GP 10.0 Security - Purchase Order Entry Window - Opening

I'm frustrated and looking for help.  The problem is that users are being
given the error message

"You don't have security privileges to open this window.  Contact your
system administrator for assistance."

when opening the Purchase Order Entry window.  When users click OK on this
message, the Purchase Order Entry window opens.  One of the users does not
see this message (it appears on other machines while using that user's login)
on his office system.  So, it appears as though he can't open the window.

As a temporary fix I've assigned him to the POWERUSER group and the message
does not appear and have been working on identifying the security setting
that is causing this behavior.

I've created test versions of these objects:  Security Task, Security Role,
User.  Thinking that I could just enable the entire Purchasing Series
(windows, files and reports) and gradually remove permissions until I find
the one that trips the error.

That didn't work.  So then I re-evaluated the problem and determined that
since the window was opening after the modal dialogue is dismissed then the
modal dialogue isn't referencing the PO Entry window, but some other object
which is being called by the PO Entry window opening.

So, I began enabling various other series and modules.  I've enabled them
all and the error still occurs.

So, the only information I have is that people in the POWERUSER group are
not affected and that the error began this monday (8/24.)

Does anyone have any guidance?

Thank you!
0
fgw (54)

Strike that POWERUSER exception.  It's happening to them as well.

"-fgw" wrote:

> I'm frustrated and looking for help.  The problem is that users are being
> given the error message
>
> "You don't have security privileges to open this window.  Contact your
> system administrator for assistance."
>
> when opening the Purchase Order Entry window.  When users click OK on this
> message, the Purchase Order Entry window opens.  One of the users does not
> see this message (it appears on other machines while using that user's login)
> on his office system.  So, it appears as though he can't open the window.
>
> As a temporary fix I've assigned him to the POWERUSER group and the message
> does not appear and have been working on identifying the security setting
> that is causing this behavior.
>
> I've created test versions of these objects:  Security Task, Security Role,
> User.  Thinking that I could just enable the entire Purchasing Series
> (windows, files and reports) and gradually remove permissions until I find
> the one that trips the error.
>
> That didn't work.  So then I re-evaluated the problem and determined that
> since the window was opening after the modal dialogue is dismissed then the
> modal dialogue isn't referencing the PO Entry window, but some other object
> which is being called by the PO Entry window opening.
>
> So, I began enabling various other series and modules.  I've enabled them
> all and the error still occurs.
>
> So, the only information I have is that people in the POWERUSER group are
> not affected and that the error began this monday (8/24.)
>
> Does anyone have any guidance?
>
> Thank you!
0
fgw (54)
8/30/2007 9:04:01 PM
bAH!  My brain is melting.  the POWERUSER exception exists.... anyone know
how to delete posts?

"-fgw" wrote:

> Strike that POWERUSER exception.  It's happening to them as well.
>
> "-fgw" wrote:
>
> > I'm frustrated and looking for help.  The problem is that users are being
> > given the error message
> >
> > "You don't have security privileges to open this window.  Contact your
> > system administrator for assistance."
> >
> > when opening the Purchase Order Entry window.  When users click OK on this
> > message, the Purchase Order Entry window opens.  One of the users does not
> > see this message (it appears on other machines while using that user's login)
> > on his office system.  So, it appears as though he can't open the window.
> >
> > As a temporary fix I've assigned him to the POWERUSER group and the message
> > does not appear and have been working on identifying the security setting
> > that is causing this behavior.
> >
> > I've created test versions of these objects:  Security Task, Security Role,
> > User.  Thinking that I could just enable the entire Purchasing Series
> > (windows, files and reports) and gradually remove permissions until I find
> > the one that trips the error.
> >
> > That didn't work.  So then I re-evaluated the problem and determined that
> > since the window was opening after the modal dialogue is dismissed then the
> > modal dialogue isn't referencing the PO Entry window, but some other object
> > which is being called by the PO Entry window opening.
> >
> > So, I began enabling various other series and modules.  I've enabled them
> > all and the error still occurs.
> >
> > So, the only information I have is that people in the POWERUSER group are
> > not affected and that the error began this monday (8/24.)
> >
> > Does anyone have any guidance?
> >
> > Thank you!
0
fgw (54)
8/30/2007 9:26:01 PM
On Aug 30, 4:26 pm, -fgw <f...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> bAH!  My brain is melting.  the POWERUSER exception exists.... anyone know
> how to delete posts?
>

> "-fgw" wrote:
> > Strike that POWERUSER exception.  It's happening to them as well.
>
> > "-fgw" wrote:
>
> > > I'm frustrated and looking for help.  The problem is that users are being
> > > given the error message
>
> > > "You don't have security privileges to open this window.  Contact your
> > > system administrator for assistance."
>
> > > when opening the Purchase Order Entry window.  When users click OK on this
> > > message, the Purchase Order Entry window opens.  One of the users does not
> > > see this message (it appears on other machines while using that user's login)
> > > on his office system.  So, it appears as though he can't open the window.
>
> > > As a temporary fix I've assigned him to the POWERUSER group and the message
> > > does not appear and have been working on identifying the security setting
> > > that is causing this behavior.
>
> > > I've created test versions of these objects:  Security Task, Security Role,
> > > User.  Thinking that I could just enable the entire Purchasing Series
> > > (windows, files and reports) and gradually remove permissions until I find
> > > the one that trips the error.
>
> > > That didn't work.  So then I re-evaluated the problem and determined that
> > > since the window was opening after the modal dialogue is dismissed then the
> > > modal dialogue isn't referencing the PO Entry window, but some other object
> > > which is being called by the PO Entry window opening.
>
> > > So, I began enabling various other series and modules.  I've enabled them
> > > all and the error still occurs.
>
> > > So, the only information I have is that people in the POWERUSER group are
> > > not affected and that the error began this monday (8/24.)
>
> > > Does anyone have any guidance?
>
> > > Thank you!- Hide quoted text -

Are you still having this issue?  I can guide you through finding the
form in Purchasing.

0
ABSnook (37)
9/4/2007 7:08:06 PM
The problem was solved in the thread GP 10.0 Security - Smartlist Manufacturing

The problem is that there was a manufacturing security issue that wasn't
enabled.

"DIRISH74" wrote:

> On Aug 30, 4:26 pm, -fgw <f...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > bAH!  My brain is melting.  the POWERUSER exception exists.... anyone know
> > how to delete posts?
> >

> > "-fgw" wrote:
> > > Strike that POWERUSER exception.  It's happening to them as well.

> Are you still having this issue?  I can guide you through finding the
> form in Purchasing.

0
fgw (54)

Favourite GP Feature
What are some of the members of this boards favourite GP feature or trick? I am looking to compile a list of simple tricks users can learn quickly to help them out. Do an Interent seach for GP 50 tips and tricks. You'll get results from Convergence 2010 presentations. some good tips in there. Also search for 50 more tips and tricks. "Adam" wrote: > What are some of the members of this boards favourite GP feature or trick? > > I am looking to compile a list of simple tricks users can learn quickly to > help them out. Try this blog for a da...

Accessing Windows Office Templates
There are some very nice templates at the Windows Office Template Gallery. I would like to download (mostly Word, but a few Excel) some of these templates, but the format comes out with a ".cab" extension that Office v.X doesn't understand. Is there any way to get these templates? Unfortunately, they make the Mac template archive look very weak. TIA Len Hi Len, Microsoft has a Mac template download page: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/resources/templates.aspx?pid=templates There's a link to the on-line gallery on that page. It looks like a newly re-designed gallery to m...

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Showing 0 after decimal with ROUND

Access 97 can't resize database window

Outlook 2000 not opening.

Memory Leak #10
I added to the main MFC dll class sterilization support. In the InitInstance I added the following (and a corresponding code in the ExitInstance). It seems to work fine but I get memory leak on the program shutdown. Can someone advise please? Gilai .... CFile theFile; theFile.Open("Dllpcap.dat", CFile::modeRead); CArchive archive(&theFile, CArchive::load, 4096); Serialize(archive); archive.Close(); theFile.Close(); Do you know what/where the memory leak is happening. There are some things in MFC that just get allocated once and perhaps they just never clea...

About Exit and close window.
Group, I have a dialogue base application. There's an Exit button in it. Eachtime when exit the program by clicking Exit button, fun() and OnOK() executed, but if the window is close by clicking (x) on the upper-right coner, fun() will not be executed. How to make this function--fun()--executed when click (x) button on the upper-right coner? Thanks. Rather than calling your fun() from the Exit event handler, call it from the dialog closing event handler, so that no matter how it is shut down, that method is called, and so is fun(). hope that helps. Dan. "sxy7711" <sxy771...

Microsoft Outlook 03-11-10
I have just got a message saying not installed for the current user and it will not load. But I've been using it for years. George George;131443 Wrote: > I have just got a message saying not installed for the current user and > it > will not load. But I've been using it for years. > > GeorgeGeorge, welcome to the forum. When you post (here or in any forum), you will get faster and less frustrating replies if you do a few standard things: - try to define the problem in the thread title. Since this is an Outlook forum, simply stating "Mic...

Office installation and Windows 7

Integration Manager
I have set up an integration mapping into the Bank Transaction Entry for GP 8.0. Since there is no option to save a bank transaction entry, it posts automatically when I run the integration, but it does not print off the reports I usually get when I do a manual bank trans. entry (bank transaction posting journal & general posting journal). I was wondering if anybody knows how to get IM or GP to print the reports associated with the entry? Do I have to write a script? Thanks. I ran into the same issue. Boy I wish Bank Trx used batches that would solve this. We just did a repri...

Opening Multiple Web Links in a Column

Is Outlook 2000 compatiple with Windows XP Home?
It seems to be having problems if it is... something like Outlook has experience a problem and must close. I rand the compatibility wizard, but it didn't help. Can you? Hi, I have Outlook 2000 installed on my XP Home machine and it works fine. >-----Original Message----- >It seems to be having problems if it is... something like >Outlook has experience a problem and must close. I rand >the compatibility wizard, but it didn't help. Can you? >. > Rod <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > It seems to be having problems if it is... something...

Install ActiveX on Windows XP / IE8
Hi, I created a non-admin installation package to take advantage of the new IE8 features to deploy my ActiveX control. It works perfectly on Windows Vista+ but not on Windows XP (the yellow bar is never displayed). Here is the content of my INF file: [version] signature="$CHICAGO$" AdvancedINF=2.0 [Add.Code] DbCtrlEx.ocx=DbCtrlEx.ocx [Deployment] InstallScope=user [DbCtrlEx.ocx] file-win32-x86=thiscab clsid={97012969-FEFB-4F8F-A03C-67F83D139E8F} RegisterServer=yes FileVersion=1,0,0,1 RedirectToHKCU=yes If I remove the Deployment section it works...

Root Business Unit Disabled 10-07-05
I inadvertently disabled the root business unit. Now I cannot log in as the administrator was member of the same unit. How do I re-enable this? go into the database and find the table called businessunitbase - then look at the field called isdisabled. You will probably find this is set to 1. try set it to 0 then see if you can logon. Make sure you backup the database before doing this "ril" <ril@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCC43C2F-F109-49BE-A4AC-287AFE0F4D93@microsoft.com... >I inadvertently disabled the root business unit. Now I cannot log in a...

China + Dynamics GP
We are opening a distribution center in China and was wondering if anyone else is currently using Dynamics GP and any form of EDI process with China. We are considering what would be the best way of handling. Due to security risks, we are wary of allowing RDP/term serv access. So one idea was to give them a laptop with GP/Sql Server/Integration Manager. Since they couldn't connect to us they would have a separate database. This would then involve exports and imports between the 2 company locations to a neutral site (such as FTP). Not sure yet if we will be mirroring the datab...