FRx reports with Analytical Accounting data

Hi,

Does anyone know if we could  create and manage FRx reports with Analytical
Accounting data?

Any idea of where could I find a demo or better, download a trial version?

Any comments or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Erika

0
erikao (4)

Yes, you can use FRx to report on AA data.  From what I've seen it's the best
tool.  I've had the best luck using trees in FRx to break out the different
dimension values.  I will e-mail you a sample FRx catalog I created.  You can
import it into your specification set and see what I did.

"Erika Okrassa" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if we could  create and manage FRx reports with Analytical
> Accounting data?
>
> Any idea of where could I find a demo or better, download a trial version?
>
> Any comments or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Erika

0
SteveChapman (349)
8/29/2006 5:09:02 PM
Steve,

can you email it to me too at Steve_Kitchen_39@hotmail.com. Steve

"Steve Chapman" wrote:

> Yes, you can use FRx to report on AA data.  From what I've seen it's the best
> tool.  I've had the best luck using trees in FRx to break out the different
> dimension values.  I will e-mail you a sample FRx catalog I created.  You can
> import it into your specification set and see what I did.
>
> "Erika Okrassa" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know if we could  create and manage FRx reports with Analytical
> > Accounting data?
> >
> > Any idea of where could I find a demo or better, download a trial version?
> >
> > Any comments or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Erika

0
Steve3367 (862)
8/29/2006 11:08:01 PM
How is the speed?  I've created a report in which I didn't use trees but
filtered the data.  The time to create this report is unbelievable...I'm
running on the server and it takes 30 minutes at least.

"Steve Chapman" wrote:

> Yes, you can use FRx to report on AA data.  From what I've seen it's the best
> tool.  I've had the best luck using trees in FRx to break out the different
> dimension values.  I will e-mail you a sample FRx catalog I created.  You can
> import it into your specification set and see what I did.
>
> "Erika Okrassa" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know if we could  create and manage FRx reports with Analytical
> > Accounting data?
> >
> > Any idea of where could I find a demo or better, download a trial version?
> >
> > Any comments or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Erika

Please Steve show me how to make a Balance Sheet using AA.

I am in trouble, I have a bad feeling about it.

"Steve" wrote:

> Steve,
>
> can you email it to me too at Steve_Kitchen_39@hotmail.com. Steve
>
> "Steve Chapman" wrote:
>
> > Yes, you can use FRx to report on AA data.  From what I've seen it's the best
> > tool.  I've had the best luck using trees in FRx to break out the different
> > dimension values.  I will e-mail you a sample FRx catalog I created.  You can
> > import it into your specification set and see what I did.
> >
> > "Erika Okrassa" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Does anyone know if we could  create and manage FRx reports with Analytical
> > > Accounting data?
> > >
> > > Any idea of where could I find a demo or better, download a trial version?
> > >
> > > Any comments or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Erika

0
Adrian1 (78)

Reporting IRA distributions
I have an IRA account with corresponding cash account. I am trying to get the distribution from the IRA to show up as "Retirement Income" in the Tax-Related Transactions report. How to do it? The distributions are handled as a transfer from the IRA Investment cash acct to a checking account. Thanks for any help. Money 99, BTW. Do I need to upgrade to a later version? ...

Data migration - Adventure Works

Performance By Investment Account
I've been trying to analyze the return calculations that MS Money provides in both the Portfolio Manager and also the Performance by Investment Account. One curious thing that I've come across and had previously not paid attention to is a feature in the Performance by Investment Account. If you click on "Customize' for this report, under the "Rows & Columns" tab there is a customizable setting called "Do not show performance based on data of less than: xx days." It defaults to 90 days. Does anyone know if this feature actually does anything? I'v...

How to split an account into two accounts
8 years ago I started my 403B and 401A retirement accounts with Fidelity as a single account. It did not both me that the paper showed them as two accounts and I should have fixed it sooner. Now that Fidelity is allowing me to download the information it is clear that I should have two accounts. However I have purchased 4 mutal funds every two weeks for the past 8 years and now to split them it appears I need to move 2 of these sets of fund transactionss to a the account. The move one transaction at a time is growing old. Is their an easy way or to accomlish a mass move of all transac...

Custom reports #3

how to run onhand value report
I get the message enter parameter when entering the zoom feature On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 17:36:01 -0800, junebugg <junebugg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get the message enter parameter when entering the zoom feature You'll have to give us some more context than that, junebugg. What's the "onhand value report"? What's the "zoom feature"? You can see your database; we cannot! -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Shared email account
I am new XP user. I have set up separate XP accounts for me and for my wife. I would like to have both of us to be able to use the same Outlook email address. How do I set up Outlook so that the 2 XP accounts look at the same Inbox, Sent Items, Address Book, etc.? Thanks, Dan P Locate the pst-file for the account that now has all the e-mails in it. Move the pst-file to a location both can reach (for instance C:\Outlook) Start Outlook fot that user and it will prompt you for the new location. Once configured close Outlook for that user and logon as the other user Open Outlook and choo...

Frx and "invalid procedure call or argument"
Hi, I am running Frx 6.7 in a TS environment. When I generate a report (using 'Financial and Account' detail level) the report generates to DDV but if I try and drill down to any lines detail, or export the detail to excel then I get an "invalid procedure call or argument" error. This problem exists for all of my 12 reports I have tried. I have checked my column headings and these do not overlap or have reverse numbering. Please advise Thank you Neil Hi, I resolved this myself - it was due to the option 'Sort GL Accounts By' being marked on the Report Opti...

Admin Account
Why do I see my administrator account logging on to every mailbox in the Event Viewer when I reboot. Also, the login list shows my admin account logged into many mailboxes. Is this normal? "Myrick" <pmyrick@keloland.com> wrote: >Why do I see my administrator account logging on to every >mailbox in the Event Viewer when I reboot. Also, the login >list shows my admin account logged into many mailboxes. Is >this normal? Probably because you've got some sort of software that's accessing those mailboxes (like some AV software might do), and it's runn...

Departments on Z Report
Hello, I have noticed that as I set up new departments and categories into the database, the new departments are always printed last...or below all of the other departments. Is there a way to change this, and possibly have them organized alphebetically or in an order I would like? Thank You, Vicne Perhaps if you modified the department table usinfg Microsoft Access 2003 .... not that I would advise that :-) Vince... is this you... my buddy? Since you don't use an email address... I'm never sure if it you... and then I worry I'm getting too personal with someone I don'...

How do I assign a name to a PDF report via VBA
Thanks to the internet site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee336132.aspx I have the following subprocedure: Private Sub Print_to_PDF_Click() On Error Resume Next Dim reportName As String reportName = "HCBS CMgr Smmry Report" DoCmd.OpenReport reportName, _ View:=acPreview, WindowMode:=acHidden Set Reports(reportName).Printer = _ Application.Printers("CutePDF Printer") DoCmd.OpenReport reportName, _ View:=acViewNormal End Sub This appears to be a good start; however, it stops and waits for me to enter the n...

How can I count unique values in a query in the report footer 12-16-07
I have a report that gives me the count of the status of individuals . This works fine as long is there is only one record in the query (in my query there is one record per month). When I query 12 months (individuals may appear in various months) it counts each record of an individual. For Example in a query considering 12 months for a widow Jones it may count her 12 times and for a survivor named Smith may count her 8 times: Widows 12 Survivors 8 I would like to add a count in the report footer that will tell me how many unique individuals I have in the report (Example widows: Tot...

PM Purchase Account
When running a Payables Transaction Smartlist the Purchase account column pulls the information from the Vendor card. Is there an option to have the list pull the PURCH account from the transaction? I can't seem to see an available column that will give that information. Nope. That would require creating a customer SmartList in SL Builder or a report in Crystal or SSRS. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com =A0 On Jul 27, 9:19=A0pm, "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP&...

Source data, in Chart Menu, is grey and not accessible.
I set up a pivot table and designed a chart, saved and closed out of the workbook. Upon returning to work on this project, when selecting the chart menu to work with my source data, the source data is grey and not accessible. What might be causing this and can I correct it? It's a pivot chart. As soon as it's created, it's linked permanently to the pivot table, and you cannot change the source data. you cannot add more data that's not in the pivot table to the chart, nor can you remove data that is in the pivot table from the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft...

Bulk Edit Parent Account
I seem to have the problem of not being able to bulk edit parent accounts in CRM 4.0. I have tried to follow the instructions for fixing this in 3.0, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933898/, but the lines they have you change are not in the 4.0 version of the account entity xml file. Is this a known bug in 4.0 and is there a fix? ...

printing problems with memorized reports
We have recently been running into printing problems with our memorized reports. We will print preview a report and it will look fine on screen, then we will send to the printer, and the report print extremely small in the corner of the page. However if we go back in and re-print the report then it will print normal size on the page. We are not making any settings changes at all, and when it does this appears to just be at random. We are printing to an HP laserjet 4000 series printer that is on our network. We've used RMS with the same configuration for approx. 5 years now and ...

Reports and sub-reports problems
Dear Sirs,I have a report with 4 sub-reports.How can it be that 2 sub-reports are showing the data triple.Can someone help?ThanksKlaus I just realized. It's not due to being a subreport - it's already showing on the normal report triple data. It was not before and I did not change anything. I hope that someone can help me.Thanks Klaus"Amateur" wrote:> Dear Sirs,> I have a report with 4 sub-reports.> How can it be that 2 sub-reports are showing the data triple.> Can someone help?> Thanks> Klaus...

multi-company FRx reports
in FRx 6.5 and GP10, if company A and Company B have the same COA structre, can I create a report pulling data from both company databases and create a consolidated financial statement? Can I combine both the budget and actuals? Jim, Yes, what you're asking for is exactly what FRx does. If you are just starting out with FRx, I highly recommend a little training. An hour or two is typically enough for most users to be off creating their own reports. A little surprising to hear you say that you're on FRx 6.5 with GP 10.0 - the current version of FRx is 6.7 and ha...