FRX help #2

I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name.
So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the month by G/L code, it
would show me.

If so, how would you do it.

Any help would be appreciated

thanks
Barb
0
BK (201)

Can get everything except the GL code through a smart list :
Payables Transactions
Search Doc type = payment
Doc Date between...
Vendor ID =
But getting to the GL account is beyond me (newbie)

"BK" wrote:

> I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name.
> So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the month by G/L code, it
> would show me.
>
> If so, how would you do it.
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> thanks
> Barb
0
gvm (27)
5/24/2006 7:26:02 PM
I know how to do it through Smartlist but was hoping it was easier through FRx.

thanks

"GVM" wrote:

> Can get everything except the GL code through a smart list :
> Payables Transactions
> Search Doc type = payment
> Doc Date between...
> Vendor ID =
> But getting to the GL account is beyond me (newbie)
>
> "BK" wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name.
> > So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the month by G/L code, it
> > would show me.
> >
> > If so, how would you do it.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated
> >
> > thanks
> > Barb
0
BK (201)
5/24/2006 7:32:02 PM
This is a job for Crystal Reports.  There, you can link the vendors,
payments, and distribution history tables.  Sort by vendor and then
distribution account and you have it.

The tables you need are listed in the Resource Descriptions.  More
information on the tables and their relationships is found in our book
Information Flow and Posting availble through our web site and many dealers.

Richard L. Whaley
Author / Publisher
http://www.AccoladePublications.com
Documentation for Software Users

"BK" wrote:

> I know how to do it through Smartlist but was hoping it was easier through FRx.
>
> thanks
>
> "GVM" wrote:
>
> > Can get everything except the GL code through a smart list :
> > Payables Transactions
> > Search Doc type = payment
> > Doc Date between...
> > Vendor ID =
> > But getting to the GL account is beyond me (newbie)
> >
> > "BK" wrote:
> >
> > > I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name.
> > > So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the month by G/L code, it
> > > would show me.
> > >
> > > If so, how would you do it.
> > >
> > > Any help would be appreciated
> > >
> > > thanks
> > > Barb
Barb,

FRx can only pull in what is stored in the GL tables - not any kind of
linking between subledger transactions such as vendor invoices and payments
nor any analysis on subledger data.  The vendor IS stored for each GL
transaction that originated in Payables, so you can show that on the FRx
report, but I can't see any way to filer by that....you'd only be able to
show that as additional information on transaction level detail reports.

--
Victoria Yudin
GP MVP

"BK" <BK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I know how to do it through Smartlist but was hoping it was easier through
>FRx.
>
> thanks
>
> "GVM" wrote:
>
>> Can get everything except the GL code through a smart list :
>> Payables Transactions
>> Search Doc type = payment
>> Doc Date between...
>> Vendor ID =
>> But getting to the GL account is beyond me (newbie)
>>
>> "BK" wrote:
>>
>> > I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor
>> > name.
>> > So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the month by G/L
>> > code, it
>> > would show me.
>> >
>> > If so, how would you do it.
>> >
>> > Any help would be appreciated
>> >
>> > thanks
>> > Barb

0
victoria (3340)
5/25/2006 8:45:31 AM
Is there any example in Filmworks which shows how to display this additional
information on transaction level detail.
If you have a report which will work with Filmworks on the above, please
post it.
Jacktundra@hotmail.com
"Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
> Barb,
>
> FRx can only pull in what is stored in the GL tables - not any kind of
> linking between subledger transactions such as vendor invoices and
> payments nor any analysis on subledger data.  The vendor IS stored for
> each GL transaction that originated in Payables, so you can show that on
> the FRx report, but I can't see any way to filer by that....you'd only be
> able to show that as additional information on transaction level detail
> reports.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> GP MVP
>

> "BK" <BK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I know how to do it through Smartlist but was hoping it was easier through
>>FRx.
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> "GVM" wrote:
>>
>>> Can get everything except the GL code through a smart list :
>>> Payables Transactions
>>> Search Doc type = payment
>>> Doc Date between...
>>> Vendor ID =
>>> But getting to the GL account is beyond me (newbie)

0
jacktundra (359)

NESTED IF STATEMENTS #2
Having a little problem in an excel class, hoping someone might be able to help. I'm trying to fill in the discount column on a spreadsheet with the following info. The problem states use a nested form of the IF function to calculate 15% if Amount is greater that $300., 10% if Amount is greater than $100., and 0% if Amount is less than $100. The Amount column is cell D5. Anyone know how to write the formula and explain how to go about it? Any help would be much appreciated. Let's see. This is homework so you should come up with the answer yourself. Did you start by looking in the he...

Multiple PST Files #2

lost menu bar #2
HELP!!! The main menu bar is missing off my excel sheet and I can't seem to find anyone to help me get it back. The menu I am missing is the one that includes - File, Edit, Insert and etc. I have tried...right clicking - customize - toolbars, but I don't seem to have the needed item. Anyone with suggestions - please reply... Thanks. Hi if you right-click on the menu bar you should see an item like 'General'. Check this item -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany JoEllen OSBDC wrote: > HELP!!! The main menu bar is missing off my excel sheet > and I can't s...

Need help with formula 01-13-10

please help with this query

Thread Synchronization #2
Hi, I have a shared resource, say a file which is to be accessed between multiple threads. There are say 20 Read threads and 1 Write thread. When the Write thread is writing into the file, the Read threads should be blocked, and when even 1 read thread reads, the Write thread should be blocked. The Read threads can read simultaneously, but only say 5 at a time. What kind of synchronization mechanism can I use for this? TIA, Sucharit You can create a mutex a adquire it when a read operation start, check it before start any write operation. You will need another mutex ...

using dates Part 2

Send 1 address to 2 mailboxes
I want to create an address and have any mail sent to that address delivered to two separate users' mailboxes. How can I do that. I've tried simply adding the address in the two users' "Email Addresses" tab in the User's properties of ADU&C. But it wouldn't allow me to add the same address to the second user ("This email address already exists in this organization"). I've also tried creating a new user for the address and forwarding the email to the 2 other users (Exchange General tab - Delivery Options button - Forward To field). But ...

Publisher 2000? #2
Is there a place where I can still get version 2000? I've been looking, but all I can find are updates and the 2007 trial. My computer can't run 2007. *If* if can be had, try something like eBay. (I wouldn't buy software that way but that's just my preference.) You may find you have better luck finding a leftover copy of Pub 2003 from some online retailers. (I actually prefer that over 2000.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Compare 2 different workbooks with the result in a 3rd
I have two workbooks (2005 Sales, 2004 Sales), which track daily results in half hour intervals. I want to be able to show the increase in 2005 in a 3rd workbooks. The first two workbooks are identically formatted. How can I do this? Many thanks to all in the forum who have helped in the past. If the data is in exactly the same position in the two worksheets you could copy/paste one's data to a new worksheet and then copy the second's, doing an Edit, Paste Special, Subtract on top of the first's data. This is admittedly crude but it is easy to do. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP &q...

import from eudora #2
I have used Eudora for many years, but am planning to set up my email in outlook. I want to move all of my mailboxes to outlook. Eudora does not have an export function. Do I need to go through something else, such as Thunderbird. I can't use Outlook Express, because it only imports through Eudora v3.0. I have 4.3. Any thoughts on this? "Nate Rosenthal" <ncrose@comcast.net> wrote in message news:IOmdnV5bH5fEddbVnZ2dnUVZ_rbinZ2d@comcast.com... >I have used Eudora for many years, but am planning to set up my email in >outlook. I want to move all of my m...

Hyperlink File Help

VLookup #VALUE! error help needed to resolve
The following is the funcation I have: =VLOOKUP(B10,'FA CC Summary Report 1141'!F$9:G$92,2,0) I have all the columns formatted the same; as in the column that the function is using to lookup is text and so is the column for this figure in order to pull back the appropriate answer. I have keyed the data instead of having links. I have replaced the final '0' with TRUE & FALSE then put it back. I have formatted the columns for text and for numbers. But I am getting the #VALUE! error in SOME of the cells NOT all of the cells. I don't know what else to d...

help with a sub
Hi, can anybody tell me why the following code fails at FormatConditions.Add Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim Sh As Worksheet Dim lngLastRow As Long Set Sh = ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet lngLastRow = Sh.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row Range("A4:E" & lngLastRow).Activate Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="=(MOD(ROW(),2)=0" Selection.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 24 End Sub Thanks -- Traa Dy Liooar Jock You have an extra open paren just before MOD: &qu...

cdrom.sys corrupt in Win7
Yesterday Win7 decided to no longer show my 2 LiteOn DVDRW drives. I've tried to re-install/repair the driver (6.1.7600.16385) and everytime I get the same response = my current driver is good. BUT, then when I check with Device Manager, it shows that the drives are not working. Can anyone help me get a new cdrom.sys installed into the system32/drivers folder? Booting up with the Win7 DVD will work. But I can't find the cdrom.sys on the disk. No other repair options are there to get this fixed. Help would certainly be appreciated. I don't want to have to start all o...

Excel AutoSave #2
In Excel 2000 was this feature available? User is not seeing it. Excel 2000 had the AUTOSAVE.XLA Add-in Should be in Tools>Add-ins. If not available there, do a file search on your computer. If not there, install from the CD. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 6 May 2004 13:26:16 -0700, "Ssolano" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Excel 2000 was this feature available? >User is not seeing it. ...

downloading #2
I have attempted to download bank statements into Money 2001. Although my bank shows the statements were downloaded, nothing appears in Money,and I am not offered any opportunity to review or add the transactions. Does anyone have any advice. I am familiar with how it is supposed to work, for I had downloaded statements successfully in the past. ...

Exchange 2003 SMTP QUIT
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = PROBLEM: Problem is that OUR SERVER is sending QUIT-, instead of sending MAIL FROM: MY Server open a SMTP connection REMOTE Server says 220 .. MY Server says EHLO to REMOTE Server REMOTE Server says 250 ... MY Server then say QUIT ! (instead of MAIL FROM ....) We have::Exchange 2003 , cu SP1, pe Windows 2003.. Exchange has also IMF (spam filter from Microsoft) and Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 4.5. all PTR is installed and working OK. The SMTP Server is workin OK a while, then it start opening a lot of connections (7-10 /sec) t...

Missing send/receive button #2
After I installed Outlook 2003 on a new computer and migrated my data file, there's no send/receive button when I click on personal folders in Mail and it doesn't appear on the tools menu. I've done reinstall/repair twice without fixing the problem. Is there some configuration procedure I need to do? Thanks for any help. Windwatcher wrote: > After I installed Outlook 2003 on a new computer and migrated my data > file, there's no send/receive button when I click on personal folders in > Mail and > it doesn't appear on the tools menu. I've done reinst...