FRx row format account labels

Hello:

When an FRx row format is created by using "Edit...Add Rows from Chart of
Accounts" and so forth, how does FRx determine the name of the account to
place within the row?

What I'm getting at is that a row format that is based on the natural
account segment can represent several accounts--for example, an account that
represents several departments--can be "divided" into different departments
based on the segment of the account.

So, for an account that has as many as ten departments, how does FRx
determine the name for the account.  The account description for one account
might be different actually from an account description for an account of a
different department even though both accounts share the same natural
segment.  By default, the account descriopton that appears in FRx may not
represent the "correct" department.

Thanks!

childofthe1980s

FRx draws the natural account description from the segment description in
Great Plains (Tools >> Setup >> Financial >> Segment).  If the description
does not exist, it takes the first description from the chart of account
list with the natural segment in it.

"childothe1980s" <childothe1980s@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello:
>
> When an FRx row format is created by using "Edit...Add Rows from Chart of
> Accounts" and so forth, how does FRx determine the name of the account to
> place within the row?
>
> What I'm getting at is that a row format that is based on the natural
> account segment can represent several accounts--for example, an account
> that
> represents several departments--can be "divided" into different
> departments
> based on the segment of the account.
>
> So, for an account that has as many as ten departments, how does FRx
> determine the name for the account.  The account description for one
> account
> might be different actually from an account description for an account of
> different department even though both accounts share the same natural
> segment.  By default, the account descriopton that appears in FRx may not
> represent the "correct" department.
>
> Thanks!
>
> childofthe1980s

0
David4882 (672)

conditional formatting?
I have a sheet that has a formula that calculates the dates of cleanings, i have made a conditional format so that the dates that are coming up and past month are highlighted. I now want to be able to change the conditional format back to normal or another colour when the job is done, is there a way to do it? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice BizTalk: Conditional looping incorporating the Greater Than functoid. http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/e4334816-d106-40f2-812d-043c18df964c/biztalk-conditional-loop.aspx How are you indicating that the jo...

Want to know if there is a canned project summary format that I can use/customize #2
Hi Debra, Thanks for the tip. I found some very interesting templates there However, I didn't find any that suits my needs. I will continue t search for that -- ssaiba ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ssaibal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1493 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26567 ...

Option to Include/Exclude Account in Budget is Inactive
I want to exclude the income in my retirement accounts from being included in the budget planning and being shown as income in monthly reports. However, tn the account details for both accounts, the option to include in the budget planner is "checked" but is grayed out and in-active; thus I can't uncheck it. How to make active to enable to uncheck? ...

Conditional format problem
I have a column of data in an excel spreadsheet that uses the "workday" function to create a cell value that shows a date. when you manually input a date in one of the cells, all of the cells below auto adjust to the new dates based on the "workday" formula. what I want to do is when a date is manually input into one of the cells that has the workday formula in it, I want the cell to change color if the new date is before or after the date that was originally in this cell with the formula. when I try to input the conditional format, I am getting an error message that...

Problems formatting Pivot Chart
Hello, I have created a very simple pivot chart (a bar chart) that only has one serie. I formated the chart, with colors and labels, but each time I refresh I loose all formats. I have already been in the help, and I have the preserve formatting option active, but I still keep loosing the formats. Can anybody help? Thank You. Alex Barulho ...

Conditional Formating based on Odd vs. Even
Hi If row in column A contains an even number, shade that row in Colum B-G Yellow, If odd Shade Gray, If blank No Shade. Can this be done i a formula in Conditional Formatting? If so, how? Help appreciated. Nathan Sargean -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Sure. Select B:G Condition 1: Formula is =Len($A1)=0 (no format) Condition 2: Formula is =MOD($A1,2)=0 (yellow format) Condition 3: FOrmula is : =MOD($A1,2)=1 (grey format) Bob Umlas Excel MVP "natei6 >" <<natei6.1699y4@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:natei6.1699y4@excelforum-no...

Row numbers #2
I want to label and print row numbers for each row, however, I do not wish to print column headings...can I disable the printing of the column headings? Is there possibly a function to run in a cell to provide it a number or something else? ----------------- Scott You can only disable printing column *and* row headings. <File> <PageSetup> <Sheet> tab, Make sure "column & row headings" is *unchecked*. Then, you can number your first column to mirror the row numbers, and that will give the impression of displaying and printing the row headers. You could e...

Updating Bank of America account.
Good morning! I have two BoA accounts (WA) that I synch with MS Money. The synch is failing this morning, and when I hit the BoA site, they have completed updated/changed logon proceedure now with sitekeys, new user ID, etc etc. How do I update MS Money to reflect this change? I *REALLY* hope that it isnt remove the existing BoA account and add it back.. assuming Money will understand or deal with the new logon proceedures. Anyone else seeing this or know how to update the logon proceedures? I've run into this, among other things, since the prolonged 'maintenance' downti...

How can I stop format change when copying data into unlocked cells
How can I stop the format changing when I copy data into an unlocked cell in a format protected worksheet? I need to allow people to both enter data or copy data from another source into cells so I have unlocked these cells but also don't want the format of the cells to be changed. If you enter data directly the format does not change but if you copy and paste data it changes the format. I know you can use "copy paste special values" but would like to know if there is some system way of doing this. Copy/paste this into the sheet module. Right-click on sheet ...

How can I conditionally format in excel for >3 conditions
There are a possible 5 different conditions which I wish to use to determine the colour of a given cell. Each condition should result in a different colour. Using the "wizard" I get a maximum of 3 colours. Is there a slick way around this limitation? What's the criteria for all your scenarios? I mean, chances are, using a =if() with an or() or and and() will do just fine, 1 condition. Danny On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 05:21:03 -0700, Jimbo <Jimbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > There are a possible 5 different conditions which I wish to use to > de...

Fixed Asset Account Distributions
Hello: When you first save an asset without having the Auto Add Book Info box checked, you have to click "Save" in the asset's book window in order to see the account distributions. Does that mean that you have to do hit the Save button not just to see the account distributions but to have those accounts posted to as well? What I'm getting at concerns the importing of new assets through the Import/Export Tool. You have to have the Auto Add Book info box unchecked before importing. So, does this Save button in the Book window have to be clicked subsequently after im...

INSERTING ROWS OF TEXT
HOW DO YOU INSERT ROWS OF TEXT BETWEEN ROWS WHEN YOU NEED T O ADD LINES FOR EXAMPLE IF I NEEDED TO 2 MORE ROWS BETWEEN 6 AND 7 Joe, Please don't post in all caps -- it is considered rude and is hard to read. You can add add two rows between rows 6 and 7 by selecting selecting rows 7 and 8 and choosing Row from the Insert menu. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "JOE" <PLAN@SBSGLOBAL.NET> wrote in message news:03a201c38e8d$dff368b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > HOW DO YOU INSERT ROWS OF TEXT BETWEEN ROWS WHEN YOU NEED &g...

one key adding email account to Blocked sender list
Hi, Can any one tell me how to set an email account to the "Blocked Senders List" with a hot key rather then the right mouse-junk mail-add sender to blocked process? I don't want to do a lot of 'mousing-around', just set the msg sender onto the block sender list quickly and move on. Thanks, Hal ...

Date format in OWA
Is there a way to change the date display format or add another format. I want the dates in OWA shown as Fri 27/02/04. Thanks ...

NAMED Custom Number Format
Is there any way of giving a custom number format a name, so that it appears in the list of types when you bring up the custom number format dialog? We use the same format all the time (comma separated, no decimals), & I'd like to create this, call it Separated Ints (or something) and then select it from the list of names, rather than selecting custom and then scrolling through the custom list and trying to make sense of all the semicolons, quotes and other guff. tia mcalex Sounds like you are describing a "Style." Go to Format | Style... and type a new name in the &...

FRx
I've read there is a way to show the Vendor (or Customer) name/id on the transaction detail drill down by adding ORMSTRID or ORMSTRNM columns. Where exactly does this column have to be entered? I don't see ORMSTRID or ORMSTRNM in the Column Header or Column Detail 'Type' fields. Does someone have a clue? Thanks! Aman, On the Column layout - click on the dropdown arrow on the Type row to open the 'Select the Type of Column' Zoom window. At the very bottom of the list of choices these 2 are listed under Vendor Data Types for Transactions. On your output, these w...

Formatting problems when copying Excel spreadsheet to Word
I am new to Excel, so assume this will be an "idiot" question, but... When I try to copy my Excel spreadsheet into a Word doc. the table will not fit on the page. I have tried to change column widths, but the last column on the right will not appear. How can I fix this? On 5/3/04 4:31 PM, in article ABFFD3E4-3393-447F-88FA-21818002133B@microsoft.com, "MaryLynne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am new to Excel, so assume this will be an "idiot" question, but... When I > try to copy my Excel spreadsheet into a Word doc. the table w...

Label Control Doesn't HTML-Encode?
I'm using a GridView control with a TemplateField column. It works fine except I see the text is not HTML-encoded. Here's the column template: <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Title" SortExpression="ActTitle"> <ItemTemplate> <asp:HyperLink ID="lnkActivity" runat="server" > <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("ActTitle") %>'></asp:Label> </asp:HyperLink> </ItemTemplate> </asp:TemplateField> When editing GridView co...

Too many different cell formats #2
I am working with a large spreadsheet (with many worksheets) that will not allow me to change/add any more cell formats and limits my additional data entry. The message pops up "Too many different cell formats". Per Microsoft's support page 213904, they instruct you to reduce the number of formats to standard formats, etc. I've tried to do that but any change backwards to standard formatting is evidently the same as new change. I'm stuck. There must be a trick to quickly change each worksheet back to a standard format. Any help would be appreciated. Excel 2003o...

How to rip Blu-ray movies to other HD formats for enjoyment anywhere you want
[b]How to rip Blu-ray movies to other HD formats for enjoyment anywhere you want[/b] Most portable devices holders want to enjoy high-definition movies on their players anywhere. Blu-ray is the new resource of the HD movie world. Most of us may concern about how to back up Blu-ray disks and play them on our computers or portable devices. It is convenient to enjoy popular Blu-ray movies on our iPod, BlackBerry, iPhone, PSP and other players when we are on the move. Because the price of Blu-ray players and Blu-ray disks are higher than DVDs', most people try to copy fragile and expe...

Set outlook the same with both accounts
I have an admin account and a guest account, but I want them to use the same mail account. I set up the admin account by setting the form name, address, pop3 server and smtp, name p-word. So when I log in with the admin account, it gets my mail for me. But I tried this exact thing with the guest account and it dosn't work, nothing happens. I want it so you start outlook for both, and it gets the mail. Why is the guest account not working? Does any one know? >-----Original Message----- >I have an admin account and a guest account, but I want >them to use the same mail acc...

data label
I am trying to import a .cvs or .txt file into an email program. The error comes up saying - field name headers do not exist. any help out there? thanks.liz. Hi Liz, Might help if you specified the name of the other program. Sounds to me like your first row should have specific content words to identify the column content. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm "lizchase" <lizchase@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ... > I am trying to import a .cvs or .txt file into ...

check external email accounts
How do I check external email accounts with Outlook on sbs2003? You will need a POP client such as Outlook Express or Outlook 2002 and above can provide this function for additional accounts. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Diana" <diana@ezstore.com> wrote in message news:017101c3d6ed$2a5ce4b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do I check external email accounts with Outlook on > sbs2003? ...

MS Money Mortgage Account
I currently running MSM03. I have a mortgage account set up for the monthly payments. I set the account up based upon the amount of loan, monthly payment, rate and escrow details. When I pay the mortgage from my checking account, it automatically calculates the principal and interest per the orignal set up. Recently the calculated values are incorrect. For instance this month, an 1,800.00 payment should have calculated the payment to be ~801 (P) and ~789 (I), plus fixed excrow. It instead calculates tne principal as ~1,500.00 splits the fixed escrow and then calculates the interest as wh...

Conditional Formatting help...
This is a followup question to one I posted a few days ago with the title "How to change cell color based on content". Someone had recommended I use "Conditional Formatting." So, I tried but it didn't work out the way I expected. Here's what I did: New spreadsheet in cell A1: Check in cell B1: 100 Select cell B1 Menu select Format/Conditional Formatting... Left combo, select "Formula Is" In formula box: =(B1 > 0) & (A1 = "Check") Click on Format button Click on Patterns tab Click on the red color Click on OK Click on OK (in Conditional...