Filter customerid

Hello,

When I choose to sort the sales transaction records by "customerid", in the
Sales Transaction Entry screen, I would like to further filter the records
based on the starting character of the customerid. I would want to accomplish
this using VBA.

In other words if the customerid is chosen to be the sortby option, then if
I click on the nextbuttontoolbar/previousbuttontoolbar/
endoffilebuttontoolbar etc, I would want to filter the records based on the
starting character of the customerid, in addition to the sort by customerid.

Thanks
0
ad (27)

Applying Advanced Filter
Thanks so much to those who have responded to my earlier questions. It's solved most of the issues I couldn't figure out, so I'm nearly finished I hope. How can I run the Advanced Filter without manually doing it? I guess I could try recording a macro. I will be always filtering the same data set i.e. A9:N31 and using the Copy option to place the results in another location. I was trying to avoid copying to another place on the sheet and then using a macro to copy the data to another sheet but ran into the following issue. I noticed if I set the filter in a cell on an...

Protection & Filtering
I have a management information system which exports data to excel when reports are run. I want to be able to take the resulting excel spreadsheet and protect the majority of its contents to avoid accidental erasure. I then wish to insert several columns into the sheet which people can update as the month progesses. These columns are therefore to remain unprotected. I can do this using the 'locked' feature of format cells but when my sheet is protected I am unable to filter the data. I understand why this is happening but does anyone know a way round this as the filtering opt...

Consecutive Filtering
Appreciate it if anyone can help me to resolve this problem. I am working with Proj 2007. Example I want to do a filter for all the sites I have in Region 1. Project will complete the filtering with no problems. However, if I wanted to further filter to where I want to find out what sites I have in Phase 1 MS project does not show all choices in the filter dropdown box. What can I do to be able to filter consecutively? Appreciate any assistance provided. -- Django Hello Django, Are you using autofilters on the field headings or are you creating the filter through the Proj...

� Heading with filtered data in Microsoft Excel
Hi , THis is probably very simple but not even the people at my work who use pivot tables etc can tell me how to do it so maybe not? What I want to do is to display a Heading that looks at filtered information and prints at the top of the information which filter was used. It's a bit like Summing filtered data in Microsoft Excel but instead of adding the results in one colum using the subtotal I want to see what the text is in that colum whihc is the one that it is filtered by. CUSTOMER 1 DATE APPLES $12 CUSTOMER 3 ORANGES ...

Filter on a listox
Hi all, I was wondering; is it possible to apply a filter to a ListBox the same way as is possible to a form recordsource? Filter = "fID=1" FilterOn=TRUE Or are ther other methods so achieve the same? Thx, Ludovic Vsn, Apply your filter to the Row Source table/query behind the listbox. On a form, your Row Source query might have a criteria like fID Like "*" & Forms!frmYourForm!YourTextControl & "*" If YourTextControl is null, all records are returned to the listbox... or if it contains a value, only those relate...

Custom List View Filter on Dates
I appolgize if this is a second post of this question, but I do not think that my first one made it to this group. I have created a custom list in MOSS2007. The list has several dates, each indicating a stage in the process. I wish to make views that allow me to see those items that have Date 1 filled in but do not have Date 2 filled in. I have tried to use [Empty], [Blank], 0, and less than 01/01/2009. None of these work. Is there a special word for filtering dates? Thanks! GregDC ...

Filter for Day of the Week
I'd like to return results that show calculations based on the day of the week for example Date Total 7/9/2007 3 7/10/2007 4 7/11/2007 3 7/12/2007 6 7/13/2007 1 7/14/2007 1 7/15/2007 0 7/16/2007 2 7/17/2007 3 Id like to return a result of Day: Total: Monday 5 Tuesday 7 Wednesday 3 Thursday 6 Friday 1 Saturday 1 Sunday 0 Thanks for your help. In query design view, enter an expression like this into a fresh column in the Field row: DO...

Auto Filter 03-10-10
When I use Auto Filter and select the criteria I want to filter by and then go back to select all criteria certain rows are hidden, it does show all rows. Anyone know why? Did you mean "it does NOT show all rows"? If yes, then I'm guessing that you have more than one field/column filtered. In xl2003 menus, I'd use: Data|Filter|show all On the xl2007 ribbon, I think it's: Data tab|Sort & Filter group|Clear GV wrote: > > When I use Auto Filter and select the criteria I want to filter by and then > go back to select all criteria cer...

Filter
The filter is not working after adding columns to a large spreadsheet. Try remove autofilter, then re-apply, ensuring that the entire range is selected. Joy? hit the YES below -- Max Singapore --- "gjhilde" wrote: > The filter is not working after adding columns to a large spreadsheet. ...

Excel Chart Trouble on Auto-Filtered List
I'm plotting a chart based on visible cells in an auto-filtere spreadsheet. Everything works fine as far as the data and legend range go (cols 2 and 3 below). My problem is I want to add a text box to th chart and link that box to the name of the data being plotted, but need to show only a "distinct" cell from the range, i.e. in the exampl below the linked text box shows "GAIG GAIG GAIG" because those cells ar visible. I can't seem to find what Excel function/feature or formula t use to make this display just "GAIG" or "AFG" in the linked text ...

QAT & Filter By Form
Hi All, I have my application locked down and I display the allowable buttons on the QAT. On forms, I display the Filter-By-Form button and the Toggle Filter button. BUT, when the user selects the Filter-By-Form button the form displays ok but the entire QAT disappears. The user can enter their desired filtering criteria, but they have no way to Appy the filter. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Fred <zuckermanf@gmail.com> kirjoitti viestiss�:f0a11853-60fc-4fd4-a801-3541fa8912a4@w17g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > I have my application locked down and I displ...

Open filtered report
TIA: Access 2007. I have a 'summary' report grouped by [request date], no detailed section. The field in the report design for the group is [request date by day]. I'm trying to be able to double click on a group date in the report and open another report with detailed info based on the group date double clicked on in the summary report. I tried on dbl click: dim rd as date rd=me.[request date by day] 'set date value = group date docmd.openreport "detail", acPreview, "[request date by day]=" & rd the "detail" report open...

Filter for 225 or 233 numbers #6
thanks Julie that seems to be workign better how did you learn all this stuff???? -- hogan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- hoganc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1498 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26686 Hi glad it's getting close to being solved :) most of the stuff i know i learnt from these newsgroups :) and a bit of trial & error Cheers JulieD "hoganc" <hoganc.1drfjc@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:hoganc.1drfjc@excelfo...

Filters and CFileDialog
Hi, I've been trying a number of suggestions about filters in the MFC File Open dialog, but I just can't seem to get them to work. I can get the default "*.*" filter to work all right, but not my own file extension. What am I doing wrong: CString strFilter = _T("Fun Functions (*.fun)\x0*.fun\x0\x0"); CFileDialog dlgBrowse(TRUE, NULL, NULL, OFN_HIDEREADONLY | OFN_OVERWRITEPROMPT | OFN_ENABLESIZING); dlgBrowse.m_ofn.lpstrTitle = "Open a Fun Function"; dlgBrowse.m_ofn.lpstrFilter = strFilter; if (dlgBrowse.DoModal() == IDOK) { AfxMessageBox(_T("F...

How to Filter in to another sheet
See http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ExtractWs ...

Help in Filtering in excel 2003
I have a large amount of information in a spreadsheet involving many suppliers i would like to know how to create a cell where i can type in the name of the supplier and only that supplier would show. Best thing i know of to explain more is like the white pages you type in a surnmae and that nmae appears ...

new rules filter
Can anyone please tell me if there is a way to create a Rule in Outlook 2000, that will send all email from people in the Address Book only to the Inbox, all others get sent to the Delete box? If there is a way, I could not find an easy solution. Thanks! -- marx404 No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: marx404 <404@404.com> asked: | Can anyone please tell me if there is a way to create a Rule in | Outlook 2000, that will send all email from people in the Address ...

Comment position after filter
Hi everybody - I have some comments in my Excel 2000 spreadsheet. When I filter the spreadsheet, the comments do not change position with the cells and end up far from them? Is there any way I can work around this, eg. by specifying an event in VB? Thanks, Cassie. -- cassie You need to be clearer. I'm assuming that you are referring to the 'Comment' object that can be added to a cell. Cells do not change position when you filter. They are hidden and unhidden but cell 'H7' (for example) will stay 'H7' whether it is a part of your filter or not. The com...

how to filter html part of a mutiltipart/alternative message ?
hello, I created rules to filter message based on their content. for text/plain or text/htlm message, no problem. but for multipart/alternative message, Outlook2K seems to read only the text/plain part, not the text/html part :( and some mailer/spamer send emails with an empty text:plain part and somthing in the text/html part. how con I tell Outlook to read also the text/html in case of a multipart/alternative message ? TIA, Pierre. ...

Reporting SPAM Filter Issues
How do I provide feedback to Microsoft on email that Outlook's filter fails to detect? "Johnnie" <VMWLMIYAGPIH@spammotel.com> wrote in message news:jekjr1husbt5ifl8rts8dmi7gelmaniu1l@4ax.com... > How do I provide feedback to Microsoft on email that Outlook's filter > fails to > detect? They probably use feedback from user Hotmail users hitting the Spam button. Don't expect them to bother with feedback on how to improve their Bayesian filter. Find better anti-spam solutions. Spampal is free (www.spampal.org). -- __________________________________...

Outlook 2000 VBA/Macro filter
I would like to delete/filter all messages that have HREF=HTTP in the message source. Does anyone have any script that looks for a specific word(s) in Outlook 2000 message source and then either raises a flag or performs a specific action (such as moving/deleting the message)? Any help would be appreciated. "hunkman" <hunkman7@excite.com> wrote in message news:141aff56.0404230421.2554220f@posting.google.com... > I would like to delete/filter all messages that have HREF=HTTP in the > message source. Does anyone have any script that looks for a specific > word(s) in Ou...

Junk Mail Filter Will Not Update
Automatic updates have never worked for me and none of the issues cited are relevant. Downloaded SP1 update and installed manually (message indicated successfully). Site indicated I should update the Junk Mail Filter for Outlook as well. Downloaded the update file for manual installation but when executed I receive the following message "The Expected Version of The Product Was Not Found On Your System". What now? What is your version of Outlok when you choose Help-> About? Did you use this update? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d8ded71e-89ed-4473-...

Filter: Macro/CommandButton
Hey Guys I intend my macro to do this: If autofilter is activated then show all, if not then activate autofilter . - a kind of on/off autofiler-button based on some "spagetti"- programming of mine: Selection.AutoFilter Field:=7, Criteria1:="MTO OK" ActiveSheet.ShowAllData .... but I struggle to make this work, and humberly ask you guys for help. Best Regards Snoopy With Worksheets("sheet1") If .FilterMode Then .ShowAllData else Selection.AutoFilter Field:=7, Criteria1:="MTO OK" End If End Wit...

Advanced Filtering #3
i am using advanced filtering to filter a list. i am filtering it in place. it is a 15 column table with headings, so rows 1 and 2 are exactly the same as rows 3 and 4 respectively. one of the columns is a date column. can someone tell me what i would enter in the criteria range to filter the list for all entries made in the month of january? TIA Spence There are two ways the second is more accurate. 1) Uber the Date Criterion Field Type =MONTH(Start of List)=1 So if the list starts at A7 then +Month(A7)=1 2) Create two criterion Fields for the Date column in the first type ...