Get/Change operation on table 'SY_Error_Messages_MSTR'

Hi all,

We upgraded from GP version 9 to version 10 over the past weekend. I have a
user who is entering Payables Transactions and she is receiving the following
message when she tries to enter a duplicate PO#....

Unhandled database exception:
A get/change operation on table 'SY_Error_Messages_MSTR' cannot find the
table.
Invalid object name 'SY01700'

So based on the error, the incorrect message is appearing to the user. Can I
rebuild the SY01700 table? Is this really the issue?

Any help would be greatly appeciated!

Thanks,

Lori
0
LoriBaker (6)

The SY01700 Table holds the error messages, so don't delete the table.

Run the grant.sql script to check permissions are correct.

If the SY01700 Table wasn't in the DYNAMICS DB, then I suspect you wouldn't
even be able to log into DynamicsGP.

In file maintenance, only run drop and recreate the stored procedures for
the Alert Message Table.
--
Mick

"Lori Baker" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We upgraded from GP version 9 to version 10 over the past weekend. I have a
> user who is entering Payables Transactions and she is receiving the following
> message when she tries to enter a duplicate PO#....
>
> Unhandled database exception:
> A get/change operation on table 'SY_Error_Messages_MSTR' cannot find the
> table.
> Invalid object name 'SY01700'
>
> So based on the error, the incorrect message is appearing to the user. Can I
> rebuild the SY01700 table? Is this really the issue?
>
> Any help would be greatly appeciated!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lori
0
MickEgan (61)
10/4/2008 12:08:00 AM
SY01700 is the Alert Messages Table.

Is this happening ONLY to this one user?  If the user tries to work on
another station with their same user id/pw do they get the same message?  (If
yes the problem may be with the table, if not it is with the workstation copy
of GP or rights)

Can another user log on to the ws and into GP with another user id and get
the error?  If they dont ge the error, the problem may be rights of the user
that gets the error.

Hope this helps

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Lori Baker" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We upgraded from GP version 9 to version 10 over the past weekend. I have a
> user who is entering Payables Transactions and she is receiving the following
> message when she tries to enter a duplicate PO#....
>
> Unhandled database exception:
> A get/change operation on table 'SY_Error_Messages_MSTR' cannot find the
> table.
> Invalid object name 'SY01700'
>
> So based on the error, the incorrect message is appearing to the user. Can I
> rebuild the SY01700 table? Is this really the issue?
>
> Any help would be greatly appeciated!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lori
0
info4071 (3004)

How do you change the rows to columns and columns to rows.
Ok, I am stumped on how to do this? I have a spreadsheed that has Dates in the A column and Data in the row. I want to make is so, the data is in the A column and Dates ru accross in the 1 column. How can I do this? Sound easy, but I am stumped??? :eek -- cc4digita ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cc4digital's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2656 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39843 Highlight your data and copy it into the clipboard. Move to an open spot in the sprea...

OnChange event
Hi all, I want to let the end users change the color of the top and bottom dark blue (or navy) borders of the Account form using a drop down that lists the colors (red, yellow and blue) .So the OnChange event of the picklist should trigger the change of the top and bottom dark blue colors to which ever color is selected. However I dont know if this can be accomplished. I even dont know if a stylesheet is used for that purpose, which one refers to these areas of the form. Any help will be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance! ...

Calculated fields in Pivot Tables
Is it possible to use an "if" formula when creating a calculated field? I have an existing field in my pivot table called commissions and I want to create a new field that will give me a 1 if for each row if commissions are over 4 and a 0 if they are under 4. Is this possible? What is the formula? It seems ok Try something like : =IF(Commissions>=4,1,0) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "lj" <lj@spu.edu> wrote in message news:1132008509.143327.194520@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to u...

why can't I get outlook to send when I'm emailing a webpage?
Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately opens with the email template but it is always missing the send button and there is no option under actions to send it either. What is going on? Thanks!!! If you tell us your Outlook version and Windows version, and exactly what you're doing to send the page, then you'll have a better chance of getting a response. The Internet Explorer version might also be helpful. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "reinadelmar" wrote: > Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately...

Unable to change password
Hi, We have some users in domain A, who now have exchange accounts in domain B. They will log on to domain A as usual, then when they open outlook it prompts them for a logon to domain B. Works fine. Problem is that we gave them all a standard PW for domain B so we could check their mail was working. We now want them to change their passwords for domain B, so we selected 'user must change PW at next logon' in the AD. Sure enough they are prompted to change password when they open outlook, but the password change is never accepted. Can anyone help? Andy Cox ...

Percent Change
I'm using the formula (A2-A1)/A1 to determine the % change between two cells. I have an instance where I need to subtract the value of two cells from the current cell before determining the % change. I've come up with several different ways to arrive at the actual changed value (e.g. A3-SUM(A1:A2) or SUM(A3-A2-A1) ) which return the correct value but when I try to arrive at the % change from the original amount by adding "/A1" to the formula I get an error. Am I way off? Tom, Could you post the end formula exactly as you typed it? It should work, based on what you'...

sort data without changing pattern
I have a worksheet where every other row has a 'pattern' in it to help make it easier to read across the spreadsheet. The problem I'm running into is as I add new rows at the bottom of the spreadsheet and then resort them into their correct place, the patterns go with the sort and now the patterns have to be redone again the get them back to every other row. Any suggestions? This will happen if your patterns are manually applied. It would be better to remove that manual shading and to apply background colours using conditional formatting, the condition being if th...

how do I get the cursor to move to cell A1 when I press home key
When I press the home key I want the cursor to go to cell A1. From the Menu Bar: <Tools> <Options> <Transition> tab, And *check* "Transition Navigation Keys". This might cause you other "problems' though! -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "RANLAY" <RANLAY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F93B2017-347...

Outlook 2003
We're on Exchange 2003 and have started rolling out Outlook 2003 in place of Outlook 2000. In Outlook 2003 by default all folders come up grouped by day and with solid lines between the messages. Everyone hates these "features" and has made a point of telling me so. Yes, each individual folder can be changed back through the user interface but that's a non-solution for 100 users that have an average of 25 folders each plus the 50 or so public folders as well. Is there any way to change this default behavior in Outlook 2003 so that all folders come up without the solid lines...

How to get money online ?
I Recomended 2 Link 1) http://isabelmarco.com/?r=afis 2) http://www.buxout.com/?r=Afis Join now and see the proof ...

Damn the accept/change downloaded transactions feature!!!
I recently upgraded from Money 2001 to Money 2004 and I HATE IT! My favorite feature of Money was the ability to download all my transactions electronically from my bank, and then decide how they would be categorized and entered into my account register. Now it's so much more complicated with this "Accept/Change" stuff!!! I realize this has been around since Money 2002, but I'm just experiencing this horror now. I HATE the way it just puts new transactions right into your register! And what the heck does "Accept" or "Change" mean anyway? Do they mean...

pivot table subtotals
I'm stuck trying to develop subtotals in a pivot table. I hav successfully placed Sums of the individual elements, but I'd like "Subtotal" line for specific types of elements i.e.: 1/22 1/23 1/24 Group1 Apples Oranges Pears Group1 Sum Group2 Corn Carrots Beans Group2 Sum Grand Total All of thee above rows/lines calculate just fine except the GroupX Su lines? Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get subtotals to wor correctly? Do -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Double-click on the field button at the top of the Group column. Un...

How to get pidl for Quick launch?
Hi, I would like to browse all files&folder under Quick Launch for all users instead of only some certain user. Because different user was allocated with different path for Quick Launch, I have to use pidl to browse for all users. Unfortunately, I didn't know how to get its pidl by SHGetSpecialFolderLocation because I don't know the CSIDL value that identifies the folder of interest. Does anyone know it? I would really appreciate it. -- Nothing impossible, Nothing sure ...

Allow Account Description changes in "Mass Modify" screen
In the "Mass Modify" screen of Account Maintenance "Cards", there should be a selection for Description changes. Some of our Accounts have 45-50 account combinations. If an account needs to be renamed, I have to go into each card to update. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click ...

Changing the Normal Style
How can I chnage the Normal style in Excel 2000 so that new worksheets begin with the cell formatting set to center vertically? Styles are stored with each workbook. So you could create a workbook that has the normal style you want. Then save this workbook as a template for all new workbooks. If that's what you want to do: Start a new workbook. Format|style|Modify (and modify it to your heart's content) Also, modify anything else you want as a standard--header/footers, page orientation, number of worksheets in that workbook??? Now save it as a template in your XLStart folder as ...

Format Cells Date (or any change) not working on imported data
Hello, I've just spent ages researching this and not come up with what I need to be able to do. I have a worksheet for some simple data that has been imported, a date, text and number column (as they display graphically to the end user). All are a "general" format when using Format > Cells. The issue I have is that the date information is in an American date format and I would like to change them into a UK date format. Format > Cells and selecting any option (including custom and special) makes no changes to the imported data. I have seen the work arounds whereby you sp...

Changing Tab Focus
I have three tabs in a worksheet; Their names are Current, Current(2) and Data-Tables. Current(2) is an exact copy of Current. The Data-Tables sheet gets it's information from the Current tab. I use Current(2) to make changes and improvements. After a while I decide I want to use Current(2) in stead of Current. How do I get the Data-Tables sheet to recognize Current(2) instead of Current? I tried changing the names back and forth, but that doesn't work. If I delete the Current tab and then rename Current(2) to Current the Data-Tables sheet is full of Reference errors. Must be...

Can I change default workplace "All" filter to "Appointments"??
Hi all, We heavily use the Appointments section of the CRM Workplace, and have defined a number of important Appointment views (Today's Appointments, Tomorrow's Appointments, To Be Scheduled Appointments, Waiting for Callback), etc. (We heaviy customized Appointments to add a status value, and links to our custom entities. Very useful!) The views all work fine, except they don't show up in the main set of activity views. They DO show up when the Type = "Appointment", so using these views require the user to: a) Click on Workplace b) Change the Type from All to Appoin...

Counting Blank Cells in Pivot Table
How do I have a Pivot Table count the blank cells as well as the other cells? The Pivot table I created counts everything that had data (A, B, C, D, etc...) but does not count the blank cells. Thank you, Jack As answered in microsoft.public.excel.charting: To count the blanks you could use a space character, or the formula ="", in the source data, instead of leaving the cells blank. The pivot table will be able to count those. Jack wrote: > How do I have a Pivot Table count the blank cells as well > as the other cells? The Pivot table I created counts > everythi...

Getting rid of #VALUE!
Hi I'm using excel 2000 I have a spreadsheet for calculating Overtime A = Hourly Rate B = Single Time Hours C = Single Time Cost D = Time and a Half Hours E = Time and a Half Cost F = Double Time Hours G = Double Time Costs H = Total costs In columns C,E and G I have the following formulae C > =IF(B3="","",SUM(B3*A3)) E > =IF(D3="","",SUM(A3*D3)+(D3/2*A3)) G > =IF(F3="","",SUM(F3*2*A3)) which calculate the cost of overtime, but leave the cell blank if n hours are enterr...

Specify data for use in FRx pivot tables
How do I specify what data fields appear in an Excel pivot table (or ..cub file) from FRx? I want to export the natural account number into the pivot table to sort on. TIA ...

Changing the color of Cell Selection?
I can barley see the cells I select. How do I change the color of cell selection so I can see what I am trying to highlight? Adjusting my computer contrast settings does not help. Hi, Have a look at Chip Pearson's Rowliner addin http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm Mike "ks" wrote: > I can barley see the cells I select. How do I change the color of cell > selection so I can see what I am trying to highlight? Adjusting my computer > contrast settings does not help. This may be of some help. Copy and paste in the sheet module. Now wheneve...

name change of a form
Hi, I accidently named a form tblFormName instead of frmFormName. I want to change the name from tbl to frm to use the correct naming convention, so there isn't any confusion if the form is opened from the database window. I checked object dependencies and there are no objects that depend on the form, but there are objects on which the form depends. If I rename the form, will it cause any problems with other objects? (In laymen's terms: will it screw anything up if I change the form name?) Thanks. Can't possibly say. It depends on a lot of things. The Autocorrect feature ...

Code to make a Spinner button work with Filters on a Pivot Table
I create a lot of Pivot Tables with filter fields. Years ago I saw a demo on this tool and loved it. I got the code and my computer died before I was able to use it and my backup was a week old! Does anyone have this code? -- TheTraveler Hi Take a look on Debra Dalgleish's site http://www.contextures.com/PivotMultiPagesChangeAll.zip -- Regards Roger Govier TheTraveler wrote: > I create a lot of Pivot Tables with filter fields. Years ago I saw a demo on > this tool and loved it. I got the code and my computer died before I was > able to use it and m...