Fixed Asset Import Multiple Times?

Scenario:

We have a new client on GP 9.0, SQL 2005.  They are just starting to use
Fixed Assets.  We are planning on doing the initial import of fixed assets
via Excel and the Fixed Asset Import Wizard.  However, they will have many
acquisitions in the next few months/years of additional companies (from which
they will acquire many new fixed asets at a time).

Question:
Can we do additional imports (from excel and the FA import/export wizard)
for new/additional fixed assets we acquire during these acquisitions?

We would want to maintain all our current Fixed Assets, of course, and just
add to it.  I know the import will work for initial installs, I'm just not
positive I can keep importing multiple times.  There will be many hundreds of
assets that we'll have to import at once from these acquisitions and it will
be much easier if we can import vs. key into GP.

Thanks!
Julie
0
Julie (122)

You shouldn't have any problem importing additional assets. However, I think
Integration Manager is a much better tool.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Julie" wrote:

> Scenario:
>
> We have a new client on GP 9.0, SQL 2005.  They are just starting to use
> Fixed Assets.  We are planning on doing the initial import of fixed assets
> via Excel and the Fixed Asset Import Wizard.  However, they will have many
> acquisitions in the next few months/years of additional companies (from which
> they will acquire many new fixed asets at a time).
>
> Question:
> Can we do additional imports (from excel and the FA import/export wizard)
> for new/additional fixed assets we acquire during these acquisitions?
>
> We would want to maintain all our current Fixed Assets, of course, and just
> add to it.  I know the import will work for initial installs, I'm just not
> positive I can keep importing multiple times.  There will be many hundreds of
> assets that we'll have to import at once from these acquisitions and it will
> be much easier if we can import vs. key into GP.
>
> Thanks!
> Julie
0
callen (2505)
12/5/2006 6:25:00 AM
This is possible.  We have done this before.  Remember to backup before
importing.

"Julie" <Julie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Scenario:
>
> We have a new client on GP 9.0, SQL 2005.  They are just starting to use
> Fixed Assets.  We are planning on doing the initial import of fixed assets
> via Excel and the Fixed Asset Import Wizard.  However, they will have many
> acquisitions in the next few months/years of additional companies (from
which
> they will acquire many new fixed asets at a time).
>
> Question:
> Can we do additional imports (from excel and the FA import/export wizard)
> for new/additional fixed assets we acquire during these acquisitions?
>
> We would want to maintain all our current Fixed Assets, of course, and
just
> add to it.  I know the import will work for initial installs, I'm just not
> positive I can keep importing multiple times.  There will be many hundreds
of
> assets that we'll have to import at once from these acquisitions and it
will
> be much easier if we can import vs. key into GP.
>
> Thanks!
> Julie

0
news_jamrock (304)

Importing Text File #3
Did ya ever have one of those lucky accidents that you like and would like to replicate? I created a simple excel workbook based on imported text data. Later, when I reopended the file, I noticed that the "refresh" button was activated and would auto import when I clicked. The best part is that the import specs were retained. I have no idea how I did this and have not been able to replicate the functionality. Can someone help? Thanks Bean, It sounds as if you used Data - Get external data. It remembers all the paramaters you specify, and you have only to do a refresh, ...

Multiple user names at one bank or brokerage
I have 3 accounts at one bank. I have 3 corresponding accounts set up in MS Money 2007. One of them is setup for online banking while the other two are not. I now want to set the other two up for online banking but I can't find a way to specify the unique login info for each of the other two accounts. ...

Importing WLM Messages
I recently converted from Win 7 RC to Win 7 Pro, before I wiped my drive I exported all of my information. When I began the import process everything went smooth. Contacts, accounts, favs, cookies ect. all came over without a problem, however my messages will not import. I get an error that says: "No messages can be found in the folder or another application is running that has required files open....." I have nothing else open and when I manually go into the directory I can open the messages one at a time. However they are in no order and it very hard to fin...

time compare
i need an example of how to code a time comparison. i need to check to see if a value in a date/time column is greater than 10 minutes from the current time. i appreciate your help. thanks, mcnewsxp On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 09:25:43 -0400, "Michael Courter" <mcourter@mindspring.com> wrote: >i need an example of how to code a time comparison. >i need to check to see if a value in a date/time column is greater than 10 >minutes from the current time. >i appreciate your help. >thanks, >mcnewsxp > Difftime() -ralph Michael Courter wrot...

How do you add five seconds to a series of times?
I have a column for of dates and times, I need to create a function that will allow me to add 5 seconds to the time so I can fill down. time and dates are kept in fractions of a day therefore to add 5 seconds add 5/(24*60*60) to the previous cell "Redhead" wrote: > I have a column for of dates and times, I need to create a function that will > allow me to add 5 seconds to the time so I can fill down. ...

How to add 5 min to current time ()
Greeting, How to add 5 min to current time ()?? On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 21:23:00 -0800, ghost <ghost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Greeting, >How to add 5 min to current time ()?? DateAdd("n", 5, Now()) or for just a time value - actually a date/time value on December 30, 1899 - DateAdd("n", 5, Time()) -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Import/export custom attributes
I have something that is driving me nuts. I need to import a custom attribute for 600 plus users and then also modify these from time to time. Right now I just need to do the bulk import. I have the user names in a spreadsheet with this ID and it is unique to the user. I need to import that into the AD for everyone. I have looked everywhere and can't figure out how to do it. I am USELESS at scripting with VB, and I tried running some csvde queries but not much luck. can someone help?? thanks!! ...

Multiple Domain e-mail addresses
We are running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise addition and I am having a bit of a "brain-freeze" at the moment... Where in the Exchange Admin do I configure the server to accept e-mail from more than one domain. For example, we currently accept e-mail from mycurrentdomain.ca and would also like to accept email from mycurrentdomain.com. Please note that I have updated all of our DNS MX records as required, just need to make the changes on the Exchange server. Thanks in advance... Recipient polices-email address policy. "Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff...

Chart to show Portfolio Value over time?
I'm using Money 2003. I would like to be able to see the $ value I have in my portfolio over time. So that I can weep. Money does have a chart view that allows you to see the PRICE history for a given stock over time - but not the dollar value of your investment in the stock over time. In fact, I can't seem to find a view at all that shows you the net value of your portfolio/individual stocks changing over time. The best I've been able to do is to use the "Net Worth" report and unselect all the other accounts. This has insufficient granularity (months instea...

Processes Requiring Lengthy Amounts of Time
Hello: I have several clients with above average databases (sizes greater than 15 GB and up to about 40 GB). When they need to run checklinks, reconciles, and/or year end close processes, it takes forever. Depending on which process, it could take 15 to 30 each to process. That is really tough when you have a business that cannot afford that type of downtime. Now, both of the companies that I am thinking of have hardware that is well within recommended specs based on the MBS hardware recommendations. The memory does not spike to an extreme, nor does activity with the CPUs, but har...

Importing contacts to Outlook XP
I need to be able to export Contacts from one outolook profile to another one. But, when I do so instead of replacing the ones that are old, it creates another one. So my question is: What does Outlook considers when it replaces the contact list that you import with the one that is already there? Even when i select "Replace Duplicates with item imported" still creates a double contact with the new information. Any help really apreciated! ...

How do I fix this so I can view my attachments?
I can't view my attachment. I found the following topic in help but it doesn't give me way to fix this so I can view my attachments? I anivirus protection I don't need this feature from outlook. Please advise I see a paperclip next to a message, but when I open it, the attachment is gone. You may have received a message that contains a level 1 e- mail security attachment file type. To prevent the inadvertent spread of viruses, Microsoft Outlook checks the file type of each attachment in a received message against the file types on the e-mail security attachment file type...

Multiple accounts #3
I have 2 Hotmail and 1 MSN accounts set up in Outlook 2002. It shows that it sends and receives all 3 accounts successfully, but when I go to the Inbox of the Hotmail accounts, there aren't any messages. Thanks, Rick It says it send and received fine, but problems occur when you set up more than one HTTP account, so it is recommended that you only use one per profile ...

HOWTO create a Mail Merge Template in MSCRM with multiple child records
Hi, I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity. My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order details (product and prices) related to the order record? This sounds like a parent-child template. Any idea? On Jun 2, 1:26=A0pm, "Benjie Fallar III" <bfall...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in > Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity. > My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order > details (prod...

Outlook/Access 2003
I've been doing a lot of research and purchased (but haven't completely read) Sue Mosher's book. However, before I spend much more time I'd like to find out if my idea is even feasible. The basic idea is to create an appointment system for multiple therapists that can be used by a receptionist and other staff. Using Outlook and Exchange is very nice but the appointment data needs to end up in an Access table immediately. We can purchase SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003 or we can buy a third party tool for calendar sharing whichever would be the easiest to use. I currently...

How do I fix a workbook.
I have a workbook with 5 sheets and macros with forms. When I select any one of the worksheets by the tab with the mouse, the cursor goes to a page and the only way I can get Excel to stop is to cancel the task. How do I either fix this workbook or copy all the sheets to another workbook? TIA -- Bill What version of Excel, Bill? Have you tried File-->Open and choose the Repair option? ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5CBB482-1057-4B14-9277-B5FBAA9D866B@microsoft.com... >I have a workboo...

Multiple indexes on same fields in different order
I sometimes need to find the largest or smallest value in a field. If I put two indexes on the same field, one in ascending order and one in descending order, is Jet smart enough to use the proper index if a give it a grouping query with the condition Max or Min, or am I just wasting resources? Pete -- This e-mail address is fake, to keep spammers and their address harvesters out of my hair. If you want to get in touch personally, I am 'pdanes' and I use yahoo mail. But please use the newsgroup when possible, so that all may benefit from the exchange of ideas. ...

Importing data from other files
I�m new to Excel so I don�t know if this is really easy to do. I need to collect data from maybe 1000 different statistic excel files. They are all similar in structure and looks, but ofcourse they contain different numbers. Now I need to collect the data from a certain row and column from the group of files and make some calculation to present statistic data in a new Excel document. This brings to questions up to light: 1. How do I do to get the data into the new sheet if it's for example position G25 in every single source file? 2. Is it possible to "flag" a different posit...

Extracting Time from a cell that has both the date and the time
Hi Folks, I could do with some help here please. I am trying to extract the time only from a cell that has both the date and the time. Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks in advance. :confused: -- Hani Muhtadi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hani Muhtadi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26794 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=466177 If you just wish the time to display, set the cell format to Time. If you wish to use the time portion then =A1-Int(A1) will give you...

Inconsistant meeting times

Separate transactions being merged when importing QIF file
I downloaded a QIF file from my bank dating back to 01/01/2004. When I imported this file into Money 2005 the balance was way off compared to the bank's website. In comparing each tranaction I noticed some were missing in Money. Each group of missing transactions were all on the same day and for the same amount. Also, for each group one transaction would be in Money and the others missing (ex. There are 5 transactions according to the bank but only 1 shows in Money). I opened the QIF file in Notepad and can see the multiple transactions that were missing in Money. Based on this info...

Out of Office Assistant replies multiple times
The situation: The user of a fully patched Outlook 2003 SP1 sets an Out of Office reply using the Out Of Office Assistant.. The result: The first time someone sends a message while the OOA reply is turned on, they get the full text of the OOA reply as it is configured. The second and subsequent emails from that same sender gets a truncated version of the OOA message. In my testing, my second message (which isn't supposed to be replied to), got me 2 truncated replies. Examples from my testing: 1st reply: "I am out of the office and will return on Monday, February 28, 2005. At th...

Length of time
I am trying to keep track of time spent on a job. I put in the start time and the stop time. Individual day tallies are fine, but when I try to get a total I have 00:50 right now. How can I go from clock time to length of time? Thanks -- Mike D. www.stopassaultnow.org Remove .spamnot to respond by email --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.512 / Virus Database: 309 - Release Date: 8/19/2003 Hi Format the cell as Custom "[h]:mm" Arvi Laanemets "Mike Dobony" <tkdchap@hotmailspam...

Can i move multiple lines between workbooks
I have a .csv format file listing speed cameras, and the different speeds are identified by two characters at the end of each line - 30, 40, 50 etc. I would like to create separate files for each speed, but Excel won't allow me to cut/copy several lines to created a new file/workbook. Is there any way round this? Martin Ellis Sun, 16 Sep 2007 03:28:00 -0700 from Martin Ellis <MartinEllis@discussions.microsoft.com>: > I have a .csv format file listing speed cameras, and the different speeds are > identified by two characters at the end of each line - 30, 40, 50 etc...

Microsoft
Microsoft - ARE YOU LISTENING? 1/2. PLEASE DO THIS!!!!! You need to display a flag when the "Process thru EDC" box is not checked. Inform the cashier that the transaction is not being processed; do they want to continue? Look on the newsgroups to see how many retailers have lost credit card revenue because this box was not checked and not discovered until much later. Since all the card numbers are masked (as they should be) there is not a chance that we can recoup these losses. Yes, this did happen to me; and yes, I lost a lot of money. 1. Please make all input fields co...