Final SQL Question of the Week!

To Bud, Victoria and Richard- thank you for all your help.  You folks are a
really great resource which I feel I have taken advantage of as of late!
That said- Here's one more...

I currently run a Smartlist in Sales/Sales Transactions where I search on
Document Type "Order" and use document dates to include all of the current
year and then I also search on void status of "not voided".  This gives me a
listing of all orders booked for the current year with the original order
amount.  I tried in SQL using table SOP10100 but the querie  only returns a
partial listing.  Maybe as is it is not including closed sales orders?

Also, If anyone knows a resource that might help me figure these things out
myself in the future please let me know.

Thanks!

~Jeff
0
Grieves (36)

Jeff,

Fully completed Sales Orders will be in SOP30200.  Be careful with dates -
depending on your order flow...an order date might be months away from the
date that order is actually fulfilled/invoiced.  Just curious - why use
Orders and not Invoices?  Or, Invoices less Returns?  (Again, this might
vary greatly based on how you use the SOP module.)  For reporting on SOP
tables this might help:

http://victoriayudin.com/gp-reports/sop-tables/

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Grieves" <Grieves@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> To Bud, Victoria and Richard- thank you for all your help.  You folks are
> really great resource which I feel I have taken advantage of as of late!
> That said- Here's one more...
>
> I currently run a Smartlist in Sales/Sales Transactions where I search on
> Document Type "Order" and use document dates to include all of the current
> year and then I also search on void status of "not voided".  This gives me
> listing of all orders booked for the current year with the original order
> amount.  I tried in SQL using table SOP10100 but the querie  only returns
> partial listing.  Maybe as is it is not including closed sales orders?
>
> Also, If anyone knows a resource that might help me figure these things
> out
> myself in the future please let me know.
>
> Thanks!
>
> ~Jeff

0
victoria (3340)
10/16/2009 6:46:23 PM
Thanks Victoria for the help.  I use this data to keep tabs on our bookings
to ensure our backlog is increasing.  Invoices are great for the present but
we are always watching new orders to ensure future shipments continue at a
healthy rate.

Thanks again and I'll check out your suggestion as soon as I have a free
moment or two.

Have a great weekend!

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> Fully completed Sales Orders will be in SOP30200.  Be careful with dates -
> depending on your order flow...an order date might be months away from the
> date that order is actually fulfilled/invoiced.  Just curious - why use
> Orders and not Invoices?  Or, Invoices less Returns?  (Again, this might
> vary greatly based on how you use the SOP module.)  For reporting on SOP
> tables this might help:
>
> http://victoriayudin.com/gp-reports/sop-tables/
>

> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Want to use Crystal Reports with GP?
> http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
> blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com
>

> "Grieves" <Grieves@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > To Bud, Victoria and Richard- thank you for all your help.  You folks are
> > really great resource which I feel I have taken advantage of as of late!
> > That said- Here's one more...
> >
> > I currently run a Smartlist in Sales/Sales Transactions where I search on
> > Document Type "Order" and use document dates to include all of the current
> > year and then I also search on void status of "not voided".  This gives me
> > listing of all orders booked for the current year with the original order
> > amount.  I tried in SQL using table SOP10100 but the querie  only returns
> > partial listing.  Maybe as is it is not including closed sales orders?
> >
> > Also, If anyone knows a resource that might help me figure these things
> > out
> > myself in the future please let me know.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > ~Jeff

0
Grieves (36)
10/16/2009 7:33:02 PM
Gotcha!  Post back if you need any more help.  :-)

--

> Thanks Victoria for the help.  I use this data to keep tabs on our
> bookings
> to ensure our backlog is increasing.  Invoices are great for the present
> but
> we are always watching new orders to ensure future shipments continue at a
> healthy rate.
>
> Thanks again and I'll check out your suggestion as soon as I have a free
> moment or two.
>
> Have a great weekend!
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Jeff,
>>
>> Fully completed Sales Orders will be in SOP30200.  Be careful with
>> dates -
>> depending on your order flow...an order date might be months away from
>> the
>> date that order is actually fulfilled/invoiced.  Just curious - why use
>> Orders and not Invoices?  Or, Invoices less Returns?  (Again, this might
>> vary greatly based on how you use the SOP module.)  For reporting on SOP
>> tables this might help:
>>
>> http://victoriayudin.com/gp-reports/sop-tables/
>>

>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>> Want to use Crystal Reports with GP?
>> http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
>> blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com
>>

>> "Grieves" <Grieves@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > To Bud, Victoria and Richard- thank you for all your help.  You folks
>> > are
>> > really great resource which I feel I have taken advantage of as of
>> > late!
>> > That said- Here's one more...
>> >
>> > I currently run a Smartlist in Sales/Sales Transactions where I search
>> > on
>> > Document Type "Order" and use document dates to include all of the
>> > current
>> > year and then I also search on void status of "not voided".  This gives
>> > me
>> > listing of all orders booked for the current year with the original
>> > order
>> > amount.  I tried in SQL using table SOP10100 but the querie  only
>> > returns
>> > partial listing.  Maybe as is it is not including closed sales orders?
>> >
>> > Also, If anyone knows a resource that might help me figure these things
>> > out
>> > myself in the future please let me know.
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>> >
>> > ~Jeff

0
victoria (3340)
10/16/2009 7:58:28 PM
Sorry, don't mean to butt-in, but hey!
You should follow Victoria's advice on the tables, but create a view in the
backend of SQL and use that so you can pull everything into one query.  This
way you have less work to do.
(Apologize to Victoria if she already mentioned this)
MG

"Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
> Gotcha!  Post back if you need any more help.  :-)
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Want to use Crystal Reports with GP?
> http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
> blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com
>

> "Grieves" <Grieves@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks Victoria for the help.  I use this data to keep tabs on our
>> bookings
>> to ensure our backlog is increasing.  Invoices are great for the present
>> but
>> we are always watching new orders to ensure future shipments continue at
>> healthy rate.
>>
>> Thanks again and I'll check out your suggestion as soon as I have a free
>> moment or two.
>>
>> Have a great weekend!
>>
>> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> Jeff,
>>>
>>> Fully completed Sales Orders will be in SOP30200.  Be careful with
>>> dates -
>>> depending on your order flow...an order date might be months away from
>>> the
>>> date that order is actually fulfilled/invoiced.  Just curious - why use
>>> Orders and not Invoices?  Or, Invoices less Returns?  (Again, this might
>>> vary greatly based on how you use the SOP module.)  For reporting on SOP
>>> tables this might help:
>>>
>>> http://victoriayudin.com/gp-reports/sop-tables/
>>>

>>> --
>>> Victoria Yudin
>>> Dynamics GP MVP
>>> Want to use Crystal Reports with GP?
>>> http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
>>> blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com
>>>

>>> "Grieves" <Grieves@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Mike,

You are absolutely right - that's what I typically recommend for this kind
of need - get all your code together, then create a view that you can use in
SmartList Builder, Crystal, Excel, SRS, whatever.

--

"mgreymont" <mgreymontnospam@mhgcg.com> wrote in message
> Sorry, don't mean to butt-in, but hey!
> You should follow Victoria's advice on the tables, but create a view in
> the backend of SQL and use that so you can pull everything into one query.
> This way you have less work to do.
> (Apologize to Victoria if she already mentioned this)
> MG
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
>> Gotcha!  Post back if you need any more help.  :-)
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>> Want to use Crystal Reports with GP?
>> http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
>> blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com
>>

>> "Grieves" <Grieves@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Thanks Victoria for the help.  I use this data to keep tabs on our
>>> bookings
>>> to ensure our backlog is increasing.  Invoices are great for the present
>>> but
>>> we are always watching new orders to ensure future shipments continue at
>>> healthy rate.
>>>
>>> Thanks again and I'll check out your suggestion as soon as I have a free
>>> moment or two.
>>>
>>> Have a great weekend!

0
victoria (3340)
10/17/2009 6:30:44 AM
Victoria,

My apologies- I'm not very well versed on SQL reporting.  I was able to
create two separate queries; one for the open sales orders and another for
the closed sales orders.  If I run them both and then add the document values
I arrive at the correct total for 2009 orders booked to date.  Could you
explain how I go about joining these so I have one querie that gives the
total result?  Is there another table that contains a listing of all sales
order numbers?  I'm unsure how to link these two tables since they contain
different data save for the customer ID

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Mike,
>
> You are absolutely right - that's what I typically recommend for this kind
> of need - get all your code together, then create a view that you can use in
> SmartList Builder, Crystal, Excel, SRS, whatever.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Want to use Crystal Reports with GP?
> http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
> blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com
>

> "mgreymont" <mgreymontnospam@mhgcg.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry, don't mean to butt-in, but hey!
> > You should follow Victoria's advice on the tables, but create a view in
> > the backend of SQL and use that so you can pull everything into one query.
> > This way you have less work to do.
> > (Apologize to Victoria if she already mentioned this)
> > MG
> >
> > "Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
> >> Gotcha!  Post back if you need any more help.  :-)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Victoria Yudin
> >> Dynamics GP MVP
> >> Want to use Crystal Reports with GP?
> >> http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
> >> blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com
> >>

> >> "Grieves" <Grieves@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Grieves (36)
10/20/2009 6:07:08 PM
Jeff,

If you are pulling the same columns from both tables, you can do something
like the following example:

SELECT SOPNUMBE, SOPTYPE
FROM SOP10100

UNION ALL

SELECT SOPNUMBE, SOPTYPE
FROM SOP30200

Here is a view that returns all SOP line items that is a more robust example
of this:

http://victoriayudin.com/2009/05/17/sql-view-with-all-sop-line-items/

--

> Victoria,
>
> My apologies- I'm not very well versed on SQL reporting.  I was able to
> create two separate queries; one for the open sales orders and another for
> the closed sales orders.  If I run them both and then add the document
> values
> I arrive at the correct total for 2009 orders booked to date.  Could you
> explain how I go about joining these so I have one querie that gives the
> total result?  Is there another table that contains a listing of all sales
> order numbers?  I'm unsure how to link these two tables since they contain
> different data save for the customer ID
>

> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Mike,
>>
>> You are absolutely right - that's what I typically recommend for this
>> kind
>> of need - get all your code together, then create a view that you can use
>> in
>> SmartList Builder, Crystal, Excel, SRS, whatever.
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>> Want to use Crystal Reports with GP?
>> http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
>> blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com
>>

>> "mgreymont" <mgreymontnospam@mhgcg.com> wrote in message
>> > Sorry, don't mean to butt-in, but hey!
>> > You should follow Victoria's advice on the tables, but create a view in
>> > the backend of SQL and use that so you can pull everything into one
>> > query.
>> > This way you have less work to do.
>> > (Apologize to Victoria if she already mentioned this)
>> > MG
>> >
>> > "Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message

0
victoria (3340)

Office XP Exel
Scenario: User's A,B, C, and D all have access to an excel XLS on a 2003 server. Users A & B have modify rights, users C&D only have read rights. If user A updates the file, the general tab in properties reflect the exact time the file was modified. After user A saves and closes the file, user D goes in. The changes are there, but in the properties general tab, the modify date in an old date (probably the actual creation date). Is this normal ? Any idea's ? ...

Sql to find record in a hierarchical chain
Hi, lets say I have a table with 2 fields: myTable Field 1 - ref Field 2 - parentRef Now in the structure there could be numerous chains until you get to the top of the hieratchy (where the ref field = parentRef field). ie ref parentRef 111 222 222 333 333 444 444 444 so in this 444 is top of the chain (there will be many other records as well that are nothing to with 444 and are part of their own hierarchy). So how do I easily relate 111 to 444. Ie how do i find the ultimate top parent for a given 'ref' field. Hope anyone can give me some pointers ...

Newbie question
'hello, can someone explain in plain English what this formula is actually saying: =IF(C32="FOB",(B28:C28/'Board Pricing and conversion'!B19)-B28,(B28/'Board Pricing and conversion'!B20)-B28) I understand the C32="FOB", but the rest I don't. I know it is referencing another spreadsheet but don't know what it is looking at?? Thanks bassman Double-click on the cell with the formula and you will see the syntax IF(logical_test, [value_if_true], [value_if_false]) You have a logical text for "FOB" on C32 of active sheet. If True the...

Question about clip art, etc
Whenever I use clip art in Publisher or Word (2000) it says to insert the CD (#2) that has it on it. Which I do. Before I reinstalled WINDOWS a few weeks ago, and had to put everything in again, I had the clip art on my computer. So, if I needed something it was right there and I didn't need to keep putting in the CD. I have tried this several times, in Word (mainly, though I use clip art in Publisher too and have that function, using clip art, enabled- after it asked if I wanted to) The CD brings up the install and I click ADD OR REMOVE FEATURES and click on the clip art and "...

Excel / VBA / SQL DB
Anybody done any work with Excel / VBA / SQL DB? Can you give me some pointers on how I could do the following all in one VBA routine: 1) From a cell variable value (ie, user enters a customer code), I query table A and put the data into a worksheet starting from say cell A1. 2) A blank row is created after the last data line in point 1 above. 3) Using the same cell variable, query table B and put the data into the worksheet starting from the row after the blank row in point 2 above. and so on. Like I've said before I work with ASP all day and know about ADO connections, commands and...

Scheduling formula question
I know both are the same equation. Which one is by definition ? "Duration = Work / Units" or "Work = Duration x Units". I have a three day task with a resource assigned (Max. Units 100%, Units:100%). All calendars are the default Standard base calendar; Hours per day is 9 hours. How do we build the equation to calculate 27 hours of work ? TBol -- To be technically correct, the Duration Equation formula is written as: Duration = Work/(Hours Per Day x Units) You find the Hours Per Day value on the Calendar page of the Options dialog, accessed by clic...

Winfax question before purchase
i dont know where else to place this and there have been alot of posts in here relating to winfax, so here goes: I run a business and all of the time we get customers telling us they faxed something, and we have no record of it. now sometimes they never sent it...sometimes they sent it upside down and we received it blank..sometimes we just lost it. I am thinking that Winfax might be a solution to my problems, but I need to know a few things. A. can I set up winfax so that I plug my fax line into my comp, it receives the fax, and automatically prints it out to my printer (functioning jus...

Subform question 04-09-10
I have a form (Form1) that contains a subform (Subform1). Within this subform I have a combo box which, depending on what is chosen, pops up another form (Popup1)for additional information. I need this additional information in the form that pops up to be 'linked' with the subform. The problem I am running into is that when the user enters information in Popup1, the table has not been populated witht he data that is in the subform so there is no record to 'link' to. What is the best way to force te esubform to pass its information to the table? Thanks i...

outlook in sub-domain to set use root-domain question!!!
Dear Sir Please see below more details,(We are using special railway line between Head office in Taipei and branch office in Tao-Yuan) Head office in Taipei: aaa.com(Root domain) Dc server * 2(One of it is GC Server), Front-End Exchange 2003 *1, Back-End Exchange 2003 * 2(One is named mail1, another is named mail2 ) Branch office in Tao-Yuan: bbb.aaa.com(sub-domain) Dc Server *1(No GC Server,No Exchange Server) After using ADMT v3 Tool, when I transfer an account from root named aaa.com(ou) to bbb.aaa.com. After I ins...

Can I set SQL mirroring across WAN?
We have a 100 Mb dedicated DR link to another data center. Want to set up a SQL 2008 database to use mirroring from primary to a standby server at the remote data center. I did a ping test and here is the result. ping -n 100 -l 5120 <target IP> Ping statistics for <target IP> Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 99, Lost = 1 (1% loss), Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 8ms, Maximum = 19ms, Average = 11ms is the network latency good enough for database mirroring? Does anyone know the min. requirement? Field experience will be fine too....

Input mask & Format question
Greetings I use the input mask \(999") "999\-9999 in the Phone field of my table. I wanted the brackets, space and dash stored in the table because the data is imported into other applications. 1234567890 is stored as (123) 456-7890. On one of my forms there is a combobox with fields CustID, CustName, Phone. My problem is how to format the phone number in the cbo. It shows up as 1234567890. Thanks in advance Becky Hi - Set the input mask to \(999") "999\-9999:0 (adding semicolon - zero). This forces the literals to be stored along with the other characters...

SQL 2008 x64 SP1 SSRS
I've installed SQL Server 2008 x64 SP1 SSRS on a server running Windows Server 2008 x64 Standard and am having major issues. I installed and configured SSRS using documentation provided by our CRM application (ConnectWise). They appeared to be pretty standard options. For SSL I chose the certificate for mydomain.com. Inside the Reporting Services Configuration Manager it shows the following URLs: Web Service URL: http://machinename:80/ReportServer https://www.mydomain.com:443/ReportServer Report Manager URL: http://machinename:80/Reports https://www.mydomain.com:443/Reports ...

Sales for Outlook Web Site question
Does CRM 1.2 Sales for Outlook client utilize Cassini? If not, is it supposed to copy files to \inetpub\wwwroot\ or repoint the Default Web Site to another directory? I am getting errors clicking on the Activities, Accounts, etc. and the "Promote E-mail to CRM Activity" button... Yes, it uses Cassini on port 2525. No, files don't need to be copied to inetpub. Mike "Jim Scavuzzo" <NOSPAM-scavuzzoj@ecg-inc.com> wrote in message news:eTbk8jW9DHA.2044@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does CRM 1.2 Sales for Outlook client utilize Cassini? If not, is it > suppose...

Graph question #2
Hi Folks, Quick query with regards to how data is read by a graph. I have a sheet featuring the number of staff assigned to the call centre at 1/2 hour points throughout the day. This data is stored in a sheet called 'Data' and in cells D17, E17, F17 etc etc. The data within this page is not very well presented as it is run automatically from the system we use here so I have made a more presentable table and graph. For the table for each 1/2 i simply reference the cell in the data page so that all i have to do to update the sheet week by week is paste fresh data in. Using =Data!D17 t...

VBA and SQL Query
hi, i use GP 8.0 and i want to make a custom form for a specific need. i cannot use Dexterity for this change so i really need to use VBA. however in the vba form i want to make a few sql select queries to pull client names, and call a table view, and eventually run a few update queries. is that possible to do with VBA in GP 8.0 ? Yes. You need to create an ADO connection and execute through that. Go to Customersource and search for ADO and VBA. Somewhere, I think in one of the demo links, is a file containing sample code that show you how to do this, including use of the retrievegl...

Posting a Journal Entry directly Into SQL?
Currently, we using Integration Assistant 8.0 for Excel to import about 6 Simple Journal Entries per day. This was fairly easy for the first few weeks, but now it's just getting boring. Our process goes something like this: Run a custom SQL Query (that operates on both Great Plains and other data sources) that produces a result set that is cut and pasted as a formatted Journal Entry into Excel. Then, from Excel, we just run our already-built integration package which imports the batch into Great Plains. We've already figured out how to get some basic transaction data out of Gr...

Question to a MSDN-Article (WordML)
Hi all, in ref. to the MSDN-Article "New XML Features of the Microsoft Office Word 2003 Object Model" (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odc_wd2003_ta/html/odc_Wdnew2k3XMLOM.asp) I've got a few questions: 1.) They say, the first step to work with XML in a word document is to add the XML-Schema to the Application-Object. As I want to work with the WordML (Word Object Model), I suppose I need to load this Schema. But obviously I've got no xsd-file available. How can I manage to work with the WordML then? 2.) To extract text from a word documen...

Question about CListCtrl extended style
I have set the style: m_ListCtrl.SetExtendedStyle( LVS_EX_GRIDLINES | LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES ); What I want to get is: 1. when one item is selected, the check box should be checked; If one item is not selected, it should be unchecked. 2. If item is checked, it should be selected; if not checked, it should be unselected. How to do that? You will have to do this all yourself since that is not the default beheavor of a CListCtrl. The selection and checkboxs are normally independent of each other. But you can simply use a multi-select list control, and as the user checks or unchecks the checkb...

Performance with SQL linked tables
Hi, My question is a application performance issue so maybe the wrong forum. I have a SQL Server 2005 Express database and connected Access 2003 clients. The performance seems to have degraded since moving from SQL 7. The users are seeing delays when clicking on menu optiosns that have open bound forms in Access. So I have been using the Profiler to have a look at things. I am filtering events SQL:Batchcompleted and RPC:Completed with duration > 10ms. I found some issues with the forms loading without filerting rows so i have changed it so it does not load any rows on opening. A...

Weekly Maintenance Plan
Hello: The weekly maintenance plan that runs every week on Sunday morning in SQL 2005 failed for the first time in two years. The SQL error log stated: "Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly." Any ideas? childofthe1980s On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 04:14:03 -0700, childofthe1980s <childofthe1980s@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello: > >The weekly maintenance plan that runs every week on Sunday morning in SQL >2005 failed for the first ti...

Update cell based on date range
Hey guys! I was wondering if I could get some help here. I would lik to update a cell based on a date range. For example, I would like t update the value of a cell to the value of another cell if the curren date is between July 1st and July 10th. However, if the date i outside the date range, I want the value for that cell to not b updated, and be the previous value. Can anyone give me an example a to how I would do this? Thanks!! -- deversol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- deversole's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=geti...

Publisher question
Can I change a Publisher file to a .jpg or .tif format? How? sally <sally@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can I change a Publisher file to a .jpg or .tif format? How? Publisher 2002 and 2003 you can go to File > Save As and select TIFF or JPEG format. Publisher 2000 or earlier you will need a third-party app like FinePrint (www.fineprint.com) or SnagIt (www.techsmith.com) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Ed Bennett" wrote: > sally <sally@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to > utter: > &...

Smarlist Questions
Hi All Does anyone know of a way to display the notes field in a smartlist? What i need is to have the text typed in the Notes (The OLE note) displayed in a smartlist. I have smartlist builder but I can figure out a way to link the two. Thanks Fliehigh Do you mean the record-level note? If so, link the NOTEINDX field in the appropriate master record to the same field in the SY03900 table and display the TXTFIELD column. An interesting feature of SmartList is that, although the note may only display one line on the screen, if you roll your cursor over it the entire note will pop up i...