GL Reconcile Error Message...How to fix this?

We are getting the following error message when attempting to perform GL
reconcile (Tools >> Utilities >> Financial >> Reconcile) starting from our
historical year 2002:

ERROR MESSAGE --> "Historical transactions should be transferred to an open
year. After closing the oldest open year, reconcile financial information to
transfer transactions to the correct year"

Has anyone ever seen the above error message? If so, how do we resolve it?

We checked our fiscal periods setup and everything appears to be fine.
Checked Knowledge Base but could not find any article relating to this error.
So we are stuck and not able to perform reconcile. We'd like to do the GL
reconcile from our oldest historical year 2002 until our current year 2009.
But we're getting this error message already when attempting 2002 GL
reconcile.

FYI...all years are closed historical, except 2008 and 2009 which are our
open years.

Any help or input on resolving this error message would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks folks!

CSocket: Inter Client STRANGE Message Sending
I use MFC VC++ 4.2. I am developing a simple client - client message send protocol. I use NDK 2.0 classes on the CodeProject if anyone else also notice this application. The class was derived from CSocket. What I want to ask is: I have succeeded in creating server-client connection and sending message. But the problem occured when I tried to send message inter-client more than ONCE! So first attempt is always succeeded and the rest are failed. Testing condition: I use only one local workstation to test the app. I ran 2 client apps and 1 server. The problem is the second attempt and ...

Error on PA Reconcile Log Report
Hi One of the my user get an error "Error accessing SQL Data" when he run the PA reconcile for a customer. However when i run this report via sa i am able to see the report. Can some one tell me how to fix this? Thanks Regards -Riz ...

Runtime Error '9'
We have 5 spreadsheet which reside on a network drive. The spreadsheets are macro driven, and we have issue that only the person who setup the macro's is able to run them. For everyone else, we receive Runtime Error '9'. We have tried copying to local drive, and same issue. Only the creater of the macro's can run them, and this person is leaving the company. They are unable to figure this out. When I receive error and click Debug...it goes to following location in the macro: For i = 0 To NumOfLeads 'adjust TL's sheets Windows(PageName(...

unread message on XP login screen
I recently upgraded to Office 2003. I frequently get messages on my Windows XP login screen that state one of the users has 1 or more unread messages. Yet when we open Outlook there are none. There aren't any in the unopened folder, there aren't any in the inbox, there aren't any in any folders. I've even checked outlook express which we never use. I have cleared my box and yet the message is still there. The only way to remove this message is to use the XP restore feature and restore Windows to a previous date (prior to when it first started). Then after a few...

old PST Inbox says 32 new messages, none are visible, seems to be missing mail
Hey well, i hope someone can help me. back before i was smart enough to read news groups, i used outlook xp and it was good. I was able to download all my mail on to my pc from the pop3 or webmail places i went to. over the years, i reinstalled office and outlook on many different machines. eventually, i found an oppertunity to get office 2003, so i did. when it came time to move my old pst folders, i did it in the most stupid way possible....i copied the file out of my old system and put it directly in place of the new one that outlook had just created for me. i figured, it was the sam...

strange error on saving
On several, but not all, workbooks, when I save I get a box up with the message: "The file 'filename.xls' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do? ()Save a copy () Overwrite changes." Tried searching the knowledge base with no luck. Has anyone else seen this? Do you have a cure? jlb Have a look at this KB Article "The file may have been changed..." error when you save work�book to network server in Excel 2002 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=324491 Myrna Larson also reported...

bank transfer error numbers display from workbook to csv
Dear all, I have a an excel file 99-2003 workbook that includes bank code and salary details, it is required from me to save it as csv but when i do so all the account numbers are corrupted example 201018537554 but when i open in csv it shows 2.21037E+11 Please help the bank is rejecting my applicatio due to the unredable numbers and plus how can i get a number that contains 0000031456789 and keep the zeros once it is in a number format it will only work when i use the special format num portugese "numero de seguranca social" Please help You should convert your numbe...

2007 runtime causes error in previously installed version
I developed an application in Access 2007. I packaged it with the Access 2007 runtime environment. I installed it on a machine that has Access 2003 installed. That machine gets errors when using a form developed in Access 2003. In uninstalled the 2007 runtime and the Access 2003 form works fine but now he can't use the application I installed. Some of my users don't have Access at all on their machine so they don't have a problem. I'm guessing that anyone that has built something with a previous version is liable to have an issue with the 2007 runtime. Any suggestions? smc@se...

Dr. Watson Error
We are using Visual Studio .NET to develop a web site. One of the web pages has two buttons available for users, one button to retrieve data from the database and the other to convert the data into excel format. These buttons work fine on XP platform but having problems on Windows NT. On some (but not all) PCs running Windows NT, users may get Dr. Watson Error window and then IE error for unable to display the content. I found KB article 178305 (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;178305) is very close to describe our situation. However, the solution in Met...

GP10 Int Mgr- error
Hi, When attempting to run an Integration in GP 10 for Bank Transactions-Receipts encounter an error on Amount field "input string was not in a correct format" As per log Status Code -2147221462 Has anyone encountered this error and if so how did you resolve it Thanks in advance for any ideas Michael Michael, You will typically get this error if you are mapping a non-numeric value to a numeric field. Review your mapping and correct accordingly. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics ...

error writing to adodb.dll on 1.2 to 3.0 upgrade
We need some help. We did an upgrade of a 1.2 CRM server yesterday to 3.0. It had an error "Error writing to file:adodb.dll. Verify that you have access to that directory." The install log ends with SQL Server Reporing Services failed. The CRM pages come up, but most links error out. Where do I turn now? Does anyone know what permission it's missing? Then, what do I do with this install? Can I rerun in the upgrade or reinstall again? Thanks for any help. ...

cannot install CRM 3.0 outlook client -- cannot connect to server error in prequal for install.
explorer is working fine , I can login to accounts and work there. when I try to install I enter the same server name ( CRMSERVER ) or ( CRM.company.com) and neither work . is there a special port that is required by this communication between client and server ? Help is appreciated. eric@corpotel.com it should be servername:5555 hope that helps "es" wrote: > explorer is working fine , I can login to accounts and work there. > > when I try to install I enter the same server name ( CRMSERVER ) or > ( CRM.company.com) and neither work . > > is there a spe...

Exchange Server keeps delivering messages until removed from inbox
Recently, my Exchange Server has taken to repeatedly delivering the same messages until they are removed from the inbox. Every 15 minutes, the inbox is "refreshed". Any messages in the inbox are reset to unread and given new date-time stamps. On a remote computer setup to receive email from the server via POP3, the messages multiply. I've run eseutil and it comes up clean. Check the email client configuration, on the "Leave copy of the messages on the server" properties -- Loay Olabi MCSA, MCSE Website: http://www.olabinet.net Blog: http://www.olabinet.net/loay ...

Error when Installing OL2003
I am getting following error when installing a new instance of OL2003Pro an unhandled win32 exception occurred in outlook.exe All other Office products run fine. Using XP Pro SP2 attached to exchange 2003 Need answer or solution steps ASAP. Thanks. As an update, I intsalled the reuired MS Updates but now getting an error message saying something cannot be "read". I had the 2007 Beta installed and unintsalled that. Could this be the problem?? "JC HARRIS" <harris1113@fake.com> wrote in message news:OUJcACSzGHA.996@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I am getting f...

outgoing messages are not saved in the Sent Folder
Although I have the Option "Save messages in the "Sent Folder" checked my outgoing emails are NOT being saved. I have Outlook 2010 using Windows 7 (x64). Does anyone have a suggestion? What type of email account? Do you have more than one sent items folder in your profile? -- "Desert Rob" <DesertRob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B520073D-802C-4713-AE83-30C22F37FF5C@microsoft.com... > Although I have the Option "Save messages in the "Sent Folder" checked my > outgoing emails are NOT being saved. I hav...

Message-ID exposes internal hostname
I've seen several posts on Google that talk about trying to mask the server name in the Message-ID. A couple of people said that it was not possible, but it seems odd that we would not have a way to protect the internal hostname of a mail server. <1CEC87D193F0B948ADDDFEE2B0982AD208F302@server1.domain.local> The hostname appears fine elsewhere in the header because of my setting in the Advanced button of the SMTP properties, but I need to also make the message ID match something like mail.domain.com. Seems like some spam scoring engines use this hostname to help determine the...

Fix column width with when sychronizing a list to a Sharepoint sit
When I synchronize my Excel file with a Sharepoint web site, the column widths change (i.e. get wider) in an attempt to allow all of the text (wrappred) to be visable. This repeats itself with every saving iteration which makes the file to big to print and I then have to manually reset the column widths. Is there a way I can keep the column width the same when synchronizing? Or, alternatively, is there a way I can easily restore the column widths without have to manually resize them? Thanks, Bob. Click on the Data. then, get the External Data Toolbar, if it didn't pop up on its own...

Posting Error for receiving serial number item
When I post shipment/invoice transaction, I get following message: **ERROR: Posting to table POP30310. Restore from a backup if possible. When I check the receiving transaction by inquiry window, the item, which is tracked by serical number, disappear from the transaction. Items tracked by lot or none are still in the receivng transaction. Does anyone know what cause the problem? I use GP 10.0 SP3. Thank you, Taka Taka, Coincidentally, the same issue was raised in Dynamics GP partner forums today. This is a known issue that is bein researched by Microsoft. This happens for Serial Number...

VBA Macro Error
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Hello, I�m running in a pretty bad problem: If I write in MSOffice 2008 a number followed by a letter like "5a" on a new line I get an error "This command is not available in this Version of Microsoft Word" It seems that word want�s to make a lookup for a VBA script - which is not supported anymore, so in panic they write the message on the screen. But instead I really want to write only 5a. Is there a button to switch of those interpretations? It was not an issue with 2004 and not on windows. Any...

error code 0x8024D007
after installing windows update this code appears and says unable to display the page you want to view, any suggestions please? Which edition of Windows ? What Service Pack level is it now on ? For XP, *right* click My Computer either on the Desktop or Start Menu and choose Properties. The information is under System: For Vista \Win7, *right* click Computer either on the Desktop or Start Menu and choose Properties. The information is under 'Windows edition' 0x8024D007 WU_E_SETUP_REGISTRATION_FAILED Windows Update Agent could not be updated because regsvr32.exe return...

Message Disappear From Outlook 2003
Hi, I'm using outlook 2003 and our Exchange Server is 2003. Also I'm using POP3 and I do not leave copy in the Exchange Server. recently there are messages disappeare from the inbox after I received them. I do not have rules or filters, Junk email is disabled. I checked the Antivirus but nothing helpful. Thanks Tariq <Tariq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, I'm using outlook 2003 and our Exchange Server is 2003. Also I'm > using POP3 and I do not leave copy in the Exchange Server. Not addressing you issue, by may I ask why? I would think Exchange would...

Catching messages of dynamically created CStatic members
Hi fellows. I have a CWnd-derived class that has two CStatic members, that are created dynamically. My question is simple: What must I do in order to receive messages of such members? This CWnd-derived class is for creating a custom control. This control needs vertical scrollbar, so I'm using two bitmaps, one as de up arrow and the other as the down arrow. I already placed them, now I need to receive the notification (the click notification). // in the header CStatic m_lblArrowUp; CStatic m_lblArrowDown; // in the Create method m_lblArrowUp.Create(_T(""), WS_CHILD | WS_VIS...

error 0x80040900 HELP!!
using, outlook 2003, winXP PRO, yahoo small business account, and either verizon or AOL dialup. Can send email using POP3 but not receive. settings are they way they should be, have spoken to verizon, yahoo, and AOL, no answers.. ...

Report on related messages
Hi There We use our email response times as a service performance indicator. At the moment it is a manual process where we check the date/time we receive an email and then when we respond. If there is more than one set of to'ing and fro'ing with the email, we report on the date/time of the first email and the date/time of the last email where the issue was resolved. I notice that there must be a mechanism linking all related messages in a string of messages and was wondering if there was any way of reporting on this? I would appreciate any help on this if anyone else had done...

run-time error 3251 object not capable of performing requested operation
I am getting an error message when my POS is syncing the offline database. I'm running rms v1.3r. "Run-time error 3251, object or provider is not capable of performing requested operation" I have multiple registers and I'm only getting this on 1 of my registers. I thought my offline database my have been corrupted so I created a new offline database and I'm still getting this error message. Any ideas? Thanks, Jay ------=_NextPart_0001_7DE494E8 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good afternoon Jay, Thank you for posting your question about a...