GP 8.0 Not Print Full Report (Detailed Aged Trial Balance w Option

Hello All,
I was just wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue before.  When 
printing the report mentioned in the subject, the full report is rarely 
output to the printer.  It is fully displayed in GP, however when sending to 
the printer the full report is not output.  To make it more interesting, the 
cutoff page seems to be random.  As an example, the most recent report I 
attempted to print was 195 pages.  The first time attempting to print it 
resulted in 137 pages being printed.  Trying a second time resulted in 193 
pages begin printed.  A third attempt resulted in 34 pages being printed.

We assumed this was a printer memory issue, but the random nature of the 
page cutoff seems to make me think otherwise.  This issue occurs on multiple 
printers and is not unique to a specific user.  I've also attempted to output 
this report to PDF rather than to a hard copy and the same issue occurs.

As a workaround we've had to send the output to the printer, make note of 
the last page printed and then reprint the remainder of the report starting 
at that page.  This usually results in having to send the report to the 
printer multiple times i.e. (First printing pages 1-96, then 97-100, then 
101-192, then finally pages 193-195.)

Has anyone seen this occur before with this or any other GP report?  We're 
running GP8.0 SP3.

Thanks in advance!  
0
bsr1031 (19)
6/18/2008 3:55:01 PM
greatplains 29623 articles. 6 followers. Follow

6 Replies
641 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 21

Is your printer in the Printer Compatibility list for release 8.0?

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
Maximum Global Business, LLC
http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com


"bsr1031" wrote:

> Hello All,
> I was just wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue before.  When 
> printing the report mentioned in the subject, the full report is rarely 
> output to the printer.  It is fully displayed in GP, however when sending to 
> the printer the full report is not output.  To make it more interesting, the 
> cutoff page seems to be random.  As an example, the most recent report I 
> attempted to print was 195 pages.  The first time attempting to print it 
> resulted in 137 pages being printed.  Trying a second time resulted in 193 
> pages begin printed.  A third attempt resulted in 34 pages being printed.
> 
> We assumed this was a printer memory issue, but the random nature of the 
> page cutoff seems to make me think otherwise.  This issue occurs on multiple 
> printers and is not unique to a specific user.  I've also attempted to output 
> this report to PDF rather than to a hard copy and the same issue occurs.
> 
> As a workaround we've had to send the output to the printer, make note of 
> the last page printed and then reprint the remainder of the report starting 
> at that page.  This usually results in having to send the report to the 
> printer multiple times i.e. (First printing pages 1-96, then 97-100, then 
> 101-192, then finally pages 193-195.)
> 
> Has anyone seen this occur before with this or any other GP report?  We're 
> running GP8.0 SP3.
> 
> Thanks in advance!  
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
6/18/2008 4:15:01 PM
I have seen this happen many times.  Typically the issue is the memory (or 
lack thereof) on the printer.  These reports spool a HUGE file to the 
printer and most older printers only have a few MB of RAM.  Most newer 
printers, even the smaller ones, will not have this issue.

-- 
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP
Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html


"bsr1031" <bsr1031@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:01F2EA69-F333-4EAB-8AD0-0A28EA6A70AE@microsoft.com...
> Hello All,
> I was just wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue before.  When
> printing the report mentioned in the subject, the full report is rarely
> output to the printer.  It is fully displayed in GP, however when sending 
> to
> the printer the full report is not output.  To make it more interesting, 
> the
> cutoff page seems to be random.  As an example, the most recent report I
> attempted to print was 195 pages.  The first time attempting to print it
> resulted in 137 pages being printed.  Trying a second time resulted in 193
> pages begin printed.  A third attempt resulted in 34 pages being printed.
>
> We assumed this was a printer memory issue, but the random nature of the
> page cutoff seems to make me think otherwise.  This issue occurs on 
> multiple
> printers and is not unique to a specific user.  I've also attempted to 
> output
> this report to PDF rather than to a hard copy and the same issue occurs.
>
> As a workaround we've had to send the output to the printer, make note of
> the last page printed and then reprint the remainder of the report 
> starting
> at that page.  This usually results in having to send the report to the
> printer multiple times i.e. (First printing pages 1-96, then 97-100, then
> 101-192, then finally pages 193-195.)
>
> Has anyone seen this occur before with this or any other GP report?  We're
> running GP8.0 SP3.
>
> Thanks in advance! 

0
victoria (3340)
6/18/2008 4:21:08 PM
The new printer (HP LJ9050) is not, but one of the previous printers that was 
used (HP 8100) is.


"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Is your printer in the Printer Compatibility list for release 8.0?
> 
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> 
> 
> "bsr1031" wrote:
> 
> > Hello All,
> > I was just wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue before.  When 
> > printing the report mentioned in the subject, the full report is rarely 
> > output to the printer.  It is fully displayed in GP, however when sending to 
> > the printer the full report is not output.  To make it more interesting, the 
> > cutoff page seems to be random.  As an example, the most recent report I 
> > attempted to print was 195 pages.  The first time attempting to print it 
> > resulted in 137 pages being printed.  Trying a second time resulted in 193 
> > pages begin printed.  A third attempt resulted in 34 pages being printed.
> > 
> > We assumed this was a printer memory issue, but the random nature of the 
> > page cutoff seems to make me think otherwise.  This issue occurs on multiple 
> > printers and is not unique to a specific user.  I've also attempted to output 
> > this report to PDF rather than to a hard copy and the same issue occurs.
> > 
> > As a workaround we've had to send the output to the printer, make note of 
> > the last page printed and then reprint the remainder of the report starting 
> > at that page.  This usually results in having to send the report to the 
> > printer multiple times i.e. (First printing pages 1-96, then 97-100, then 
> > 101-192, then finally pages 193-195.)
> > 
> > Has anyone seen this occur before with this or any other GP report?  We're 
> > running GP8.0 SP3.
> > 
> > Thanks in advance!  
0
bsr1031 (19)
6/18/2008 4:33:01 PM
Hmmm...the specs for the 9050 say 128MB RAM standard.  That may be be enough 
even for a very large report, however to make sure, send the report to the 
printer and watch it spool in the print queue - that will give you an idea 
on the size of the report.

It's possible the bottleneck is something else, like the print server or the 
printer driver....this is kind of where I lose focus a little and typically 
hand it off to the network guys....

The 8100 looks like it started with 16MB RAM, which is probably not enough 
for the large reports.

-- 
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP
Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html


"bsr1031" <bsr1031@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:6774FDED-7BE5-42D5-A02E-BCE1BE73D8D8@microsoft.com...
> The new printer (HP LJ9050) is not, but one of the previous printers that 
> was
> used (HP 8100) is.
>
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
>> Is your printer in the Printer Compatibility list for release 8.0?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> --
>> MG.-
>> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
>> Maximum Global Business, LLC
>> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>>
>>
>> "bsr1031" wrote:
>>
>> > Hello All,
>> > I was just wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue before. 
>> > When
>> > printing the report mentioned in the subject, the full report is rarely
>> > output to the printer.  It is fully displayed in GP, however when 
>> > sending to
>> > the printer the full report is not output.  To make it more 
>> > interesting, the
>> > cutoff page seems to be random.  As an example, the most recent report 
>> > I
>> > attempted to print was 195 pages.  The first time attempting to print 
>> > it
>> > resulted in 137 pages being printed.  Trying a second time resulted in 
>> > 193
>> > pages begin printed.  A third attempt resulted in 34 pages being 
>> > printed.
>> >
>> > We assumed this was a printer memory issue, but the random nature of 
>> > the
>> > page cutoff seems to make me think otherwise.  This issue occurs on 
>> > multiple
>> > printers and is not unique to a specific user.  I've also attempted to 
>> > output
>> > this report to PDF rather than to a hard copy and the same issue 
>> > occurs.
>> >
>> > As a workaround we've had to send the output to the printer, make note 
>> > of
>> > the last page printed and then reprint the remainder of the report 
>> > starting
>> > at that page.  This usually results in having to send the report to the
>> > printer multiple times i.e. (First printing pages 1-96, then 97-100, 
>> > then
>> > 101-192, then finally pages 193-195.)
>> >
>> > Has anyone seen this occur before with this or any other GP report? 
>> > We're
>> > running GP8.0 SP3.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance! 

0
victoria (3340)
6/18/2008 4:51:50 PM
Did you experience the same issue with the old printer? Unfortunately, I am 
more inclined to think this issue has to do with compatibility. I have seen 
all sort of weird things happen to reports on printers that are not 
compatible with GP. 

Suggestion: can you get this printer to emulate HPLJ8100? If so, give it a 
try and let me know.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
Maximum Global Business, LLC
http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com


"bsr1031" wrote:

> The new printer (HP LJ9050) is not, but one of the previous printers that was 
> used (HP 8100) is.
> 
> 
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> 
> > Is your printer in the Printer Compatibility list for release 8.0?
> > 
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > 
> > 
> > "bsr1031" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hello All,
> > > I was just wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue before.  When 
> > > printing the report mentioned in the subject, the full report is rarely 
> > > output to the printer.  It is fully displayed in GP, however when sending to 
> > > the printer the full report is not output.  To make it more interesting, the 
> > > cutoff page seems to be random.  As an example, the most recent report I 
> > > attempted to print was 195 pages.  The first time attempting to print it 
> > > resulted in 137 pages being printed.  Trying a second time resulted in 193 
> > > pages begin printed.  A third attempt resulted in 34 pages being printed.
> > > 
> > > We assumed this was a printer memory issue, but the random nature of the 
> > > page cutoff seems to make me think otherwise.  This issue occurs on multiple 
> > > printers and is not unique to a specific user.  I've also attempted to output 
> > > this report to PDF rather than to a hard copy and the same issue occurs.
> > > 
> > > As a workaround we've had to send the output to the printer, make note of 
> > > the last page printed and then reprint the remainder of the report starting 
> > > at that page.  This usually results in having to send the report to the 
> > > printer multiple times i.e. (First printing pages 1-96, then 97-100, then 
> > > 101-192, then finally pages 193-195.)
> > > 
> > > Has anyone seen this occur before with this or any other GP report?  We're 
> > > running GP8.0 SP3.
> > > 
> > > Thanks in advance!  
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
6/18/2008 6:23:01 PM
Also, 

Your printer may be compatible, but your driver version may not be up to 
date with the one tested by Microsoft. For a list of compatible printers and 
drivers go to:

For v9
https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/documentation/systemrequirements/compatibility_gp9.0_printers.htm?printpage=false

For v10
https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/documentation/systemrequirements/compatibility_gp10.0_printers.htm?printpage=false

Best regards,

--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
Maximum Global Business, LLC
http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com


"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Did you experience the same issue with the old printer? Unfortunately, I am 
> more inclined to think this issue has to do with compatibility. I have seen 
> all sort of weird things happen to reports on printers that are not 
> compatible with GP. 
> 
> Suggestion: can you get this printer to emulate HPLJ8100? If so, give it a 
> try and let me know.
> 
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> 
> 
> "bsr1031" wrote:
> 
> > The new printer (HP LJ9050) is not, but one of the previous printers that was 
> > used (HP 8100) is.
> > 
> > 
> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> > 
> > > Is your printer in the Printer Compatibility list for release 8.0?
> > > 
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "bsr1031" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Hello All,
> > > > I was just wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue before.  When 
> > > > printing the report mentioned in the subject, the full report is rarely 
> > > > output to the printer.  It is fully displayed in GP, however when sending to 
> > > > the printer the full report is not output.  To make it more interesting, the 
> > > > cutoff page seems to be random.  As an example, the most recent report I 
> > > > attempted to print was 195 pages.  The first time attempting to print it 
> > > > resulted in 137 pages being printed.  Trying a second time resulted in 193 
> > > > pages begin printed.  A third attempt resulted in 34 pages being printed.
> > > > 
> > > > We assumed this was a printer memory issue, but the random nature of the 
> > > > page cutoff seems to make me think otherwise.  This issue occurs on multiple 
> > > > printers and is not unique to a specific user.  I've also attempted to output 
> > > > this report to PDF rather than to a hard copy and the same issue occurs.
> > > > 
> > > > As a workaround we've had to send the output to the printer, make note of 
> > > > the last page printed and then reprint the remainder of the report starting 
> > > > at that page.  This usually results in having to send the report to the 
> > > > printer multiple times i.e. (First printing pages 1-96, then 97-100, then 
> > > > 101-192, then finally pages 193-195.)
> > > > 
> > > > Has anyone seen this occur before with this or any other GP report?  We're 
> > > > running GP8.0 SP3.
> > > > 
> > > > Thanks in advance!  
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
6/19/2008 7:20:07 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

"Remove access" to certain accounts in CRM 4.0
Is there a way in CRM 4.0 to remove access from specific accounts for specific users? Accounts they would otherwise have access to? I'm only talking about a very specific subset of the regular accounts in the business unit for which the person resides. Anyone have any experience with that? The simplest way is to move this accounts "VIP accounts?" into another business unit and set the access rights accordingly. Or you can use the team approach. Regards, Robert "Adam Pinilla" wrote: > Is there a way in CRM 4.0 to remove access from specific accounts for...

CFileDialog to default to Details view?
How can I get Details view to be the default view of my CFileDialog box's list object? TIA I don't know how to do this in a documented way. Possible hack: If you really want to get crazy you could watch the control in spy and see what msgs are sent when you manually issue the command yourself. Maybe then in the initdialog msg or something like that when the dialog is being initialized you can send that msg to the ctrl. "Steve S" <SSerrell@WAGSTAFF.com> wrote in message news:%235%23Wz82gDHA.2248@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How can I get Details view to be the def...

Business portal 3.0 with Great Plains 8.0
Can the new business portal 3.0 work with Great Plains 8.0? Per the "Dear Customer" letter, and I quote, "Microsoft Great Plains 8.0 does not support Microsoft Business Portal 3.0". Regards, Ling "Jack Tundra" wrote: > Can the new business portal 3.0 work with Great Plains 8.0? > > > Microsoft may not support Business Portal 3.0 with Great Plains 8.0 but has anyone tried getting it to work? "Linguinut" <Linguinut@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message news:0863F6B8-40B1-455C-AB90-2BEC30CDD593@microsoft.com... > Per the...

LoadXML and UTF-8 encoding
Hello everybody, I'm having troubles loading a Xml string encoded in UTF-8. If I try this code: ------------------------------ XmlDocument doc=new XmlDocument(); String s="<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\" standalone=\"yes\"?><a>Schönbühl</a>"; doc.LoadXml(s); doc.Save("d:\\temp\\test.xml"); ------------------------------ What I get in the test.xml file is: ------------------------------ <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?> <a>Schön...

MS CRM Connector and version of MS Dynamics GP
Do you know if the integration through MS CRM Connectors in CRM works with MS Dynamics GP 10.0? I.e. if we sell MS CRM 3.0 and MS Dynamics GP 10.0, will they be able to integrate with the current version of CRM Connector? The documentation on PartnerSource only indicates integration with MS GP 8.0 and 9.0. -- cal Currently GP 10.0 connector not supported. but you can achieve this using Biztalk adapter. It will be released in future for GP 10.0 -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@g...

Sharing option greyed out
I have several similar workbooks that are shared on a network. Sometimes in order to do certain things (copy and paste, merge cells etc.) I have to "unshare" a book. One workbook won't let me unshare it. The checkbox beside "Allow changes by more than one user..." is checked, but greyed out. I don't know why this might be, and can't seem to figure out how to uncheck the shared option. the workbook is protected and shared ... go to tools | protection | unprotect shared workbook On Oct 9, 7:25=A0pm, Nevets <Nev...@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Downloading Crystal report 9.2.2
Hi, I am trying to download and install Crystal report 9.2.2. I found a link in one of the postings ftp://ftp.crystaldecisions.com/outgoing/TS/CC/CRPro922.zip, but it seems like the link is no longer valid. Could anyone guide me to where else I can download Crystal Report 9.2.2? Thanks in advance, Alvin Hi Alvin, If you have a license for v9 you can get 9.2.2 by contacting BusinessObjects. They will validate your crystal 9 license then either send you 9.2.2 or give you a download location. You can download from the following location but you need login details - https://businessobj...

GP 9.0 SP1 issue??
When on GP 9.0.114 we were able to apply from Cash Receipts(CR) window. Had to apply SP1 because it had a fix for "Recevings amount overstated" issue we had in POP receivables(we do use PA). Now we are on GP 9.0.259. We no longer have the "Receivngs amount overstated" issue. However we cannot apply from Cash Receipts window or Apply Sales window. We get SmartHeap Library MEM_LOCK_ERROR consistently on all our entities. and in all our client workstations. -- any ideas? Do you have any modified forms or reports? This problem may occur because one of the following files ...

EXCEL 2003 #8
Can I take the contents ("WD4") of a cell (A2)on Sheet1, look for a match of the code ("WD4") on Sheet2 in cells A1-A20, and return the coresponding text in B1-B20 on Sheet2 to cell B2 on Sheet1. On Sheet1: =INDEX(B1:B20,MATCH(A2,Sheet2!A1:A20,0)) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:582672AF-9360-4525-9F8F-9C236D08A1A7@microsoft.com... > Can I take the contents ("WD4") of a cell (A2)on Sheet1, look for a match > of > the code ("WD4") on Sheet2 i...

Varied Account Balances
This is in reference to my Checking Acount set up in Money 2004 When I look at my Account List, Account Register and Cash Flow, all three have a different current balance. My assumption would be that all would be the same as the Account Register drives the Cash Flow. Any suggestions on the discrepancies? Account list will show the balance of the account with all future transactions as seen in the account register included. Account register shows the individual items with the rolling balance. The final figure should match the account list. Cash flow starting figure will be today'...

Link Tables in Report Writer
Hi everyone, Im working with Report Writer in GP10 I read David articles and they are interesting but my question is: for exemple I want to add the "expiration date" to the "POP Receivings Posting journal" report let's assume I found the table containing the "expiration date" how do I get to it when creating table relationships Im new with GP and Im having difficulties what tables to link to get the final table. I really tried everything to figure it out but I didn't succeed I hope I was clear explaning this. thank you guys in advance It sounds li...

Printing postcards from publisher 2007
I have given up on duplexing my postcards with mail merge. I made two separate publications and printed the addresses on one side of the cards. Got that to work. Now I'm trying to print the four pages to the one sheet 8 1/2 x 11. It now prints all four copies, minimized into the upper left 1/4 of the paper. How do I get the program to print my postcards full size? Look at my answer in your earlier post. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Judy Gross" <JudyGross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A6D1429-44B0-47A8-ABEB-0C84C2F749F4@microsoft....

One Line of Data Per Page of Report
When viewing/printing reports reports we are only getting one line of data per page. So instead of having a 5 page report with 60 entires we have a 60 page report with 1 entry per page. Is there an easy way to solve this probelm? We are not very familar with access and need this problem solved. Thanks! On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:07:03 -0800, Coutu <Coutu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When viewing/printing reports reports we are only getting one line of data >per page. So instead of having a 5 page report with 60 entires we have a 60 >page report with 1 entry per pag...

create flixible forecast reports?
Is it possible to create flexible forecast reports (global reports, reports for one country, for one business-line, one account-executive, ...) with revenue and profit margin, given the following information for the opportunities: - global revenue and profit margin (percentage), equal split over several months - global revenue and profit margin (percentage), not equal split over several months - hourly revenue and cost price for a consultant (linked at an opportunity), split over several months based on working days per month - hourly revenue and cost price for different consultants (lin...

Dynamics GP routing link several BOM's at once
When using routing links allow selection of several items at once to link to a routing step instead of one at a time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=487897...

timeclock report help
We use the timeclock report to print out total hours worked for any given two-week pay period. I am trying to modify the timeclock report by adding an additional column that will tell me whether the date on the report was in week 1 of the pay period, or week 2. I would like to return the string 'Week1' if the TimeIn value for that row is less than or equal to the FilterLoLim value + 7, but this does not work, i can't refer to this in my SQL formula. Any ideas?? Thank you, Kevin here is a simple select statement to demonstrate what i'm trying to accomplish: select cas...

Allowing Vendor to Place SQL Server Instance w/o giving customer a
We have a vertical market vendor who we bought a program requesting to place a separate SQL Server instance on our server without giving us admin rights. I understand that they want to protect their schema and want to keep us from writing to the DB, but I feel very uncomfortable with this. What would you do? Thanks. Eds Ask, what if the their queries will cause perfromance degradation and it will affect your production.... what would you do? At our company we dictate to vendor on what server to set up their program and they given very limited login to operate only with t...

customer summary report
1. I would like to print the customer summary report for all of the customers at the same time. I can print this report for one customer at a time from Inquiry>sales>Yearly summary. 2. I am looking at getting the YTD sales numbers for customers through smartlist or reports. Is this possible? Also what sql table holds this information. Check RM00103 and RM00104. Have you looked at the Period Sales Analysis report? -- Jim@TurboChef "Jack" wrote: > 1. I would like to print the customer summary report for all of the customers > at the same time. I can print this r...

FRx catalog print in Excel format
We're on FRx SP10. My main user wants to know if we can print out the Catalog of Reports in Excel format. I've not seen where we can but to make sure, can we? -- Sandy GP Sys Admin / Proj Sys Analyst If you can print to an Adobe pdf you can get it into Excel. After it is a pdf document you can copy/paste it into Excel. It works well for the summary catalog report but not the detail. the detail report wants to print each catalog on a separate page. "GP Guy in AZ" wrote: > We're on FRx SP10. My main user wants to know if we can print out the Catalog > o...

Change field length in V3.0?
I have a situation where we are trying to map address info from a custom entity to the contact entity. Problem is that they address field for the custom entity was created with only 50 char in length and the address field in contact entity that we are trying to map to is of course 100 chars long. So, if you go to the address attribute in the custom entity it appears that you can change it from 50 to 100....it lets you save that change....BUT, when you try to map the two fields it still throws the message about not being able to map the fields because they aren't identical, etc.... We have...

GP9 Inquiry->Financial->Detail Window
We seems to be having a strange problem in GP9. In the Inquiry->Financial->Detail Window there are the Account Balance and the Total's on the bottom. If I log in as SA they do not appear but most of our users they do. This is also on in that for some users they do not. This is not a customized window in any way and there are not field level security section relevant to this. Is anyone else able to produce this error. Any suggestions on how to fix it. Thank You Alex Reid Systems Analyst Vecima Networks Alex, Unless you have a customization that is only available to selected ...

starting #s with 0
Does anyone know how to enter a number in excel such as 00123 that will stay that way in the cell and not change to 123? Please help me. If you want to use the number as a number (i.e., do math on it), format the cell using Format/Cells/Number/Custom 00000 If instead you just want to display it (as in, say, a part number), you can preformat the cell as Text, or prefix the number with an apostrophe '00123 In article <0cd801c37f3b$0e062e70$a101280a@phx.gbl>, "Jackie" <jackie84528@yahoo.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to enter a number in excel ...

setting up outlook #8
Hi, I am running Vista and I can not get Outlook to correct to my wireless service. Could someone please tell what I can try. Thanks, DK Contact your Internet Service Provider or visit their help site to get the correct server settings and instructions for setting up Outlook. Wireless is your network connection method, not your email provider. Use the Network & Sharing Center in Vista to set up your network connections. "debbie" wrote: > Hi, > I am running Vista and I can not get Outlook to correct to my wireless > service. > Could someone please tell what ...

Gridlines printed in Excel object in Publisher 2002/2003
When I use Publisher 2000 with an Excel object inserted it does not print the cell gridlines no matter what version of Excel is used. If I upgrade Publisher to 2002 or 2003 it suddenly prints the cell gridlines of the embedded Excel worksheet. I have searched TechNet and the Microsoft website, but was unable to find anything on this. (there is no checkmark set to the option to print gridlines in Excel). I would like to upgrade to a newer version of Publisher, but I would like to choose when to print gridlines or not. Thanks for your help. This seems to be a known issue. It's com...

Remote options to CRM 3.0
What are my options to let end users access CRM 3.0 off our regular network? Web Page - Webpage must be SSL, in order to encrypted the data Offline Outlook client Mobile Device Option VPN Thanks, Eric Sabo May also consider Terminal Service/Critix Client. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Sabo, Eric" wrote: > What are my options to let end users access CRM 3.0 off our regular network? > > Web Page - Webpage must be SSL, in order to encrypted the data > Offline Outlook client > M...