FRx ability to calc rows first on spec rows ONLY (exception)

Refer to MS Dynamics Support Incident:  8713448

GL Trend by month row format includes calc % for various COGS for example.
Columns include each month, YTD total (mo+mo columns), budget and variance,
with variance calc of YTD column minus budget column. Catalog format includes
calculate columns first. The variance on the rows for percentage are using
the YTD-BUDGET calc, but rather calulating a % based on row.

How do I accomplish calc columns first for all rows with exception of these
percentage rows?
11/1/2006 3:00:00 PM EST -- Jason Erickstad
As we discussed, unfortunately FRx can't do the calculation you are asking
it to do. If you have set in the Catalog to perform calculations first in the
Column Layout it will perform all calculation in the Column Layout first, and
then go to the Row Format. It does not have the ability to perform those row
calculations first.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=45512903-4221-4570-bafb-60083664d5d0&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

HELP! How do you--> Lock a set of rows but also link worksheets to
Ok, let me explain. I'm on a military base here and I am making (trying to atleast) a WORKBOOK that can keep track of who is on LEAVE and who is NOT ON LEAVE. It is a very simple spread sheet to keep track of who should be here or on vacation... as follows: WORKSHEET 1: Is called "MASTER" and it would contain the list of everyone on base as such... Column A: (Last, First, Middle RANK) Their name and title Columns B thru AF: (31 columns) indicating the amount of days in a month (excluding February-28, April-30, etc...) Basically, in those 31 columns (corresponding to th...

Help: copy old ss data to new ss, with row mis-alignment
Help, Daily I create a spreadsheet from a database, In column "A" are "Item Numbers" in random order. I insert a 'new' column in front of column 'A', where I type text comments as I receive verbal updates during the day. The next day, I generate a new spreadsheet from the database whose "Item Numbers" may OR, may not have been on yesterdays spreadsheet. Currently, my routine is to copy-n-paste yesterdays comments into this new version which is a pain and time consuming. QUESTION; Can someone provide the formula, that if there is a match ...

How do I remove the first column icon in CListCtrl ?
Hi, I know I can use empty icon (or invalid icon index) to get white icon but I want a real solution In the past it was impossible to do but I was wondering if it is possible now or should I use custom draw.. Regards Yariv ...

Outlook 2003 not able to resolve names "First Last"?
My company just implemented Windows XP/Outlook 2003, and when I type the first and last name in the "To" field, example: "John Smith", the name does not resolve, and will give me a "does not recognize" message when I try to send. However, if I type it in as "Smith,John" it will resolve just fine and also be remembered when I type it again. I contacted one of our technical support people and they said that this is just new functionality with 2003. (So pretty much I should learn to live with it.) Since I'm part of a pilot group for this ne...

Save Each Row of Spreadsheet as Seperate Text File?
All, I have a 200-row text file laid out as follows: | Column 1 | Column 2 | | target1.txt | my string 1| | target2.txt | my string 2| | target3.txt | my string 3| | target4.txt | my string 4| etc... | target200.txt | my string 200| Anyone know a way to set up a macro in Excel that will save each | my string n| as a text file named according to the value in Column 1? And for bonus points, In an ideal world, the text file created will also have one other line in it before the |string|, which will remain constant across all 200 files. If I have to insert that constant text into the...

text to rows
I there a way to put text to rows instead of columns? What I am trying to do is take a cell with reference designators separated by commas and copy them to individual row. ex.. C1, C2, C3, C4 to C1 C2 C3 C4 You want to "transpose" the data. Highlight the data in the row, then click <copy>. Move cursor to where you want the columnar data to start then Edit | Paste Special | Transpose (check) then OK and <Esc>. Hope this helps. Pete Just re-read your posting - didn't realise you had the data all in one cell. Probably easier to use Data | Text-to-col...

Need help deleting Rows
I have a Excel Doc that has bout 4,000 rows...don't know how that happened. Tried to delete by clicking Select All/ Delete but that doesn't seem to work.. Any ideas on How to delete that many rows??? Thanks.. Hi Roberto, Visit Debra Dalgleish's site and see her note on resetting the Used Range: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused --- Regards, Norman "Roberto" <Roberto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97B3E27B-C86E-4306-9AA6-8C2605F7AAC2@microsoft.com... >I have a Excel Doc that has bout 4,000 rows...don't know ...

option to insert column and row breaks
There should have an option to insert column breaks for printing. For example, when printing a sheet with only one column, but with 200 rows, it could be automatically broken into 4 columns of 50 rows, all fitting in just one page, instead of 4. This would save paper and allow easy reading of this kind of sheets. The same logic could be applied to rows... Thanks. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see ...

Exception when deleting pointer in a struct
I have a program with a structure object that looks like this: typedef struct _MyStruct { CString Name; CString Path; CMyObj *pObj; HINSTANCE hModule; }MyStruct; I then initialize it as below: func() { MyStruct item; item.pObj = new CMyObj(); item.Name = _T("Some Name"); item.Path = _T("Some Path"); item.hModule = AfxLoadLibrary(_T("Mylib.dll")); if (!VerifySomething()) { //unload and cleanup delete item.pObj; //Exception occurs here AfxFreeLibrary(item.hModule); } } But, when I do the &...

Need to import data to a coloum not a row
When importing from a txt file. The data ,which is all seperated by commas, gets dumped into a row wich is not long enough and cuts off my data. I need it to dump to a column not a row..Help. Russ use paste special and transpose the data "Russ M." wrote: > When importing from a txt file. The data ,which is all seperated by commas, > gets dumped into a row wich is not long enough and cuts off my data. I need > it to dump to a column not a row..Help. Russ ...

How do I conditionally format a row and copy the formatting to tab
How do I copy the conditional fomatting of the row to the entire table? If it's 2003 and earlier, you can copy the row, then "paste special" and select formats on the rows you want to copy conditional formatting. "nandu1256" wrote: > How do I copy the conditional fomatting of the row to the entire table? ...

How do I add the word "Draft" to first page?
I am trying to figure out how to add "Draft" or "Confidential" to the first page of a document. Hey DLB - it's easier to add from your printer. Select the effect tab and use the watermark feature. Otherwise, you'll have to add a background to the specific sheet. -- tenaj "DLB" wrote: > I am trying to figure out how to add "Draft" or "Confidential" to the first > page of a document. DLB, Check your printer, especially if the driver has been upgraded since the printer was installed. Many/most printers provide that...

Row Height
Is there any way to set or change the row height of multiple rows in a table at the same time? I've tried selecting the whole table and then resizing the row height, but it still just changes the one row that I'm working with. Also tried going to table properties and can't find a row height or column size option. Yes, there is but a little convoluted. This is a tad dependent on version of Publisher, so if it does not work for you post back with the version of Publisher you are using which you should have told us in the first place. Make the Table and then select the whol...

How does one copy subtotal rows?
How does one copy subtotal rows? -- Since my access to NNTP is limited, a copy of your reply to ALEXANDEReBARNEs@Yahoo.Com is especially appreciated. Alexander One usually selects the rows he wishes to copy, Then hits <F5>, Then, in the "GoTo" window clicks on "Special", Then, in the "GoToSpecial" window clicks on "VisibleCellsOnly", then <OK>. Now, right click in that selection and choose "Copy", Then navigate and paste to "wherever". -- HTH, RD ------------------------------------------------------------------...

Rows to repeat at top
We know how to repeat rows for printing, but want to be able to view, or keep them stationary, the top 2 rows of the sheet while scrolling or paging down. Can this be done? Thanks for your time and interest. M. Cooper drag the little bars on the scroll bars and then freeze panes on the window menu "Coopfab" <coopfab@email.msn.com> wrote in message news:uanEcdaJFHA.1280@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > We know how to repeat rows for printing, but want to be able to view, or > keep them stationary, the top 2 rows of the sheet while scrolling or paging > down. > > C...

Excel file size w/row fill
Hi all Is it reasonable for an excel file with 9400 rows, each highlighted according to a grouping scheme to be 2.2 meg? Is the highlighting the cause of this, I turned the conditional formatting off but didn't see a decrease in size. Thanks just curious...as it takes a few moments to open. One thing you can try is to reset the last cell. Let me explain. You know what the last cell of your data is, row and column. Now do Ctrl - End. Excel is now showing you what it thinks is the last cell of your data. What Excel thinks is the last cell drives the size of the file. Is Excel...

Split screen AND frozen rows
Is there a way to split a sheet, top and bottom, and then to freeze rows within either or both the top and bottom? When I split the screen, then highlight the rows in the top pane that I want to freeze, then hit freeze, the split becomes the freeze point. That's not what I want. Can anyone bail me out on this one? Thanks, Jim. -- jhull ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jhull's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32032 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=517821 You get on...

Keeping a series table from updating when adding new rows.
I have a spreadsheet where the information begins at row 5 and carries on for many more rows. The information is ranked with row 5 representing the latest information, and the bottom row representing the oldest information. If I have a chart that plots the "latest five values" (a5:a10), then I decide to insert a new row 5, representing the very latest update, how do I keep Excel from automatically updating the chart to plot a6:a11? I want it to stay a5:a10, incorporating the latest row insert and dropping the oldest. You could adapt the dynamic chart technique that Jon Pel...

Datagridview confused on row count
I have a windows form with the datagridview that displays data from a single table. The underlying data can be updated/deleted from another component. In our case, we raise an event when any underlying changes happen. We then have been trying to refresh our grid without much luck. We use: this.DataSet.Offers.Clear(); this.offersTableAdapter.Fill(this.DataSet.Offers); this.offersBindingSource.ResetBindings(false); this.offersDataGridView.Refresh(); We have tried multiple variations but the underlying data is fairly small. Unfortunately, if a row is deleted often the grid will t...

Lost Ability to Update Syock Prices Automatically
I can no longer update stock prices automatically and i'm fairly certain it's as a result of not upgrading my Money 2003. Another post here indicated that all I needed to do to recover "expired services" was to do a Money Internet Update and the restart the program. I did that and still have no ability to update stock prices automatically. I am open to other suggestions. Thanks in Advance. Adam With M2003 and up the ability to do on-line updates times out. Check your EULA as it varies depending on the exact version. It can be 12 months after first installat...

Vlookup from First Three Characters of Codes
I have posted this on Excel WorksheetFunctions. No help yet.. therefore posting it here.. Can somebody help me Thanks Hello All, I am using Windows XP/Office 2003 and have the following problem: I have a Sheet Name 'Customers' with a Dynamic Range defined as 'Codes' (Column A and Column B) as follows: A B APL Astro Plastics Limited AFC Allan Feed Company ..=2E. ..=2E. ..=2E. etc etc In another Sheet I use Vlookup to extract values using the following formula: =3DIF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,Codes,2,FA=ADLSE)),"",(VLOOKUP(A2,Codes,2,F=ADALSE))) ...

How to get Address cards to be in order of First name and then last name (and not in "file as" order)?
Outlook2003/winXP Hi After persistent errors when downloading new emails, I have just copied my contacts across into a new PST file. The problem is that now in "Address Card" view some names are in "Last name, then first name" order, whereas many other entries are in "First name then last name" order. Looking more closely, if there is a comma between the names then it always shows the Lastname first. How do I stop this?! If I go to "Tools" > "email accounts" > V"iew or change existing directories or address book" there is ...

Linking cells and adding rows
In 2003: We have two workbooks with employees listed and a percentage rate that is "copied" from the first document to the second by a link. However, when we add a new employee into the first workbook then go to the second to add the new employee (in the same location - alphabetically) the links do not adjust to the correct row. They are not marked as absolute references. What can we do to keep the links aligned to the correct row? Thank you. ...

Column/row measurements.
Instead of the number system used for the height/width of columns & rows, can it be changed to measure in millimetres or centimetres? Even inches would be preferable to the default numbering system. Hola, No es posible por una cuestion de dise´┐Żo de Excel. "1 of 1" <the.cube@deep.space.inv> wrote in message news:eKtBUDXiGHA.3588@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Instead of the number system used for the height/width of columns & rows, > can it be changed to measure in millimetres or centimetres? > Even inches would be preferable to the default numbering system...

Pivot tables 2 row labels
I am trying to create a pivot table and want to have sales rep names and company as the rows. Is there a way to have the sales rep name repeat everytime with the company instead of how it looks below? I am going to have to use the output of the sheet to do a vlookup on another sheet and in this format I can't make it work. Thanks! Row Labels Jane Doe Company 1 John Doe Company 2 Company 1 Company 3 Company 5 Nope--not if you want to keep it a pivottable. But you could convert to values (or copy|paste values in a different locatio...