Fiscal Periods Setup Window

Can someone tell me how to make the Fiscal Periods Setup window default to
our current fiscal year when you open it.  Our fiscal year ended on 8/29/2007
and when we open the window it is showing Fiscal Year 2007 not 2008.  We have
to change it each time.

Thanks,
0
Jav (134)

Windows Mail Error
Sorry if this has been asked before. When I try to open a previously read or unread email, all of a sudden I get the following message: "There was an error opening this message. An error has occurred." Any help, please. Usually, that means that the message has been deleted or corrupted. Sometimes I've found messages like that in the Recovered Items folder. My experience... This same behavior occurred frequently when I closed/copied/moved messages within Quick View. Upon counsel of wiser more experienced folks, I rid myself of Quick Views and now I open (...

Report Setup
Hi! I'm trying to create an Access report that looks much like a mail merge. I've got a letter that needs to go to school districts (one letter per district) that lists the schools in the district. The report will also contain mailing data - district name, administrator name, and address - while later in the letter it will list the county the district is in, the school district and the respective schools. I'm having trouble getting the sorting right so that I only get one letter per district regardless of the number of schools in the district. Any thoughts? Thanks, Betsy On ...

Windows Mail
When I signed into Windows Mail, from my stamps.com program, Windows Mail automatically downloaded my entire in box from my "prodigy.com" mail box. Is there a way to transfer my messages back to the prodigy in box? Thanks, Dino No, not unless Prodigy offers the IMAP protocol as well as the POP3 protocol. The only other thing you can do is resend them back to yourself, one at a time. By default Windows Mail will delete messages from the server after a successful download. To change that behavior, go to Tools, Accounts, select your mail account, Properties, Advanced...

Sort Order on Order Fulfillment Window
In the sales order fulfillment window you can sort the lines items by Order Entered or Site/Bin/Item. Does the Site/Bin/Item only sort by Bin if Multi-bin is used? I am not using multi-bin but have created bin for each item in each site on the Quantities/Sites window. thanks. ...

Windows 7 plug and play printer install
I just finished updating a printer driver for Windows 7. It installs fine if I "add printer" manually, but when I try the Plug And Play, Windows 7 pops up a balloon that says "new hardware found", and tells me it is looking for the driver for the device, and then it says it can't find the driver. The hardware wizard never prompts me for the location of the driver files. As far as I can tell, it only looks at the Windows update site for the driver. How do I get Windows 7 to prompt me to specify where the driver INF and files are located? Where are th...

How do I setup a book cover using Publisher
I am publishing a book of poetry in Publisher 2003. There are 68 pages including front and back cover (using 8-1/2" x 11" paper). I would like to print the title and author on the spine. However, I am having trouble because of the ruler. I have discovered the "binding margin" option but the ruler still does not allow the wording to print exactly on the spine. Any suggestions? Have you turned on "snap." Have you selected center in the format text box dialog? Look at this article, it has help near the bottom. Structure your publication design using lay...

Identifying window to send message to
Assuming an MDI application in which many identical child windows are open in the client area, if the user clicks the close button on one of them, how does Windows send the WM_CLOSE event only to that window? Is it using the window handle? Basically trying to know how Windows distinguishes between messages to be sent to different windows the application owns. TIA, Jenson The short answer to your question is yes, windows uses the windows hWnd to send a message to a particular window. In the case of the close button, it is owned by the a window, and once it is clicked it will send a WM_CL...

how to organize several class and their instance in windows programming
Hi, everyone, I'm designing a project which could do some image processing, motion control and networking using MFC. nowadays I'm puzzled how to organize so many class and their instances. Though I think the "design pattern" could solve my problem, but what I only want is to get a simple method or a belief understand. suppose these class are like this: CImageProc (class deal with image processing) CMotionControl (class deal with motion control) CNetwork (class deal with networking) CXXXClass (class doing other work) This is the way I use, in the CMainFrame( I'm...

How to edit Boot.ini on XP-Pro, if unable to load windows
Hello, Had to do a clean install from a USB drive, because the CD drive died on me. and now I need to edit the "Boot.ini" file. I just need to delete one line off of it. Can someone please point me to where I can find instructions on how I can accomplish this? I've been reading and found that they are not directly editable when on a NTFS volume. but also read that it is possible. but haven't been able to find good directions on how to do it. Thank you ***In2Ndo*** wrote: > Hello, > > Had to do a clean install from a USB drive, because the C...

Sales order processing item inquiry windows
Hi, Since I have updated to version 10 (from version 9.0) the document are not showing in any specific order. In version 9 they were sorted by document date. For example if you choose "By item number" then include only invoice and then choose history. You will see that the document are not sorted at all. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks Andre, Everything scrolling window has a sort order - just maybe not what you expect. But you can always see it by turning on your dexsql.log and seeing the query generated. In this case with your same options marked, i get: SELECT TOP...

In Excel 2007, the open file window does not display the folders p
When I'm in excel 2007 and I want to open a new file, the folders pane is gone. I used to have it and I even added folders that I used most frequently but now it's gone. I know the IT deparment did an upgrade but others still have it and I'm the only one that got affected. Please help, now I have to navigate to get the the files that I need. ...

More than 100 records in Look Up Records dialog window
Does anybody know, how to get more than 100 records in Look Up Records dialog window? For example in Opportunities - I want to add an existing contact to the opportunity, but I can see only 100 records. I dont want to specify any character, I need to choose from all contacts. (It is not the same problem as paging, PagingLimit in SQL can not help) -- thanks Ivana ...

API call in Windows that can retrieve the size of a folder ??
API call in Windows that can retrieve the size of a folder ?? Folks, Does anyone know of a system call (where you give the name of a directory) and it retrieves the combined size of all the files in the folder (doesn't have to be recursive), or a similiar call for a file????? Any suggestions would be appreciated Regards You might probably be able to use the ZwQueryInformationFile() API. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Peter McCarthy" <petergmccarthy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Rx7qb.4388$bD.16747@news.indigo.ie... &...

Can XIRR start with a "0" in the first period
I am having issues calculating XIRR. When my first cash flow is 0, I get an error message, even though a regular IRR calc allows a 0 in the first period. Is this just the way XIRR works or is there a way I can get around it? Thanks for you help. carlsondaniel@gmail.com wrote: > I am having issues calculating XIRR. When my first cash flow is 0, I > get an error message, even though a regular IRR calc allows a 0 in the > first period. Is this just the way XIRR works or is there a way I can > get around it? This appears to be a defect in the XIRR algorithm. As you noted, IRR wo...

Windows Mail problem
I'm trying to set up my Windows Mail. I only get this error message: "Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server, due to non-network errors. This could, for example, indicate a lack of memory on your system." I set up IMAP as imap.gmail.com and outgoing as smtp.gmail.com Our server is Clearwire. I have TONS of memory on my computer. What am I doing wrong? Thanks! Cynthia On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 13:34:01 -0800, Cynthia07 <Cynthia07@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to set up my Windows Mail. Windows Mail will *not* run under...

internet explorer 8, window visa
i put 8 on my computer,lot site would not repond,could not close them out.....dont like 8. i wont install again, on my computer. dont like w visa........................going to buy window 7...............................hope it work better ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "...

Windows Installer Cleanup Utility will not update
I am running Windows XP SP3. Each time I try to update the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility by running �msicuu2.exe�, which was downloaded from Microsoft, I get the message, �The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package �msicuu.msi� in the box below.� If I locate the �msicuu.msi� file a message indicates that,� �msicuu.msi� is not a valid installation package for the product Windows Installer Cleanup. Try to find the installation package �msicuu.msi� in...

Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file...
My buddy sent me a little file, 1.25mb, and I cannot open it. He can but I cannot. I get "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the approiate permissions to access the item". XP Pro. Retail version. Have disk. This is my home computer. No administrator rights needed. No password needed. I'm the only one in the house. Computer in my name. No other users. What's up. Joe T. wrote: > My buddy sent me a little file, 1.25mb, and I cannot open it. He > can but I cannot. I get "Windows cannot access the specified > de...

Mangled Exchange 2000 Attributes in Windows 2000 Forests
Were upgrading from 2000 AD and Exchange to 2003 AD and Exchange we are doing the Exchange server first. According to KB Article ID: 314649 To prevent Mangled Attributes in Windows 2000 Forests that contain an Exchange 2000 Servers we need to run the; ldifde -i -f inetorgpersonprevent.ldf -v -c DC=Domain,DC=com Script. When I tried to do this, I received an error that the From To DN is incorrect. Not knowing what this meant searched the console. The script wants to rename the ms-Exch-Assistant-Name, ms-Exch-LabeledURI, and the ms-Exch-House-Identifier CN attributes to msExch...

Payroll should allow setup by assigning departments to segments
When setting up payroll posting accounts for gross wages we should have the ability to assign for e.g. departments to specific segments within the Chart of Accounts, instead of entering all combinations. Is this possible? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane...

The window menu
Can't ms follow their own gui conventions? When I hit alt-w + 1 I want to see the first opened spreadsheet, alt-w + 2 the 2nd, etc.... alt-w+1 opening the 2nd one. How the heck do I do this? I use excel 2000, though they all have this problem. Where does that work? You can tab through the spreadsheets with Ctrl-PageUp and Ctrl-PageDown -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Justin-SEO" <justgold79@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1179987212.892387.67650@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Can't ms follow...

Saving and Restoring a Child Window to its Former Position and Size
I want to save a child window's position and size in the Main Window of an MDI application, and restore it at any time later. I want to do this after the user may have reposition and resized it. The parent of this child window is the Main Window. Below is the code I am using to save the position and size: pView->GetWindowRect( &m_WndRect ); AfxGetMainWnd()->ScreenToClient( &m_WndRect ); where pView is a pointer to the child window and m_WndRect is used for the storage. Below is the code I am using in an attempt to restore the position and size stored in m_WndRect: CFr...

why i cannot open the windows live messenger?
i always cannot open the windows live messenger. once i open it, it always says that a problem casued the program stop working correctly. windows will close the program and notify u a solution when it is available. I have reloaded the program for many times, it always say so. I have attached the picture of the when messenger is closed. some maters can help me? thanks so much! -- wumingbang -- Chawalit I. IT Consultant Phuket Butler Co., LTD “We Serve You Everything” Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/chawalit Phuket Property: http://www.phuketbutler.com ...

VC++ .NET 2002: How To Use the Class View's Properties window to add a message handler for the WN_KEYDOWN message
Hi all I used "The EX05c Example: Scrolling" of the book "Programming With Microsoft Visual C++ .NET Core Reference" (6th Edition) as my 3rd example of MFC exercises to catch up my VC++ .NET 2002 (VC++ 7.0) programming. I started my 'Eg05c' project in the MFC Application Wizard and followed the 1 thru 7 steps instructed in the book (pages 82-85) I believed I did the steps 1, 2 and 3 correctly: 1 - In MFC Application Wizard -Eg05c, I setthe CEg05cView to "CScrollView" 2 - I added the m_rectEllipse and m_nColor data members in Eg05cView.h by typing in "...

KB960082 Fails on Windows 2003 SBS
Hi I have a windows 2003 sbs server which keeps prompting to install KB960082 each time it fails. I have downloaded the patch manually tried inbstalling it using the switches it fails. I dont have a wsus database I have checked the versions of sql installed (i have the details in a file) Are you updating via WSUS? Mikecl wrote: > I have a windows 2003 sbs server which keeps prompting to install KB960082 > each time it fails. I have downloaded the patch manually tried inbstalling > it using the switches it fails. I dont have a wsus database I have checked > the versi...