FRx Report Date won't change

We have a customer that has a GP Fiscal Year of 9073.  Apparently, an AP
transaction had accidentally been posted with a document date of 9073.  So,
in order to void that transaction, they created the fiscal year of 9073.

Now, in FRx when they try to change the Report Date to December 2008, FRx
changes the report date to December 9072.

We've tried deleting the .g32 file and rebuilding the FRx GL Index.  We've
also tried deleting the SY40100 and SY40101 tables, rebuilding the Fiscal
Periods in GP then rebuilding the FRx GL index but we still can use the
12/2008 date in FRx.

Any suggestions?
0
Elaine (442)

Elaine,

What version and service pack of FRx?

Are all the fiscal periods marked as closed on the Fiscal Periods Setup
window?  If so, try unchecking the Financial series for 12/2008, then
rebuilding the GL index.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Elaine" <Elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a customer that has a GP Fiscal Year of 9073.  Apparently, an AP
> transaction had accidentally been posted with a document date of 9073.
> So,
> in order to void that transaction, they created the fiscal year of 9073.
>
> Now, in FRx when they try to change the Report Date to December 2008, FRx
> changes the report date to December 9072.
>
> We've tried deleting the .g32 file and rebuilding the FRx GL Index.  We've
> also tried deleting the SY40100 and SY40101 tables, rebuilding the Fiscal
> Periods in GP then rebuilding the FRx GL index but we still can use the
> 12/2008 date in FRx.
>
> Any suggestions?

0
victoria (3340)
1/21/2009 10:52:31 AM
Hi Victoria,

All the periods are open for 2008.  We also tried it with all the periods
open for 9073 and then tried it again with all 9073 periods closed.  They are
on 6.7.7032.

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Elaine,
>
> What version and service pack of FRx?
>
> Are all the fiscal periods marked as closed on the Fiscal Periods Setup
> window?  If so, try unchecking the Financial series for 12/2008, then
> rebuilding the GL index.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
> http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
> blog: www.victoriayudin.com
>

> "Elaine" <Elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have a customer that has a GP Fiscal Year of 9073.  Apparently, an AP
> > transaction had accidentally been posted with a document date of 9073.
> > So,
> > in order to void that transaction, they created the fiscal year of 9073.
> >
> > Now, in FRx when they try to change the Report Date to December 2008, FRx
> > changes the report date to December 9072.
> >
> > We've tried deleting the .g32 file and rebuilding the FRx GL Index.  We've
> > also tried deleting the SY40100 and SY40101 tables, rebuilding the Fiscal
> > Periods in GP then rebuilding the FRx GL index but we still can use the
> > 12/2008 date in FRx.
> >
> > Any suggestions?

0
Elaine (442)
1/21/2009 5:32:01 PM
Elaine,

Is this happening with just one report?  Or all reports?  Can you test
creating a brand new report with a new simple row and column format and see
if it still has the same issue?

You might also want to consider upgrading to a newer service pack - looks
like you're on SP 7 and FRX 6.7 is up to SP 10:
http://victoriayudin.com/2008/10/13/frx-service-packs/.  I don't know if
this is something specifically addressed in later service packs, but I do
know there were a number of fixes and enhancements recently.

--

> Hi Victoria,
>
> All the periods are open for 2008.  We also tried it with all the periods
> open for 9073 and then tried it again with all 9073 periods closed.  They
> are
> on 6.7.7032.
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Elaine,
>>
>> What version and service pack of FRx?
>>
>> Are all the fiscal periods marked as closed on the Fiscal Periods Setup
>> window?  If so, try unchecking the Financial series for 12/2008, then
>> rebuilding the GL index.
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>> Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
>> http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
>> blog: www.victoriayudin.com
>>

>> "Elaine" <Elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > We have a customer that has a GP Fiscal Year of 9073.  Apparently, an
>> > AP
>> > transaction had accidentally been posted with a document date of 9073.
>> > So,
>> > in order to void that transaction, they created the fiscal year of
>> > 9073.
>> >
>> > Now, in FRx when they try to change the Report Date to December 2008,
>> > FRx
>> > changes the report date to December 9072.
>> >
>> > We've tried deleting the .g32 file and rebuilding the FRx GL Index.
>> > We've
>> > also tried deleting the SY40100 and SY40101 tables, rebuilding the
>> > Fiscal
>> > Periods in GP then rebuilding the FRx GL index but we still can use the
>> > 12/2008 date in FRx.
>> >
>> > Any suggestions?

0
victoria (3340)
1/21/2009 5:54:49 PM
Thanks, Victoria!  We'll try a new report first.  If that doesn't do it,
we'll install the  lastest service pack.

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Elaine,
>
> Is this happening with just one report?  Or all reports?  Can you test
> creating a brand new report with a new simple row and column format and see
> if it still has the same issue?
>
> You might also want to consider upgrading to a newer service pack - looks
> like you're on SP 7 and FRX 6.7 is up to SP 10:
> http://victoriayudin.com/2008/10/13/frx-service-packs/.  I don't know if
> this is something specifically addressed in later service packs, but I do
> know there were a number of fixes and enhancements recently.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
> http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
> blog: www.victoriayudin.com
>

> "Elaine" <Elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Victoria,
> >
> > All the periods are open for 2008.  We also tried it with all the periods
> > open for 9073 and then tried it again with all 9073 periods closed.  They
> > are
> > on 6.7.7032.
> >
> > "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Elaine,
> >>
> >> What version and service pack of FRx?
> >>
> >> Are all the fiscal periods marked as closed on the Fiscal Periods Setup
> >> window?  If so, try unchecking the Financial series for 12/2008, then
> >> rebuilding the GL index.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Victoria Yudin
> >> Dynamics GP MVP
> >> Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
> >> http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
> >> blog: www.victoriayudin.com
> >>

> >> "Elaine" <Elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Elaine (442)
1/22/2009 9:49:01 PM
Hi Victoria,
Just thought I'd update you on how we resolved this.  Neither installing the
latest service pack nor creating a new report worked.  Finally, we just
created the 2010 fiscal year and that fixed the problem.  Go figure!

"Elaine" wrote:

> Thanks, Victoria!  We'll try a new report first.  If that doesn't do it,
> we'll install the  lastest service pack.
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Elaine,
> >
> > Is this happening with just one report?  Or all reports?  Can you test
> > creating a brand new report with a new simple row and column format and see
> > if it still has the same issue?
> >
> > You might also want to consider upgrading to a newer service pack - looks
> > like you're on SP 7 and FRX 6.7 is up to SP 10:
> > http://victoriayudin.com/2008/10/13/frx-service-packs/.  I don't know if
> > this is something specifically addressed in later service packs, but I do
> > know there were a number of fixes and enhancements recently.
> >
> > --
> > Victoria Yudin
> > Dynamics GP MVP
> > Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
> > http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
> > blog: www.victoriayudin.com
> >

> > "Elaine" <Elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi Victoria,
> > >
> > > All the periods are open for 2008.  We also tried it with all the periods
> > > open for 9073 and then tried it again with all 9073 periods closed.  They
> > > are
> > > on 6.7.7032.

0
Elaine (442)
2/9/2009 5:22:02 PM
Elaine,

Wow - glad you were able to resolve it!  Thank you for the update, this is
good to know in case this problem comes up in the future.

--

> Hi Victoria,
> Just thought I'd update you on how we resolved this.  Neither installing
> the
> latest service pack nor creating a new report worked.  Finally, we just
> created the 2010 fiscal year and that fixed the problem.  Go figure!
>
> "Elaine" wrote:
>
>> Thanks, Victoria!  We'll try a new report first.  If that doesn't do it,
>> we'll install the  lastest service pack.
>>
>> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>>
>> > Elaine,
>> >
>> > Is this happening with just one report?  Or all reports?  Can you test
>> > creating a brand new report with a new simple row and column format and
>> > see
>> > if it still has the same issue?
>> >
>> > You might also want to consider upgrading to a newer service pack -
>> > looks
>> > like you're on SP 7 and FRX 6.7 is up to SP 10:
>> > http://victoriayudin.com/2008/10/13/frx-service-packs/.  I don't know
>> > if
>> > this is something specifically addressed in later service packs, but I
>> > do
>> > know there were a number of fixes and enhancements recently.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Victoria Yudin
>> > Dynamics GP MVP
>> > Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
>> > http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
>> > blog: www.victoriayudin.com
>> >

>> > "Elaine" <Elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
victoria (3340)

Frx login
FRX reporting error when generating a report in FRX. I have created a new company in my SQL data base. I can access the company in Great Plains but receive the following error in FRX. Cannot open database requested in login in 'NIHFI. Login fails. Database connection error number 1. Amy, When do you get this error? When switching to the new company as the default in FRx? If so, either the new company is not set up correctly in FRx or there is a permissions issue. What versions and service packs of GP and FRx are you using? What user are you trying this with? -- Victoria Yud...

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Territory Change

chart MAcro to change on activecell

open two different Access reports