French v French Canadian

We have a requirement for a French Language version of GP, (we are based in
the UK but need to install in Algeria) we want to go V10 but I cannot get any
answers as the whether or not the French Canadian version will be sufficient?
Can anyone help - is there anyone using the FC version and if so any idea
how it differs from the old V9 French version?
0
Katie (75)

Hi Katie

I used to work ofr a VAR that was based in Quebec with a very high French
(French Canadian) user base.

It has been my experience that the FC version is inferior to the europian
french version as Microsoft "Converts" the english version rather then
devolping it seperatly. What always happened was there where incorrect
translations and things missed in the FC. The european french version seems
to be a seperate development and there fore seems to be more stable with less
issues.

Hope this helps.

Fliehigh

"Katie" wrote:

> We have a requirement for a French Language version of GP, (we are based in
> the UK but need to install in Algeria) we want to go V10 but I cannot get any
> answers as the whether or not the French Canadian version will be sufficient?
> Can anyone help - is there anyone using the FC version and if so any idea
> how it differs from the old V9 French version?
0
Fliehigh (443)
9/11/2008 4:53:03 PM
Thanks thats useful to know - however.... MS have withdrawn their European
translations in V10 so the FC version is the only option!

Regards
Katie

"Fliehigh" wrote:

> Hi Katie
>
> I used to work ofr a VAR that was based in Quebec with a very high French
> (French Canadian) user base.
>
> It has been my experience that the FC version is inferior to the europian
> french version as Microsoft "Converts" the english version rather then
> devolping it seperatly. What always happened was there where incorrect
> translations and things missed in the FC. The european french version seems
> to be a seperate development and there fore seems to be more stable with less
> issues.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Fliehigh
>
> "Katie" wrote:
>
> > We have a requirement for a French Language version of GP, (we are based in
> > the UK but need to install in Algeria) we want to go V10 but I cannot get any
> > answers as the whether or not the French Canadian version will be sufficient?
> > Can anyone help - is there anyone using the FC version and if so any idea
> > how it differs from the old V9 French version?
0
Katie (75)
9/12/2008 7:59:01 AM
Wow, I didn't know that.

Well a couple of things to watch out for:

1) Canadian French (Quebec) is somewhat different then european french. it
is similar to talking to a person from england and then a person for then US.
It is the same language but some words ahve very different meanings.

2) Historically, the FC version needed a lot of chnages after the first
release of the product. More then the english version, as they seemed to
forget things or have errors int he translation.

It may be better now with 10 but as recently as 9 these issues where still
present.

Hope this helps and you find a solution.

Fliehigh (From Canada)

"Katie" wrote:

> Thanks thats useful to know - however.... MS have withdrawn their European
> translations in V10 so the FC version is the only option!
>
> Regards
> Katie
>
> "Fliehigh" wrote:
>
> > Hi Katie
> >
> > I used to work ofr a VAR that was based in Quebec with a very high French
> > (French Canadian) user base.
> >
> > It has been my experience that the FC version is inferior to the europian
> > french version as Microsoft "Converts" the english version rather then
> > devolping it seperatly. What always happened was there where incorrect
> > translations and things missed in the FC. The european french version seems
> > to be a seperate development and there fore seems to be more stable with less
> > issues.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > Fliehigh
> >
> > "Katie" wrote:
> >
> > > We have a requirement for a French Language version of GP, (we are based in
> > > the UK but need to install in Algeria) we want to go V10 but I cannot get any
> > > answers as the whether or not the French Canadian version will be sufficient?
> > > Can anyone help - is there anyone using the FC version and if so any idea
> > > how it differs from the old V9 French version?
0
Fliehigh (443)
9/12/2008 11:13:01 AM
Katie,

Translation is just one of the factors that you need to consider. Keep in
mind that most likely the French version of GP relied heavily in
customizations to address certain local requirements. Also keep in mind that
once in Europe, you have to deal with Euro and special reporting for European
agencies.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Katie" wrote:

> Thanks thats useful to know - however.... MS have withdrawn their European
> translations in V10 so the FC version is the only option!
>
> Regards
> Katie
>
> "Fliehigh" wrote:
>
> > Hi Katie
> >
> > I used to work ofr a VAR that was based in Quebec with a very high French
> > (French Canadian) user base.
> >
> > It has been my experience that the FC version is inferior to the europian
> > french version as Microsoft "Converts" the english version rather then
> > devolping it seperatly. What always happened was there where incorrect
> > translations and things missed in the FC. The european french version seems
> > to be a seperate development and there fore seems to be more stable with less
> > issues.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > Fliehigh
> >
> > "Katie" wrote:
> >
> > > We have a requirement for a French Language version of GP, (we are based in
> > > the UK but need to install in Algeria) we want to go V10 but I cannot get any
> > > answers as the whether or not the French Canadian version will be sufficient?
> > > Can anyone help - is there anyone using the FC version and if so any idea
> > > how it differs from the old V9 French version?
0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Microsoft Office in French
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Is Microsoft Office 2008 offered in French? It is, but only if you buy a French copy of Microsoft Office. If you buy the English version, you will be stuck with the English interface. On 10/12/09 20:32, in article 59baeb38.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "lambpup@officeformac.com" <lambpup@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel > Is Microsoft Office 2008 offered in French? -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP - Mac...

EOMonth function V. 2002 excel
I just recently starter using Excel 2002. I was using Excel 2000. My spreadsheets that use the function "EOMONTH" no longer work . It's not even available the list of functions. Is an addin available? Thanks Tools>add-inns, check analysis toolpak, keep the cd handy and follow the instructions -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "JohnD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06d301c4be20$0d732f60$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I just recently sta...

Tracking Canadian portfolio
Help! Somehow Money 03 is no longer tracking the prices of all of my Canadian retirement fund mutual accounts. Every one of them is flat-lined for the past year, except for May 28th, when ALL of them fell to -$99.90!! I know the economy back home is going in the dumper, but not THIS bad!! 8) Anyone have any suggestion as to why this has happened? Has the TSE changed symbols once again? Thanks ...

Office v.X Student/Teacher Edition
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3153246636_180875 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hi. Is anyone here from the UK and have they had any experience in purchasing and registering office v.X for Mac student/teacher edition? I read that the student teacher version of Office 2003 for the PC comes without a CD and instead a form is enclosed that has to be filled in and sent off. Upon verification of the form, the CD is then poste...

Word v.X will not boot
HELP! We've got a user who's word icon bounces, but never opens. All other office components work flawlessly. Whether he tries to open from the shortcut/file/document, it bounces twice then stops. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Hi Spencer, Try this article, "MacOFFX: Office Programs Bounce in the Dock But Do Not Start" http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313665 -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://www.mvps.org/ Search for help with the free Go...

Saving V-cards to Contacts
When someone sends me an v-card as an attachment, how do I save it in my contacts folder? Bob Open the attached .vcf file, and click Save and Close. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Bob Griendling" <bob@griendling.com> wrote in message news:ejEzyMHCFHA.904@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > When someone sends me an v-card as an attachment, how do I save it in my > contacts folder? > > Bob > I see. I had ac...

Canadian Editions?
Hello all.. A question regarding Canadian Editions.. I have Money 2004 Standard Canadian Edition. I was considering upgrading to 2006 Standard until I found out Microsoft butchered it by removing the Cash Flow Forecast feature from the standard edition. (presumably to force people to buy Deluxe instead). However, from what I can find online, there is only one Canadian edition - Standard - there is no Deluxe. If this is the case, then this now means that if you are Canadian, you can NOT get the cash flow feature at ALL. NICE. THANK YOU M$. Can anyone confirm this? Is there a Canadian De...

MSNStockquotes V MoneyCentral
If I use the Excel add-in for retrieving stock quotes I get quotes to 3 decimal places, however If I use vba code to retrieve prices from moneycentral.msn.com it only gives 2 decimal places. This appears to be a limitation of moneycentral, not the vba code. What vba code do I need to retrieve quotes to 3 decimal places. How are you doing this. At least post your code. Or If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line 3. You send ...

Canadian Banks #2
Does anyone know the work around for inputing a Canadian Bank versus a whole list of only american banks? In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know the work around for inputing a Canadian >Bank versus a whole list of only american banks? You are using Money 2004 Standard or Canadian version? Your regional settings are Canada? Your bank is Laurentian Bank of Canada? ...

Money 2004 Canadian
I got an new Dell LT and it had Money 2004 installed. I did setup my accounts there and everything was working for me until I started my RRSP accounts. I found out that everything was designed for the US (TAX-Accounting system). I am looking every where but I can't find a Money 2004 Canadian version. Can I use the same license to just convert to the canadian version of the software? I don't really need the US one. Thanks Ard M In microsoft.public.money, Ard Mandija wrote: >I got an new Dell LT and it had Money 2004 installed. I >did setup my accounts there and everythi...

no Canadian financial institutions listed
Cannot set up to download credit card statements as no Canadian banks are listed. They say they are compatible with money. How do I do this? ...

MS Money 2006 Delux Canadian Version
I would like to upgrade my MS Money 2004 Standard Edition to MS Money 2006 Deluxe Edition Canadian version. Does it exist? What is the website address I can review Deluxe version? Thanks. -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ AFAIK there is only a Standard version for M2006 Canadian. See http://money.mvps.org/othersoftware.aspx Bob Peel, MVP Money "masai" <masai_chadi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:op.sx01xct8dvcnul@chets.gv.shawcable.net... >I would like to upgrade my MS Money 2004 Standard Edition to MS Money 2006 &...

Exchange 2000 V 5.5
I am doing 70-224 and I am trying to upgrade my existing system I have two DC's both running AD and 1 running Exchange 5.5 with the email coming from the ISP. one domain is the admin domain with Win 2000 server with its own domain and AD but no exchange the second domain (marketing) also has its own AD plus it has Exchange 5.5 there is a fibre link between the two domains as the admin domain uses the marketing domain to access the internet when I set mailboxes up in Exchange 5.5 I just point the primary account link to the AD where the account is held and the mailbox is attached to th...

Windows Live Mail software client v.14.0.8089.0726
Can you answer these questions for me or address the issues being presented? Thank you kindly. 1.) When it concerns email encoding; What is the best setting? Right now I'm set to Western European (ISO) - should I stick with this or should I switch to Western European (Windows)? What's the difference. What's the best way to go? 2.) It sure would be nice to be able to directly email any questions I have to the powers that be at Windows Live Mail software technical support, all I have is a feedback form. How about a direct link to an email form for Windows Live Mail t...

2003 v. 2007
I have the same cell formula in a.xlsm workbook and in a .xls Compatibility workbook. =IF(AND($C$45>0,$C46="Clear"),1.35,IF($C$45>0,1,"")) The Computability workbook works correctly but the xlsm always indicates 1.35 as the result even when C46 is blank. The first term always evaluates as true I have copied the the formula from the .xls and also typed it in to the >xlsm Whats going on. ...

Copying and pasting rows from one wksht to another based on cell v
Good morning Was wondering if someone had a suggestion for me with regards to this, I have the following code that is copying rows from Worksheet1 ("Working") and adding them to another worksheet in the same workbook called "March": Set SrcSht = Sheets("Working") Set DstSht = Sheets("MARCH") LastrowA = SrcSht.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row LastrowB = DstSht.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row + 1 SrcSht.Range("A1:A" & LastrowA).EntireRow.Copy DstSht.Cells(LastrowB, 1) I would like to n...

How to Send / trap Ctrl + X, ctrl +V, Ctr+C messages in MFC?
I have an Dialog based application which has Flash activeX. inside flash window i hav a flash text box if i do cut,copy or paste using CTR +X, CTRL+V etc it does coy paste etc... now i have to handle these operations via a menu how i can get control over this since editbox is of flashactive X How i can send a message like ctrl+X CTRL+V etc in MFC ? If Flash offers an object model, I would use that. If not, try focusing on the control and then use SendInput. --- Ajay "Kishore" <kishor.s22@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2ce92699-88be-4c8a-b0f2-bb30d878f203@n22g2000prh....

GP Dynamics V10 Upgrade v.s. Modifier & Report Writer
I'm contemplating upgrading to V10 (from 9). We are running Project Accounting and have many customized reports and modified screens -- nothing fancy, just hid/reorganized data fields. Has anyone had any problems with modified screens (or reports) getting lost or distored after the conversion? No problem with the upgrading of modified forms and reports; just in case you need to upgrade modified forms and reports: 1. Make a backup of the reports dictionary (Reports.dic) or forms dictionary (Forms.dic) to upgrade. 2. Open the Release 10.0 launch file (Dynamics.set) and verify that th...

Batch Processing 1.2 v 3.0
Hello, In 1.2 we were able to perform mass mailings through the batch processing command. I noticed in 3.0, this is not available. What is available is performing mass mailings through Outlook. Is this true? ...

Enable Canadian Tax Detail
We spend alot of time manually adding PST (7%) to the cost of an item because when we invoice it out, we want to recover this cost ( we don't charge PST to our customers ) and we have the GST calculate as 6% of the pre-PST price. Now I hear this is what the "enable canadian tax detail" option is all about. I spent quite a bit of time yesterday setting this up in the test company but I must be missing something. I had to create a PST purchase tax detail, updated the GST one, updated the vendor class, updated the item class, created a new tax schedule. Entered a PO and rece...

[Visio 2003, MUI] for french language
Hi, I'm trying to find the MUI pack for Visio 2003, but all that I can see = on the Web is the SP1 for the multilingual User Interface, and when I = try to install it, a pop up tells me that I don't have the correct = version, although I've already installed the SP1 for the english = version... Any hint ? Oriane Mine is on my MSDN disc no. 2434.9 .... and then I installed the MUI SP1 "Oriane" <oriane@guermantes.com> wrote in message news:OF3YOdGjFHA.3704@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... Hi, I'm trying to find the MUI pack for Visio 2003, but all that I can see on ...

Canadian 2004 Standard trial available?
I have pre 2004 Money program (Version 3.0) that I want to upgrade. From a prior post someone advised I needed to do a "step conversion" from my old old program to Money 2004 and then to Money 2006. Is there a Canadian 2004 Standard trial version available so I can test this out. I really really want to preserve my old data. In microsoft.public.money, lindon wrote: >I have pre 2004 Money program (Version 3.0) that I want to upgrade. From a >prior post someone advised I needed to do a "step conversion" from my old old >program to Money 2004 and then to Mone...

Upgrading from Money 2000 Canadian Edition
Hi. I have been running Money 2000 Canadian Deluxe for the past 4 years and am now having a problem running it. I am getting C++ System Errors which I attribute to a change in the MFC42.dLL. Not a big deal - I'm ready to upgrade to the latest version but I don't know which one? Is there no Canadian version of Money 2004? Can I use the US version and upgrade my Canadian files ? ( I use multiple currencies) If so, can I order it online? Please help Thanks Andrew Canadian version available at Future Shop with a $15.00 rebate program (at least when I bought it 2 weeks ago). Norm ...

And v. Or and Not Like for in two fields
Hello, I have a field in a patient table called PrimaryDiagnosisCode which has a five character value that is either numeric or alpha numeric. I also have a field called AllSecondaryDiagCodes which has these same five character values but can have several of them all separated by semi-colons. For instance, a value can look like the following: ;25002;99760;4439;2809;V5867;V6284;412;496;41400;2 I have been given a list of codes to find in either field (Primary or secondary) along with exception codes for the secondary. For instance, if the code 64880 appears in the seconda...

Certain websites blocked... bing.com, facebook.com... perhaps by v
My wife's Dell Dimension runs Windows XP SP 2. Recently she has gotten a restricted access message when trying to get to certain web sites. So far as I know they are: www.bing.com www.facebook.com www.myspace.com www.youtube.com She can get on MSN, Google, and Yahoo. This message comes up under IE and Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. She has the latest version of Norton 360 Premium and the scans removed a couple items, but still no access on these sites. Oh, and she's got a shortcut to Farm Town (a FB game) that works. She can't go to Facebook h...