Get SQL Business Alerts to work with Manufacturing Tables

I was surprised during recent project that SQL Business Alerts did not work
with any manufacturing tables. In our situation we wanted ECN's (from
Engineering Change Module) to work with SQL Business Alerts so that users
would know a new ECN had been created. The inconsistently in our (Microsoft
Great Plains) product is still an issue.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=84d14687-45d1-41dd-89e4-4e280bf6811d&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

If you go to Tools...Utilities...System...Business Alerts, you should be able
to add MFG tables for use with Business Alerts. All dictionaries will appear
in a list and you can select tables within that dictionary.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Bron Tamulis, CPIM - Tectura Company" wrote:

> I was surprised during recent project that SQL Business Alerts did not work
> with any manufacturing tables. In our situation we wanted ECN's (from
> Engineering Change Module) to work with SQL Business Alerts so that users
> would know a new ECN had been created. The inconsistently in our (Microsoft
> Great Plains) product is still an issue.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=84d14687-45d1-41dd-89e4-4e280bf6811d&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
callen (2505)
2/10/2006 5:26:28 PM
Thank you very much - I learn something new everyday.

No matter how long you work with this application, there is always something
to learn. Do you know what revision this functionality was included in? I
could swear that original SQL MFG version - the old ICONtrol tables didn't
work - just curious.

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> If you go to Tools...Utilities...System...Business Alerts, you should be able
> to add MFG tables for use with Business Alerts. All dictionaries will appear
> in a list and you can select tables within that dictionary.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Bron Tamulis, CPIM - Tectura Company" wrote:
>
> > I was surprised during recent project that SQL Business Alerts did not work
> > with any manufacturing tables. In our situation we wanted ECN's (from
> > Engineering Change Module) to work with SQL Business Alerts so that users
> > would know a new ECN had been created. The inconsistently in our (Microsoft
> > Great Plains) product is still an issue.
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=84d14687-45d1-41dd-89e4-4e280bf6811d&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
I think at least since 5.5.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Bron Tamulis, CPIM - Tectura Company" wrote:

> Thank you very much - I learn something new everyday.
>
> No matter how long you work with this application, there is always something
> to learn. Do you know what revision this functionality was included in? I
> could swear that original SQL MFG version - the old ICONtrol tables didn't
> work - just curious.
>
> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>
> > If you go to Tools...Utilities...System...Business Alerts, you should be able
> > to add MFG tables for use with Business Alerts. All dictionaries will appear
> > in a list and you can select tables within that dictionary.
> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "Bron Tamulis, CPIM - Tectura Company" wrote:
> >
> > > I was surprised during recent project that SQL Business Alerts did not work
> > > with any manufacturing tables. In our situation we wanted ECN's (from
> > > Engineering Change Module) to work with SQL Business Alerts so that users
> > > would know a new ECN had been created. The inconsistently in our (Microsoft
> > > Great Plains) product is still an issue.
> > >
> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=84d14687-45d1-41dd-89e4-4e280bf6811d&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
callen (2505)

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

PA Misc. Log Tables

visual basic

Getting the BCC field by default.

Ctrl+D not working on outlook messages

SQL View with Smartlist Builder
I am having to recreate Anyviews (GP8) into Smartlists (GP10SP3). Not very happy. Many of our Smartlist require the use of SQL views do to the limitations of Anyview and now Smartlist. It appears that I must create a separate Smartlist for each company I wish to use my sql view with. Is there not a way to include a custom SQL view in Smartlist, and have Smartlist use the company the user is logged into? The view exist in each company database. Can this be done with SQL Reporting server and DynamicsGP? Can I pull a report based on the company db the user is logged into? Thanks for the...

Getting rid of selection

Workplace Queues

Doesn't show busy,when scheduling meeting
Hello I have a user, who has meetings scheduled and shows up in her Calendar fine. But, when she or someone else tries to schedule new meeting, invite her, it doesn't show her busy schedule. It indicates as if she is available all time. Secondly, when she edits the meeting and marks as "Out of Office", than it shows up as busy. Her Out of Office is Off. Outlook 2000 with Exchange corporate setup. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks ...

why does my spell check not work?
My spell check has never worked. What can I do to set it up? In what program / version "karen" <karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA8883BD-0958-4AB0-93FF-F43E4FB9D176@microsoft.com... > My spell check has never worked. What can I do to set it up? ...

Date function quit working

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro

item class table

Get info from Fidelity
I use money's portfolio manager to retrieve info from my Fidelity accounts. However, it only retrieve stock and bond informations. It did not retrieve the money market fund information. How can I make it download money market fund info? In microsoft.public.money, Peter Tso wrote: >I use money's portfolio manager to retrieve info from my >Fidelity accounts. However, it only retrieve stock and >bond informations. It did not retrieve the money market >fund information. How can I make it download money market >fund info? Fidelity does things a differently th...

Outlook to SQL
The problem is this I'm trying to get my Contact list that was created on a Exchange Server to a SQL table. How do I do this with keeping the Database created in SQL up-to-date via Outlook. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/database.htm and = http://www.slipstick.com/addins/groupcontacts.htm for tools to help with = this.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "ErikSQLConfuser" <ErikSQLConfuser@discussions.microsoft.com...

Get Xml from web .
This is a link to an address where I would like to access xml. http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi?cmd=user_xml&email=XXXX The XXXX is the email address of a user. All I want to do is access the xml and view it in a datagrid. I have read several tuturials and articles and have not been able to find something that would explain how to do this. Does anyone know of a sample code or something close I could use as a reference. I am using visualstudio.net. and visual basic. THX Take a look at using the following classes on your app: HttpWebRequest HttpWebResponse DataSe...

SQL query / Formula for Reorder Point?