Finding the link from a commited PO item back to the SO

We are generating POs from SOP to handle some special order situations (so
we force a backorder and generate the PO). And then things get really
complicated with various thrid party add-ins and e-Connect.

What it boils down to is that we need a way to identify the Sales Order that
is linked to the item on the PO (from SQL Server, not from within GP). I know
the information is actually at the item detail level or below, but we have no
idea what tables to examine to discover the links that will lead us back to
the original Sales Order number.

Do any experts out there have a clue/hint/suggestion to spare?

Thanks

0
dleroux (57)

Table SOP60100 is where this information is stored.  Hope that helps.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"dleroux" <dleroux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> We are generating POs from SOP to handle some special order situations (so
> we force a backorder and generate the PO). And then things get really
> complicated with various thrid party add-ins and e-Connect.
>
> What it boils down to is that we need a way to identify the Sales Order
> that
> is linked to the item on the PO (from SQL Server, not from within GP). I
> know
> the information is actually at the item detail level or below, but we have
> no
> idea what tables to examine to discover the links that will lead us back
> the original Sales Order number.
>
> Do any experts out there have a clue/hint/suggestion to spare?
>
> Thanks

0
victoria (3340)
2/23/2007 11:48:58 AM
Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Table SOP60100 is where this information is stored.  Hope that helps.

Thank you Victoria.  It does indeed provide the information we need.

0
dleroux (57)

Linked cells in Multiple Workbooks
I am tracking dates and have linked cells from another workbook so as t not have to duplicate the data entry of dates. The dates are linked t projects that are listed in rows and there is information in m workbook that is additional information within the row. So if someon changes the order of the other workbook, the information that is in m workbook does not get sorted with the order. Is there a way to link m cells to the linked cells? ie. Project ID Start Date Milestone EndDate Person Assigned 1234 (linked) 11/15/04 11/20/04(lin...

links and activex in PPS
Hi Alls, I created a PP presentation (2007) with 3 chapters, a menu slide to jump to chapters 1st slides, each chapter start with a menu slide to jump to its slides, and each slide has navigation buttons for next/back and chapter home. One chapter contains videos clips display on WMP activeX controls. another displays PDF texts in popup Acrobat Reader windows. In PP environment all work fine. When saving to PPS or "Package for CD", i get warnings about links and activeX. running the PPS, the WMP and hyperlinks to slides disappear. links dont even change cursor to...

Linking Worksheets
I have a workbook which contains 12 worksheets one for each month of the year. Within these worksheets are entries for office expenses (supplies, registrations, food service, etc.). I would like for all entries for a particular vendor to appear in a worksheet (within the same workbook) for only this vendor. What formula can I use so that each time an entry is made for this vendor on the monthly worksheets it also automatically appears in the vendor's worksheet? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet mes...

Find both matched and unmatched entries
Hi, I have two tables that I wish to find: 1) find matched data - copy that into a separate table 2) find unmatched data - copy that data into a separate table Can I achieve the above results with one query? I have three fields in each table that I would like to compare against: Client Data Status Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated... Cheers, GLT Hi Yes you can use an append query to do this quite simple BUT you would end up with the same data in 2 tables which be a mistake. Maybe you could post some more details of what you are trying to do (the end result) a...

Linking Range
If I have a source sheet1 and this same range is linked to sheet 2, why if I insert a line on my source data no line is inserted on the link data. How can link two ranges so that if I insert a row on the one a row will also be inserted on the orter with links to the inserted rows? I'm getting dizzy with that. Don't know why you would think linking sheets together should handle inserting rows automatically. Group your sheets. Then when you insert a row on the one you see the other sheets in the group will receive the same treatment as if you had done the same keyboard instruct...

Count of Unique Items?
Hi, I have a worksheet (Sheet1) where column A consists of dates (in date order). I need to look at this column from another sheet (Sheet2) in the same workbook and return the number of unique dates in this column. For example, on Sheet1 cell A1 has the heading Date, A2 is 10/01/04, A3 is 10/01/04, A4 is 10/01/04 and A5 is 10/05/04. From cell A1 on Sheet2 I need to look at the range A2:A5 on Sheet1 and return the number 2 (the number of unique dates in the range). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Monte Sliger Try the following... =SUM(IF(Sheet1!A2:A5<>"",1/COUN...

SQL to update Item.LastCounted based on PhysicalInventory.CloseTime
Because of a bug/deficiency/oversight in a third party inventory counting application , I did a bunch of physical inventories that did not update the Item.LastCounted field. I need this field updated so I can see the correct date each item was counted last. I am willing to do a seperate SQL statement for each physical inventory sheet for which I have the problem. For example, I want to take each item in the PhysicalInventoryEntry table with PhysicalInventory.Code = '0000057' (or whatever the code is) and set Item.LastCounted = PhysicalInventory.CloseTime. I am not great at SQ...

how to find all matches in an array
I have a task list that in one column lists the person primarily responsible for it and in the 2nd column is the back up person. The 3rd column is the task. On another sheet I want to put in someones name and bring up all tasks they are responsible for and all the tasks they are backup for. What is an easy way to do this. Easiest way IMHO would be to use advanced filter http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA4CB596-6451-4569-81AF-24EC18C50180...

Find the number of years between two dates
I have aroster of players with thier date of births. I would like to automatically add their ages in another column Try this Formula, assuming that the dob is in cell A1 =DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"ym") & " months, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"md") & " days" regards Mukesh "duke" wrote: > I have aroster of players with thier date of births. I would like to > automatically add their ages in another column On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 19:47:02 -0700, "duke" <duke@disc...

pass parameters back from C/C++ to JScript
Hi, all I import Microsoft Webbrowser Control to my VC6 MFC project and customize the web browser with my own doc handler. The following is the implemenation: ICustomDoc * pCustdoc; m_WebBrowser.GetDocument()->QueryInterface(&pCustdoc); // m_WebBrowser is an instance of Microsoft Webbrowser Control if (pCustdoc) { pCustdoc->SetUIHandler(m_pDocHandler); // m_pDocHandler is my doc handler for the web browser. pCustdoc->Release(); } Then I can call C/C++ functions from web page JScript, such as: external.MyFunc("abcdef"). In this way, I can pass parameters fr...

Exmerge lost my calendar items
When I export from Recovery Storage Group, all of my calendar items are gone. If I merge or copy back to original store, they are there. Anyone have any ideas as to why they disappear during an export to .pst? Thanks for your help, Jeff. ...

Inactive Items 12-17-09
I ran the Inventory Wizard 2 days ago and used the 210 worksheet to make some 4,000 items inactive. I selected "Enter items manually" and imported them from a .csv file. The file had 4 columns: The item number, description, department and the 4th column had the work "Inactive." The process worked properly in HQ but did not propogate to the stores. I am running version 2, sp2. Did you create a worksheet to send this to the stores? Afshin Alikhani - afshin@rrdisti.com Retail Realm Distribution = = = = = = = = "Rick@ASP" <RickASP@discussion...

Imported text file w/o unique identifiers, find duplicates
Imported a txt file w/o unique identifiers and have run a query to find possible duplicate records based on 3 seperate fields. How can I either update those fields that may be in error in the original table or append a new record w/o the duplicate data and delete the original record? In the following I need to determine which records to keep, which to delete and/or which to update. End Date Total Sheets Time Operator Name 3/3/2007 14 0:00 00094123 B D MCNARA 3/3/2007 14 0:00 00095681 NAME UNKNOWN 3/17/2007 84 0:01 00091234 C D S 3/17/2007 84 0:01 000...

How do I link many cells to one particular cell? #2
I am trying to link multiple cells to one particular cell and can't seem to do it. I want the multiple cells not just to have the same information but be connected to the same cell. I want multiple cells to take the information from ex. cell D4. So everytime i change cell D4 every cell that is linked to it changes. Do I have to input =D4 into every single cell that I want to link or is there an easy way to mass link? enter =$D$4 in one cell and copy it to the rest. The $ keeps the address from changing relatively. Are the cells on the same worksheet? If yes, you could select...

List of items with commissions
Is there a report that will list items that have a commission set on them? I want to be able to email our sales reps a list, but haven't found a good way to do it. The report I'd like, but don't know how to create would have department, category, item, price, and commission amount. Thanks for any help, -CP Hi there, Retail Analytics from Professional Advantage will enable you to create that report. Basically anything that is captured in RMS can be reported on in Retail Analytics. If you would like to take a look at the product, a quick movie is available at http://www.p...

Junk E-mail folder
Is it possible to configure the Junk E-mail folder to automatically and permanently delete items older than 30 days? Thanks. You can use the AutoArchiving to do that. Right click on the folder, choose Properties and go to the AutoArchive tab "Jaycee" <jaycee131973@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%232IGo%238NGHA.2300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to configure the Junk E-mail folder to automatically and > permanently delete items older than 30 days? ...

Linking Word And Excel
I am trying to link several fields in Excel to a Word Doc. I'm linking the fields using Ctrl-Paste as Hyperlink. The linking works fine. However, when I try to save the files in different folders or move the files, all the links are lost. This makes it very hard to replicate the linking for my 6 analysts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Brady -- **************************************************************************** Brady T. Finney Atlantic Management Company, Inc. Orchard Park - Suite A12 875 Greenland Road Portsmouth, NH 03801 603-436-8009 (Office) 617-413-4554 (Mobil...

Need to find the table
I do get some odd requests for great plains. My latest requires me to track down a table. The one i need is for one of the forms that shows in the smart list. I need the one under account transactions and is called Output VAT Nominal. I need to know what table/s supply this form. Even better would be if it was possible to access the hard coding of this form. I looked for it and found nothing. We run great plains version 8 should it help. well, thankyou all kindly in advance. Tools>Resource Descriptions is always a good place to start. "Saltious" wrote: > I do get som...

Help: MAPI can't find PSTPRX.DLL
Hi there Can anyone suggest how I can make outlook 2002 work properly. Everytime I press send/receive it says MAPI can not locate PSTPRX.DLL. I have done search and it is not on my computer. Please can anyone assist? just trying out 1st time >-----Original Message----- >Hi there > >Can anyone suggest how I can make outlook 2002 work >properly. Everytime I press send/receive it says MAPI can >not locate PSTPRX.DLL. I have done search and it is not >on my computer. Please can anyone assist? >. > See if this info helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.asp...

Inventory Reconcile ... Include Item History
Can anyone tell me ... if you do NOT mark 'Include Item History' in the Reconcile Inventory Quantities window (Inventory Reconcile), exactly what does the utility NOT do? Window help is useless ... it says "Mark to have item history records reconciled, also." Our VAR was not clear in their answer. They said to do it only if you change a unit of measure or change quantity decimals. Based on the verbaige you would think not marking it means it would not re-calculate summary on-hand quantities. 'History' in the inventory module means anything posted, r...

Cannot find DLL when starting debugging
Sorry for asking this here, but vstudio.general seems to be rather sleepy... Anyway: I have an MFC app which utilizes a 3rd party DLL which is located in its own place on the harddrive. I've tried to put the path to the directory where the DLL can be found in the list under 'Tools', 'Options', 'VC++ Directories', 'Executable Files', but it still can't seem to find the DLL when I try to debug my app. I know I could just copy the DLL to my Debug directory, but ahh that's really clumsy. Isn't there an other way ? :-| Bendik "Bendik E...

Print Item Number Ole object on Sales Order Processing reports
Would like the ability to print an Item Number Ole object on my SOP reports. For example, go to Transactions, Sales, Sales Transaction Entry. In the Sales Transaction Entry window, enter an Order for an Item. Click the Item Number Note button. Once you are in the Note window, click the paperclip button to add an Ole Object. In the OLE Container window, click Edit, and then click Insert New Object. In the next widow click Create from File. This is where you will attach an existing object (such as an image or text file). Close the window and save your changes. Click Attach to atta...

Deleting corrupted items from In Box
Is there any way to delete a corrupted message from the In Box -(message cannot be opened, deleted or moved - trying perform any of these operations causes Outlook to hang)- other than running AutoArchive? ...

Need access advise regarind linked versus imported tables
I have designed an application that uses a linked csv file as the main table. The reason for this is because another user creates this file and jsut puts it into a designated folder on their computer. Here is the issue. The csv file contains approximately 20K records. I cannot create any type of index on a linked file. Am I better off importing the file into access (or reading the linked table and inserting them into another table with an index)? Is there an easy way to perform something like this? Will this increase performance? I am pretty new to access and am looking for any and all...

finding 600 emails in a column
Hi! Thank you for taking the time to read this. I run an internet retail business. We advertise on search engine large and small. I have to make a decision on whether or not one of our smaller ad site is paying off. Basically, the ad site supplies us with a list o POTENTIAL CUSTOMER emails. We send out monthly promotional emails t them. Now i need to track these emails to see if any of them have becom ESTABLISHED CUSTOMERS. So far, I fed information from our main data base of ESTABLISHE CUSTOMERS into EXCELL so all the ESTABLISHED CUSTOMER emails are in on column. But i don't kn...