FRx Drill Down to GP Level

Dear All,

Iam getting this error when iam drilling down from FRx to GL.

"An action cannot be completed because a component (GPSOTDI) is not
responding. Choose "Swith To" to activate and correct the problem".
Any help on this is highly appreciated.

GP System Configuration:

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard - 64 bit OS
Microsoft Dynamics GP-10 (middle East), SP4
FRx -6.7, SP11
0
Ahmed

Hi Amhed,

FRx does not run on the 64 bit operating system.

--
Geoff James

"Ahmed" wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Iam getting this error when iam drilling down from FRx to GL.
>
> "An action cannot be completed because a component (GPSOTDI) is not
> responding. Choose "Swith To" to activate and correct the problem".
> Any help on this is highly appreciated.
>
> GP System Configuration:
>
> Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard - 64 bit OS
> Microsoft Dynamics GP-10 (middle East), SP4
> FRx -6.7, SP11
> .

Upgrading to GP 10
I'm upgrading to version GP 10 in a test enviroment from 9.310. I used the feature pack 1 dvd and have applied the lastest hotfix. The install went fine but after the install I launched the utilities and when it is Updating system tables it stops with the error "Error registering table[Not Found]. On the window is says "Updating table Custom Reminders Setup. I looked up table and checked to make sure it is there and it does have data in it. Is there any way to fine out what table it is having problems with and a clearer error message? Thanks. Have you tried enabling a DEX...

how does ado.net SqlDataReader.GetString() know which encoding to read the data into a string as? Does sql sever set this at the column data type level, server wide encoding setting, os encoding?
how does ado.net SqlDataReader.GetString() know which encoding to read the data into a string as? Does sql sever set this at the column data type level, server wide encoding setting, os encoding? ...

GP Startup & ODBC Connections
When starting GP (8, 9, 10?), the first screen allows you to choose the Server. The pulldown menu shows not only GP connection(s) but all the ODBC connections available on that Client PC. SQL, Oracle, DB2, etc. It's just an annoyance, but it sometimes confuses our users and is not a clean look for GP. (We're on 9.0, but the behavior has been around for a long time.) Is there a way to block all non-GP ODBC connections from showing on this list? To only show the "GreatPlains" server option. Maybe with an "Allowed" list in an INI or??? ------=_NextPart_0001_4...

Japanese Localization for Dynamics GP?
Hi, Wanted to know if it is possible to use the Dynamics GP UI to manage a company in Japan, some brief research shows that this might not be possible. We can alter the database and get Japanese characters in there, but obviously the UI shows up as ???. I can see that Dynamics CRM has a Japanese language pack, any such feature for Dyanamics GP - any leads on what possible options we might be able to take? Hi Aki Double byte and unicode languages are not supported (see KB below). Also there is no localisation for Japanese requirements. https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KB...

GP 10 SP 4
I just installed the service pack 4 without any errors. When GP Utilities starts I logged in as the sa user it validates the product version. Then the message a previous version has been detected appears, I then select next where I enter the password and confirm the password on the confirmation screen. Then the following screen displays: Ready to begin. You have made the following selections: UPGRADE Data device size : Options: Database Data Space: 0 MB Database Log Space: 0 MB When I select finish it doesn't do anything. There isn't a progress bar...nothing. Any idea...

Security/ Access Levels
Hi, Can someone please help me with this MS CRM security/ access level question before I go completely mad trying to figure it out? I want to be able to restrict who can access certain account records (e.g. account records for our customers). For example, I don’t want telesales people to be able to access our customers account records. But I do want to give them access to other account records. I’ve tried restricting access at a user level and at a business unit level but cannot get either to work. If I set a particular users role to only access account records that they...

Issue with Level Elements in WBS Modeller
Hi there I have VISIO 2010 installed and MS Project 2010 installed. I have installed the WBS Modeller Add-In for VISIO 2010 and followed all instructions. When I point to a project file, in the Project Task Overview window it shows me the "Start Level" (0) and the "To Level" (n) but does not allow me to choose the maximum level elements to be drawn in VISIO. Any assistance will be appreciated as the project is quite large and I don't want VISIO to draw all levels is it becomes unmanigeable. Cheers Martin On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 22:31:30 GMT, Martin Azzopardi <mart...

Frx and "invalid procedure call or argument"
Hi, I am running Frx 6.7 in a TS environment. When I generate a report (using 'Financial and Account' detail level) the report generates to DDV but if I try and drill down to any lines detail, or export the detail to excel then I get an "invalid procedure call or argument" error. This problem exists for all of my 12 reports I have tried. I have checked my column headings and these do not overlap or have reverse numbering. Please advise Thank you Neil Hi, I resolved this myself - it was due to the option 'Sort GL Accounts By' being marked on the Report Opti...

China + Dynamics GP
We are opening a distribution center in China and was wondering if anyone else is currently using Dynamics GP and any form of EDI process with China. We are considering what would be the best way of handling. Due to security risks, we are wary of allowing RDP/term serv access. So one idea was to give them a laptop with GP/Sql Server/Integration Manager. Since they couldn't connect to us they would have a separate database. This would then involve exports and imports between the 2 company locations to a neutral site (such as FTP). Not sure yet if we will be mirroring the datab...

Dynamics GP 10 on Citrix slow to exit with IE7
We are running multiple instances of GP10 on a Citrix farm. On some Citrix servers (QA environments), IE7 has been installed. Exiting the application takes 20~30 seconds. On our Production Citrix servers with IE6, exiting is nearly instantaneous. Does anyone have any thoughts as to why? -- Tim Foster We have been seeing an issue where PCs with IE 7 are slow to close and to perform a few specific functions with local installs, so the good news is it is not a Citrix complication. Unfortunatly other than installing IE 7 or telling users a moments pause now and then is calming we hav...

Upgrade from GP 6 to GP9
What is the procedure should I do?? I think the path is 6 to 7.5, 7.5 to 9 "Fat Sam" <fatsam@gamil.com> wrote in message news:efbv0WtiGHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > What is the procedure should I do?? > > ...

sample GP implementation plan
If any one has sample GP implementation plan including project accounting, would like to receive if possible. thanks in advance. Why not use your e-mail address so somebody that has one can send it to you? ARS wrote: > If any one has sample GP implementation plan including project accounting, > would like to receive if possible. > > thanks in advance. I need one as well. Could any of you please send it? Dave "ARS" wrote: > If any one has sample GP implementation plan including project accounting, > would like to receive if possible. > > thanks in a...

Can you Run 2 Servers 1 GP(64bit) and 1 Analysis Server (32 bit)?
I am trying to install GP9 SP3 on a Windows Server (64bit) and SQL2005 Analysis Services on a different server, Windows 2003 SP2 (32 bit). Will this configuration work? or does both GP9 and Analysis services need to be running on Window2003 Server in 32 bit mode? I know of one client that is running GP 10.0 on a 64bit Windows server. Your configuration should work. Jim "Peter" wrote: > I am trying to install GP9 SP3 on a Windows Server (64bit) and SQL2005 > Analysis Services on a different server, Windows 2003 SP2 (32 bit). > > Will this configuration work? ...

Make all modules available in GP Standard
Make all modules available in GP Standard as they are in SL Standard. We're not competitive with SL now, nor are we competitive with MAS-200 or MAS-500 in price and module functionality. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Bus...

AddMenuItem in VS toolkit for gp 9.0.
I'm trying to convert the event handler on p. 48 of the Programmer's Guide of the visual studio toolkit from C# to VB but I'm not having much luck. Here's the example given: C# Dynamics.Forms.SOPEntry.AddMenuHandler(OpenEstimateFreight, "Estimate Freight", "F"); static void OpenEstimateFreight(object sender, EventArgs e) { ....trimmed... //Always show and activate the WinForm EstimateFreightForm.Show(); EstimateFreightForm.Activate(); } Here's what I tried: VB Dynamics.Forms.SOPEntry.AddMenuHandler(OpenEstimateFreight, "Estimate Freight",...

New company set up in FRX
We set up a new company in great plains and want to create reports in FRX within this new company. I created the new company in FRX by coping the existing company. When I try to open the catalog it prompt me to a user login id. It won't take my user login or even the adminstrator password. How do I override this? How do I kwow if I set up the new company correctly? What are the requirements to do this? Thanks Daisy, This might help you troubleshoot: What versions and service pack levels of FRx and Great Plains are you using? Is your user login working for the other companies yo...

Negative WIP Totals in GP 7.5
I've got an odd problem in GP 7.5. The WIP totals I get from the MOP1000 table are, in some cases, greater than the amount issued. In most of these cases, the qty issued is zero (there are some cases where qtyissued is greater than 0). In a lot of these cases, the MOP1210 table has the items listed as issued to the MO. I've been able to confirm this on a number of the entries in MOP1000. It looks to me like GP is not updating the table properly. Has anyone see this before? Does anyone have a process for reconciling this data? MOP1000 is the WIP stack. MOP1210 is the PickD...

FRx: Generate reports automatically?
I have some reports created in FRx and GP that need to be created daily. Through a batch file and macro, I have the GP reports being published at 2:00 every morning. Does anyone know if it is possible to do something so that I could generate the FRx reports as well? Perhaps a batch file or something? Thanks FRx Report Server can do this. You need to talk to your partner to get pricing for it. -- Charles Allen, MVP "KJ" wrote: > I have some reports created in FRx and GP that need to be created > daily. Through a batch file and macro, I have the GP reports being >...

importing templates into GP. graphics question as well.
is it possible to import an excel template into GP? it's just a basic invoice template, but we're trying to get the printouts to have the looks and feel of our previous company documents. the stuff that GP is printing out is rather generic, and ugly. we;ve also tossed our logo in the GP file, but it is printing very poorly, and very pixellated. anyone know the best format to have the logo print nicely as well? thanks, j As to importing a template into GP, I don't think that it is possible with the current report writer. You can get quite good looking output if you create you...

How do I perform Exch 2003 Disaster Recovery drill?
Hi All, I would like to perfom a disaster recovery drill for my Exchange 2003 environment, and would appreciate some suggestion on doing it correctly. I would like to test the capability of restoring the Exchange to new server with completely different hardware specs than the old (original) one. Here's is my idea: 1. Install one server, promote it to DC/GC in the production domain. 2. Disconnect this DC from the production network, put it into private network. 3. In this private network, install Windows 2003 with the same version, hotfixes, and service packs. 4. Use the same NET...

Is GP applicable in my company?
Dear Sirs, First of all, I would like to thank you very much for such a service and I would like to recognize our company to you: We are a group having four sister companies working in the field of fast food. The company that seeking to apply an ERP system is an international chain of fast food restaurants that has many branches (local and outside Egypt) and need to know the feasibility of applying MS Dynamics GP in its departments. Also, we have our own call center and our own Point Of Sale application that generates all the information regarding the orders, materials, vari...

3 Levels in Extended Pricing
Is it possible in Extended Pricing to have 3 levels of discounts. I assume yes because the max level in price trace is 3. I set up my Base Price Book to be all my List Prices. I then set up another price book and set it to be 50% of Base (Dealer Pricing) and then I want another price book to be "10% off of Dealer" I would then assign customers to this special price sheet/book. So doing a price trace I would have: List: $100 Dealer Original $100 Percent off 50% Unit Price $50 Special Original: $50 Percent off 10% Unit Price $45 Under my "Price Sheet Detail Maintenance...

field level security #7
Can I apply field level security to a modified window , i really feel that GP was done in separate pieces and there was no link between the guys who were doing it , why i am saying this because whenever i think i solved some issue by anyway i stuck with another issue which blocks my solution -- aboody >Can I apply field level security to a modified window< Yes! Actually field level security has nothing to do with whether the form is modified or not. >i really feel that GP was done in separate pieces and there was no link between the guys who were doing it< Field Level Sec...

Payroll Posting Accounts Setup (GP 7.5)
I get the following message when setting up a Payroll Posting Account; the grid doesn't show as existing account anywhere. "An account has been assigned already tothis department, position and code combination" How do I fix this problem? ...

Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilites install/upgrade failed.
I am upgrading from GP V9 sp2 to GP V10 sp4 on a test server. Using the DVD download of GP V10 FP1 with SP4. After upgrading, running GP Utilties to upgrade the companies. Under Load Tables I receive the following error message, "The following SQL statement produced an error: EXEC sp_bindefault N'[dbo].[GPS_CHAR]', N'[eConnect_Out].[DOCTYPE]' EXEC sp_bindefault N'[dbo].[TA_DATE]', N'[eConnect_Out].[DATE1]' EXEC sp_bindefault N'[dbo].[GPS_CHAR]', N'[eConnect_Out].[TABLENAME]' EXEC sp_bindefault N'[dbo].[GPS_INT]', N'[eCo...