Global Fields in SQL tables

Does anyone know where do I find the global fields that are available in
Report writer in what SQL database table? I need to know cause I need some of
the global found in the Report Writer to insert them into a crystal report.

Thanks in advance
0
EC (10)

That depends on what field you are looking for.  Which fields do you need?

"ec" wrote:

> Does anyone know where do I find the global fields that are available in
> Report writer in what SQL database table? I need to know cause I need some of
> the global found in the Report Writer to insert them into a crystal report.
>
> Thanks in advance
0
LeslieVail (702)
3/18/2008 8:40:02 AM
For example, I need the field aaDisplayDistID

"Leslie Vail" wrote:

> That depends on what field you are looking for.  Which fields do you need?
>
> "ec" wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know where do I find the global fields that are available in
> > Report writer in what SQL database table? I need to know cause I need some of
> > the global found in the Report Writer to insert them into a crystal report.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
0
EC (10)
3/18/2008 9:31:01 AM
That field exists in four tables (and a temp table). I don't know the context
of what you need, so I'll give you all of the tables:

AAG30001 aaGLDist
AAG10001 aaGLWorkDist
AAG3000E aaGLWorkError
AAG2000E aaSubLedgerError

"ec" wrote:

> For example, I need the field aaDisplayDistID
>
> "Leslie Vail" wrote:
>
> > That depends on what field you are looking for.  Which fields do you need?
> >
> > "ec" wrote:
> >
> > > Does anyone know where do I find the global fields that are available in
> > > Report writer in what SQL database table? I need to know cause I need some of
> > > the global found in the Report Writer to insert them into a crystal report.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance
0
LeslieVail (702)

OT: demoralized tables
Kirk Kuykendall has a good overview on Common Table Expressions http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/CTE/62291/ but his conclusion contains a "new db term" (at least I had never seen it before)... "As you can see CTEs can be very useful. I have found them particularly handy when cleaning up demoralized tables. Like imported spread sheets." I assume it was on purpose and couldn't resist passing it on. We've all been there... gary I'm wondering if demoralized tables might be an undiscovered cause of file corruption. I would think that one table wit...

Help creating a script in SQL or Calculated field in Crystal
How do I take this script and manipulate it to give me one long string with static text as well as SQL data in specific positions within the string. Example result: Positions / Data: 1-3 / 173 (Static text) 4-6 / spaces 7-10 / "X_UPR30300"."YEAR1", (has to show up as 2007. Showing up as 2,007) 11 / 4 (Static text) 12-22 / "UPR00100"."SOCSCNUM" 23-57 / "UPR00100"."LASTNAME" 58-92 / "UPR00100"."FRSTNAME" 93 / "UPR00100"."MIDLNAME" 94-120 / "UPR00102"."ADDRESS1" 121-148 / &q...

macro for comparing fields in two work books
Hello, I have two excel spread sheets (say A1 & A2). A1- is the master sprea sheet and A2 is smaller spread sheet with very few details. Suppose Column B in A2 has 100 partnumbers and Column C in A1 has th superset of partumbers (1000) and corresponding details for each par number, I need to: 1. Check if all the 100 part numbers in A2 has a corresponding match i A1 2. Extract the info for the matched partnumbers from A1 and list in seprate sheet. 3. Even if there in no match A1, let's say for 40 of them, it shoul still list those parts in the new sheet. Can anybody help me with t...

9.0 Table Changes
Will be updating to V9, am looking for a list of the tables that changed and the documentation says it is on V9 cd 2, under the SDK But I don't see anything on the CD so do I have to install v9, and the SDK before I can get a list of the table names? -- Doug You need to install the SDK "Doug" wrote: > Will be updating to V9, am looking for a list of the tables that changed and > the documentation says it is on V9 cd 2, under the SDK > > But I don't see anything on the CD so do I have to install v9, and the SDK > before I can get a list of the tabl...

Does Multi-Field Index Work For Date/Time Values Only
I created a MS-Access DB table with the following 3 columns: ColID - PRIMARY KEY Col1 - Number Col2 - Date/Time Next I created a multi-field index using Col1 & Col2. I entered the following row in the 1st row: 1 5/10/2007 Next when I tried to add the above row again, as expected, I wasn't allowed to enter the same row. Next I entered the following 2 rows: 1 5/11/2007 2 5/10/2007 Both the rows were accepted. After this I deleted the 3 records, went back to the design view & changed the data type of Col2 from Date/Time to Number keeping the multi-field index...

CRM 1.2
I am going to move the CRM SQL databases to a new server. We will also be moving Great Plains off the CRM server and on to the new SQL server. We are bouncing around the idea of naming the new SQL server to the name that the current CRM server uses and renaming the current CRM server. The thinking here is that we won't have to touch the Great Plains clients. What kinds of issues can I expect in this scenario? I believe that CRM "might" make us of the SID in which case I would need to use SysPrep to create the new one? I wouldn't think that this is that unusal of a proje...

dynamic field content of parameter combobox
Greetings, I have to filter my Crystal 9.0 report with a parameter combobox field in Microsoft CRM. The data for this parameter field has to be loaded out of a database field dynamically. I have found the possibility to load database field values in a parameter field but this will not be dynamically. If there is a change in the database content the parameter field content will not be updated. I hope to create a combobox control is no problem. Is there a way to turn this into reality? Thanks for your help Thomas Ott (ITVT germany) ...

Deleting a single character in a text field
In one of my tables i have a field that has a text values like '123.23123' i would like , to delete the full stop. How can i do this. I cant do it in excel as the number of records that i have is over 200000. hi, ma1000 wrote: > In one of my tables i have a field that has a text values like '123.23123' i > would like , to delete the full stop. How can i do this. I cant do it in > excel as the number of records that i have is over 200000. Create a update query, use Replace([yourField], ".", "") as new value. mfG --> stefan <-- ...

SQL select statement question
My dataset has 3 columns: customer id, store location, charges I'd like to write a single select statment that will show each customer id once, with the store location where they have the most charges, and the sum of the charges for that store location. This gives the max charges for each customer, but doesn't give the location: select a.custID, max(new.amt) from smallchg a inner join; (select custID, location, sum(charges) as amt from smallchg group by custID, location) as new ; on a.custID= new.CustID group by a.CustID thanks. joel Try this -- SELECT TOP 1 ...

Scrolling Tables list
When I use the scroll bar to move up and down the list of tables or queries etc, the list continues to vacillate after I stop sliding the bar; making it difficult to find the item I want to select. This seems to be worse with my new computer. Are there settings I should adjust. "Crop scout" <Crop scout@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestiss´┐Ż:771C65DD-5D6E-47EF-B987-C797A680FB59@microsoft.com... > When I use the scroll bar to move up and down the list of tables or > queries > etc, the list continues to vacillate after I stop sliding the bar; makin...

Validating two fields
I am trying to create a database in which some of the fields should be mandatory only under certain conditions. For example: In my "Type of Injury" column, I want the user to be required to enter a value in this column, only if the value in the "Type of Document" column is "Nursing Report". Is this possible? I am only just beginning to teach myself Access, so please bear with me. Thank you. Put a validation rule on the *table* (not field.) 2nd example under the the Validation Rules for Tables section here: http://allenbrowne.com/Validati...

Adding Fields and Tables to MSCRM
Is there a link or some reference on the ability to add fields to existing tables in the CRM database and/or adding complete tables to the CRM database?? I am asking this from the point of view relating to other existing CRM products (saleslogix, frontrange - shh). From what I have played with so far from playing with my SBS2k/MSCRM install is I my need to have a MS developer skillset. Robb, Using the schema manager in the deployment Manager MMC snap-in, you can add fields to the existing tables. However, there is no way to add new tables. Matt "Robb D" <robbd@eproductscons...

Saving data in Access table with VB ?
I have a form with a button and if you click the button, a list of invoices are generated and saved in the table 'Invoice'. Problem is, the data isnt saved :( Here's my code: Private Sub Knop0_Click() Dim Invoicenr As Long Dim Invoicedate As Date stdocname = "Invoice" DoCmd.OpenTable stdocname, acViewNormal, acAd Invoicenr = 111111 Invoicedate = Now DoCmd.Save acTable, stdocname End Sub What am I doing wrong ? Answered in microsoft.public.access "Bauhaus" <niemandhier@pandora.be> wrote in message news:7Exii.2418$yf6.1885@biebel.telenet-ops.be...

Table-like Outline and Collumm that sums prevous values up
Hello The report I would like to have should be in a tabular form just like the doc document I have attached. However, until now I have not found out how to set the report into a tabular outline. It is quite uncomfortable and time intensive to set up this report by using lines and the different text fields. In addition, it will not look any good at the end.. Also, I would need a columm that is able to sum up the values before. Just like the "total" under each semester. Are the issues solvable? Greets, Hubertholz attached: http://rapidshare.com/files/35708241...

Pivot Table and adding a % column, that is not in original data
Hi, Is it possible to add a column for % calculations when the % column is not in original data? To clarify, my original data is as follows: Produt Sales Returns Date A 5 June B 6 June A 1 July A 1 September B 1 November When I run the pivot table, one of the columns I'm then looking to get is a total % of returns over sales , but I cant see how to include in a Pivot table. I can add it outside of the table, but that has problems ...

How can I compare the column names from 2 tables and output them?
I have a requirement to place an alert if the field does not exist in my table, tblStaging. Can any one guide me to reframe this query with error handling messages? I know it is not good practice to use select * but I need to do this as my columns\field names change each time. INSERT INTO tblStaging SELECT * FROM tbl_XL,tblDetails; Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201003/1 Access is a relational database. If your "table design" has the fields in your table(s) changing frequently,...

I'm trying to display the next month in a text field
Hi there, I've gone through all the forms and can't seem to get the code straight for displaying the next month on a text field on my form. I just want the entire month name and nothing else and I have been struggling with: DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()) + 1, 1) but its showing the day and year too and thats not what I need. Thanks in advance! GM gmazza wrote: >Hi there, >I've gone through all the forms and can't seem to get the code straight for >displaying the next month on a text field on my form. >I just want the entire month name and nothing else...

Customize global adress list column in a new mail
Hi! (I have Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2007). when i create a new mail message, hit the "To" button, my global adress list window appear when column by default: Name, Title, business Phone, Location, E-mail address, Company and Alias. Those column from Active directory of course. My question is: can I add/remove column in this window? For example adding "department" from Active directory? thx Since this is customized by your Exchange Admin, I would start by asking him/her if it is possible. This question can most likely be answered in an Exchange or W...

Mail (outlook 2002), 'To' field, general question
Why do some names of some messages in the 'To' Field appear with single quotes in my Sent Box? I'm using Outlook 2002. I'm sure there's an easy explanation but it stumps me. ...

Thai collation in SQL for MS CRM 1.2
A number of our Partners have been requesting for double-byte characters such as Chinese, Japanese and Thai languages to be recognized by MS CRM 1.2. Most of their clients have this included in their business requirement. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane....

Changing the names of fields in tables after creating other object
I just leaned about the naming conventions after I have created my tables, reports and several queries. Can I change the name of fields in my tables (to remove the spaces and give them unique names ie not just last name but childlastname) without destroying the work I have done in queries, reports, and forms. Mary -- Positive Direction for Youth & Families, Inc. (www.pdfyinc.com) Possibly. If you are using a newer version of Access, say 2003 or 2007 AND you have Name Autocorrect, and all it's options, enabled, it MIGHT work. I found it somewhat buggy. Before you...

extracting numbers from a text field and applying formula
here's my question... i have a cell that has a text field of this type: '9-19' (a-b) I want to create a formula that will subtract 19-9 (b-a) and return the result as a number// can anyone help?! is this even doable? I'd really appreciate it! PS also, i'm very fairly new at excel so a detailed response with th formula would really help! ALe ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try: =MID(A1,FIND("-",A1)+1,99)-LEFT(A1,FIND("...

Table-lookup transformations
Hi, we are doing some table-lookup transformations based on LEFT and INNER joins. Probably around 100 - 50K rows/second or something like that. I have noticed that the lookups are getting slower and slower due to a growing database. The server itself is heavily loaded, CPU and IO-subsystem - which I know is not a good combination with SQL server :| I am looking for a way to increase the table-lookup transformation speed without mixing up things with SSIS.. Are there any good ways of doing table-lookup transformations within SQL server? Would it be a good idea to write s...

Pivot Table #46
Hello, I have pivot table based on data that identifies an item as "late" "late if not rec'd today" and "late if not shipped today". The totol lists the correct number from each category for a location but when I double click on that total I get a list of every entry for that location, not just the late etc. What am I doing wrong? When you double click on a total, does it generate a new worksheet? If yes, it is listing out all the data, which the total field is made up of. The other possibility is that you are unhiding a summary field. Govind. xgirl...

Corrupt / Missing Table
OK, so trying to diagnose a series of annoying problems, I've found that we are actually missing the ActivityBase table all together. I don't know how it happened, when it happened or why, but more importantly is that its gone, and we're adding data to the database faster than I can keep up. Any ideas on how to recreate the database? We can't afford to role back nor loose data in a reinstall... TIA! I would contact MBS support and open a support ticket. The $245 for the incident will be well worth it down thee road as you may have a lot of other problems as well. -- ...