Fixed Assets #8

Hi all
I hope that u can help me. I have two books (Fin & Tax). I want the Fin book
to post to the GL and not the Tax book. I cant have a account class for each
book.

Please can u advise

Lauie

Go to Tools --> Setup --> Fixed Assets --> Company and select the book you
want to use to post to GL.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Laurie Fineberg" wrote:

> Hi all
> I hope that u can help me. I have two books (Fin & Tax). I want the Fin book
> to post to the GL and not the Tax book. I cant have a account class for each
> book.
>
> Please can u advise
>
> Lauie
0
callen (2505)

Importing Communicator 7.1 messages into Outlook 97 v 8.04.5619
I don't see the option to import messages from Communicator/Netscape in the Import/Export menu and I don't find anything when I go to the Knowledgebase. I thought I selected all the converters from the ValuPack. Is this possible and are there any instructions? Can you export to Outlook Express? If yes, then you can use the Export from OE to Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and fi...

How to add a Focus trigger on a Fixed Assets dictionary form
Hello to all, I'm using Dexterity to do some customizations to Great Plains and from the main Dynamics dictionary, I'm trying to add a Focus trigger to the Save Button in the FA_General_Maintenance form which is part of the Fixed Assets dictionary. I get a compilation error because the form does not exist on the Dynamics dictionary. Since I'm doing some validations at the moment a user logs to Great Plains so the application knows if the trigger needs to be added or not, is there a way to actually do this? I appreciate any help anyone can provide. Thank you. -- Best rega...

Current Asset Allocations vs Asset Allocation Report
Why would the above values be different within MS money? For instance there can be a 2% difference between my cash/money market or any other asset category between these two functions. Which should I believe when I reallocate within my investment accounts? Another peculiar twist is when I determine an asset class for a particular stock for instance HEADWATERS CO Small Cap, MS Money will revert it back to the orginial class. Any way to keep in the class (small cap or mid cap, etc) ? ...

Fixed Asset: Book value in cents
How can I stop depreciation of a Fixed Asset whose net book value is one dollar or less than one dollar. Help will be appreciated. Well... you have to change the depreciation method manually to No Depreciation. Then don't reset year or life.. just recalculate. "Tomal" wrote: > How can I stop depreciation of a Fixed Asset whose net book value is one > dollar or less than one dollar. > > Help will be appreciated. ...

Item Lot tracking in GP 8.0
Is there any way to enable the tracking of an item once a quantity has been received and it resides in inventory? I've scanned the help screens with no luck to this point... You have to do an adjustment to remove the quantity in inventory. Set the lot tracking option, then do another adjustment to return the quantity to inventory. The second adjustment will require that you have the lot numbers for the items being put into inventory "Donald@PMI" wrote: > Is there any way to enable the tracking of an item once a quantity has been > received and it resides in inven...

How to get proper asset allocations
It seems that money is not capable of providing accurate asset allocations for mutual fund portfolios. OK.. I can accept that. Now, is their a way to easily export the info to a website that may do that for me? like morningstar, or msn.com? Also, is it safe to do that? Thanks "Dave" <PAVEWAVE@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message news:1142014822.718848.245280@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > > It seems that money is not capable of providing accurate asset > allocations for mutual fund portfolios. OK.. I can accept that. Now, is > their a way to easily export the info ...

Exchange 2000 #8
Does anyone know where I can documentation pointing out the advantages of Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003 over Exchange 5.5? Thanks in advance, Michael http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/features/ex_compare.asp -- David Sapery Exchange MVP dsapery@mvps.org "Michael Henderson" <mhenderson@amerlink.com> wrote in message news:ObxmqhWgEHA.3192@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know where I can documentation pointing out the advantages of > Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003 over Exchange 5.5? > > Thanks in advance, > Michael > > http://www...

Keeping the date fixed
Hello, I was wondering if I could get help to write a query for the scenario where: I enter a value in column A and a date appears in column B, which stays fixed and does not change based on the current date. Also, if I delete the value from Column A, then the date also gets deleted. This is what I have so far: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Column = 1 Then Target.Offset(0, 1).Value = Now() End If End Sub The problem is, as I said, if I delete the value from column A, the date still stays in column B, which I don't want it to. ...

Fixed Assets-Depreciation for 18 months
Hi, Our client has been having 12 month fiscal periods (ending June). This year the F/Year will be extended to 18 months (ending Dec), and from thereon it will be 12 months. (Jan to Dec). Most of the fixed assets are setup as Straight line orig life. When we rebuild the GL calendar and FA calendar to be 18 months and recalculate assets for the year, the annual depreciation amount is equivaly divided in 18 months for monthly depreciation. ie. If an asset was having a monthly depreciation of $100, with annual amount of $1200, now it is getting 1200/18 per month=$66.67. Where as our client...

Mutual Funds Quotes Updating Fixed
The recent mutual funds quotes problem has been fixed, as has been noted by users. The error notice has been removed from the http://money.msn.com/common/networkstatus.asp status page. ...

blocked attachments #8
How do I unblock attachments from our outlook express? we cant sent web links. KHodge <Khodge@mkford.com> wrote: > How do I unblock attachments from our outlook express? > we cant sent web links. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup or use Google to find one of the 100,000 times this question has been asked and answered. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. ...

minimum a fixed figure when it is lower
My M/U figure is $ 45.25. how to minimum my M/U figure to $ 70.00 when everytime i get lower the $70.00? and i dont want any changes when i get higher figure. thank +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: Untitled-1.jpg |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3525 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- weepe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- weepel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo...

Fixed Asset Sample Data
How do I install the sample data for Fixed Assets in the Fabrikam company for GP R9? ------=_NextPart_0001_8E8323E6 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Cindy, Thank you for using newsgroups. In order to add the sample data fro the Fabrikam company in versions 9.0 and later, you will need to re-add the Fabrikam company. To do this you will need to launch GP Utilities at the server and use the Re-Add Sample Company Data option. Unfortunately this means you will lose anything that you have already done in the sample company. Thank you, Ken Hubbard Microsoft ...

Recurring bills in GP 8.0
I need someone to advise me on how to enter and post recurring bills as in utilities. I do not want to have to enter a bill each month and then go back and do a manual payment is there an easier way? Thank you, Shelly ...

Here is fix for Windows file problems
If you have installed a Windows update and started having problems opening, closing, copying files, see: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc&mid=1fe358b1-c8eb-4217-ad2a-4b9fcf741916 Thanks for this, I cannot believe how many folks had Office broken with this update, myself included. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Patricia Shannon" <PatriciaShannon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B36183C4-1AA4-49B8-85E2-2A45930...

Custom reports #8
I am trying to set up a custom report for my business that will diplay something like: SalesRep|Item|Discount($0 if none)|SalePrice|TotalPrice...All that I can't figure out is how to show what items were discounted and how much for. Also, is there any way to pull up the Top Sales Rep list and have it show on there how much each employee has discounted for the week? Any help would be greatly appreciated! hi AGC62, your first query about the report you can do so if you know how to modify the active report the .grp files, however if not we are here to help you out. I have the report ...

MBS HR 8.0
I need some clarification. Do you link multiple HR Time Codes to a single PR Pay Code or do you link multiple PR Pay Codes to a Single Time Code in HR? Thanks. From the HR Installation and Setup Manual, page 81: Pay codes can accept transactions from multiple time codes, but transactions from a time code cannot be sent to multiple pay codes. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Robert" wrote: > I need some clarification. Do you link multiple HR Time Codes to a single PR > Pay Code or do you link multiple PR Pay Codes to a Single Time Code in HR? > Thanks. Send a message to my e-...

Publisher 98 #8
I am looking for a copy of Publisher 98. There are two fonts (Kids and Andy) which are not offered on Publisher 2000 that I need for my job's business cards. How can I go about retrieving those fonts? http://www.fonts.com/fontlist/206607-andy.html go to google.com and search on "font andy" for more... repeat for the other. -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "Tonya S. Coy" <tscoy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:B32A296B-7904-4A5F-B295-48FEAB96A3F3@microsoft.com......

Error message when closing IE 8
When *I* close Internet Explorer 8, I get a message implying that the software closed on its own due to a problem: "Internet Explorer has stopped working. A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7 RC; Win7) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? Troublesho...

View in IE 8
I just installed IE 8. Then, I inadvertantly removed the menu bar so now I can't get back to Tools or View. How can I get it back. Thank you. Right click where it used to be! >WT< "Hickory" <Hickory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5B4A390-5C69-4CCF-BBDD-0968B607DDE0@microsoft.com... >I just installed IE 8. Then, I inadvertantly removed the menu bar so now I > can't get back to Tools or View. How can I get it back. > > Thank you. "Hickory" <Hickory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Dynamics 8.0 & VPN
When we access Dynamics remotely thru VPN, it takes at least 15 minutes to get the application to load. In reviewing the Microsoft documentation, it looks like only Terminal Services & Citrix is supported. Is that true? Or is there any settings within the application to speed up a remote connection? Thank you for your assistance. DM, Yes that is true. Citrix or Terminal Server only. If you try to use a VPN, or any other type of connection for that matter, you are on your own as regards support from Microsoft. Lyle On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 15:00:01 -0700, DM <DM@discussions.micros...

Wilmar
Price:$27.74 Image: http://thediscountguru.info/image.php?id=B0002KO1MQ Best deal: http://thediscountguru.info/index.php?id=B0002KO1MQ Wilmar 1/2" Drive 8 Piece Metric Deep well socket includes sizes: 12mm, 13mm, 14mm, 15mm, 16mm, 17mm, 18mm, 19mmActual product may vary from image shown. ...

recording asset loan extra payments
How do I record and track an asset loan in Money 2002 when an extra payment amount is given(each month, our land payment check is for $1.02 more than it should be.) You create a loan account and setup a loan payment. Then you edit the splits of the loan payment and add a line for an extra Principal Transfer (that's the "category") of the $1.02. "Katy" <db0008@dragonbbs.com> wrote in message news:092701c38f72$1f31ffc0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How do I record and track an asset loan in Money 2002 > when an extra payment amount is given(each month, our > l...

Fixed Assets open report error
Good day, When we try to print a report from report writer for a fixed assets report we get the error "Open table Error". I have checked the table to propper rights and that all the fields that are on the report are valid. I even went so far as to make a copy of a report to modfiy it. No matter what I do I get the same error. Has anyone had this issue before and if so what was the fix? Thanks, ConfusedAdmin Try renaming your existing modified reports dictionary, Reports.dic. Re-launch Great Plains. Go into Report Writer and import all the reports into the new reports di...

How do I fix this?
I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu Bar and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I can't get the Tool menu back. Help Please. Thanks Hold down the Shift key when you open your database. Rob "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3A9F20A-231C-42CA-80C4-59B836CFE1AB@microsoft.com... >I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu >Bar > and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I > can't > get the Tool menu ba...