GP 8.0 E-Mailing using Non-Acrobat PDF Writer

We are using GP 8.0 and would like to send e-mails as a PDF instead of Plain
Text.  We are using deskPDF which works will all other MS applications
without any problems – however when we try to use GP the PDF e-mail option it
remains grayed out. How dose GP know that a PDFWriter of some type is
installed?  Is there a registry hack or some ini file we can modify to get GP
to recognize deskPDF’s printer.  Also we are using GP on a Citrix Terminal
Server and I just checked the price for Acrobat Elements – the smallest
amount you can order is 100 units at $37.00 or rather $3700 – deskPDF is only
$299 for 20 users. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0
quick (4)

My understanding was that it's actually hard-coded into the GP code that it
will only work with Acrobat, but I don't have any proof of that.  But this
is only for the 'send to pdf' functionality if the report is already printed
to the screen.  Are you able to set the deskPDF as a printer on the Citrix
Server and have your users print to that printer?

--
Victoria Yudin
GP MVP

"Ingram Quick" <Ingram Quick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are using GP 8.0 and would like to send e-mails as a PDF instead of
> Plain
> Text.  We are using deskPDF which works will all other MS applications
> without any problems - however when we try to use GP the PDF e-mail option
> it
> remains grayed out. How dose GP know that a PDFWriter of some type is
> installed?  Is there a registry hack or some ini file we can modify to get
> GP
> to recognize deskPDF's printer.  Also we are using GP on a Citrix Terminal
> Server and I just checked the price for Acrobat Elements - the smallest
> amount you can order is 100 units at $37.00 or rather $3700 - deskPDF is
> only
> $299 for 20 users. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0
victoria (3340)
12/1/2005 11:58:32 PM
Ms. Victoria -

Thanks for the response.

Yes – not only is there a deskPDF printer I created a printer and named it
“PDFWriter” – so from what you are telling me I will then have my users
“print” the invoice to the deskPDF printer and then e-mail.  Not a good
solution though – needless to say I am VERY disappointed with Microsoft on
that one – I did notice a thread after I sent this talking about GP inability
to work with other PDF writers, I guess I will add my comment to that as
well.  Finally – I am not sure if you are better connected that I am but is
there a way you can get some verification about GP being hard coded for Adobe
– if not I understand – just that it would help me in either getting Acrobat
Elements or using the workaround above.

Respectfully –

ingram

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> My understanding was that it's actually hard-coded into the GP code that it
> will only work with Acrobat, but I don't have any proof of that.  But this
> is only for the 'send to pdf' functionality if the report is already printed
> to the screen.  Are you able to set the deskPDF as a printer on the Citrix
> Server and have your users print to that printer?
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> GP MVP
>

> "Ingram Quick" <Ingram Quick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We are using GP 8.0 and would like to send e-mails as a PDF instead of
> > Plain
> > Text.  We are using deskPDF which works will all other MS applications
> > without any problems - however when we try to use GP the PDF e-mail option
> > it
> > remains grayed out. How dose GP know that a PDFWriter of some type is
> > installed?  Is there a registry hack or some ini file we can modify to get
> > GP
> > to recognize deskPDF's printer.  Also we are using GP on a Citrix Terminal
> > Server and I just checked the price for Acrobat Elements - the smallest
> > amount you can order is 100 units at $37.00 or rather $3700 - deskPDF is
> > only
> > $299 for 20 users. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ingram,

I am in the same boat as you and am trying to find a solution.  At this
point, users have to print the document to the PDF Writer and then email from
there. That is a cumbersome process.  It seems as though there is an API call
from GP to the print driver.   Let me know if you come up with a solution and
I will keep you ported as well.

Mike

"Ingram Quick" wrote:

> Ms. Victoria -
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> Yes – not only is there a deskPDF printer I created a printer and named it
> “PDFWriter” – so from what you are telling me I will then have my users
> “print” the invoice to the deskPDF printer and then e-mail.  Not a good
> solution though – needless to say I am VERY disappointed with Microsoft on
> that one – I did notice a thread after I sent this talking about GP inability
> to work with other PDF writers, I guess I will add my comment to that as
> well.  Finally – I am not sure if you are better connected that I am but is
> there a way you can get some verification about GP being hard coded for Adobe
> – if not I understand – just that it would help me in either getting Acrobat
> Elements or using the workaround above.
>
> Respectfully –
>
> ingram
>

> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > My understanding was that it's actually hard-coded into the GP code that it
> > will only work with Acrobat, but I don't have any proof of that.  But this
> > is only for the 'send to pdf' functionality if the report is already printed
> > to the screen.  Are you able to set the deskPDF as a printer on the Citrix
> > Server and have your users print to that printer?
> >
> > --
> > Victoria Yudin
> > GP MVP
> >

> > "Ingram Quick" <Ingram Quick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > We are using GP 8.0 and would like to send e-mails as a PDF instead of
> > > Plain
> > > Text.  We are using deskPDF which works will all other MS applications
> > > without any problems - however when we try to use GP the PDF e-mail option
> > > it
> > > remains grayed out. How dose GP know that a PDFWriter of some type is
> > > installed?  Is there a registry hack or some ini file we can modify to get
> > > GP
> > > to recognize deskPDF's printer.  Also we are using GP on a Citrix Terminal
> > > Server and I just checked the price for Acrobat Elements - the smallest
> > > amount you can order is 100 units at $37.00 or rather $3700 - deskPDF is
> > > only
> > > $299 for 20 users. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0
Herb (18)
12/2/2005 3:59:03 PM
Ingram,

I don't have any better way of verifying that it's hard coded - if you
wanted to make sure, the only thing I can suggest is to start a support
incident.  I can tell you that every single question I have seen on this
topic that was answered by Microsoft technicians always states that the only
PDF writer that will work is Acrobat.

If you're looking specifically for the ability to e-mail invoices, take a
look at Binary Stream's eMailer Manager - maybe it will do what you need:
http://www.binarystream.com/eMailerManager_SOP.asp

--

> Ms. Victoria -
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> Yes - not only is there a deskPDF printer I created a printer and named it
> "PDFWriter" - so from what you are telling me I will then have my users
> "print" the invoice to the deskPDF printer and then e-mail.  Not a good
> solution though - needless to say I am VERY disappointed with Microsoft on
> that one - I did notice a thread after I sent this talking about GP
> inability
> to work with other PDF writers, I guess I will add my comment to that as
> well.  Finally - I am not sure if you are better connected that I am but
> is
> there a way you can get some verification about GP being hard coded for
> Adobe
> - if not I understand - just that it would help me in either getting
> Acrobat
> Elements or using the workaround above.
>
> Respectfully -
>
> ingram
>

> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> My understanding was that it's actually hard-coded into the GP code that
>> it
>> will only work with Acrobat, but I don't have any proof of that.  But
>> this
>> is only for the 'send to pdf' functionality if the report is already
>> printed
>> to the screen.  Are you able to set the deskPDF as a printer on the
>> Citrix
>> Server and have your users print to that printer?
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> GP MVP
>>

>> "Ingram Quick" <Ingram Quick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > We are using GP 8.0 and would like to send e-mails as a PDF instead of
>> > Plain
>> > Text.  We are using deskPDF which works will all other MS applications
>> > without any problems - however when we try to use GP the PDF e-mail
>> > option
>> > it
>> > remains grayed out. How dose GP know that a PDFWriter of some type is
>> > installed?  Is there a registry hack or some ini file we can modify to
>> > get
>> > GP
>> > to recognize deskPDF's printer.  Also we are using GP on a Citrix
>> > Terminal
>> > Server and I just checked the price for Acrobat Elements - the smallest
>> > amount you can order is 100 units at $37.00 or rather $3700 - deskPDF
>> > is
>> > only
>> > $299 for 20 users. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0
victoria (3340)
12/2/2005 4:03:28 PM
Mike,

I too will let you know if I come across anything as well.  Also please take
the time to go to the following post:

	Subject: Great Plains should use PDF writers other than Adobe's

... and vote as well as post.  It seems that MS will respond to post with a
high vote count.  Maybe we can get a response?

Respectfully –

ingram

"Herb" wrote:

> Ingram,
>
> I am in the same boat as you and am trying to find a solution.  At this
> point, users have to print the document to the PDF Writer and then email from
> there. That is a cumbersome process.  It seems as though there is an API call
> from GP to the print driver.   Let me know if you come up with a solution and
> I will keep you ported as well.
>
> Mike
>
> "Ingram Quick" wrote:
>
> > Ms. Victoria -
> >
> > Thanks for the response.
> >
> > Yes – not only is there a deskPDF printer I created a printer and named it
> > “PDFWriter” – so from what you are telling me I will then have my users
> > “print” the invoice to the deskPDF printer and then e-mail.  Not a good
> > solution though – needless to say I am VERY disappointed with Microsoft on
> > that one – I did notice a thread after I sent this talking about GP inability
> > to work with other PDF writers, I guess I will add my comment to that as
> > well.  Finally – I am not sure if you are better connected that I am but is
> > there a way you can get some verification about GP being hard coded for Adobe
> > – if not I understand – just that it would help me in either getting Acrobat
> > Elements or using the workaround above.
> >
> > Respectfully –
> >
> > ingram
> >

> > "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > My understanding was that it's actually hard-coded into the GP code that it
> > > will only work with Acrobat, but I don't have any proof of that.  But this
> > > is only for the 'send to pdf' functionality if the report is already printed
> > > to the screen.  Are you able to set the deskPDF as a printer on the Citrix
> > > Server and have your users print to that printer?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Victoria Yudin
> > > GP MVP
> > >

> > > "Ingram Quick" <Ingram Quick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

MS. Victoria -

I will look into it – I have a workaround for now; however can you have your
clients go to the following link and post:

Ingram,  here is my email address: mikew@emcommunications.com

"Ingram Quick" wrote:

> MS. Victoria -
>
> I will look into it – I have a workaround for now; however can you have your
> clients go to the following link and post:
>
> 	Subject: Great Plains should use PDF writers other than Adobe's
>
> .. and vote as well as post.  It seems that MS will respond to post with a
> high vote count.  Maybe we can get a response?
>
> Respectfully –
>
> ingram
>

> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Ingram,
> >
> > I don't have any better way of verifying that it's hard coded - if you
> > wanted to make sure, the only thing I can suggest is to start a support
> > incident.  I can tell you that every single question I have seen on this
> > topic that was answered by Microsoft technicians always states that the only
> > PDF writer that will work is Acrobat.
> >
> > If you're looking specifically for the ability to e-mail invoices, take a
> > look at Binary Stream's eMailer Manager - maybe it will do what you need:
> > http://www.binarystream.com/eMailerManager_SOP.asp
> >
> > --
> > Victoria Yudin
> > GP MVP
> >

> > "Ingram Quick" <IngramQuick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Ms. Victoria -
> > >
> > > Thanks for the response.
> > >
> > > Yes - not only is there a deskPDF printer I created a printer and named it
> > > "PDFWriter" - so from what you are telling me I will then have my users
> > > "print" the invoice to the deskPDF printer and then e-mail.  Not a good
> > > solution though - needless to say I am VERY disappointed with Microsoft on
> > > that one - I did notice a thread after I sent this talking about GP
> > > inability
> > > to work with other PDF writers, I guess I will add my comment to that as
> > > well.  Finally - I am not sure if you are better connected that I am but
> > > is
> > > there a way you can get some verification about GP being hard coded for
> > > Adobe
> > > - if not I understand - just that it would help me in either getting
> > > Acrobat
> > > Elements or using the workaround above.
> > >
> > > Respectfully -
> > >
> > > ingram

0
Herb (18)
12/2/2005 6:10:02 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_41C5F3A0

Dexterity specifically looks for the Adobe PDFWriter COM class (the 5.0
version of loaded).  For newer versions, I believe it does look to find a
printer called "Acrobat Distiller".  It is possible that renaming your
"deskPDF" printer to "Acrobat Distiller" might enable the send as PDF
option however I doubt that this will work.  Nothing can hurt by trying I
guess.

Patrick
MBS Developer Support

from your issue.

------=_NextPart_0001_41C5F3A0

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Dexterity specifically looks for the Adobe PDFWriter COM class (the 5.0 version of loaded).  For newer versions, I believe it does look to find a printer called "Acrobat Distiller".  It is possible that renaming your "deskPDF" printer to "Acrobat Distiller" might enable the send as PDF option however I doubt that this will work.  Nothing can hurt by trying I guess.
\par
\par
\par Patrick
\par MBS Developer Support
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
\par your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit
\par from your issue.
\par
\par This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_41C5F3A0--

0
prot (52)
12/2/2005 6:41:34 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_42AAE9E2

To update my own post previously,  renaming the printer won't work.
Dexterity actually enumerates the printer and checks the printer driver for
each.  So if it's not "Adobe PDF Converter" it won't be enabled.

The reason we can't just use "any" printer to print to PDF is because we
don't want the PDF application to prompt for a file name.  Adobe 5.0 had an
API for this.  To make it work for Adobe 6.0, that changed and was fairly
difficult to make work.  But to make this happen for every application
would be impossible.  But it has to not prompt for a file because for
automatic emailing (such as RM Statements) that can't happen.

Patrick
MBS Developer Support

from your issue.

------=_NextPart_0001_42AAE9E2

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 To update my own post previously,  renaming the printer won't work.  Dexterity actually enumerates the printer and checks the printer driver for each.  So if it's not "Adobe PDF Converter" it won't be enabled.
\par
\par The reason we can't just use "any" printer to print to PDF is because we don't want the PDF application to prompt for a file name.  Adobe 5.0 had an API for this.  To make it work for Adobe 6.0, that changed and was fairly difficult to make work.  But to make this happen for every application would be impossible.  But it has to not prompt for a file because for automatic emailing (such as RM Statements) that can't happen.
\par
\par
\par Patrick
\par MBS Developer Support
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
\par your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit
\par from your issue.
\par
\par This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_42AAE9E2--

0
prot (52)
12/2/2005 10:51:39 PM
Patrick –

Thanks for the reply; however, I did not get an e-mail indicating a reply
was made – anyway – the information was helpful we will then most likely
develop procedures to use our Fax Server instead.  I would hope that MS would
consider changing GP to better support non adobe products or work directly
with Adobe to include some type of run-time with GP so uses can take
advantage of the E-Mailing feature.

Respectfully –

Ingram

ps: I will be directing a some others to this response as well.

"Patrick[MSFT]" wrote:

> To update my own post previously,  renaming the printer won't work.
> Dexterity actually enumerates the printer and checks the printer driver for
> each.  So if it's not "Adobe PDF Converter" it won't be enabled.
>
> The reason we can't just use "any" printer to print to PDF is because we
> don't want the PDF application to prompt for a file name.  Adobe 5.0 had an
> API for this.  To make it work for Adobe 6.0, that changed and was fairly
> difficult to make work.  But to make this happen for every application
> would be impossible.  But it has to not prompt for a file because for
> automatic emailing (such as RM Statements) that can't happen.
>

> Patrick
> MBS Developer Support

> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
> your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit
> from your issue.

Victoria is correct, it is hard coded in GP.  In fact, you have to match the
version of Acrobat writer to GP.  I know that GP v7.0 would NOT work
with Adobe 6.0 and above while Acrobat 5 worked just fine.

VinceV

"Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
> My understanding was that it's actually hard-coded into the GP code that
> it
> will only work with Acrobat, but I don't have any proof of that.  But this
> is only for the 'send to pdf' functionality if the report is already
> printed
> to the screen.  Are you able to set the deskPDF as a printer on the Citrix
> Server and have your users print to that printer?
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> GP MVP
>

> "Ingram Quick" <Ingram Quick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> We are using GP 8.0 and would like to send e-mails as a PDF instead of
>> Plain
>> Text.  We are using deskPDF which works will all other MS applications
>> without any problems - however when we try to use GP the PDF e-mail
>> option
>> it
>> remains grayed out. How dose GP know that a PDFWriter of some type is
>> installed?  Is there a registry hack or some ini file we can modify to
>> get
>> GP
>> to recognize deskPDF's printer.  Also we are using GP on a Citrix
>> Terminal
>> Server and I just checked the price for Acrobat Elements - the smallest
>> amount you can order is 100 units at $37.00 or rather $3700 - deskPDF is
>> only
>> $299 for 20 users. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0
vpv3787 (9)
12/5/2005 4:44:28 PM
Hi Ingram,

Please checkout Messenger by liaison   www.liaisonsc.com

Messenger automates transmitting all business forms (invoices, SO's, PO's,
etc.) via each customers preference (print,fax and/or email) at the same time
process forms to salspeople, locations, etc. based on the data processed in
GP. Messenger has the pdf creation built in to the product.

Tom

"Ingram Quick" wrote:

> We are using GP 8.0 and would like to send e-mails as a PDF instead of Plain
> Text.  We are using deskPDF which works will all other MS applications
> without any problems – however when we try to use GP the PDF e-mail option it
> remains grayed out. How dose GP know that a PDFWriter of some type is
> installed?  Is there a registry hack or some ini file we can modify to get GP
> to recognize deskPDF’s printer.  Also we are using GP on a Citrix Terminal
> Server and I just checked the price for Acrobat Elements – the smallest
> amount you can order is 100 units at $37.00 or rather $3700 – deskPDF is only
> $299 for 20 users. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0
Tom7430 (437)
2/14/2006 3:48:29 PM
Hi Herb,

"Herb" wrote:

> Ingram,
>
> I am in the same boat as you and am trying to find a solution.  At this
> point, users have to print the document to the PDF Writer and then email from
> there. That is a cumbersome process.  It seems as though there is an API call
> from GP to the print driver.   Let me know if you come up with a solution and
> I will keep you ported as well.
>
> Mike
>
> "Ingram Quick" wrote:
>
> > Ms. Victoria -
> >
> > Thanks for the response.
> >
> > Yes – not only is there a deskPDF printer I created a printer and named it
> > “PDFWriter” – so from what you are telling me I will then have my users
> > “print” the invoice to the deskPDF printer and then e-mail.  Not a good
> > solution though – needless to say I am VERY disappointed with Microsoft on
> > that one – I did notice a thread after I sent this talking about GP inability
> > to work with other PDF writers, I guess I will add my comment to that as
> > well.  Finally – I am not sure if you are better connected that I am but is
> > there a way you can get some verification about GP being hard coded for Adobe
> > – if not I understand – just that it would help me in either getting Acrobat
> > Elements or using the workaround above.
> >
> > Respectfully –
> >
> > ingram
> >

> > "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > My understanding was that it's actually hard-coded into the GP code that it
> > > will only work with Acrobat, but I don't have any proof of that.  But this
> > > is only for the 'send to pdf' functionality if the report is already printed
> > > to the screen.  Are you able to set the deskPDF as a printer on the Citrix
> > > Server and have your users print to that printer?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Victoria Yudin
> > > GP MVP
> > >

> > > "Ingram Quick" <Ingram Quick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Tom7430 (437)
2/14/2006 3:49:28 PM
So is there a way to get the Export to PDF working on GP8 using Acrobat 6.0?
I tried installing Acrobat 5.0 on my server but it will not install due to
the fact is has no LPT ports (what is that all about anyway?). Both my GP
server and my Terminal Server are "legacy free" and do not have a physical
LPT port.

Also: Does Acrobat need to be installed on the GP server, the client or
both? I am trying to get the export to PDF functionality to work on both
local machines and for Terminal Server users. Any and all help would be
appreciated. Thanks.

Tony

"Patrick[MSFT]" wrote:

> To update my own post previously,  renaming the printer won't work.
> Dexterity actually enumerates the printer and checks the printer driver for
> each.  So if it's not "Adobe PDF Converter" it won't be enabled.
>
> The reason we can't just use "any" printer to print to PDF is because we
> don't want the PDF application to prompt for a file name.  Adobe 5.0 had an
> API for this.  To make it work for Adobe 6.0, that changed and was fairly
> difficult to make work.  But to make this happen for every application
> would be impossible.  But it has to not prompt for a file because for
> automatic emailing (such as RM Statements) that can't happen.
>

> Patrick
> MBS Developer Support

> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
> your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit
> from your issue.

Can anyone help me.  I'm using GP version 7.5  How can I email the PO.
Besides printing it and then scanning it and saving it as adobe.  Then I can
email it but that's alot of extra steps to take to email.

"TonyMongiello" wrote:

> So is there a way to get the Export to PDF working on GP8 using Acrobat 6.0?
> I tried installing Acrobat 5.0 on my server but it will not install due to
> the fact is has no LPT ports (what is that all about anyway?). Both my GP
> server and my Terminal Server are "legacy free" and do not have a physical
> LPT port.
>
> Also: Does Acrobat need to be installed on the GP server, the client or
> both? I am trying to get the export to PDF functionality to work on both
> local machines and for Terminal Server users. Any and all help would be
> appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Tony
>
> "Patrick[MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > To update my own post previously,  renaming the printer won't work.
> > Dexterity actually enumerates the printer and checks the printer driver for
> > each.  So if it's not "Adobe PDF Converter" it won't be enabled.
> >
> > The reason we can't just use "any" printer to print to PDF is because we
> > don't want the PDF application to prompt for a file name.  Adobe 5.0 had an
> > API for this.  To make it work for Adobe 6.0, that changed and was fairly
> > difficult to make work.  But to make this happen for every application
> > would be impossible.  But it has to not prompt for a file because for
> > automatic emailing (such as RM Statements) that can't happen.
> >

> > Patrick
> > MBS Developer Support

> > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
> > your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit
> > from your issue.
> >
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

0
Doug4515 (774)
2/22/2007 3:32:20 PM
You could install a freebie PDF creator like PrimoPDF and print to it.
Still isn't ideal but saves the expense of Adobe.

"Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone help me.  I'm using GP version 7.5  How can I email the PO.
> Besides printing it and then scanning it and saving it as adobe.  Then I
> can
> email it but that's alot of extra steps to take to email.
>
> "TonyMongiello" wrote:
>
>> So is there a way to get the Export to PDF working on GP8 using Acrobat
>> 6.0?
>> I tried installing Acrobat 5.0 on my server but it will not install due
>> the fact is has no LPT ports (what is that all about anyway?). Both my GP
>> server and my Terminal Server are "legacy free" and do not have a
>> physical
>> LPT port.
>>
>> Also: Does Acrobat need to be installed on the GP server, the client or
>> both? I am trying to get the export to PDF functionality to work on both
>> local machines and for Terminal Server users. Any and all help would be
>> appreciated. Thanks.
>>
>> Tony
>>
>> "Patrick[MSFT]" wrote:
>>
>> > To update my own post previously,  renaming the printer won't work.
>> > Dexterity actually enumerates the printer and checks the printer driver
>> > for
>> > each.  So if it's not "Adobe PDF Converter" it won't be enabled.
>> >
>> > The reason we can't just use "any" printer to print to PDF is because
>> > we
>> > don't want the PDF application to prompt for a file name.  Adobe 5.0
>> > had an
>> > API for this.  To make it work for Adobe 6.0, that changed and was
>> > fairly
>> > difficult to make work.  But to make this happen for every application
>> > would be impossible.  But it has to not prompt for a file because for
>> > automatic emailing (such as RM Statements) that can't happen.
>> >

>> > Patrick
>> > MBS Developer Support
>> >
>> > =====================================================
>> >
>> > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
>> > your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit
>> > from your issue.
>> > =====================================================

>> > rights

I would need to install this on the server that running GP, right?  Or would
I install it on the pc that are remote in to GP?

How would this work I would go like I'm going to print it and choice print
to PrimoPDF or am I saving it to PrimoPDF?

"Neil Jordan" wrote:

> You could install a freebie PDF creator like PrimoPDF and print to it.
> Still isn't ideal but saves the expense of Adobe.
>
> "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can anyone help me.  I'm using GP version 7.5  How can I email the PO.
> > Besides printing it and then scanning it and saving it as adobe.  Then I
> > can
> > email it but that's alot of extra steps to take to email.
> >
> > "TonyMongiello" wrote:
> >
> >> So is there a way to get the Export to PDF working on GP8 using Acrobat
> >> 6.0?
> >> I tried installing Acrobat 5.0 on my server but it will not install due
> >> the fact is has no LPT ports (what is that all about anyway?). Both my GP
> >> server and my Terminal Server are "legacy free" and do not have a
> >> physical
> >> LPT port.
> >>
> >> Also: Does Acrobat need to be installed on the GP server, the client or
> >> both? I am trying to get the export to PDF functionality to work on both
> >> local machines and for Terminal Server users. Any and all help would be
> >> appreciated. Thanks.
> >>
> >> Tony

0
Doug4515 (774)
2/23/2007 1:14:29 PM
Since you are using Terminal Server, you should be able to put the PDF
printing app in either place. Users print to PDF just like they would
paper. They pick a PDF printer and off it goes. This won't enable the
Send to PDF button in GP.

More info/options here: http://msdynamicsgp.blogspot.com/2007/01/weekly-dynamic-pdf-output.html

Mark (dynamicaccounting.net)

On Feb 23, 8:14 am, Doug <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I would need to install this on the server that running GP, right?  Or would
> I install it on the pc that are remote in to GP?
>
> How would this work I would go like I'm going to print it and choice print
> to PrimoPDF or am I saving it to PrimoPDF?"Neil Jordan" wrote:
> > You could install a freebie PDF creator like PrimoPDF and print to it.
> > Still isn't ideal but saves the expense of Adobe.
>
> > "Doug" <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Can anyone help me.  I'm using GP version 7.5  How can I email the PO.
> > > Besides printing it and then scanning it and saving it as adobe.  Then I
> > > can
> > > email it but that's alot of extra steps to take to email.

0
mpolino (496)

warning mail then password Expired
Hi, I was thinking is there a way, that you can get a warning email 5 days before your user password on the domaine expires ?? "Driogan" <Peter@driogan.dk> wrote in message news:98b39d3f-474a-4b05-8f8a-073f030ea57a@r60g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I was thinking is there a way, that you can get a warning email 5 > days before your user password on the domaine expires ?? There's already a warning that can be set when the User logs on....... On 27 Nov., 11:41, "Gordon" <gbpli...@gmail.com.invalid> wrote: > "Driogan" <Pe...@dr...

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

The Links from e-mails don't work
If I copy the links and insert it into IE 8 it reads it. Trying to link over from an e-mail directly is not working. If I copy the link and go to IE 8.0 the link (URL address) works. It was working before. pgman27 You mean if you click on the link in a message it does nothing, not even an error message? Are you certain IE has all its defaults? Open the Default Programs applet, which you can access either from the Start menu or via the Control Panel, then click the first item: "Set your default programs." After a few seconds, a list of programs comes up. Click on...

Browse for Drive/Dir/File using MFC
Is it possible, in an MFC app, to use one of the standard dialog-based classes/functions to browse for either a drive OR a directory OR a file? Any help appreciated, Steve. Take a look at the SHBrowseForFolder() API. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Steve Carroll" <ctrl@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:#tR$bmdfDHA.696@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is it possible, in an MFC app, to use one of the standard dialog-based > classes/functions to browse for either a drive OR a directory OR a file? > > Any help appreciated...

3.0 Customization
Is it possible in 3.0 to have one set of screens appear for one group of users and another set for another group. For instance, could our service people only see the service screens while our sales people only see the sales screens? I know I can restrict access to different areas, but we want to have a totally different look and feel for each group... Sorry - I dont believe this can be done "Matt Harvey" <rifleman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OR2vU$3GGHA.740@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is it possible in 3.0 to have one set of screens appear for one group of >...

Report CRM 3.0
Hi, I would need to find out the detailed procedure (step by step) to customize a report…. Could anybody inform about any links or documents concerning this issue? Thank's Marco I'm not sure if it's detailed enough, but the technical training manual has a section on creating and customizing reports. You can find it here: http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/using/whatsnewtechnical.mspx HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "Marco Rocca" <Marco Rocca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEF80683-EC26-456C-82C...

How do I setup an SMTP gateway / smart host for Exchange 5.5 internet bound mail
My current setup has a Windows NT 4.0 Exchange 5.5 server setting on our company LAN behind a Microsoft ISA Server. The Exchange server's Internet Mail Connector binds to (I assume this is the proper terms) port 25 on the ISA server for inbound and outbound Internet Mail. Our company has finally upgraded to a new Cisco Pix Firewall which we are able to setup a DMZ on. The suggestion by our ISP is to setup an SMTP gateway in the DMZ and have our internal Exchange server send mail to it destined for the Internet. I am aware that most of the work for making the connections from the SMTP ...

Analysis Cubes Measures & Facts Mismatch Dynamics GP
i am facing the issue that all data is not populated to cube as is available in GP for examples monlthly sales does not match with Dynamics monthly sales for example acccount list in account fact table does not match with Accounts in dynamics gp missing information is also variable somewhere week data is missing and somewhere month data is missing although schedule job for daily update is also scheduled and running successfully Configuration: SQL 2005 Analysis Service Please help!!!! ...

CRM 4.0 Custom Report Filter Problem

Mail Merge Printing collated
When I print a mail merge (I don't use it for mailings and envelopes), Publisher prints out the first 5 records as an individual document then the next 5 as a seperate document, and so forth. Since I often need to make multiple copies of these documents, I end up having to collate them by hand. How can I get Publisher to print the entire merge as one document before printing the second, third, copy? I believe when I had P'03 it would print that way, but when I upgraded to '07 this problem started. You can't... Maybe later with a service pack these printing bugs will b...

=?Utf-8?Q?Default_SMTP_virtual_server_=E2=80=9CCur?= =?Utf-8?Q?rent_Connections=E2=80=9D_Stuck?=
Hello, I have a Lanier email\scanner that will not send via the Exchange 2003 Default SMTP virtual server I can see the connection in the “Current Connections” but it just sit there and never sends. If I change the scanner to send to my old 5.5 server the messages send without a problem. Also other scanners on different subnets are working fine. I did some testing and this is where it gets stuck. 220 emailserver.domain.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790.1830 ready at Tue, 12 Sep 2006 23:03:05 -0400 MAIL FROM:Administrator@domain.com 503 5.5.2 Send hello first Tha...

Video mail VEMAIL.EXE
Just installed VEMAIL.EXE v1.1 and get the message "The fatal error occured" Any tip on how to get this plug in working ? Hi Ant Give up on it - the add-in doesn't work. >-----Original Message----- >Just installed VEMAIL.EXE > v1.1 and get the message "The fatal error occured" >Any tip on how to get this plug in working ? >. > ...

Not using zeros in graphing.
I have a running workbook that has tons of information. I have added a sum page in order to have all the data summed up in one simple place. I have formulas that read back into the workbook to link to a cell. Depending on what moth it is, that cell could be empty as it is a yearly wookbook. For example, if this is August, then there is information in the workbook up to August, but none after. With that said, the sum page has the #DIV/0! in the cell which essentially equals zero. I also have graphs that I have linked to this sum page. My problem is in order to keep the graphs up to...

Excel 2002 converts 'S' to 0 when pasting from Clipboard
I came across the following problem: I copied some tabular data from IBM Personal Communications into the clipboard (yes, I am still a user of good old 3270 applications). Then I pasted the data into Microsoft Excel 2002 and all cells containing a 'S' became a '0' (number zero). Next I did some tests and found out that every single uppercase 'S' that is transferred to Excel using copy/paste is translated to '0'. This would not happen with other letters or with words containing an 'S'. Using 'Paste special' I can choose to insert my Clipboard a...

using vba so search multiple Sheets

How do I import from LotusOrg 6.0?Import command only has 5.0
I am trying to import my calendar data from Lotus Org V6.X. Under the file command, it will only import from V5.X. Does anybody have any help for me since I would like to convert to Outlook from Lotus Organizer. Don Kiamie donalbert@mindspring.com In news:32C8F514-3EA5-4802-B1A4-F9C66E77293A@microsoft.com, DonAlbert <DonAlbert@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I am trying to import my calendar data from Lotus Org V6.X. Under > the file command, it will only import from V5.X. Does anybody have > any help for me since I would like to convert to Outlook from Lotus > ...

make outlook automatically delete html mail with linked images
The junk mail filter should be able to automatically delete html mail with linked images ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9e1b783b-c9c1-44f2-a1dd-93da59216c56&dg=microsoft.public.outloo...

DPM and VMM on same server using side-by-side SQL installation
Windows 2008 Std R2 Server, 64bit VMM 2007 is currently installed (with the built-in default database) SQL 2005 Express Edition, SP3, 32bit. I was advised by Microsoft that both VMM and DPM could be installed on the same server (small DR environment) The VMs are hosted on a Windows 2008 Enterprise Server w/ VS2005R2 - because the hardware didn't support HyperV. VMM works great to manage the Windows 2008 VS2005R2 Host running Win2K3 server instances ... after lots of trial and error. Now, I need to install DPM 2007 onto the same server... DPM wants to install the 64bit vers...

GP Slow Performance
Dear Support, Exactly from last 4 days users started complaining about GP Performance. The login, Company selection, Home page and lookup windows are taking too much time. We are using Citrix for remote users and have 2 Citrix servers in our environment and the complaints are from one Citrix server only. No complaints from other Citrix server users more over are happy after I switched from trouble server to the next one. I tired all what possible from my side but my efforts go unsuccessful. I request you to please advise how I could resolve this issue. Thanks In Advance Best Regards Mansoo...