GP 8.0 and SQL 2000 SP4?

We're humming along on SQL2000 SP3a and my server, users, and network
administrator are very happy.  Today I realized SP4 has been available for
over 6 months (usually I'm on top of these things)!  I know that 9.0 is just
around the corner and will support SQL 2005, but we're probably gonna put off
this upgrade until late 2006.  Soo...in the meantime I'm trying to decide is
I should upgrade to SP4.  I found a document on CustomerSource that tells me
GP 8.0 works fine with SP4....anyone had any problems with this?  ANY
suggestions / comments are much appreciated.....just checking before I kick
my users off early today so I can do the upgrade.
0
McLelland (3)

Matt, We upgraded to SP4. Works great on GP 8.0. No known issues that I know
of. You would be better of upgrading to SP4 because it has more security
features to SQL Server. Make sure you know how to roll down the upgrade to
SP3.0 in case SP4.0 fails on the server (for whatever reasons).

Hope it helps

Girish

"Matt McLelland" wrote:

> We're humming along on SQL2000 SP3a and my server, users, and network
> administrator are very happy.  Today I realized SP4 has been available for
> over 6 months (usually I'm on top of these things)!  I know that 9.0 is just
> around the corner and will support SQL 2005, but we're probably gonna put off
> this upgrade until late 2006.  Soo...in the meantime I'm trying to decide is
> I should upgrade to SP4.  I found a document on CustomerSource that tells me
> GP 8.0 works fine with SP4....anyone had any problems with this?  ANY
> suggestions / comments are much appreciated.....just checking before I kick
> my users off early today so I can do the upgrade.

Any reason CurrentDb.TableDefs(0).Connect returns empty sting in Access 2007?
I use the function below to return the server or database name for various uses. However, now that we've switched to 2007 the line CurrentDb.TableDefs(0).Connect which used to return the connection string is returning an empty string. Any ideas? Thanks, Jeremy Function GetConnectionProperty(ServerOrDatabase As String) As String ' Returns name of connected server if "Server" passed in. ' Retuns name of connected Database if "Database" passed in. Dim sConnectionString As String Dim aConnectionPieces() As String Dim sConnectionPiece As String Dim i As ...

Trying to get GP 2010 DVD, avail to dl?
We never received the media, however we are pressed for time for the installation. Does MS have a download link for the DVD? I figure this shouldnt be much of an issue since its still reg key dependent. Thanks Checkout article below in the Inside Dynamics GP blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/gp/archive/2010/05/03/download-available-for-microsoft-dynamics-gp-2010.aspx -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mohdaoud@gmail.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Stephen Schilling" <StephenSchilling@discussions.microso...

Increase data type size in GP table?
I don't know whether this is supported or not, but we're planning to roll out the HR module on GP9, and one of the fields that is missing for job applicants is an email address. We'd like to use an extra field to hold this data, but the field length is too short to adequately contain that information. I'm wondering if I can change the length defined in the SQL table structure for that particular column, or, if doing so will likely mess up something else (stored procedures, mappings, etc.). Any thoughts? Thanks in advance! Technically, yes. However, if you do that, you...

restoring exchange 2000 SBS stores to a differnt exchange box...
We are looking at dumping our SBS 2000 box and would like to set up a different win2K box with just the std version of exchange 2000 until such time as we can afford to upgrade to the newest version of exchange. I need to get this up and running asap.Can I setup my new win2k server, running the regular version of exchange 2000 and then once setup restore my sbs exchange 2000 information stores to this new box running the regular version of exchange 2000?? Are the information stores in the sbs 2000 version of exchange the same as the std version of exchange 2000 or will I run ...

Budget Forecast in GP
I working with GP 7.0 FRX 6.5 I created a Budget Forecast yesterday now today I want to see it in FRx and I can not see it. I know I'm doing something wrong but just don't know what I'm doing wrong. What do I need to do to see it in FRx? Thank you, In your column layout, create a GL column, select the Budget in Book. If you have already done this, you may need to "Build Local GL Index" under Admin. "KBrown" wrote: > I working with GP 7.0 FRX 6.5 > I created a Budget Forecast yesterday now today I want to see it in FRx and > I can not see it...

Microsoft Dynamics GP Version 10 info required
Hi All, Just wanted to know if Microsoft Dynamics GP 10 is out in the market , and is available to the users . Or likely date that it will be launched. Thanks in Advance Asma Version 10 is not yet out in the market. Developers have copies but VARs have not yet been issued demo copies. It is expected that this version will release in June. If you are considering the purchase of Dynamics GP, purchase and install V9. I never recommend new releases until after a few months of run time to work out the kinks. Anyone that purchases now will get the upgrade to 10 as part of their suppor...

SQL options and new upgrade GP9.0 (from GP7.5)
Here is my problem after I upgraded to GP9.0. I need to add a user with GP, unless I refresh its password (in SQL Enterprise Manager) and re-define its properties, I cannot use it to access GP moreover, use SQL resources. I also discoverred that DYNGRP dont have permissions on some of the GP tables. Also when I change the password in GP. It does not update the one used in SQL. Why is that? How can I correct this issue? If you create a user in GP the password is encrytped by GP so that the password that is sent to SQL is not the same. This is why a GP user can not do anything in SQL...

Problems with CRM 3.0 Reports
Hi, I am having problems opening reports from the web client direct from the CRM server. When i ckick reports either in My Workplace the following message occurs: Reports.config has invalid schema, and could not be loaded. Any ideas what might be the problem? Note: I have not implemented Microsoft CRM myself, but one of our partners, so I know little about the install process. Hi, If you are running sqlserver 2005, the following could help: - log on to your server - start - all programs - microsoft sql server 2005 - configuration tools - reporting services configuration - connect to...

Allowing Vendor to Place SQL Server Instance w/o giving customer a
We have a vertical market vendor who we bought a program requesting to place a separate SQL Server instance on our server without giving us admin rights. I understand that they want to protect their schema and want to keep us from writing to the DB, but I feel very uncomfortable with this. What would you do? Thanks. Eds Ask, what if the their queries will cause perfromance degradation and it will affect your production.... what would you do? At our company we dictate to vendor on what server to set up their program and they given very limited login to operate only with t...

Upgrade from Win ME to XP replace Outlook 2000 mail
I've upgraded from Win ME to XP home, and beforehand I saved the files from Windows/application data, etc., to a file folder. Now that I haave XP up and running, Office and Outlook installed, I can't find the file folder to replace the files to access the archieved and late mail? Can someone help me fine the folder to replace the files? thank you Very Much! ...

NEED HELP!!!!!! CRM 3.0 Outlook Client error
I have two users with problem. They frequently are getting asked for their credentials when accessing CRM via their Outlook. The options are not set to have them prompt for their credentials. If when you supply the system with valid credentials, the system again another 5-7 times before throwing an error or let you in. But if the system lets you in, it will ask again when you try to navigate somewhere else. I have added the CRM url to the Intranet sites and have the option to automatically logon for Intranet sites in IE7. Both users are the new version for CRM 3.0 that is com...

Change field length in V3.0?
I have a situation where we are trying to map address info from a custom entity to the contact entity. Problem is that they address field for the custom entity was created with only 50 char in length and the address field in contact entity that we are trying to map to is of course 100 chars long. So, if you go to the address attribute in the custom entity it appears that you can change it from 50 to 100....it lets you save that change....BUT, when you try to map the two fields it still throws the message about not being able to map the fields because they aren't identical, etc.... We have...

Prevent Copying of Excel Workbooks in 2000 and 2003.
Is there a way of preveting a user to copy an excel workbook to a different folder location? We have excel spreadsheets saved in our company network and the locations are the one safe source of information. These workbooks contain data which is linked to other workbooks so it is importnat the files are not renamed nor moved to a different folder. No matter how much I communicate this, some people insist on doing it. I know there is VBA code which can disable the use of 'Save-As' so that the files cannot be saved in a different location. However this does not prevent ...

starting #s with 0
Does anyone know how to enter a number in excel such as 00123 that will stay that way in the cell and not change to 123? Please help me. If you want to use the number as a number (i.e., do math on it), format the cell using Format/Cells/Number/Custom 00000 If instead you just want to display it (as in, say, a part number), you can preformat the cell as Text, or prefix the number with an apostrophe '00123 In article <0cd801c37f3b$0e062e70$a101280a@phx.gbl>, "Jackie" <jackie84528@yahoo.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to enter a number in excel ...

Remote options to CRM 3.0
What are my options to let end users access CRM 3.0 off our regular network? Web Page - Webpage must be SSL, in order to encrypted the data Offline Outlook client Mobile Device Option VPN Thanks, Eric Sabo May also consider Terminal Service/Critix Client. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Sabo, Eric" wrote: > What are my options to let end users access CRM 3.0 off our regular network? > > Web Page - Webpage must be SSL, in order to encrypted the data > Offline Outlook client > M...

Reason & For MSMoney 2000 Gone in 2004
Is it true the reason & for categories are gone in 2004? I was going to upgrade to 2004 but noticed those transaction classifications missing. Is it a setup option I missed? Sorry I wasn't clear it was MS's version of Intuit classes. "x" <xy@xy.com> wrote in message news:OwFzZqL9DHA.2604@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is it true the reason & for categories are gone in 2004? I was going to > upgrade to 2004 but noticed those transaction classifications missing. Is > it a setup option I missed? > > OK, I am idiot I found it... I named "Cl...

setting up outlook #8
Hi, I am running Vista and I can not get Outlook to correct to my wireless service. Could someone please tell what I can try. Thanks, DK Contact your Internet Service Provider or visit their help site to get the correct server settings and instructions for setting up Outlook. Wireless is your network connection method, not your email provider. Use the Network & Sharing Center in Vista to set up your network connections. "debbie" wrote: > Hi, > I am running Vista and I can not get Outlook to correct to my wireless > service. > Could someone please tell what ...

Moving tabs in IE 8
In IE 7 my tabs can be moved sideways, is that original or cause of my IE7 Pro? Can tabs be placed in IE 8's bottom also, as in Avant? (Cant find any IE 8 group) "Anton" <nospam_to@n.ton> wrote in message news:eqJm6STqKHA.3464@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > In IE 7 my tabs can be moved sideways, is that original or cause of my IE7 > Pro? You can certainly move tabs sideways in IE8 > > Can tabs be placed in IE 8's bottom also, as in Avant? No not natively > > (Cant find any IE 8 group) > This is it! "...

Migration 7.5 to 8
WE are having problems here with after we migrated to dynamics 8 with printing checks etc. We kept our old version of dynamics on a server and the older client on our users machines, so when we try to use our old system we get and error message stating "your are using an old version of dynamics.dic a newer version is currently running on the network" and it shuts down. Any tips on how to go back to our older version? Martin, You need to point the old (7.5) client on the user machine to the old (7.5) data on the server for this to work. If you did an in-place upgrade, the...

Outlook 2000 delay on opening
Sometimes Outlook 2000 hangs when opening, it can take 5- 10 minutes to open. If you look at task manager it says that Outlook is not responding, but if you wait 5-10 minutes it opens and works fine. This is on a network, with Exchange server, and all the clients are using W2000, and this happens intermittently for all of the clients. Has anyone experienced this and found a cure? If all other programs on the network are working OK and with good speed, then the problem is either Exchange or Outlook. If some of the users are doing fine, it's likely that Outlook is the culprit (unless...

how do I set availability at less than 8 hours per day?
As much as we would otherwise prefer, our team spends less than 100% of our time each week dedicated to projects. In reality, we're about 60% projects and 40% support. We also tend to work on several smaller projects at the same time, rather than one large project. Is there a way to set Project to have the work day reflect the number of hours that are available for project work, then assign a percent availability to use the number of project hours? When I tried to set the standard calendar to a 5 hour work day, and allocated a resource at 50%, they showed as working 4 hou...

how can i create square-edged windows under XP (using 6.0.0.0 common controlsl)?
Does anyone know how to create square-edged windows under XP with the same style as the "DOS prompt" or "CMD" windows? I've noticed that one demo app I have actually changes style from the new XP windows to the same style as the "CMD" window on the fly - i don't need this level of flexibility but i'm using sticky/docking windows so I really need a square window style to work with. The EX_TOOLWINDOW style is a welcome step in the right direction because it's got a nice square border and the title-bar is slightly smaller than usual but it wil...

SQL Query to transform/group data by Date
Hi, I have a large Access table with data organised as follows: Field1: Code Field2: Date Field3: Value1 Field4: Value2 There are seveal different codes and therefore duplicate dates. I'd like to run a query to bring back each code grouped by date and so put the codes along the top as feilds. For example the query below brings back the following data for two codes. SELECT field2, field1, field3 FROM Data WHERE field1 In ('LLOY','RSA'); 21/01/05, LLOY, 12454 22/01/05, LLOY, 31541 21/01/05, RSA, 21241 22/01/05, RSA, 12414 Instead I want the data to look like this: ...

EXCEL 2003 #8
Can I take the contents ("WD4") of a cell (A2)on Sheet1, look for a match of the code ("WD4") on Sheet2 in cells A1-A20, and return the coresponding text in B1-B20 on Sheet2 to cell B2 on Sheet1. On Sheet1: =INDEX(B1:B20,MATCH(A2,Sheet2!A1:A20,0)) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:582672AF-9360-4525-9F8F-9C236D08A1A7@microsoft.com... > Can I take the contents ("WD4") of a cell (A2)on Sheet1, look for a match > of > the code ("WD4") on Sheet2 i...

SQL Server 2005 CAL question
If I have 1 HQ Server with with 2 HQ Clients, how many CALS do I need at the HQ server. Thanks in advance. Phil get a min of 5 cals Its not only the clients to think about its also any office PC that connects to SQL. "Phil V" <PhilV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E2F3590-032F-4B4C-9CEC-5A6A6BC7F46D@microsoft.com... > If I have 1 HQ Server with with 2 HQ Clients, how many CALS do I need at > the > HQ server. Thanks in advance. > > Phil ...