4.  SP 4 already
came out once, but was pulled for reasons which aren't immediately apparent.
I don't have any direct knowledge, but I would guess that it would be coming
out again soon, like within a matter of weeks.

Version 9 supports SQL 2005.

I questioned MBS support what would happen if you tried, and the response I
got was "utilities won't run, and many features would not function
correctly."  So it's a roll of the dice if you wanted to try it.

"Ana Evelin Rosa" wrote:

> hi,
>
> Someone can tell me if GP8.0 sp3 is supported by SQL2005? I am working with
> Latin american release.
>
> Thanks a lot.
0
alandgri (18)
4/10/2006 7:40:04 PM
SP 4 is out again (they're calling it 4a actually)....but I think that is
just the US version, usually that comes out before the others.

--
Victoria Yudin
GP MVP

"alandgri" <alandgri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> SQL 2005 won't be officially supported by version 8 until SP 4.  SP 4
> already
> came out once, but was pulled for reasons which aren't immediately
> apparent.
> I don't have any direct knowledge, but I would guess that it would be
> coming
> out again soon, like within a matter of weeks.
>
> Version 9 supports SQL 2005.
>
> I questioned MBS support what would happen if you tried, and the response
> got was "utilities won't run, and many features would not function
> correctly."  So it's a roll of the dice if you wanted to try it.
>
> "Ana Evelin Rosa" wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> Someone can tell me if GP8.0 sp3 is supported by SQL2005? I am working
>> with
>> Latin american release.
>>
>> Thanks a lot.

0
victoria (3340)

Report error -- CRM 3.0
Hi I have done some modification on MSCRM database in order to change the Business Unit information. I have modified several tables regarding this matter, but I haven’t done any modification the ReportServer database. Everything works fine except that it is not possible now to access the reports within the CRM application I am able to access the ReportServer and explore all MS CRM 3.0 standard reports by using the URL: http://server-name/reportserver But CRM application can not access the ReportServer, furthermore when I try to access System Sitting --> Report Categories, I get thi...

CRM 3.0 Changing CRM Mailbox
When I installed CRM/the Email router, I specified it to use the administrator mailbox. I now want to move it to a dedicated CRM mailbox, where cna I find this setting if it's not under Settings/Organisation Settings/System Settings/Email ?? Thanks Hi Adam, I believed that you have to use the Microsoft CRM-Exchange Email Router -> Rule Deployment Wizard to update the mailbox information. Make sure the logon to start that email router Service able to access that mailbox. Darren Darren Liu wrote: > Hi Adam, > > I believed that you have to use the Microsoft CRM-Exch...

EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know #13
EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know Hello every body , im be glad to introduce one of the best MLM for every body who wants to explod his/her earning with very simple steps and incredible situation! JUST IMAGINE...... If you achieve only 10% success you will still make $ 143,489.28 If you achieve only 1% success you will still make $ 14,348.928 But If we trust to each other and be serious, reaching to $ 1,434,892.8 is not seem so far,just three or four weeks!! The whole works that you should do : 1) You should open an e-gold account ,th...

Windows 7 upgrade of XP Pro with IE 8 and getting Certificate Erro
My PC was recently upgraded from XP Pro with Windows 7 Pro and I also had IE running on my machine under XP. now when I browse to many sites I am getting a certificate warning message in IE. I can choose to continue on to the site (even though it says that is not recommended.). But this is VERY ANNOYING! Pleas help! I have tried adjusting many different IE settings, and verified the date-time is correct on my PC. This is happening on valid web sites. So far not very happy with this upgrade! Below is the error message I am seeing in IE: -----------------------------------...

Outlook Express 6.0 #12
OE asked if I wanted to compact my files. I clicked yes. OE cleared out all of my subfolders & e-mail. How can I restore everything? "TimL" wrote in message news:7149CC48-79C9-473C-BF74-41821F5778CF@microsoft.com... > OE asked if I wanted to compact my files. I clicked yes. OE cleared > out all > of my subfolders & e-mail. How can I restore everything? There is no "express" in the name of this newsgroup. This newsgroup is to discuss Outlook, not Outlook EXPRESS. There are newsgroups for Outlook Express where you will need to ask your question....

PGP 8.1, Outlook 2003, Exchange 2003 problems
Hi, we use PGP 8.1, Outlook 2003, Exchange 2003 (OL 2003 & PGP 8.1 german) and have problems: Sometimes - at first open an PGP encrypted mail it works, at second open this mail is empty but a file *PGPexch.rtf.pgp* is attached. Sometimes - attachments like *my document_v1.1.doc* are renamed to *my document v1 1 doc* if the user will open this with a double click, the MS Word will not open the document because the extension .doc is lost. FUP2 alt.security.pgp -- Mit freundlichen Gruessen - Yours sincerely Friedrich Stockhammer http://www.stockhammer.at/ Hi Friedrich, Using PGP 8....

CRM v4.0 aka Titan
I have researched the posts throughout this group and haven't seen much on this topic. Visit these two links (i'm sure there are tons more) to see what I'm talking about: http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/operating_systems/microsoft_to_talk_mash_ups_titan_crm_40_at_convergence.html http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=85 If anyone has ANY other information regarding the release, new features, etc on this topic please post it here. Thanks, Brandon ...

Error executing SSIS package used to populate GP Analysis Cubes
Hi, Our GP databases are installed on SQL Server 2000. I have installed GP Analysis Cubes For Excel on a SQL Server 2005 server. The installation worked without a hitch, however when I try to run the SSIS master package to populate the Data Warehouse database I get an error under the "Run Company" section stating: "Error: Error 0xC0014037 while preparing to load the package. The package is encrypted with a password. The password was not specified, or is not correct." And at the bottom of the execution trail there is a warning to the effect that "the number of ...

GP-CRM Connector
hi all, I've just installed the GP - CRM connector. It works correctly when I update account information or inventory items. The data changes flow correctly between CRM and GP (and back). However, when creating a Sales Order and submitting it I get the following eConnect error: Procedure or function 'taSOPHdrIvcInsert' expects parameter '@I_vDOCID', which was not supplied. Any ideas? Thanks. Jeff Are you specifying the "order type" in mscrm? Please make sure that you specify either an integrated "order type" in mscrm order or you specif...

reset cells to 0 all at once
I have a sheet that requires me to clear all the cells to continue. My cell are A2 to C30. Is there a button or something I can have to clear them all at once? Do you want have a zero in each cell? Type A2:C30 in the name box (above column A) type 0 and press ctrl + enter If you want to clear the cells of content type A2:C30 in the name box and press delete -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (remove ^^ from email address) Portland, Oregon "Workshops" <Workshops@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40E4FFBF-A10...

File Cache Manager With SRAM in WINCE 6.0
Hi, I m developing a back-up utility which automatically backs up the transaction data to a permanent storage (NOR flash). Transaction data will be triggered very frequently and existing transaction data files may be modified frequently. Therefore I need a RAM based cache file system along with a permanent storage. My questions are, 1. I m trying to use File Cache Manager to accomplish it. Is this a correct solution? 2. If YES, how can i use my SRAM (not the SDRAM) to store the cached files? (In case of a power fluctuation, SRAM is more reliable than SDRAM, therefore we sele...

PARADOX 2.0
Hey all, If anyone's interested, I'm selling a complete copy of Paradox 2.0 with all disks and manuals plus a reference book entitled "Using Paradox" by George Chou. Check it out at... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3669905862 E-Mail me with any questions via my EBAY handle...not this email address. Thanks! Chris "Chris Ebay Dude" <ebaydude@ureach.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:b5c143aa.0404010110.3679c27b@posting.google.com... > Hey all, > > If anyone's interested, I'm selling a complete copy of Paradox 2.0...

Custom number format always defaults last number to 0.
I am trying to format cells to input credit card numbers in Excell 2000. When I set up a custom number format for four sets of four numbers (####-####-####-####) the result always changes the last number to a 0. How do I overcome that? Excel only lets 15 digits be used in numbers To have the 16th number most people use text. "scubadave" wrote: > I am trying to format cells to input credit card numbers in Excell 2000. > When I set up a custom number format for four sets of four numbers > (####-####-####-####) the result always changes the last number to a 0. How...

How to change Background hue & Title of MS CRM 3.0
Appreciate your help. ...

Exchange 5.0
We have an elderly exchange 5.0 box and when I drill down to the Mailbox resources section things don't look right. One particular user is showing in there as having 5800 items in his mailbox. Well when I open his email, there is nothing in his calendar, about 12 contacts, and 22 email in his inbox. All other folders are empty, including deleted items. his journal says no items to be displayed. Where on earth are these 5800 items coming from? We are trying to slim down our 1.2gig priv.edb file and things like this probably aren't helping. Regards Victoria Right click the" OU...

CRM 4.0 System Views
Hello, I'm trying to find the system views such as "active contacts" or "No Orders - Last 6 Months" in the database from CRM. It must be either views or filters... but they must be somewhere in the database. I have no clue where it is and can't find it. Could anyone please give me a little hint? Greets Falko Check the Table "savedquery" ------ Aamir Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ ...

SQL 2000 SP 4 and GP 8.0
Hello: Is it true that there is a problem with installing and "using" SQL Server service pack 4 and Great Plains 8.0? If so, is MBS going to release a new GP service pack in order to alleviate that concern? And, again if so, what would happen if you installed service pack 4 in a GP 8.0 environment specifically? What problems would occur? Thanks! childofthe1980s I have not seen any problems with SQL Server 2000 sp4 and GP 8. -- Charles Allen, MVP "childothe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > Is it true that there is a problem with installing and "usin...

Fonts in Dynamics GP using Vista are too big
Hi Folks My laptop has been changed from running on XP to now using Vista and I have found that the font inside Dynamics GP ver 10 sp 3 is now too large to display the full content of the field. I have used the smallest screen resolution and it has made no difference. Are you able to separately define the font that Dynamics GP should use for the data fields in a screen without having to use modifier all over the place. Many thanks in advance for any suggestions. Sheila Hi Sheila, I have been using GP 10.0 with Vista for long time now (probably an year and 3 months). I have not not...

Non English fonts (Greek) not working in Windows XP SP3
I had a collection of Greek fonts which used to work fine with other versions of Windows (Windows 98). Recently I found the CD on which there were saved and tried to play these Greek fonts on Windows XP SP3, but they were not recognised. I tried them both in Windows English and Greek versions. What could be wrong? Thank you, Paul ...

print 8 page 8 1/2 x 11 booklet 1/2 size?
I have an 8 page booklet that I originally intended to print 8 1/2 x 11 & set it up that way. I now would like to print it, instead as 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. I know the proportions will not be perfect but they will be good enough. I have played with this for hours to no avail. I can't get the pages to come out right. i.e. 1&8 on one side of a sheet and 2 & 7 on the other etc. Help! Have you tried setting up two publications; your original and a new publication? Copy/paste each page and adjust. Using the AutoFit Options in the Format menu would help. -- Mary Sauer h...

Replace #N/A with 0 #2
I'm trying to replace the #N/A that I get in a VLOOKUP with a zero so that I can use the result in a Multiplication formula. I've tried using this formula as directed in several other posts but it doesn't seem to work: =if(iserror(VLOOKUP(B10;'Item List With Costs'!$A$2:$M$1247;11;FALSE),0,VLOOKUP(B10;'Item List With Costs'!$A$2:$M$1247;11;FALSE)) Can someone see what I'm doing wrong? use ISNA() instead of ISERROR( -- dcronj ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dcronje's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.ph...

Adding Annotation Attachments in CRM 4.0
I have having a hard time figuring out how to upload a file to an annotation from code in CRM 4.0. It appears that the old UploadFromBase64 etc is no longer in the API. Any ideas? Thanks Nevermind, I figured it out. You just have to send the encoded file to the documentbody property. ...

HQId=0 @ Stores after TablesSync for Custom Tables
Hi I use the table sync to send data down to stores from my custom tables,i noticed that the HQId field @ the Store dosent reflect the respective one at HQ,instead it gets the value 0. Thats creates double work and chances for collation issues for the Custom application. Can anyone help on this please ASAP as itz pretty urgent. Thanks in advance Regards Zak Hi Zak , Are you talking about the Item Table in store Level ? If yes and you can identify the items then you just have to do Worksheet--> style 250: Update Inventory Items "Zak" wrote: > Hi...

SUM ... Numbers, Nulls "", & Div/0
Excel2003 ... Range (D3:D14) ... contains Numbers, Nulls "" & Div/0 ... How do I write Formula to ... SUM the Numbers? Thanks ... Kha -- Kha If the numbers are all positive numbers try =SUMIF(D3:D15,">0") OR else try the below array formula ..You create array formulas in the same way that you create other formulas, except you press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to enter the formula. If successful in 'Formula Bar' you can notice the curly braces at both ends like "{=<formula>}" =SUM(IF(ISNUMBER(D3:D15),D3:D15)) -- Jacob ...

CRM3.0 Mobile VS Mobile Express
It seems that Mobile Express is more powerfule, has more functions, and is more easy to be implemented. Can anybody please compare them? One of our customer want to buy mobile solution but it seems only Mobile Express can meet their requirement. if the user needs to ability to view CRM data with no connection back to the CRM web server then the original CRM mobile client is needed. If they only nede online access then the mobile express client is worth looking at simply because it is easy to install. I installed it in 15 minutes while reading the manual. Ideally you need to do a side ...