GP 7.5 and Acrobat 6.0

Are these two compatible? I have been able to print to the PDF printer in the
past, but every now and then it doesnt work. I get a printer error.

Would this be less of an issue if I installed an older version of Acrobat?

If I upgraded Great Plains, what version of Acrobat would I need then?

Please help...

Chris
0
chrishoche (28)

There was a problem with Adobe v6, but it was supposedly fixed in a 7.5
service pack.  Are you on the latest sp?

"Chris" <chrishoche@odysseylogistics.com> wrote in message
> Are these two compatible? I have been able to print to the PDF printer in
the
> past, but every now and then it doesnt work. I get a printer error.
>
> Would this be less of an issue if I installed an older version of Acrobat?
>
> If I upgraded Great Plains, what version of Acrobat would I need then?
>
> Please help...
>
> Chris

0
jed9769 (25)
2/3/2005 7:23:35 PM
Do you mean a GP service pack or an Adobe service pack? I dont know if we
have the latest updates for Great Plains...

"Jed Perlowin" wrote:

> There was a problem with Adobe v6, but it was supposedly fixed in a 7.5
> service pack.  Are you on the latest sp?
>
> "Chris" <chrishoche@odysseylogistics.com> wrote in message
> > Are these two compatible? I have been able to print to the PDF printer in
> the
> > past, but every now and then it doesnt work. I get a printer error.
> >
> > Would this be less of an issue if I installed an older version of Acrobat?
> >
> > If I upgraded Great Plains, what version of Acrobat would I need then?
> >
> > Please help...
> >
> > Chris

0
chrishoche (28)
2/3/2005 7:43:02 PM
If you set your Great Plains printer to Adobe PDF (in File | Print Setup)
then you should be able to print any report to a PDF instead of the printer,
no matter what service pack of GP 7.5 you're on.  If you want to print a
report to the screen and then use the Send to PDF functionality you need to
have GP 7.5 SP 6 or GP 8.

Hope that helps.
--
Victoria Yudin
Microsoft MVP - Great Plains

> Do you mean a GP service pack or an Adobe service pack? I dont know if we
> have the latest updates for Great Plains...
>
> "Jed Perlowin" wrote:
>
>> There was a problem with Adobe v6, but it was supposedly fixed in a 7.5
>> service pack.  Are you on the latest sp?
>>
>> "Chris" <chrishoche@odysseylogistics.com> wrote in message
>> > Are these two compatible? I have been able to print to the PDF printer
>> > in
>> the
>> > past, but every now and then it doesnt work. I get a printer error.
>> >
>> > Would this be less of an issue if I installed an older version of
>> > Acrobat?
>> >
>> > If I upgraded Great Plains, what version of Acrobat would I need then?
>> >
>> > Please help...
>> >
>> > Chris

0
victoria (3340)

adding a new item to existing matrix in rms 2.0
how come when you add an item to an existhing matrix non of the information is being forward from the main matrix (ex. supplier, price, cost, reorder #, barcode format, etc.) even the size, color, and 3rd dimention that you entered to the new item is not being fowarded. what is going on with 2.0 thank jack I think the Matrix is still is a little buggy.. Get all hotfixed up and see if the helps. There have been 3 for 2.0 hotfixes already. "jack" <jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45CB84DE-B9B1-4DAC-9043-D8120CB44472@microsoft.com... > how come...

CRM 4.0 queue issue
Hi, I've run into this in CRM 3.0 (and honestly, I don't know what I did to fix it). But now it's happening in CRM 4.0. I have a queue, and a user with an email address. I want all email that is sent to this user to also appear in the CRM queue. I have it working, it's just that I'm getting everything twice. Once as an email from the original sender, and once from the recipient to the recipient, with the original email as an attachment. For example, kbriscoe@domain.com sends an email to ITSupport@domain.com (Our queue's email address is ITSupport@domain.com). T...

Threads #7
I was wondering if someone could tell me how to implement a couple of threads. I have an MFC application which launches a Command line application using 4 different commandline arguments. This works fine using CreateProcess, but I also want to update a progress bar to the amount of how long the command line application stays active. I created a thread to update the progress bar and it works, but I can't figure out how to update the progress bar at the same time that the exernal process is active. The program always waits until the process is complete before updating the progres...

grid_container.aspx equivalent in 3.0
I was wondering if anyone knew of the 3.0 equivalent of grid_container.aspx in MSCRM 3.0. In 1.2 it was so easy just to link to that page, and pass in the view id to display a view from a third-party app (http://localhost/_grid/grid_container.aspx?viewId={DCF11D6A-4EAB-40C8-801A-0132C5FF092F}). It appears there is not the same concept in 3.0. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Thanks They (aka me :-) ) rewrote the grids in CRM 3.0 and they no longer use IFRAMEs. Instead the first page load just renders the HTML inline into a DIV. For subsequent loads (like paging, sorting and ...

CRM 4.0: WebSite deployment problem
CRM 4.0: I cannot deploy my WebSite in the CRM WebSite, below is the error: 'Microsoft.Crm.WebServices.Crm2007.MultipleOrganizationSoapHeaderAuthentica­tionProvider, Microsoft.Crm.WebServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' doesn't exist. Parameter name: Microsoft.Crm.WebServices.Crm2007.MultipleOrganizationSoapHeaderAuthenticat­ionProvider, Microsoft.Crm.WebServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35 Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request....

Microsoft CRM 3.0 (KB922815) Installation Error
When i try to install Update Rollup 1 for MSCRM 3.0 i get following error. Setup could not find Microsoft CRM 3.0 Server or you have a mismatch between update language and Microsoft CRM language. The installation of this update has stopped. Is this rollup language dependent? I have a swedish installation of MSCRM. Thanks! // Mats ------=_NextPart_0001_11F19277 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Yes this rollup is language dependent. You need to install SVE(swedish - sweden) UR1 package. Thanks, Indira Dhingra This posting is provided "AS IS" with no...

CRM 3.0 internal recipients don't recieve mails
Hi everybody... We've installed CRM 3.0, including the Exchange Route Component on an Exchange Server 2003. Inbound and outbound mails, mail tracking and so on are working correctly, but if someone sends an email using the CRM WebInterface or the CRM Outlook Client and uses an email-recipient of our internal domain (e.g. as TO, CC or BCC with adress username@mydomain.com) the mail is not send. An activity that describes that email ist correctly generated by the CRM, but the mail itself is not send to any of the listed recipients, if at least one of them belongs to our domain. Doe...

2003 recipient policy for exchange 5.5
Can a recipient policy created on 2003 to purge mail in the deleted items folder also be used for exchange 5.5 in the same site? John Stimpson On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 22:16:19 -0500, "John Stimpson" <johnstimpson@tupperware.com> wrote: >Can a recipient policy created on 2003 to purge mail in the deleted items >folder also be used for exchange 5.5 in the same site? > >John Stimpson > I would say not. There is the Mailbox Manager feature in 5.5. Are you able to use that or did you just want something with a single interface? ...

HELP with Office 2004 not loading after installing Adobe Acrobat 7.
Hi, Word, Excel and Powerpoint won�t launch anymore after installing Adobe Acrobat 7. I checked on office/startup and the three folders are empty. All I get is window telling me that app couldn�t launch.. Error reporting. Is there a way to fix this? I don�t want to reinstall OSX. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office several times to no avail. Entourage launches fine. Thanks, AJ There are troubleshooting techniques linked from this page, work through them: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/ see General Troubleshooting and Troubleshooting for Office 2004 If they get to the splash sc...

MS CRM 4.0 Rollup 2 error Data ProductInfo.ExistingLanguage is not available
Recently upgraded to CRM 4.0. Details are as follows - CRM is on premise - 60 Outlook clients - 32 bit server w/ SRS and Exchange router on CRM server - 64 bit DB CRM 4.0 upgrade goes well. Server application of Rollup 2 works fine. Most of my 60 Outlook clients are getting a popup upon running the rollup 2 .EXE: "Data ProductInfo.ExistingLanguage is not available" These are all US English installs (language id 1033). This is not a multi-language install. All users were made "local admins" for the purpose of the client upgrade to 4.0 as well as the rollup install. About...

Best book for learning MFC/VC 7.1 for developing rich GUI apps ?
Hi, I am a C/C++ developer of quite a few yesrs, although I am relatively new to Windows (Unix background). I am about to begin work on a project that would require me to develop several GUI rich frontend applications. I would like to hear from developers ou there if there is a book they would recommend, to help me hit the ground running - i.e. a book that is NOT an introductory text on programming/C++ but rather one that dives straight in and shows how to create front ends (possibly widgets etc) - using the VC IDE, one that covers all I need to know about MFC to start working on a re...

Media players opens and keeps trying to refresh about 5 times a mi
I have done numerous spyware chaecks all showing nothing detected I have eliminated any options in the media player that would have it trying to check for updates or web items. Completely at a loss and extremely unhappy the microsoft site does not have an answer. Acer Exyenza Laptop with Win XP , Office 07 and player 11 any help guys? in the time in took to type this meassage the player popped up three times Try disabling (unchecking) all active WMP plug-ins in WMP's Options. If you download and run Process Explorer - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb8...

Importing Item from RMS to GP
Hi All, I am trying to import an inventory item from RMS to GP using Transactions --> Retail Management --> Item Import. The problem is the item is importing properly to GP but the quantity is not updating in GP Inventory. How to import an item with quantity in GP? Please Help. Thanks, Prakash ...

=?Utf-8?Q?Can_I_Change_to_foreign_currency?= =?Utf-8?Q?_in_Microsoft_Dynamics_=E2=80=93_POS_2.0?= =?Utf-8?Q?=3F?=
Microsoft Dynamics – POS 2.0 just released recently and I would like to know if it is possible to change the default US dollar currency? Also if it is possible to add three decimal places for selling price? Thanks in advance As a US only release, POS 2.0 doesn't support changing the default currency. Three decimal price is supported as an item option. - Jeff "Ba6a6y" <Ba6a6y@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1027D294-80EB-4C27-8FAD-42B8CF38801A@microsoft.com... > Microsoft Dynamics – POS 2.0 just released recently and I would like to > know ...

Cannot view any form in crm 3.0
We have just installed CRM 3.0 on MS server 2003. I have created an account which has a system administrator role assigned to it. The issue is that when I open CRM web (on the server) when I select account, contact, activities, calendar etc... I get the following error: An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator. Now if I open CRM web using an account which has restricted access mode ticked, I don't get any errors, everything opens fine. The problem is that with an restricted access code i can't do much. I have tried assigning different roles ...

Outlook 2002 Calendar #5
how do I get national and Jewish holidays for 2006? http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/missinghol.htm and if you need more than are listed in the holiday list, see http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/holidays.htm for additional lists. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook new...

Converting Adobe PageMaker 6.5 files
Does anyone know if you can convert Adobe PageMaker version 6.5 files so that I can use MS Publisher 2007 to edit these files? I suspect the only way is the copy/paste solution. If you don't have PageMaker, maybe Adobe has help. There is a forum here that might have a solution: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/460491;jsessionid=39FEE1914BD4E0C9DF28733ADF71F413.node0?tstart=0 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "SmithinSA" <SmithinSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CCB0500-7E15-4EDC-BC04-775B41F13D8F@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if you can ...

Reset all inventory to 0
Is there a way to reset all the inventory for all the products while keeping all the products in the database? I would like to save time by taking the database from location 1 to location 2 and use the same database, but set the inventory of location 2 to 0. That way I will have the database that I want and the inventory can be added to the database after it is delivered to the store. Thanks, Tom Tom, You could always run an SQL script to reset the Quantity and Quantity Committed fields to 0 in the Item table, but if this is a 2nd location you are setting up you might need to a diffe...

CRM 3.0 SDK Web Services
Hi I am writing a small data migration tool to migrate account and contact data. I have approximate 1500 accounts and 6000 contacts to import to CRM 3.0. I finished the application and ran the data migration, I will able to migrate all of the account records without any problem at all. when I run the contact migration, it can migrate 2800 contact records when it get over 2800, my application throw me the following error message: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. I am running CRM 3.0, SQL server and my data migration on the same server. I am wonder w...

MS CRM 1.2 or 3.0 for Help Desk Ticketing solution
Does anyone use this for a Ticketing program? I know we have the customer service module but have never used it. Is there any documentation on how to set it up as a help desk solution. Thanks Todd Yes , U can surely do this by making a case and the case number can be considered a s Ticket number. You will have to dive deep into the whole process to map it to CRM Rgds SAM "Todd" wrote: > Does anyone use this for a Ticketing program? I know we have the customer > service module but have never used it. Is there any documentation on how to > set it up as a help desk ...

Client Support Module / add-in for CRM 3.0?
We are a software company, and we just implemented CRM 3.0 for the sales staff. We are still using Lotus Notes for our support staff, and were curious if there is a module that we could get for CRM to be able to handle the Support staff as well? This would need to be able to handle creating support tickets, allowing for updating, and cut and paste of screen shots. If anyone is familiar with something in this line, please let me know... I would love to decommission Lotus Notes in the very near future. Thanks ...

Great Plains 8.0 Evaluation CD
I have downloaded the CD using my MSDN subscription to evaluavate the product. But I am not able to read any documentation (neither PDF nor .CHM) files. Its giving me errors. I tried using both Acrobat 6.0 and 5.0 . Acrobat says files may be corrupted and when I tried opening .CHM files its says cannot open the file mk:@MSITstore: <file path> Any idea ? Please advise. Sakeer ...

Attachments in GP 10.0
When we attach pdf's and other documents in GP, we are attaching them as ole links. This works for the user that attaches the document, but none of our other users are able to see the attachments (are we attaching them incorrectly?). What is the best way to attach documents in GP so that all your users can view them? Thanks. Have set the OLE path in DEX.ini to a shared folder on your network? Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mohdaoud@gmail.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "mlkenneth" wrote: ...

CRM v3.0 Professional Install onto SBS
Would it be possible to install Microsoft CRM v3.0 Professional Edition onto Small Business Server 2003? Surely the Faxing should still work for CRM v3.0 Pro? It is possible but the faxing will NOT work. SBS and Pro are different on that issue Why would you want to? The SBS version is a SUPERSET of the Professional version. It includes all of the Professional version plus native faxing through SBS and additional wizards to make install a breeze. You may also have a problem when you attempt to put in the license key for Pro on a SBS server during install. (ie: Ir woun't let you in...

Excell Version 7.0 (1985-1995)
So I've been quite content using this old version of Excel for some time. Now someone has sent me an .xls file that I can't open because my version is too old. I really don't want to spend $500 in software just to open this file. Is Excel 2000 still for sale? Or... What do I do? Thanx, Charlie Ask the originator of the file to save it in the xl5/xl95 format and resend it to you. If you just want to look at it, you can download the free viewer software at http://www.microsoft.com/office go to downloads. Regards, Tom Ogilvy Charlie <acscott@aol.com> wrote in message ...