FP Can't Close Table Message

Does anybody know what causes the FP Can't Close Table message and how to
prevent it? Additionally, what does "FP" mean?

Thanks
--
Charles Allen, MVP

0
callen (2505)

FP means "Forms Processor." The subsystem within Dynamics that processes the
controls, tables and business logic associated with each form within
Dynamics. The  reasons for FP's in-ability to close a table can vary widely.
If you have a reproducable problem (i.e. it occurs regularly) you should
discuss the problem with Dynamics support.

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> Does anybody know what causes the FP Can't Close Table message and how to
> prevent it? Additionally, what does "FP" mean?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP

0
TL (19)
7/11/2006 1:58:01 AM
Charles,

Does this usually happen when exiting GP?  In my experience, this comes up
when GP has lost connection to the SQL Server.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Charles Allen" <callen@nospam-bkd.com> wrote in message
> Does anybody know what causes the FP Can't Close Table message and how to
> prevent it? Additionally, what does "FP" mean?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP

0
victoria (3340)
7/11/2006 9:41:54 AM
It happens within GP while doing inquiries and transactions.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Charles,
>
> Does this usually happen when exiting GP?  In my experience, this comes up
> when GP has lost connection to the SQL Server.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
>

> "Charles Allen" <callen@nospam-bkd.com> wrote in message
> > Does anybody know what causes the FP Can't Close Table message and how to
> > prevent it? Additionally, what does "FP" mean?
> >
> > Thanks
> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP

0
callen (2505)
7/11/2006 8:52:02 PM
Hmmm.  Is this happening frequently?  I have only seen this where there has
been a connectivity issue.  Although KB articles 874415 and 857388 talk
about it being a memory issue......

--

> It happens within GP while doing inquiries and transactions.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Charles,
>>
>> Does this usually happen when exiting GP?  In my experience, this comes
>> up
>> when GP has lost connection to the SQL Server.
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>>

>> "Charles Allen" <callen@nospam-bkd.com> wrote in message
>> > Does anybody know what causes the FP Can't Close Table message and how
>> > prevent it? Additionally, what does "FP" mean?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > --
>> > Charles Allen, MVP

0
victoria (3340)
7/11/2006 9:13:52 PM
Thank you. Unfortunately, neither one addresses the issue. SmartList is not
open when the errors occur, which one of the articles addresses. The other
article mentions a script added to the system to prevent problems during file
maintenance.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Hmmm.  Is this happening frequently?  I have only seen this where there has
> been a connectivity issue.  Although KB articles 874415 and 857388 talk
> about it being a memory issue......
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
>

> "Charles Allen" <callen@nospam-bkd.com> wrote in message
> > It happens within GP while doing inquiries and transactions.
> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Charles,
> >>
> >> Does this usually happen when exiting GP?  In my experience, this comes
> >> up
> >> when GP has lost connection to the SQL Server.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Victoria Yudin
> >> Dynamics GP MVP
> >>

> >> "Charles Allen" <callen@nospam-bkd.com> wrote in message

0
callen (2505)
7/12/2006 2:31:01 AM
Charles,

Is this the only error that comes up, no others?  Are there customizations
in this install?  Does support have anything to say about this?

--

> Thank you. Unfortunately, neither one addresses the issue. SmartList is
> not
> open when the errors occur, which one of the articles addresses. The other
> article mentions a script added to the system to prevent problems during
> file
> maintenance.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Hmmm.  Is this happening frequently?  I have only seen this where there
>> has
>> been a connectivity issue.  Although KB articles 874415 and 857388 talk
>> about it being a memory issue......
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>>

>> "Charles Allen" <callen@nospam-bkd.com> wrote in message
>> > It happens within GP while doing inquiries and transactions.
>> > --
>> > Charles Allen, MVP

0
victoria (3340)

Purging duplicate messages
I am using both Outlook and OE. Using both I want to export my OE local files and import them into Outlook for a permanent record. But over time I have accumalated my duplicate messages in Outlook. Is there some way of purging all Dups in Outlook? Yhanks, Tom The best way to do remove duplicates would be to sort by a date. Reveived, sent, create, but most likely the modify date will do the trick. If you do not see the modify date in your view you can add it by modifying the Current View and adding modified to the list of fields in the Inbox. You may be able to sort by the mofied da...

Table with FIFO Balances
Can anyone tell me which table holds FIFO balances in it? Thanks, Jocelyn Jocelyn, IV00102 has the quantities but I suspect your looking for IV10200 which has the history and the current FIFO layers. More info here: http://msdynamicsgp.blogspot.com/2007/09/weekly-dynamic-inventory-value-via-sql.html Mark (DynamicAccounting.net) http://www.dynamicaccounting.net On Oct 1, 3:44 pm, Jocelyn <Joce...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me which table holds FIFO balances in it? > > Thanks, > Jocelyn ...

How do you close a CRM 3.0 Service Ticket?
We just started using CRM 3.0 and are testing it out. There doesn't seem to be a way to close a service ticket in CRM 3.0. How do you close a ticket in CRM 3.0? While inside the case record, from the actions menu, select resolve case or cancel case. "DeWayne" wrote: > We just started using CRM 3.0 and are testing it out. There doesn't seem to > be a way to close a service ticket in CRM 3.0. How do you close a ticket in > CRM 3.0? I figured it out just moments before reading your post, but thanks for the help anyway. "Jason Lattimer" wrote: > ...

how to make a table to row column
Hi, I have a really big table with date as heading : People 11/07 12/07 13/07 john 1 2 5 wolf 5 4 7 how can I make to be seen as: People Date Number john 11/07 1 john 12/07 2 john 13/07 5 wolf 11/07 5 wolf 12/07 4 wolf 13/07 7 the spreadsheet is to long so it is not possible to do it by copy and paste, I also want to keep the link anybody can help? I really appreciate that thanks Nader nader wrote... >I have a really big tab...

Sharing messages & contacts between users
Hello, my wife and have upgraded from Win98 and Outlook Express to Win2000 Pro and Outlook 2003... what a time warp! My question is, it's nice to have separate Win2k usernames so she can have a messy desktop and I can have a simple one with web content on the desktop, etc. But when using Outlook 2003, I want both of us to see the same email inbox, same list of unread/read emails, same contacts, same sent items, and so on. I don't want to repeat an email she's already answered or have two sets of contacts for us both. How can I configure Outlook to do that with separate Windo...

replying to email deletes original message
can anyone help with this problem. everytime I reply to an email that is sent to me, the original disappears from my computer. Outlook 2000 on WinMe Is it deleted or just hidden as you have a view applied, such as "Unread Messages?" --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Douglas Norton asked: | can anyone help with this problem. everytime I repl...

Closed Opportunity Description in Database
When you close an opportunity you can enter a description, this does not get added to the description for the opportunity, and I can't figure out where to get it either to use in an email template or what database table it is in. Anyone know? This is in CRM version 4.0. There is a systm entity called Opportunityclose. It is available in the database FilteredOpportunityClose view. I don't think you can get to it from an email template, but you definately can from a report/SQL query. This is the same story for the case resolution description. "JR" wrote: > Whe...

Message Follow-up doesn't
Outlook 2003 Windows XP Professional Lately when I've flagged emails for follow-up the pop-up messages that would remind me that the follow-up is due hasn't been appearing. This has started happening since I had to have my laptop rebuilt. Any suggestions? Thanks, Rob ...

Error Messages 03-17-05
I have started getting a lot of error messages that simply say, "error, please see system administrator" when I am trying to close opportunities. Well, I am the system administrator and not knowing any specifics about an error leaves me nowhere to start looking to fix it. Does anyone have any ideas? Take a look at the event log on the server, it usually provides more detail on the error message. Be sure that the following key is set in the web.config file. <add key="LogErrors" value="On"/> "Dave" wrote: > I have started getting a lo...

Automatically add sent messages to different folder
Does anybody know if Outlook 2002 or later can be set-up to automatically add outgoing e-mails to a personal folder of your choosing? I'd like to be able to do this on a message by message basis, rather than by rules. Lotus Notes had this capability that brought up a dialog box with all the personal folders listed & let you select one each time. If this feature doesn't exist, does anybody know of an add-in that will accomplish the same purpose? Thanks, You can set the save folder on a per message basis by pressin the Options... button while composing a message. -- Robert S...

Merge 2 tables with conditions
Hi! I have 2 tables: Table Users: ID Name Password Birth Table Status: ID Status Both tables are related by "ID" field, but both tables have not the same number of elements I want to obtain a new table with this structure: Table Result: ID Name Password Birth Status As I said before both tables have not the same number of elements (rows) so in my result table, "Status" field should be empty for those "ID"'s not found in "Status" table. Example: Users: 1 2 3 ...

Outlook 2003 rules, check messages after sending, not working
Since upgrading to Outlook 2003 (from 2000) we are experiencing problem when using rules and sending messages from other applications (a attachment) We have some rules defined that check messages after sending, dependin on certain words in the subject, the message is moved to another folder This works with no problems when sending messages via outlook but whe sending (as attachment) with word, for example, the message does no get moved. This worked with no problems in Outlook 2000. Also still occurs afte SP2 installation. :( Any advice would be appreciated -- rowland -------------------...

how to sync fileds between tables in different database
Hi, I want to provide synchronisatiion between fields of two tables in different databases. what can be acheived by synchronising two fileds. I have databasea db1 and db2. In db1->TableA,db2-->TableB TableA-->EmpID,EmpName TableB-->EmpID,DeptNo. i want to provide synchronisation between EmpID fields in both tables. While Synchronising what is the functionality i can acheive? Hi Do you want to find out EmpID that exists in db1 and NOT EXISTS in db2? Have you looked into www.red-gate.com "Ajay" <Ajay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Same message received many times
Outlook 2002 downloads the same message hundreds of times. Outlook is set to leave a copy of message on server, and delete mail after 4 days, and delete when deleted from deleted items. Any idea what can cause this? Thanks. What sort of mail account(s) do you have? Is it only one particular message that gets downloaded repeatedly, or do you get all messages over and over? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "jerry" <jmascari@instantlink.com> wrote in message news:01f901c35d02$baa1...

Transpose & offset data from a table
I have the following table and I would like to have each item on one row # Acc# Dr Cr # Count Info 1271 1030 4.67 1 3 Cr 2200 0.27 1 3 Dr 6050 4.41 1 3 Dr 1288 1030 7.87 2 2 Cr 6090 7.87 2 2 Dr 1617 1030 61.9 3 4 Cr 2200 2.59 3 4 Dr 6050 4.11 3 4 Dr 6550 55.2 3 4 Dr 1958 1000 45.9 4 5 Cr 1000 39.2 4 5 Cr 2200 4.01 4 5 Dr 6310 37.4 4 5 Dr 6630 43.7 4 5 Dr There is info that can help with determining items Count - checks how many items should be transposed Info - provides the information whea...

Deleting Test Messages
Hi I am running Outlook 2002 on a Win XP box. I have 8 e-mail accounts, when I was setting them, as part of the e-mail set-up wizard I pressed the 'Test account settings' button. This works fine BUT for the accounts I only want to receive mail from because I don't have access to the SMTP server of those accounts a test message is sent. This of course fails. Every time I run Outlook now it tries to send these test messages, how do I delete them ?? as they do not show in the outbox folder. Many thanks, Jiddster jid@mi55.screaming.net You can also try to set the SMTP server of y...

save full, raw message including header to txt Outlook 2002
I need to save a full, unformatted email message including header information to a txt file using Outlook 2002. How do I do that? with 2002, the best option is pocketknife peek (http://www.xintercept.com/pkpeek.htm) or using OE. Outlook 2002 doesn't have a full source option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlo...

Data from Excel to Access Table
Hello, I have this code setup in Excel but I want to be able to upload multiple rows at one time. Is there a way to incorporate this into my code? Also, is there a way to upload cells that are blank as well? Right now it won't allow me to upload cells that are blank. Can this be done? Sub UploadData() Dim MyCn As ADODB.Connection Dim SQLStr As String Set MyCn = New ADODB.Connection MyCn.Open "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; " & _ "DBQ=\\Bcar1\bcar-net\Quality-ISO\Quality-Control\BC-Quality-Control\BC QA mdb\BC Quality Action Database.mdb;SystemDB=\...

sum tables cells using row and column conditions
Hi, i need to sum the values in a table based on a name match in COLUMN B and a text match in ROW 4 - say for each occurrence of "Jim Smith" in range B7:B505,when "text" appears in range E4:GC4, SUM all cells which will contain number values- so if:- text1 text2 text3 text1 Jim Smith 3 6 2 4 Sue Brown 1 5 1 7 Mark Bosman 2 9 3 6 Jim Smith 5 4 2 3 the result would have ...

threads won't close and then reopen correctly...
I have a MFC VC++ project that has a thread started in the OnInitDialog() function of a dialog box. AfxBeginThread(ThreadProcess, (LPVOID) this, 0); I handle the thread in the the following function UINT Questions::ThreadProcess(LPVOID param) { //do some stuff AfxEndThread(0); return 0; } Everything works well until I close the dialog box and then reopen it. When I do that the thread doesn't work as it should the second time around. Anyone have any thoughts on why I am getting this unwanted behavior and what I can do to correct it? Thanks in advance, RABMissouri2008 "RAB&...

Unable to send message
When trying to send a message to a certain email address get this error: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test 22 Sent: 12/1/2004 8:43 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Ron Home' on 12/1/2004 8:43 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=Water Office;l=WATER_NT2-041201134322Z-92 Any help would be great, Ron T. On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:10:25 -0500, "Ron T." <rtuell@haverhillwater.com> wrote: >When trying to send a message to a certain email address ge...

Relay denied error message
I have experienced this only twice in the past two or three weeks, it looks like when someone sends an email they are getting a bounce back that states The following recipient(s) could not be reached: XXXXXXXXX on 11/10/2005 8:13 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <XXXXXXXXX#5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <XXXX@XXXXXXX.com>... Relaying denied. Please check your mail first.> Can anyone help me out and tell me where to look to see if this is an error on my end. I appreciate you des...

Messages remain in Outbox
My messages remain in my Outbox and are not being sent. I'm using Outlook 2000 and the account is set up as Internet mail. All settings have been checked and I have gone through all of the related help topics on the computer and online. There are no rules set up; I have re- opened messages from Outbox and clicked "Send" and they still remain - although they 'briefly' change to italic, they revert back quickly. The account was working and sending messages last week, and I'm still receiving messages ok. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Kar...

Close Past Appointments automatically in CRM 3.0
In CRM 1.2 there use to be a stored procedure that would automatically close past appointments. In CRM 3.0 the SQL Job is still listed but the stored procedure is gone. Is there a way to get this back in CRM 3.0? Thanks Angela You can do that with workflows. Take a look at this blog post: http://www.cwrmobility.nl/weblog/2006/01/automatically-close-appointments-after.html HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "astuartmills" <astuartmills@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46BBBB6B-93AD-451F-810A-C8B42F750221@microsoft.com... &g...

Message Boxes
When displaying a message box how do you insert rows, carriage returns and place bullit points on left hand side of box. I've seen how to do it somewhere and I know it's dead simple but can't remember where!!! Thanx all!!! Mikey, Use the concatenate operator, &, with the Chr(10) (line feed) code: MsgBox "First line" & chr(10) & "Second line" To keep the code cleaner-looking, you may want to use the form: MsgBox "This is the first line" & Chr(10) & _ "This is the second" & Chr(10) & _ "And the fina...