Fixed Asset - Auto Assign next asset id number

Hi, anyone out there figure out a way to add the Fixed Asset ID using a next
number instead of the user having to go through the FA listing and look at
the last number to setup the next number?

Thanks,
0
cal (61)

It's really a matter of writing a customization or purchasing a tool like
EthoTech's Next Numeric Collection.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"cal" wrote:

> Hi, anyone out there figure out a way to add the Fixed Asset ID using a next
> number instead of the user having to go through the FA listing and look at
> the last number to setup the next number?
>
> Thanks,
0
callen (2505)
5/27/2009 4:46:04 PM
Hi Charles,

Thanks, that's what I thought.  I will check out the tool you mentioned also.

Have a good day!

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> It's really a matter of writing a customization or purchasing a tool like
> EthoTech's Next Numeric Collection.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "cal" wrote:
>
> > Hi, anyone out there figure out a way to add the Fixed Asset ID using a next
> > number instead of the user having to go through the FA listing and look at
> > the last number to setup the next number?
> >
> > Thanks,
0
cal (61)

Message numbers?
In Exchange 2003 is there a way to track simply how many email messages have been sent and recieved on a month by month status? All that is really needed is the numbers but not where the went or who sent. Of course if there are more granular ways to do this, please include. Thanks! No easy way although you could turn on journaling and do it manually, write a transport event sink to start and increment a count based on date. Nue "Transam388" <Transam388@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDDA6E49-D467-4C41-B696-FD4E0F2BCAA6@microsoft.com... > In Exchan...

Auto change formula in cells when source is changed
Good day experts; If specific cells have the same formula for example: C1 = Product( A1;B1) C16 = Product(A16;B16) C17= Product(A17;B17) And so on ... What formula should i write in C16, C17, ... so that: when the formula in the source cell, C1, is changed the formulas in C16, C17, ... would automatically change accordingly. I tried "=C1" it does not work Thanks in advance Carlo carlo wrote: > Good day experts; > > If specific cells have the same formula for example: > C1 = Product( A1;B1) > C16 = Product(A16;B16) > C17= Product(A17;B17) > And so on ... ...

Convert time stored as decimalised number to time format
Hello How can I convert 3.5 hours to 3:30:00? -- Emma Emma A1/24 and formate as time Mike Rogers "Emma" wrote: > Hello > How can I convert 3.5 hours to 3:30:00? > -- > Emma ...

Why didn't .net 2003 fix known bug
Close to a year ago I asked about a problem I was having where a CDateTime control using the Time format would change to the Date format by itself. I was told this was a known bug. That was with .net 2002. I just upgraded to .net 2003, that bug being one of the reasons, and found it still exists. This is very frustrating. Is there anything that can be done when such a problem persists? I'm using the standard version so I do not have the ability to report bugs, unless I want to pay first of course. And having to pay to report a known problem just rubs me the wrong way. On...

how i can make the numbers
hi i am fatih fistly sorry my english is not good my trouble is haw can i will write the number of the contribution for example 1.000.000.000 =yaziyla(b42) (one milyar) and tahan my office version is turkish version thank you so your company will interesting my problem Fatih, If I understand you correctly, you want a formula to translate numbers to words (in Turkish). Laurent Longre has a language version of an function which offers this capability. It is at http://longre.free.fr/english/ I don't know if it supports Turkish, but if not, send me the Turkish words for all...

id like to know where i can find a template for repay of a loan

Auto-create activity from Mobile
Hi all, We have CRM 4.0 Roll Up 7. We are looking for a solution that offers advanced mobile integration to CRM. We would like the mobile client to auto-generate an Activity in CRM whenever a phone call is made to a CRM contact. Has anyone done this? //Johan Johan; There are a few vendors that offer good mobile solutions. I know for certain that MobileAccess from Ten Digits (http://www.tendigits.com/) has that specific feature. Dave Ireland "Jobro" <Jobro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F1B3A1D-E23E-4E49-933F-B221C0DD1ECE@microsoft.com... >...

AUTO SUM
I USED AUTO SUM TO TOTAL SUBSECTIONS OF A COLUMN. THE FIRST 2 SHOWED THE TOTAL CORRECTLY: THE LAST 2 SHOW "#####" IN THE CELL. IF YOU PRINT THE WORKSHEET, THE CORRECT TOTAL PRINTS IN THOSE "#####" CELLS. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? BJ wrote: > I USED AUTO SUM TO TOTAL SUBSECTIONS OF A COLUMN. THE FIRST 2 SHOWED THE > TOTAL CORRECTLY: THE LAST 2 SHOW "#####" IN THE CELL. IF YOU PRINT THE > WORKSHEET, THE CORRECT TOTAL PRINTS IN THOSE "#####" CELLS. WHAT AM I DOING > WRONG? You just need to resize that column. Type resize column into...

Outlook Group incoming email assignment via rotation
I need to define a group such that: - Emails coming into the group email address (I don't know if this should be a distribution list or something else) can be forwarded to a single member of the group. - Assignment of the email to a group member will be via round-robin rotation through the group. - Round-robin mechanism must be able to recognize when a group member is marked as out of office and assign the incoming email to the next group member. I have no idea if this is possible, though I'm assuming that it would need to be servers-side (Exchange) rath...

adding a zero in front of number
how do you add a zero in front of other numbers, I am using item numbers and most start with zero, just shows whole numbers when I enter. example 095421 when I enter shows 95421. help. Hi When the number must remain numeric data, then format the cell as Custom "00000" (the number of 0's determines to which length is the entry padded). When you want the number to be converted to string, then use the formula (in my example the original number resides in cell A1) =TEXT(A1,"00000") (again, the number of 0's in format string determines the length of padding) Arvi ...

Next Version
Is there any idea when the next version of CRM will come out. It would appear there are a lot of deficiencies in this current version. Kim Should be released by middle of next year. Guy. "Microsoft" <cannon@qldstate.com.au> wrote in message news:uhO6YZa5EHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is there any idea when the next version of CRM will come out. It would > appear there are a lot of deficiencies in this current version. > > Kim > I heard that MSCRM 2005 will be launch around May or June 2005 in Asia Pasific. In this version there will be a marketing...

Item number/location code does not exist in inventory error
I'm using eConnect to do an SOP transaction and it has been working for months but with a new customer and a new site I'm getting an error. The error is: "Item number/location code does not exist in inventory". The same transactions are still working with other customers on other sites so it seems like it must be a set up issue in GP. The customer and site look like they're configured the same as the ones that work so I'm stumped. Does anyone know what the issue might be? Thanks, Matt Have you confirmed that the item number has been assigned to the new sit...

event ID: 4153
Hi all, I have this random problem between 2 of my exchange servers, connected through dedicated T1, every once in awhile, i get the message: "exchange1.domain.com attempted to submit without using authentication.The submission was not allowed." Event ID: 4153, Source: MSExchangeIMC, Category: SMTP Interface Events. I couldn't find anything anywhere about this issue. DNS is working fine, and, again, it's random, not happening all the time. PLEASE HELP! ...

Conditional Format
Hi, I want to assign a number to a certain conditional format. When the condition is true it should put a 1 in the cell and when the condition is false a zero or nothing should be assigned. Anyone? I seem to make the wrong code all the time. Thanks, Johanna Use the same test that the CF uses, and return 1 for TRUE and "" for FALSE. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Jootje" <Jootje@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB0B3201-2DD9-466A-94FF-108691C77FAF@microsoft.com... > Hi, > >...

"Delete" should not be next to "rename" on right-click of mouse
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ab895d2e-cf8e-4b39-afce-b222c9a9c96c&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc Gee, can't imagine what prompted that... I agree to some extent, but I'm ...

Excel Chart Plot Area Auto Size
In Excel 2003 I'm creating a very simple area chart with a legend placed to the right of the plot area. If I move the legend to say bottom of the plot area (right mouse click and "Format Legend/Placement/Bottom") the plot area itself automatically resizes to maximise the visibility. This is good news for me. The problem occurs when the plot area has been manually resized (using the mouse). When the legend is now moved it only resizes the plot area if it overlaps with the legend. This is bad news for me because it doesn't maximise the possible size for the plot area. ...

ONDIRTY MOVE TO NEXT FIELD
Hi, I have a combo box, when I hit Y (yes) I would like to save a keystroke and have the cursor move to the next field. How would I do that? I tried ONDIRTY but it gave me an error and couldn't move. Thanks in advance, Bonnie Try the AfterUpdate event of the combo box. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Bonnie" <Bonnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0068FF95-2485-4FA7-B59A-4BA9A1E1CF86@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a combo box, when I hit Y (yes) I would like to save a keystroke > and > have the cursor move to the...

How to auto forward the incoming msg's
PLz reply Plz give details of what you're looking for. You've posted this request to a newsgroup that deals with Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. Somehow I doubt that your question is intended to be related to Access: it sounds to me like it's for Outlook, Outlook Express, or some other mail client. Assuming I'm correct, you'd be best off reposting to a more appropriate newsgroup. And, as I already said, give details of what you're looking for (and what product you're using, on what operating system) -- Doug Steele, Mic...

Custom Formatting numbers question
I have a spreadsheet with lot of millions numbers floating around. When I make graphs out of it, there's too much zeros. I don't want to divide all the numbers per 1 million. Is there a way to custom format those numbers with a mask that would take care of that problem for me ? i.e. 7 456 890.98$ would be represented with 7,457 M$ tia Double-click the numbers on your chart. Hit the Scale tab. From the Display units drop-down, choose Millions. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Junkyard Engineer" <jevandenbroucke@hotmail.com> wrote in messag...

Exponential number format

Control the number of records shown in a report/subreport.
I've posted this question before and when I follow the advice, I keep getting a circular reference error. So I'm hoping that if I post some more info, I may get insight as to what is going wrong. I have a report (BartS1report) it uses a query (BartS1Report). This report as a subreport (BartS1Sub2) that uses the query (BartS1). The report lists the customer name, address, and systems serviced. The subreport lists the systems serviced. The reports are connected through the Master/Child links Customer ID and the ServiceAddress. When there are more than 20 systems per ...

Money 2004, Citibank, Auto Update Stopped Working
Hi I use Money 2004 Dlx to download transactions from my Citibank Credit card accounts. It was working perfectly fine till last month. Now, Money is not able to download the transactions from one account. Interestingly, it has no problem downloading the transactions from other account. BTW, both accounts have different user ID's. I tried to solve this issue thru "modify services". It does connect to my account as it detects the right CC number, but nothing happens after that. I would really appreciate your suggesions to solve this issue. Thanks In microsoft.public.m...

Possible to convert a + number to a
Is it possible to take a specific column and specific row, in an access database (Access 2003), and convert that positive number into a negative number? Please let me know if you have any information. Also, if you need more information to answer this question, please don't hesitate to ask. -- MC Yes, find the row based on its primary key and then multiply the number by -1 CurrentProject.Connection.Execute "UPDATE myTable SET myField = myField * -1 WHERE myKey = " & lngKey -Dorian "MMC" wrote: > Is it possible to take a specific column and specific r...

Analytical Accounting Dimension ID for Bank Transaction
Hi. can any one help me out in finding TABLES of AA from which i can link dimensions assigned in the Bank Transaction. I need create a crystal report for it. Thanks in advance!! ...

adding number in next cell
Every month I have to change the sales amount in my worksheet. I would like this amount to be added automatically to the total for the year sales amount in the next cell. Is this possible? Of course it's possible! If you would like a suggested formula: =SUM($A$1:A1) Now, if this doesn't work for you, how would I know that, with all the information that you gave us? -- Regards, RD ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit ! -----------------------------...