GP 10 Setup Values

Just started using GP10. When transferring an order to invoicing, is there a
setup default that automatically checks the "Include totals and  deposits"
box on the transfer order to invoice screen??

Thanks,

Dick,

There is no way to do this out-of-the-box.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Dick at VPI" <DickatVPI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just started using GP10. When transferring an order to invoicing, is there
> setup default that automatically checks the "Include totals and  deposits"
> box on the transfer order to invoice screen??
>
> Thanks,

0
Victoria
4/2/2010 2:18:56 PM
Hi Victoria

Long time--

Thanks for the info. I figured t hat was probably the case but just wanted
to make certain..

"Dick at VPI" wrote:

> Just started using GP10. When transferring an order to invoicing, is there a
> setup default that automatically checks the "Include totals and  deposits"
> box on the transfer order to invoice screen??
>
> Thanks,

MS CRM Connector for GP Standard?
Does the Microsoft Dynamics CRM connector for GP 9 work with GP standard? Or this it work with GP Professional only? This document claims that the connector will work with GP Standard http://www.3peaks.com/business_solutions/CRMConnectorGP_FAQ.pdf. Can anyone confirm or deny this claim? "Marco Alcala" wrote: > Does the Microsoft Dynamics CRM connector for GP 9 work with GP standard? Or > this it work with GP Professional only? I'm not sure if their built in one does or not personally. I know during our implimination process we will be using the Scribe connectors...

Countif + External Reference = #Value
It appears that the countif function (along with sumif and others i'm betting) do not function properly with external links. The only workaround I've been able to find is to write a macro to open the various externally referenced sheets and then close them. Is there a better way for this? If you mean external linked workbooks that are closed then COUNTIF won't work but you can use SUMPRODUCT instead of both COUNTIF/SUMIF =COUNTIF(A1:A10,">0") =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10>0)) will return the same result =SUMIF(A1:A10,">0",B1:B10) =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10...

Error installing CRM 3.0 connector for GP 9.0
OK, I've been trying for days to get this installed (on a single server with SQL server 2000). Everything SEEMS to be running fine. Then about 10 minutes into the installation, it runs amok. The server load jumps to 100%, all virtual memory is consumed and about 11,000 processes are launched. It hangs at this point for about 15 minutes. You can see from the log what is going on: 12/3/2007 : 7:20:17 PM :INFO :RunSqlScripts :Install :Creating integration database CRMIntegration30 12/3/2007 : 7:20:17 PM :INFO :RunSqlScripts :CreateIntegrationDb :Creating integration DB CRMIntegration30 12/3...

Archiving #10
I need to archive personal folders created in outlook. I don't know how. My boss's Outlook is constantly crashing. He has over a 1.44 gig in e-mails. Can sombody help ...

how do i make pie chart ignore data labels where value is zero?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a pie chart tracking the amount of time spent in a day. I have lots of possible categories and i certainly don't use them all each day, and the chart shows a bunch of overlapping labels in between slices if their value is zero. Does anyone know how to make the chart exclude these labels? <br><br>Thanks in advance! On 4/7/10 1:02 PM, Steppenwolf@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel I have a pie chart tracking t...

Callout question 10-15-06
I have an question about Callout. I have created a Callout which creates opportunity automatically and closes the phonecall after a phonecall is saved. However, I don't know how to Open the opportunity Form immediately in Callout after the Opportunity is created. Does anyone have any idea? Thank you very much. So you create a callout on event OnPostCreate of PhoneCall entity ? If am I right you can do it like this: 1. in this callout fill a custom field in that entity by GUID of new Opportunity 2. Than you need to create a Form Event "OnLoad", where by JavaScript yo...

database 05-13-10
How can i enter a ISBN number into a database without it telling me that it is invalid Hi Ber, Enter the ISBN Number as a text data type and be sure you set the length long enough. Steve santus@penn.com "Ber" <Ber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E28DC719-659E-464C-83AD-BDA91CE23351@microsoft.com... > How can i enter a ISBN number into a database without it telling me that > it > is invalid ISBN numbers are TEXT not numbers. Change the datatype of the field in your table to text. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.d...

Business Portal Administration for GP 10.0
What would prevent a user who has BP Administrator permission from accessing the page to create a new BP user? VGrinam, Thanks for using the newsgroups. Users need to be set up in two places for security in BP 4.0 on GP 10.0. They need to be given a BP role (BP Administrator, Project Timesheet Creator, etc.). They also need to be added to the appropriate SharePoint groups (these match up one to one to the BP roles for the most part). The easiest way to think about this is the BP role gives you access to data in BP, the SharePoint groups give you access to the actual page. Do you ...

Cannot Install GP Client
We're reinstalling all software (including the OS) on a workstation and cannot get the GP installation program to run. Upon running cdsetup.exe, the hourglass is present for a moment then nothing happens. There is no error message and nothing shows up in the Event Log. It seems that I ran across an KB or news item on this problem about a month or two ago when working on a different issue. However, I have been unable to find anything on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 16:08:36 -0500, "Matt Werner" <matt.wernerNOSPAM@HEREusa.net> wro...

how to store values in a 2 dimensional array
i want to store Sheet name and its corresponding password in a 2 dimension array . hope anyone can provide a code snippet for storing sheet name and its corresponding password and also code for popping out values from an array . i am newbie to vba . providin code wil be really helpful . i need something like i need to store the values in this fashion Array(0) ----- > should contain sheetname and its password value Array(1) ----- > should contain sheetname and its password value while popping out i shuld put the values in 2 variables . sheet name in Variable 1 its corresp...

MsgBox; if 10-seconds, assumed 'No' Clicked
Sub ShutDown() MsgBox "If there is no Activity in 5 seconds, Excel will save your work and close. Do you need more time?", vbYesNo On Error Resume Next If vbYes Then Call SetTime Exit Sub Else DownTime = Now + TimeValue("00:00:05") Application.OnTime DownTime, "ShutDown" Call GonnaSave End If On Error GoTo 0 End Sub I'm testing out some auto-close code. I'm wondering if the MsgBox actually needs a user to click 'No' for the 'Else' part of the macro to fire. ...

Custom Entities 10-25-06
When new custom entities are created in crm,where's its aspx file placed?? am new to crm so i need as much help as possible. Thank you.. ...

Change Time in a Cell from [hh]:mm to decimal value ie 16:45
Here lies the problem. I'm cheap, I want to be paid for every minute that I work, I do the time cards for work and I'm using Excel to perform the functions. I have no problem with adding and subtracting the times in single cells or totalling all of the time. If I come up with a person having 47 hours and 13 minutes how do I get Excel to convert 47:13 to 47.22 so that I can then multiply the 40 by hourly rate and the 7.22 by 1.5 the hourly rate ? -- Thank You, God Speed, and Semper Fidelis Hi! This all depends on how you have things setup. To convert 47:13 to 47.22 just mu...

How do I change measurments in Page Setup
Margin settings are currently in points. I want them to be in inches. I've tried the instructions in Word 2003 Help. I change the settings and click the Default button as instructed. But, the settings revert back to the pt measurement. What you are seeing could be character units rather than points. Take a look at http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:451E72C4-14E1-4364-8D5E-DA1B8E12B2E2@microsoft.com... > Margin sett...

Investment re-valuing
My 401(k) company uses fractional shares and fractional values. The accounts they use are not directly referenced on any particular exchange. I had to manually create the accounts, and I have to manually update the prices. recently, two of the investments were "re-valued". They reference it as a "Transfer" but all that really happens is all my shares for a given investment were listed as negative transactions with the current unit value (so that the dollar value of the transaction was negative). Then they immediately followed that with a positive transaction for the ...

WMP12 2010s Auto PlayList Value
I'm using WMP12 on Win7. The Release Year field in auto playlists allows for creating playlists by decades (e.g. 1980s, 1990s, 2000s). Seems there is special cose that interprets 1980s as 198*. Unfortunately the list seems to forget that we just changed over to 2010 as there is no 2010s value in the drop-down list. So there appears to be no way to segregate 2000-2009 from 2010-2020. I opened the playlist file is notepad to see if there was SQL code but the value actually is "2000s" so somewhere in WMP it must do an interpretation. I also tried to put "2...

Not all code paths return a value?
The intent of my web service is an RSS feed from a blog. Originally I used a StringBuilder to make the XML and returned a string from the webmethod. But this doesn't display properly in IE. So now I'm trying an XmlTextWriter instead. I whipped-up another webservice based on this: http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/RSSviaXmlTextWriter.asp?print=true This example isn't set up strictly as a webservice. It seems to output to an aspx web page, not an asmx web service page. And this code has a problem with the HttpContext. Anyway, I put it in an asmx file so it can be called as a ...

Returning highest value
I have a list with value_name and its value. Is there a formula tha can look down the list and pick the highest value and return th value_name For example _Value_Name_ _Value_ Value A 5 Value B 10 Value C 33 Value D 8 Value E 51 Value F 32 Value G 47 Value H 9 Value I 41 So the formula would return Value E as its result. Would be much appreciated : -- Fishbon ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fishbone's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

worksheet change question 04-02-10
I want to be able to enter a time, using "." instead of ":", so that when I enter the number, then press "Enter", the number changes from, say, 13.27.33 to 13:27:33. But I am having to reselect the cell to get it to change. What is wrong with my code? Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Selection.Replace What:=".", Replacement:=":", LookAt:=xlPart, _ SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _ ReplaceFormat:=False Selection.NumberFormat = "h:mm:ss" End Su...

FA depn calculation and salvage value
FA calculate depn base on COST-SALVAGE. is it possible to have depn calculated based on COST, and the last depn is calculated as DEPN-SALVAGE. eg: cost=$12000 rate=10% depn=$1200 yrly, $100 mthly salvage value=$1 so, mth 1st to mth 119th, depn=$100 per mth then, mth 120th, depn = $99 instead of $100 is above possible in FA? ...

using VBA to retrieve values to ComboBox
i am trying to retrieve a range of data (the stock code of different phones) from worksheet("Inventory") based on the name of the branches of where the phones are stored. worksheet("Inventory") has branch (Column A) and stock code (Column B) i have 2 combobox. combobox1 contains values (name of branches) such as: 1-BS 2-EN 3-HG 4-JE 5-SP 6-TB 7-WS 8-YT combobox2 will have to retrieve values from the worksheet("Inventory") based on the value in combobox1. the values in combobox1 can be found in column 1 while the values i need for combobox...

Display values from 1st and 2nd field
Hi, I have a simple table that has two columns surname and firstname, how do I combine the results into a third column? Good at Excel but very new to Access. Thanks. Do it in a query like so: SELECT (FirstName + " ") & Surname AS FullName FROM YourTable; In query design view you'd do it by entering the following in the 'field' row of a blank column in query design view: FullName: ([FirstName + " ") & [Surname] By using the + operator to add the space between the names the space will be suppressed if by any chance someone was recorded only by th...

Update value in tbl source for combo box
Using Access 2003. I have a Form (frmRequests) and a SubForm(frmRequests_sub) for capturing report requests. The frmRequests_sub is based on the table "tblRequests" where all data entered in the subform is stored. Within the subform, I have a few combo boxes where the row sources are other tables (with values). I want these tables (supplying the combo boxes data) to be updated if the end user cannot find what they are looking for in the existing list. Example: In the "Requestor" field/combo box where row source is tblRequestor, if "Jane Doe" is not is ...

Can't use NA() instead of "" but then pb in chart with zero values
I have column that are created from the IF formula which returns the "" values if the result is false. I can't use NA() instead because then, I am using these columns for other calculations such as average. I need to use those columns also to create charts, but my lines with "" are showing zero values. I read in this forum that we can use a trick solution: to have a column using "" for the calculation and another using NA() for the graph. If I have too many coumns, is there an easier way to solve it? Thank, What is "too many" columns? In my e...

Position Transfers with GP 10 SP3 HR Position Control?
Is there anyone out there using GP 10 SP3 HR Position Control who knows how to do Employee Transfers? I'm trying to define the proper workflow for transferring/promoting an employee from one position seat to another and I think that I may have been missing something because at the end, even though I set an end date, I see 2 assigned positions: the old one and the new one; this includes Employee Seats, Position History, Organization Explorer, etc. Here are my steps at a high level: 1. With the Employee ID to be transferred, open Position Seats (Cards >> Human Resources >>...