GP 10 fails to store menu toolbar locations

GP version 10.00.1237 Standard

The menu/toolbar fails to keep the menu options and buttons in the location
I put them in and then lock the toolbars. Sometimes they work, but other
times if I work on other programs while GP is starting up after selecting my
company to work in when I return to GP the menu is all rearranged, but is
still locked.

I searched and there was one question directly relating to this and another
that references locking the "toolbar", but neither really address the issue
or offer a solution.

Does anybody from Microsoft have a solution to this problem or is it a user
interface problem that we just have to accept and overcome?

It should be a simple "fix" and not a table setting or other programming
setting. There should be a "hot fix" that turns the toolbar into a true life
menu bar and keeps the menu options where users put them.

Hopefully somebody has a "simple" solution for this. It's beyond annoying
for me and several of my heavy users. Up to this point I have just listened
to their complaints, but now it's time to resolve the issues and move on.

0
GBT2112 (10)

Do you have a Debug menu option in your menu bar? If so, you may need to
disable the Script Debugger by editing your DEX.INI file. Take a look at my
article at
http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/08/dexterity-bug-scriptdebugger-dexini.html for more information.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"GBT2112" wrote:

> GP version 10.00.1237 Standard
>
> The menu/toolbar fails to keep the menu options and buttons in the location
> I put them in and then lock the toolbars. Sometimes they work, but other
> times if I work on other programs while GP is starting up after selecting my
> company to work in when I return to GP the menu is all rearranged, but is
> still locked.
>
> I searched and there was one question directly relating to this and another
> that references locking the "toolbar", but neither really address the issue
> or offer a solution.
>
> Does anybody from Microsoft have a solution to this problem or is it a user
> interface problem that we just have to accept and overcome?
>
> It should be a simple "fix" and not a table setting or other programming
> setting. There should be a "hot fix" that turns the toolbar into a true life
> menu bar and keeps the menu options where users put them.
>
> Hopefully somebody has a "simple" solution for this. It's beyond annoying
> for me and several of my heavy users. Up to this point I have just listened
> to their complaints, but now it's time to resolve the issues and move on.

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
1/30/2009 12:31:01 AM
No, we do not have a debug menu option, nor do we have any debug enabled.

My standard menu is: (Left to Right)
GP Button, Transactions, Inquiry, Reports, Cards, Smartlist Icon, Financial
Icons

More often than not when the toolbar jumbles up the GP Button appears to be
the last thing to load and is 2-3 lines down and to the right of anything
else loaded on that level. Even though the GP button is loaded first it ends
up being the last thing in sequence.

This is only noticed when closing and reopening and can happen same day or
during the overnight so I can't tell if there is a "process" running to
change the database settings since it seems to happen at any random time if
closed during the day for some reason.

This is noticed on Vista machines AND XP machines so it is NOT OS dependent.

Interesting line in your post though, and I’m not sure if only applies to
the debugger, but…

“This has been identified as a bug in the Dexterity runtime engine, but has
certainly not made it into Microsoft list of fix priorities.”

Thanks for your reply.
0
GBT2112 (10)
1/30/2009 1:49:01 PM
Are you operating in a multi-server configuration?  Is one of them a Terminal
Server?
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"GBT2112" wrote:

> No, we do not have a debug menu option, nor do we have any debug enabled.
>
> My standard menu is: (Left to Right)
> GP Button, Transactions, Inquiry, Reports, Cards, Smartlist Icon, Financial
> Icons
>
> More often than not when the toolbar jumbles up the GP Button appears to be
> the last thing to load and is 2-3 lines down and to the right of anything
> else loaded on that level. Even though the GP button is loaded first it ends
> up being the last thing in sequence.
>
> This is only noticed when closing and reopening and can happen same day or
> during the overnight so I can't tell if there is a "process" running to
> change the database settings since it seems to happen at any random time if
> closed during the day for some reason.
>
> This is noticed on Vista machines AND XP machines so it is NOT OS dependent.
>
> Interesting line in your post though, and I’m not sure if only applies to
> the debugger, but…
>
> “This has been identified as a bug in the Dexterity runtime engine, but has
> certainly not made it into Microsoft list of fix priorities.”
>
> Thanks for your reply.
0
info4071 (3004)
1/31/2009 10:02:01 PM
Richard,

No, we run single server. SBS2003 - SQL 2000 (8.00.2050)

Thanks for the reply.

"Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:

> Are you operating in a multi-server configuration?  Is one of them a Terminal
> Server?
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com

0
GBT2112 (10)

How to turn off automatic toolbar appearance
Well, the subject says it all. For instance, when I open an excel sheet attached to an email, the Reviewing toolbar appears. Or, when I click on a custom-made button linked to a file, the Web toolbar shows up. Is there any way to prevent that Kind regard Th.P. Re the Reviewing toolbar, from an earlier post: The Reviewing toolbar in Excel pops up whenever you open a workbook that has been emailed from within Excel "for review". There may be other ways to make this happen too. If you do a File, Properties you'll see the custom file properties that have been added that triggers...

News button is missing from customize toolbars
I tried to add the News button to allow the newsgroup reader function. It was there at first. I followed the instruction that said it was hidden, and I had to move it from the Customize Toolbar menu. I went under the Go section, and found News. I moved it to the Go section of my file menu, and it was there. I opened the newsgroup reader, and started to create a usenet account. I was missing some info for my account, so I canceled out and closed the newsgroup reader and Outlook. Now when I open Outlook, the News button that I put under the Go File menu is gone, and it isn't...

Menu
Here is my menu enjoy! It has no flavor. -- Build a little, test a little. "Liz" wrote: > Here is my menu enjoy! > . > ...

Where Does Outlook Store Info? Computer Problems
Recently the power supply, motherboard, & CPU on my computer died. So I had a new motherboard, power supply, CPU and hard drive installed. The new hard drive is larger and faster than the old one. This required that Windows XP, Microsoft Office, etc, had to be installed. But before any of that was done, the technician took everything off the old hard drive and saved it into a file on the new one. All of the old data files, etc, are supposed to be there. My question, though, is how to find the address book and the saved emails that were on the old computer & put them into Outlook on the...

excel 06-05-10
I have a spread sheet and in it i have data validation tables when i finish picking from them and email the sheet i then want to clear the info in the tables but not the data validation table and not usr macro I'm not exactly sure about what you want to do, Is the whole range filled in with data validation in the cells to create your table or only part. If you can select all the cells with data validation then you can press delete on the keyboard to clear all the contents, but the data validation remains. Or if this is difficult because the data validation is dotted about the...

Bank Recon GP 10 problem
Hi We are a VAR that's upgraded one client to GP 10 and installed GP 10 for another new client, both on SQL 2000. In both cases there's an incorrect balance showing for Cashbook Balance field (cashbook maintenance screen) using the Bank Recon module. Also the cashbook balance is not re-calculated (recon screen) when "Incl Trans To Date" field is changed, for both clients. We can update the balance in Cashbook Master table (CM00100) in SQL but this doesn't solve the problem. Any suggestions? ...

get/change first operation on table 'uprEmployeeCount' failed
I created a 'test' company on V10, restored the backup from our real company into this test company. I have inactivated all the employees in the test company. Unless I enter Dynamics as sa, I get the following message: A get/change first operation on table 'uprEmployeeCount' failed accessing SQL Data. Under the more info button: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Drive][SQL Server] The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'zDP_UPR41600F_1',database 'DYNAMICS', schemo 'dbo'. I have deleted the UPR41600 table and recreated it but I still get the...

Question #10
If possible... How do I get excel to change the color of a "grid" if I enter say specfic letter or word in it. Example. 800 columns by 800 rows All columns and rows are small as possible Each letter would mean something, and I would need the grid with tha letter to be a specifc color. To allow easy viewing of the information V = red R = grey H = blue So instead of filling in each color per grid myself, I would get exce to auto-fill Any help would be greatly appreciat -- dirtytongu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dirtytongue's Profi...

How to integrate Chunk file with GP.
Hello everyone, I am new to GP. I have got a chunk file from a customer. That chunk file contains an HR module created by someone for that customer. Now, customer wants that all the business logic should be transfered from Dexterity to .Net managed code. For that he provided me a chunk file, and database backup (SQL Server). Now when I placed the chunk file into the GP folder and start GP, pop-up asks me to include new code, if I press yes then that new code is included. Here, I need to clearify that currently I am working on Sample Company (because, I can not find any way to start GP...

location of web query
I have a file that refreshed 2006 data that I am now changing to 2007 but I cannot recall where a web query is on a certain worksheet, is there an easy way to find in which cell the query resides? ...

CRM 4.0 Client Rollups ( all of them) fail
All- Have a CRM 4.0 install and have applied the rollups to 4 level- all server rollups went fine. When trying to apply a roll up ( I tried 1 2 4 and 5 ) I am getting a failure Thanks for the look! here is part of the log- 11:17:56| Info| === Managed setup logging started: 7/10/2009 11:17:56 AM === 11:17:56|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.UpdateWrapper.UpdateSetup.Initialize 11:17:56|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Initialize 11:17:56|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Initialize 11:17:56|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.UpdateWra...

Saving customized toolbars?
Is there a file we can back up (like Word's normal.dot and Excel's Excel.xlb) that holds Publisher's toolbars? I have Publisher 2000. Tx. There isn't a customized toolbar menu for Publisher 2000. There are a few options, but nothing important enough to backup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "StargateFan" <IDon'tAcceptSpam@IDon'tAcceptSpam.com> wrote in message news:45akl1lh36qjejkk01st55sb709qtn5inn@4ax.com... > Is there a file we can back up (like Word's normal.dot an...

Operation failed. An object could not be found
I am presently using outlook express only because my outlook stopped working. Express works fine, but in Outlook, everytime I try to send any type of email I get the error message: "The operation failed. An object could not be found." It is Outlook 2002, w/SP-2 installed I've tried reinstalling the program but with no effect. Any ideas? Can you give more information on the actual error? What object? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Bill Thaden" <wathaden@writeme.com> wrote in message news:8f6001c34599$0f976a00$a401280a@phx.gbl... I am presently using o...

How to remove the last separator from toolbar
Hi, I need to add/remove some buttons from the toolbar depends on user settings. But after I remove the buttons, there is a separator at the end of the toolbar. Is there any way I can remove the separator? Thanks, Lucy This might seem like a stupid question, but how are you removing a button from CToolbar? AliR. <lucyh3h@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1169232478.123890.276230@l53g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I need to add/remove some buttons from the toolbar depends on user > settings. But after I remove the buttons, there is a separator at the > end of ...

Register Mailbox fails
I'm trying to get the Auto Accept agent setup, when I run: registermailbox.vbs /M:weatherlygameroomconferenceroom@DOMAIN.com /T:DOMAIN\gadmin /DEBUG I get an error that basically means it can't find the user. But there really isn't a user associated with this account, I simply right clicked in ESM and Enabled Mail for the Public Folder. Is this incorrect? Do I really need to create a user for in AD for this to work correctly? thanks, James ...

Setting Up Windows Mail 01-05-10
I am having trouble setting up windows mail. This is the message I get "The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Hello', Account: 'Work', Server: 'pop3', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E" I don't know what to enter when I go into accounts & properties. I have Time Warner Cable internet and I am working off of a laptop. "NormaH" <NormaH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B119C5BC-0455-4A2B-8346-FD86236D0F9C@microsoft.com... >I am having ...

Integration GP 8.0 with CRM 3.0
Hi. i'm newbie in GP but i have been know CRM 3.0, i want to do integration between GP and CRM using Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP. After all installation and configuration, the integration was work. I add an account in CRM then the account which i was added is display in GP (as customer). But why the order between GP and CRM can't integrate? I was follow the instruction in the integration guide. The guide book says that the tax details, tax schedules, shipping methods, payment terms, unit of measure, unit of measure schedules, price groups, price le...

failed recipient, trying to delete address exchange 2003
I get this error when trying to delete an invalid email for a recipient in Exchange. I saw no postings for this error on the net! "this is the home email-address for this recipient, it cannot be removed." ID # c10312e8. I have another address that I have made primary. But still cannot delete this one. Try manually updating the Recipient Update Service on ESM or wait for replication to occur. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "media" <timisme@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1161757808.425153.274250@f16g2000cwb.g...

OUTLOOK 2003 News Menu
Also the NEWS button has gone missing from our toolbar & command option. How can I get it back? Thanks Greg "greg" <me@this.com> wrote in message news:41beda98$0$21732$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au... > Also the NEWS button has gone missing from our toolbar & command option. > > How can I get it back? > > Thanks > Greg > > Right Click on the Toolbar and select Customise. Select the Commands tab, then in Categories, select Go. Now scroll down in the (right hand) Commands list, and drag the News button back to the toolbar. ATB...

GP2010
What are the options for a Requisition Management solution for new GP BRL Adv Mgmt customers? It is my understanding that the Req Mgmt module has been taken off the GP BRL AM price list. Thanks, John ...

SP2 fails to complete
Server 2000 SP4, Exchange 2003 SP1 SP2 install fails to complete, somewhat similar to KB 919076 but without interupting mail flow. Error message from install routine: Exchange Server component Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services failed. Error: 0xc107041d - 0xc007041d - The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. (EXIFS) Looking in event viewer showed that error maessage immediatly preceeded by Faulting application inetinfo.exe, version 5.0.2195.6620, stamp 3de2893b, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug...

DPM 2010 RC
On two test systems the DPRM Service (set to Manual by Default Install) fails to start when called. Resolution: Set to auto start and start the service or Manually start the service. Expected: Would expect that calls from the DPM server would succeed in starting the service. Any idea what could block a DPM server from starting the Service from the DPM server? No firewall or antivirus in the test. -- David Please check the DCOM launch/Activation permissions on the protected server? You can find it by launching dcomcnfg from an elevated command prompt-> ...

How do I make the toolbar in my 'trial' of Publisher 2007 work?
nothing is active except the select all button. i can't edit or create anything. not making me want to buy the full version. thanks to anyone who has any ideas. j jives wrote: > nothing is active except the select all button. i can't edit or create > anything. not making me want to buy the full version. > thanks to anyone who has any ideas. > > j ======================= Maybe the tutorials at the following site will get you started: Publisher 2007 Creating a publication http://tinyurl.com/32ew4l -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP D...

CRM Mobile Express Error 10-23-06
Hi, i installed CRM Mobile Express, it works almost fine. When access in any entity, example Opportunitties, it shows, but the opportunity details, send this error: Message: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. Stack trace: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.We...

How to change OL 2007 storage location?
I would like to move my mail archive off drive C into another partition. Is there a way to do this and can folders be placed in separate files such that OL 2007 can use them as working files? Thanks, John. Yes, just move the .PST file and then change the account settings for the mailbox that points to it. But its all or nothing, all of the folders under the same email account have to point to the same .PST file, you can't have the INBOX and SENT in one .PST and the CALENDAR, CONTACTS and TASKS in another. You can have the .PST's for each email account in different ...