FRx 6.7: Accounts Not Displaying In Row File

I have successfully created Financial Statements for two of our three
companies. However, I’m having a problem with the third one. In creating the
row file, I specify a range from account 30000 through 99999. Most accounts
show up in the list. Some don’t. The following account string will be my
example of an existing account, with a balance, that does not show up in the
row file:

00000-30035-00000 (30035 is the main account)

If I manually insert a row into the row file, type in the description, and
click the down arrow for the GL Link, the account does not display in the
drop down. However, if I manually enter 30035 in the GL Link and print the
report, it shows the account with the correct balance.

If I try to create a row file that contains only this account in the “Add
Rows From Chart Of Accounts…”, I get an error message indicating the account
was not found. Again, it doesn’t show in the GL Link dropdown, but I can
manually enter 30035 in GL Link and it prints on the report.

0
bob.b (28)

Issue resolved. Ran the "FRx_67_Server_Based_Index_Scripts_Combined_GP.sql"
script that is contained on the FRx 6.7 CD. All accounts now display in the
row file.
--
Bob

"Bob B" wrote:

> I have successfully created Financial Statements for two of our three
> companies. However, I’m having a problem with the third one. In creating the
> row file, I specify a range from account 30000 through 99999. Most accounts
> show up in the list. Some don’t. The following account string will be my
> example of an existing account, with a balance, that does not show up in the
> row file:
>
> 00000-30035-00000 (30035 is the main account)
>
> If I manually insert a row into the row file, type in the description, and
> click the down arrow for the GL Link, the account does not display in the
> drop down. However, if I manually enter 30035 in the GL Link and print the
> report, it shows the account with the correct balance.
>
> If I try to create a row file that contains only this account in the “Add
> Rows From Chart Of Accounts…”, I get an error message indicating the account
> was not found. Again, it doesn’t show in the GL Link dropdown, but I can
> manually enter 30035 in GL Link and it prints on the report.

0
bob.b (28)
4/7/2006 8:09:01 PM
Bob,
Since you are creating financial statements for multiple companies, I
believe you have set a default company in FRX.  Change the default company to
your third company - It's been my experience that the look up or display
accounts contain only the "default' company accounts.  You should be able to
see the third companies accounts after changing the default company.

"Bob B" wrote:

> I have successfully created Financial Statements for two of our three
> companies. However, I’m having a problem with the third one. In creating the
> row file, I specify a range from account 30000 through 99999. Most accounts
> show up in the list. Some don’t. The following account string will be my
> example of an existing account, with a balance, that does not show up in the
> row file:
>
> 00000-30035-00000 (30035 is the main account)
>
> If I manually insert a row into the row file, type in the description, and
> click the down arrow for the GL Link, the account does not display in the
> drop down. However, if I manually enter 30035 in the GL Link and print the
> report, it shows the account with the correct balance.
>
> If I try to create a row file that contains only this account in the “Add
> Rows From Chart Of Accounts…”, I get an error message indicating the account
> was not found. Again, it doesn’t show in the GL Link dropdown, but I can
> manually enter 30035 in GL Link and it prints on the report.

Linking Accounts to Contacts using Data Migration
Hi, I have successfully migrated Contacts and Accounts into CRM, but have not found what I need to do to link them......in other words, have the Contacts show as Contacts for the specific accounts. Where can I find information or the specifics on what I need to do? I've looked through the self help, and data migration guide. Thank you! Voni I believe I have it figured out.....the two record types need to be imported in the same run. "Voni" wrote: > Hi, > > I have successfully migrated Contacts and Accounts into CRM, but have not > found what I need to...

Problems when saving worksheet into tab-delimited text file
I save a spreadsheet into a tab-delimited text file for later import into an Access database. One column contains text strings in which "comma values" can be found. Once save to the text file, those records that have commas in the Excel cells now contain double quotes (".....") at the beginning and end of the text string. As a result, during the data import into Access (and later comparison), the records are considered new and add records to tables. During testing procedures, I realized that replacing the comma with a semicolon would not add the double quotes when savin...

Problems saving Excel & MS Office 2000 files.
We are seeing issues when saving files to user directory on a windows 2000 server. The users are all using Windows 2000 pro systems & Office 2000 Pro. The original files will disappear & a new file with a random 8 character name will appear in their directory. The file will have no security permissions associated with it. It is not happening all of the time, just random. The servers are all Dell 1500sc or 1600sc w/1.2 gig of ram and 60 gig of hd space on the shared directory. The servers are also acting as a print server as well as running Norton Anti-Virus Corp Edition...

Permanently wipe all traces of a file
could someone recommend good utiluty to permanently erase files, i.e. that deletes the file, then wipes and removes the data left over. Thank you. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00ED_01CAA641.35CA0EC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable "amber" <amber@nospam.microsoft.news> wrote in message = news:%23rsCNnlpKHA.5224@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > could someone recommend good utiluty to permanently erase files, i.e. = that=20 > deletes the file, then wipes an...

email letters from Great Plains Vendor/Customer/Employee Files
We would like to see the option of when printing a Letter created in the Great Plains Letter Writer system, when "sending" the email, the system be programmed to pick up the email address ont he default Primary Address field, inputting it into the emaila ddress field in Outlook. Rob Gillespie, CAE Premier Computing Technologies What default email address? The "email address" field you see in the Inet Info window is just a user defined label. Technically the only email address that I can think of in great plains that IS an email address is the email addresses for the...

Outlook Express 6 01-17-10
Hi, All, How do I enlarge the OE6 Express Toolbar icons so that the full text labels are shown? There is plenty of vacant space on the toolbar and I have selected "Large Icons" in Icon Options. My Default Font is: Ariel 12pt. Ted Best to post this to an OE newsgroup where the OE experts hag out On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. &qu...

docx files won't open -
I have MS Publisher 2003. I tried the procedures discussed here to open a ..docx file I received as an EMail attachment. The result is an error message: "There is not enough memory to convert the text formatting. Windows is low on memory. Save your work and close the other programs to free up memory, and then try again" The computer has plenty of memory, with very little activity open. The .docx file will not open at all for cutting or pasting into Publisher. There is nothing in the Publisher help about ".docx" I understand my Publisher 2003 is fully updated...

IMAP accounts not recieving mail in scheduled send & recieve

Account List Balance and Ending balance
Hi All: When I click Account list my bank balance shows an amount say "A" dollars.. but when i go to the particular account the ending balance is not "A" dollars but "B" dollars. Why is there a discrepency?? Also the cash flow takes the "A" dollars into account while computing instead of the current ending balance "B" dollars thanks nithya ...

Import external data-text files but placed in the next column rather than next empty row
I want to import text files in to one worksheet. The text files are sent daily and all the same format. However the text file names change buy an incremental number. Is it possible to create a macro that imports these text files, ignoring their exact filename but from the same source directory into one worksheet. Can you use wild cards for the name e.g. "********.txt"? At the moment I can manually do this, by selecting the cell below the last record then using the process "Get external Data" and following the wizard which works fine. As soon as I try to create a m...

Netscape 7.0 export
Any way to export mail, address book, etc from Netscape 7.1 into Outlook? Doesn't seem to be supported beyond Netscape 4.0.... "Al Sheppard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:512d01c3e529$c921ef10$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Any way to export mail, address book, etc from Netscape 7.1 > into Outlook? Doesn't seem to be supported beyond Netscape > 4.0.... You need to use Netscape 4.x or Eudora as an intermediary. ...

Changing rows in spreadsheet
In Visio 2000, I have a spreadsheet on a page. Several rows at the bottom are blank. How do I remove them completely please? At present, they remain as empty, with faint outlines, so waste much-needed space. D-clicking the spreadsheet brings it up in a 'virtual' Excel window, but nothing I do seems to get rid of the blank lines. BTW, what is the 'correct' group for this sort of query please? I see both microsoft.public.visio and microsoft.public.visio.troubleshoot are used for 'problems'. Also, is it just my impression, or are many questions never answered? Is there a...

Change rows to columns
Is is possible to change rows to columns in excel? I have a spreadsheet reading right to left, and I want to take information from one row and list it vertically instead. for example: "one two three four" (written in 4 separate cells) becomes: one two three four (again in four separate cells) Please help! Otherwise, do you know a way to take one long row of information (over 30 cells horizontally) and re-arrange it in one or two steps? I want to take that row of information and send it on one piece of paper in an easy to read format. Thanks, Natasha Copy and Edit ...

Frx: linked data worksheet summing error
We use linked data worksheets for some of our reporting. The column format displays both current period and YTD. The YTD column is not calculating the correct amounts from the worksheet. For example, if we were in period 12, it would sum the YTD column as follows. period 1: add 12x period 2: add 11x period 3: add 10x period 4: add 9x ....and so forth period 12: add 1x Obviously, this gives us a huge error in the ytd column. Anyone have an idea why this is occurring? We are using the /cpo format for the linked worksheet. Thanks ...

an imported text field from Excel displays as an exponential number in Access
I'm trying to import an Excel worksheet into an Access table, and one of the text fields in Excel contains numbers stored as text. In Excel, one of these values displays as: 9782946 But after I import the worksheet into Access, it displays as: 9.78295e+006 It appears that Excel is sending this data to Access as a number, rather than as text. I realize that as far as Excel is concerned I'm storing a number as text, and while it's all well and good that Excel is trying to be so helpful, I would like it to treat the data as text. That's why I formatted...

Opening file from the internet
Hi, I have an app that has a registered document type with windows. When I click a link to a document of this type on a web page and choose "open" Windows downloads the file and starts up my app. The file that it gives me is in a temporary directory, and I can see the file if a navigate to it through a console window, but I can't open the file in my application using fopen() or with CArchive. It is as though the document doesn't exist or I don't have permission to open it. Can anyone help... Cheers David David, > I have an app that has a registered document ...

Changing values in a row based on a cell in the row.
Hi, I have a little matrix 5R x 6C. All cells within the matrix have data validation in them to restrict the input to "1" or "0". It is OK to have mutiple selections of "1's" in the same row, except if the user happen to select a "1" for the sixth or last cell in the row. If that happens I would like the other five cells in that row to have a value of "0". Something like A B C D E F 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 ok 2 1 0 1 0 0 1 Not ok 3 0 0 0 0 0 1 ok 4 5 -- Casey --------------------------------------...

How to get TEXT() to display minutes?
If I code =text(B2,"M") I get the month number. How can I get TEXT() to return the minutes? Does =MINUTE(B2) do what you want? -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Square Peg" <SquarePeg@Round.Hole> wrote in message news:5h6ud4tq4pfff7mveg9avt9a0rc7p2qkb7@4ax.com... > If I code > > =text(B2,"M") > > I get the month number. How can I get TEXT() to return the minutes? On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 09:24:57 +0100, "Bob Phillips" <bob.ngs@somewhere.com> wrote: >Does ...

Insert Cells-Row is Blocked > Size Limits ?
I've got Office 2000 running on Windows 2000 OS. There is a large Spreadsheet of 8 Columns and 185 Rows. ( about 3 .5 meg in size) I've tried to do an insert of a cell or Row into the workbook ( Sheet 1). The answer comes back that Excell can not move cell or row down to avoid shifting nonblank cells off the sheet. I can't see any protection set up or options that are set that affect the overall size of the number of rows in the sheet. Is there some limit on the number of cells/rows in Office 2000 that I'm no aware of? Best Regards John A Hansen John, Apparently, t...

appoinments display incorrectly
We have just upgraded to Windows and Office XP on some of our workstations. In Outlook some of the appointments (even new ones) are displayed one hour earlier than they should, but if you open the appointment, the time listed is correct. If you open it and go into the reoccurance, don't change anything but save and close it fixes them. The time and time zone are correct on the servers and the workstation. Is there a way to prevent this? Check the daylight savings time option in both control panel and Outlook tools->options->calendar. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Pos...

Suddenly can't access my Money file
Suddenly, my Money file won't open. Tells me my password is wrong, but I know it isn't (tried all the usual checks re case, etc.). Any clues why this might be? Problem was concurrent with my installing Bit Defender antivirus program, which slowed down machine considerably (more memory on order...). Thanks in advance. <carolannedwyer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2b16d09b-9ff7-42b0-b6c3-b87e28080c95@l37g2000vba.googlegroups.com... > Suddenly, my Money file won't open. Tells me my password is wrong, but > I know it isn't (tried all the usual checks re case, e...

Help!! My ICS/Firewall files are missing.. PLEASE HELP!!
Hello, I recently had a virus attack and cleaned everything off.. I have Avast virus software. I noticed that when i restarted my computer that my firewall was turned off.. So i went into the settings and tried to turn it back on but instead i got this message: "Windows Could not open the Firewall/ICs settings beause the associated service is not running". I clicked start on the serivces pane and i got another message saying "error 2 file not found". Now could this of happened when Avast deleted the infected files?? if so how can i get it back?? Please respond ASAP...

trace files
Does anyone know how to block trace files from comming in through Outlook or Internet explorer? Thanks, C- ...

Spreadsheet (version 1).xls: file format is not valid
My question was not posted from Tuesday, March 30, 2010, so I am asking again. Windows 7, excel 2007, while spreadsheet open, not necessarily in the middle of editing, arbitrarily goes to recovering the spreadsheet, then document recovery comes up on the left and the message as in the subject line appears. A converter was added about a week ago, that has been removed, but still having the issue. Please help. ...

Help files with Visual Studio 7?
Can someone help. It's been a little while since I did some programming. Since then I upgraded my Windows XP to SP2. This is the only difference I can imagine since the last time of using VS7. On my reinstall of Visual Studio, I don't get any thing when trying to bring up the help files and samples. Every thing returns "No Links are available for the current selection". Thanks in advance for any suggestions or input. -- L. James ------------- L. D. James ljames@apollo3.com...