Format Smartlist field

Is it possible to format a smartlist field?  Let's say from 2 decimals to 4
decimals?

--
SmokyDuck
0

This is only possible in SmartList Builder SmartLists, not in the 'out of
the box' SmartLists.  In SmartList Builder, you can click on the Display
Name of a field, then click the blue arrow in the header to go to Set Field
Options.  For number fields there will be a tab called Decimal Places.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Smokyduck" <Smokyduck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to format a smartlist field?  Let's say from 2 decimals to
> 4
> decimals?
>

> --
> SmokyDuck

0
victoria (3340)

Unposted Cash Receipts in Smartlist
Hi Does anyone knows the reason why unposted cash receipts won't show in Smartlist? All receivables transactions will show in Smartlist even unposted except for cash receipts. Only once the cash receipt is posted, then it will show in smartlist (Receivables Transactions). Any way to show unposted in cash receipts? Or there is something that I am missing. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance! -- Bryan Hipolito Dear , u r not missing anything , so far smart list still have some limitation - and the cash receipts are used to store in the combination of one to many temp ta...

#ERROR in Custom Field
I wrote a simple equation Additional Costs = ([Cost]) * 0.08 It was accepted into the equation but in the column it show "#ERROR" Does anyone have any suggestions or know what I did wrong? Hit the F9 key to recalculate. What type of field is the Additional Costs field? -Jack Dahlgren "Erin" <Erin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE0A8BFF-7179-4168-80EC-DE1881F8E284@microsoft.com... > I wrote a simple equation > > Additional Costs = ([Cost]) * 0.08 > > It was accepted into the equation but in the column it show...

Macro to export Smartlist to Excel
Hi I would like to create a macro to open smartlist, select a query and export it to Excel. I have saved the query as a favourite and set up the Export Solutions to save the query to an excel file. However macro stops during the export to excel stage. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. You should have recorded the macro up to the point of smartlist exporting the data to excel and shifting back the focus on your smartlist and stop the macro recording. When you played back the macro you will discover that a dialog box informing you how long the macro ran and when you ...

Does Smartlist have max # of records it looks at?
I created a report through SmartList builder and when I run it, the information stops at 12/7/09. It does not show the rest of the year regardless of what date criteria I use. I then created a similar SQL query and made a new SmartList from that query. Again the information stops at 12/7/09. Is there a maximum number of records that SmartList will look at? Or any ideas on why this is happening? This is my SQL query: select a.ordocnum, a. crdtamnt, a.debitamt, a.trxdate, a.actindx, a.ormstrid, a.ormstrnm, a.dscriptn, b.mnacsgmt, c.userdef1, c.userdef2 from gl20000 a lef...

Blank/empty field confusion
I'm quite new to Access DB design. My problem is that I am not sure how certain fields that are left blank/empty are treated. Is there in fact "something" inside that field. This relates to a DB search form which I have in Visual Web Developer 2008 - it has 5 fields - 3 text, 2 drop-down. It seems that when this search form queries the Access DB, it is behaving like a blank/empty field in a record in fact has something inside it. Is this correct? How can I get the empty fields in the DB to be ignored during the search process? Thanks! Mart "Martin Stabrey" &...

custom cells format
I want to format a cell so i can transform 1256453 in 125.56. How can i format a cell so i can view first number as 125.56? Thanks for your help. You have a couple of replies to your other posts. puiuluipui wrote: > > I want to format a cell so i can transform 1256453 in 125.56. How can i > format a cell so i can view first number as 125.56? > Thanks for your help. -- Dave Peterson Go to Format -->Cell -->Number-->Custom There you type 0.00, You get the results as desire Sanjeev Agarwal "puiuluipui" wrote: > I want to format a cell so i can tra...

Change button right before the formula field
Hello everyone, Right before where you enter values/formulas you have a button. In some Excel versions it is a "=" button that you can push this if you want to. Now I have a FUNCTION button there instead and that is somewhat irretating. Does someone know how I can change the button right before the formulafield? The = icon disappeared in newer versions of excel (xl2002???). You can add an = icon Tools|customize|commands tab|Insert category (Scroll down the list until you find the = icon) And drag it to your favorite toolbar (nicely positioned). It's not quite the same, ...

Text import
Hi I have a text file which I import into Access table using transfertext method. everything is okay except few date columns are in ddmmyyyy format In some of the columns I have a date in the follwoing format ddmmmyyyy (i.e 13Oct2007) - without any slash or hyphen. How can I get this in proper data format 10/13/2008 (mm/dd/yyyy) either at the time of importing or after importing get this proper date in a different column. Aslo, I have some dollar amount columns and signage (negative or positve) is given in a separate column. So all the dollar amounts are abosolute value. Based on the...

3075 Error Trying to search for key word in a comments field.
OK so here is where I am and what I am trying to do next. Where I am. I have my Visual Basic code tied into the OK command button. I have a Form to search through my data and only put the requested information in a query. So far I have all of this working fine. I have the code clear the query each time it is used and repopulate the querry with the new choices.(The Where From etc...) The Problem with what I am trying to do next. It has been decided that there needs to be a comments column. They then what the option to search for a key word in the column to define the results. The...

Help formating
I have cells which can accpet percentages and currency values my questions is when i enter a value <1 i want the cell to format as % if the value is >1 then i want it to be currency. can some one help me out i cant do this using condityional formating. any one have ideas ??? Regards, Alexandre Use a custom format instead: Format/Cell/Number/Custom [<1]0.00%;$#,##0.00 You don't say what should happen if the value is =1. I assumed currency format. In article <1122487381.944331.179000@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "Alexandre Brisebois (www.pointnetsolutio...

Contact Email address format
Hi! I'm trying to programmatically access the my contacts from outlook, which I did using the following code: var outlookApplication = new ApplicationClass(); NameSpace mapiNamespace = outlookApplication.GetNamespace("MAPI"); MAPIFolder searchFolder = mapiNamespace.GetDefaultFolder(OlDefaultFolders.olFolderContacts); The problem is that any email address (Email1Address) retrieved which is connected to the same local Microsoft exchange server is retrieved in the following format: /o=First Organization/ou=Exchange A...

Custom Format : Gb/Mb/kb/bytes : Need help debugging command
Hi Everyone, I'm trying to format a few series of bytes as something that is a little more legible, and truncating the number of decimal points. While the link 'Local Tips on Custom Formatting eg.' (http://www.exceltip.com/st/Formatting_numbers_according_to_criteria_in_Microsoft_Excel/71.html) has been a great aid in getting the general drift of how to write the custom format strings, it doesn't aid debugging something that errors. I have the following line: > [<1099511627776]((#,##0.000)/1099511627776)" > TB";[<1073741824]((#,##0.000)/1073741824)"...

Word Formating & Words Adding
i) In column A is my product series as "18-65-85", "18-1-98", "18-656-74" and etc. Now, I would like make it all in standard as "18-0065-85", "18-0001-98" "18-065 6-74" and etc. What's faster way? ii)Now in column B is my product code as "PO-484P", "PP-65P", "HB-K5P", etc. Now, I would like to add an "A" in every code to be "APO-484P", "APP-65P", "AHB- K5P", etc... What's faster way? Kelvin, There is probably an easier formula or a custom ...

Formatting Percentages Redux
Ages ago I asked a question about formatting percentages (specifically in TextBox controls on a UserForm) to display a plus or minus sign as appropriate - something that the 'FormatPercent' function doesn't support. I received a most helpful answer from either Jay or Doug - I've slept a few times since then and can't remember exactly who it was - describing a method for using the basic 'Format' function to meet my needs, and things have been working a treat ever since. Until now... Here's the situation. I need a method whereby percentage values...

Finding Duplicates with many fields
I have a table that consists of many Clients with many plans (fields) that may be the same and maybe different. There are 3791 clients and I was going to try to do a duplicate query but, it only allows to look up to 10 fields. I need find all the clients that have the same exact plans for 20+ fields any suggestions? Thank you for all your assistance On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:15:01 -0700, LG <LG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table that consists of many Clients with many plans (fields) that >may be the same and maybe different. There are 3791 clients and...

Cell Format #11
I have a situation I do not understand, maybe someone can give me some direction. I have received an invoice from one of our suppliers via email. They provide a way to translate there invoice into a comma separated value file. When I translate to excel I get a column with 756:00:00 in a cell. If I look at the bar at the top of the screen I have the value" 1/31/1900 12:00 PM " The result I am trying to get is numeric 756 . Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can get to the result I want?? Thank you in advance. Greg Bonsour=AE Greg avec ferveur ;o))) vous nous disiez :...

Formatting concatenated text
It's easy to concatenate two text strings: =concatenate("Sales: ", "u last year") would produce "Sales: up last year". But I want to underline the word "Sales" in the final text string just not any of the other words or characters. Can this be done? Thanks. Tro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi this is not possible with formulas. Formulas can only return values but not change formats -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > It's easy to concatenate two text strings: =concatenate("Sales: ", "up >...

Contract Admin
Is there any way to configure the User Defined Fields in Contract Management? There are 5 of them, but I don't see any setup screens where these can be confiured to have the proper label I want. Even more importantly, I would like to be able to select from a list of options to populate these. Any advise is appreciated. Hi Adam, you can find the user defined fields under Microsoft Dynamics GP menu --> Tools-->setup-->Project-->Contract Setup. When setting up Contract Administration, either open each setup window and type information, or use the Setup Checklist window ...

Use VBA to update custom field on Collection Main screen
I've modified the Collection Management main screen by adding a field to display the e-mail address linked to the AP address ID. The code to update that field fires after the user tabs away from the customer ID field. However, if the user wants to use the VCR buttons at the bottom of the screen, they have to click twice to go to the next record. When they do that, the field doesn't update itself. I know I am probably being dumb, but am having a huge mental block on how to get that field to update itself when the user advances to another record on the screen. Any assistance is appr...

HELP: Auto Populate Excel Userform fields from access query result
Hi All, How do I populate Access query results in excel userform text fields? For eg; I have a Query: "SELECT Student_ID, Course, Grade, Qtr_ID" & _ " FROM Student_Info WHERE Student_ID = " & _ Me.StudentId.Value Here Me.StudentId.Value is a text box in excel userform And here is what the query results look like: Student_ID Course Grade Quarter_ID JP1124 Math A SP01 SP1164 Phy B SP01 Here "Student_ID, Course, Grade, Quarter_ID" are the column headers ...

Macro to auto save file using the format YYMM
Hi, I recorded a macro that automatically saves a file then change the formula in cell A1 to today's date, ie =today(), then save the file. I have a problem with the last part...is there any way I can set the macro such that the file will be saved as "c:\YYMM ABC" where 'YYMM' is the format of the date (probably can be taken from cell A1) and 'ABC' is my own file name? Thanks! You can get the date right in the code: dim myFileName as string myfilename = "C:\" & format(date,"yymm") & " ABC.xls" activeworkbook.saveas fi...

Is it possible to add a lookup field to the schema?
Hi all; I couldnt add a lookup to the incidents schema. Is there a way to do this? Alper Can Alper, In the currentl release of MSCRM you cannot add a lookup field to the schema. Matt On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 10:49:02 +0200, "Alper Can" <alperc@datasistem.com.tr> wrote: Hi all; I couldnt add a lookup to the incidents schema. Is there a way to do this? Alper Can No, you can't add your own lookup fields (at least not without hacking it into the metabase). Mike greaterthantwo media Printable Quotes, Orders and Invoices, with line-item details, now available for MSCRM. h...

no automatic fill of from-field
when I start up a new e-mail message, the FROM field does not aumatically fill with my own e-mail address. why is that and what should I do about it ? Erik Dont do anything, only use it if you want to send from another user in your organisation. "erik" <et57@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:m1bov1hih3baqf2h7hmlkfhlpmnmq9hj4d@4ax.com... > when I start up a new e-mail message, the FROM field does not > aumatically fill with my own e-mail address. > why is that and what should I do about it ? > > Erik On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:31:06 -0000, "Noel All"...

Reimbursable checkmark field in transaction form #2
Microsoft Money 2004 Small Business I updated yesterday to Money 2004. In the transaction form is a checkmark field <Reimbursable>. It is disabled. I can't find anything about this in Help or the User's Guide. What can I use this for? How can I activate it? Thanks Henrik ...

Format of a cell
I have a problem when I read the ":" colon as a separator from an excel or text file that uses it as a separator. the example I have is that when the colon separator is followed by a number, say for example : 35, the number appears on the cell as 35:00:00 which is a time format. It seems that Excel takes the separator as a time format for the cell and it does not allow change of the cell's format not even to a simple text format. Even when the formatting of the cell is changed to a general format it generates a decimal number that is a multiplier of 24. If the value i...