Field service table structure and field definitions

The 9 SDK does not reference or define the fields or tables for the Field
service component.  Where can I find this information?   I need to move RMA
into a data warehouse and am having significant trouble identifying the data
flows.

Thanks,
Will
0
WS (4)

You may want to contact I.B.I.S. They wrote the application.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"WS" wrote:

> The 9 SDK does not reference or define the fields or tables for the Field
> service component.  Where can I find this information?   I need to move RMA
> into a data warehouse and am having significant trouble identifying the data
> flows.
>
> Thanks,
> Will
0
callen (2505)
4/7/2007 3:28:01 AM
I found some reference to the printable help files or possibly something on
the extranet.  I will check there soon

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> You may want to contact I.B.I.S. They wrote the application.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "WS" wrote:
>
> > The 9 SDK does not reference or define the fields or tables for the Field
> > service component.  Where can I find this information?   I need to move RMA
> > into a data warehouse and am having significant trouble identifying the data
> > flows.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Will
0
WS (4)

Forms
I am currently developing a form in Publisher 2003. I need some of the responses on the form to be "required". For example, if a box is checked that a person is requesting vacation, the text field below it would be where the user would indicate his/her dates of vacation. If vacation is checked, the text field should be required. Or, even if I could just make it so the user must check a box for vacation vs. no vacation (even without dates), I would be happy with that. Any ideas, or am I not going to be able to accomplish this in Publisher? I didn't see any reference a...

Account Structure
So GP allows you to have an account structure of 10 segements and 66 characters. My questions is, what is the downside to not putting a limitation on the account structure and leave it at 10 segments 66 characters even if you don't plan on using all of those characters for a long time? Nothing should really happen but you will see a weird looking set of data in the Account Number field on the screen and the report like the following: 11 -222 -33333 instead of 11-222-3333 "cougdogg" wrote: > So GP allows you to have an account structure of 10 segement...

Pivot Table problem #6
Hi My organisation has recently changed financial year from Jan to Dec to April to March. All of our Pivot tables ran from tables held in sql and were simply made up from two fields that were Year & Period (2001, 01), where 01 was Jan is now April. We have converted all of the historical records so that 01 now = April. However, we still have some users that require their Pivot tables to see Jan to Dec by Year. Is there anyway I can set the Pivot table to report the columns headings so that they start 2000 10 to 2001 009 and so that the grand totals are calculated for these periods? D...

Download NET 3.5 Sp1 Service Pack
I can't download the NET 3.5 Service Pack3 or Service Pack 2. I have XP They do not exist - there is only Dot Net Fx 3.5 SP1. "marlsrsoftball" <marlsrsoftball@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49BC29A3-F9B1-430B-B5EE-C4DA5B6C0E95@microsoft.com... >I can't download the NET 3.5 Service Pack3 or Service Pack 2. > > I have XP What it is saying ".NET 3.5 Service Pack 1 Framwork not installed when I try to dowload it i get an Error Code: 0x80070645 Fred "Jerry" wrote: > They do not exist - there is...

VB: Convert rectangular clusters of # within field: FindNext, Find
I am having trouble with a script that keeps hanging and I don't know how to debug it. Its supposed to go through and search for a rectangular array of numbers ," 2", within a field of 0, and convert the end columns of that rectangular array to 0 and the bottom left and right values to 1. See the example. The line that the debugger is pointing to is the the following: iValue = i.Offset(rowOffset:=0, columnOffset:=1).Value Its in the nested do loop that cycles through each row. The other do loop cycles through the rows, and the outer most loop cycles through the en...

Site replication service disabled?
I have just looked through the services on the Exchange server and have noticed that the Microsoft Exchange Site Replication Service is disabled, should this be disabled? What would happen to the users that are using Exchange if I reactivate this program? Please help! Hannah A nice tea i think is required..... The SRS service is only required when you are coexisting with Exchange 5.5 by default the service is disabled by default :) "hannab2005" wrote: > I have just looked through the services on the Exchange server and have > noticed that the Microsoft Exchange Site ...

Pivot Table Drop down
I am using pivot charts I created in Excel 2003. When I open the old charts in Excel 2007 they open in the compatibility mode. The drop downs that I had in the chart to look at different data is missing. How do I get the drop downs to show back up. I can alway go back to the pivot table to change the data but it was much easier to change it on the chart. thanks. -- Dale With the chart selected, on the Ribbon, click the Analyze tab Click PivotChart Filter This opens a dialog box where you can change the filters. You can also click Field List on the Ribbon, to open the pivot table field ...

Pivot tables with pre-counted dates
Hello I wish to build a pivot table, based on a simple data sheet, with the following columns: a) name b) type c) price d) date e) place My problem is that "date" column contains individual dates in rows, for example 2003-07-29, 2003-07-30, 2003-07-31, 2003-08-01 etc., and this is displayed in the pivot table. What I exactly want is to pre-count these dates into months (2003-07, 2003-08 and so on), of course with aggregating individual prices withing a single month. I know I can write a macro, that will generate another column and treating the date as string, cut the last 3 ...

How can I get a report on the number of field changes made in Exce
I need to be able to account for the number of field changes made in a given month in an Excel database. Is there a way this can be accomplished? Possibly keep some record using the change event Chip Pearson's page on events. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "j.sjoberg" <j.sjoberg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:602308A7-E3AF-43E3-B130-F08426C7509F@microsoft.com... > I need to be able to account for the number of field changes made in a given > month in an Excel database. Is there a way this can be accomplished? ...

Populate Combo Box with Access Table Data
Hello, I have an acccess table that contains WellName, Date, Hours and Rate as well as some other columns of information. I am trying to set up a combo box in Excel that will allow me to select a WellName from the Access table, and then populate 3 separate columns in the spreadsheet with the data from Date, Hours and Rate. Example: WellName Date Hours Gas_Rate 100010205922W500 18/11/2009 0 0 100010205922W500 19/11/2009 2.48 2980 100010205922W500 20/11/2009 1.43 990 100010205922W500 24/11/2009 13.94 240 100010205922W500 22/11/2009 13.71 24...

Combining fields into one line
I want to make a report off of a query. That query lists the name, id, and items bought (Product). For each item bought, there's a new line with the name and id and then the product purchased. I want to make a report that lists the name, id, and then products purchased on one line per individual name. Below is what I have and then what I'm trying to get. What I have: Name ID Product John Hascua 1234 computer John Hascua 1234 Phone John Hascua 1234 Monitor Jeff Green 1524 computer Jeff Green 1524 Memory Card The way I ...

Can outlook custom fields be migrated into CRM?
I've got a client who I have created a custom outlook contact form for, with several custom fields. I would like to migrate this client to MS CRM in the near future, and before I have them populate all these custom fields with data, I would like to know if those custom outlook form fields will be available when I migrate the contacts from Outlook (well exchange public folder actually) into CRM. I want to assure that the data that gets entered in those fields will not be all for naught when CRM rolls around. Thanks, Ryan The way to ensure that your fields are i ported into CRM is to: ...

VS2008 Framework 3.5 Web Service Accessed from Web 2.0 Client
Hi, I'm wondering if I made a large architectural screwup. I wanted to use new features in VS2008 including LINQ in my web service and have targeted the 3.5 framework with the web service. However, my Windows Forms client targets the 2.0 framework as I don't want my clients to have to download 3.5 All this works nicely in development but trying to deploy to a staging env I experience problems. I've deployed the web service sucessfully to IIS on my local machine and can browse to the service definition using the address below OK. My app.config file contains the reference:...

Viewing fields in a one to many relationship
I have two tables linked on a one to many relationship table. When I go into the "one" table with the primary key field it has the little plus boxes on the left to view the data from the "many" table with the foreign key. However, when I click on that box, all it shows me is the same data that is in my "one" table. How do I view the fields that are in the "many" table that are not in the "one" table? To put it in perspective, I have an invoice number that is coded to 3 different account numbers. The invoice number is my primary key ...

Converting a field from Yes/No to Text Box not changing in a form
Hi I am in the process of creating a form in which I realized that I had set up a field in a table to be Yes/No (1 or 0). I realized that I actually need it to read "Yes" or "No" just I converted it to a text field. But when I check my form, it doesn't reflect my change. In other words, the fields are blank whereas I wanted to see either a "Yes" or a "No". How do I fix this problem without recreating the form? Thanks in advance. Are you certain that the text box is bound to the field in the table? -- Doug Steele, Microso...

Need advice on product specs table
Hi, I'm trying to figure the best way to store product specs data e.g. dimensions, weight, power requirements, etc. Because the database will contain a wide variety of products and in time, there will be new specification categories, I'm inclined to have a table that defines specification categories and another where SpecIDs and values are saved for each ProductID. The problem I have with this approach is that I won't be able to take advantage of data types in SQL Server. I'd hate to keep dimension or weight information as varchar. The other approach I c...

Page Break if next value of field in previous record is not consec
I have a report used to display box numbers by category (record series). I have the report grouped by RSNo, then sorted by BoxNo with a page break forced when a new RSNo occurs. Additionally, however, there should be a new page if the box numbers within the RS are not consecutive. For example, if the box number in RS1 are 1235, 1236, 1237, 1240, 1241, and 1242 I should end up with two pages. The first page should have 1235, 1236 and 1237 and the second page should have 1240, 1241, and 1242. I thought I could do this using VB and an if...then...else statement such that If BoxNo.Curr...

migrating to new computer
I am just in the process of migrating my data from a Win98 machine to a Win2000 machine. I am running Outlook 2000 on both. When I try to configure my accounts on the new machine I am finding a different process for doing this. Rather than going to Tools/Accounts and configuring my email accounts, I am finding that I must go to Tools/Services and the configuration process is quite different from what I am familiar with. What accounts for this difference and which configuration should I be using? Thanks in advance. rdh I think I have it figured out - I must have configured it incorrectly ...

How to get two fields to show in a combo box
Hello all. I've been through the help file a couple of time and I can't seem to find the answer to this question. I have a bound combo box that is using 3 fields, CSM ID, CSM First Name, CSM Last Name. I have CSM ID hidden, both of the column widths of the first and last name set to 1", they're both visible in the drop down, but when I select an entry, only the first name shows in the combo box. What am I missing? Thanks! Check the source SQL and change from this -- SELECT [CSM ID], [CSM First Name], [CSM Last Name].... to this -- SELECT [CSM ID], [CSM F...

Recepient update service can't populate address list
Enviroment: Windows 2003, Exchange 2003 Hi, Recepient update service in Exchange2003 can't populate address list, although when I preview filter rule in standard ALL USER list in Exchange System Manager, I get correct result (a lot of recepients). After running recepient update service, the address list remains empty and no error is generated. Has anyone any idea, what's wrong ? Thanks Petr what SP(s) and hotfix(es) are you running on Exchange server and on the Windows 2003 DCs? D. "Petr" <matula@balakom.cz> wrote in message news:f2d801c3f23b$1bcfc7a0$a101...

Word, Form Fields and the Enter Key
I'm using the code below to the Enter Key will behave like the Tab Key to go between Form Fields. The problem is that when using the Enter Key, the Form Fields do not get Formatted, as they do with the Tab Key. By the way, after using the Enter Key, if I go back to the previous Form Field, and then exit that Form Field with a right arrow or Tab Key, that Field will then show the proper formatting. Can someone please show how to modify this code to work properly? Thanks for your help, Bernie ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

clear computer description field via GPO
Hi! Is there any chance to clear Computer Description field via GPO (AD)? Thanks! I'd suggest that post this to Windows admin not Exchange. However, I do not believe that is possible. You would need to write a script. Nue "marTINA" <martinaL@net.hr> wrote in message news:u1a012510h6uhaip5q6bnj78266ed3k1nq@4ax.com... > > Hi! > > Is there any chance to clear Computer Description field via GPO (AD)? > Thanks! I agree since this is a directory attribute and not a registry setting. It should be rather easy to clear it with a script. -- Ed Crowley MVP ...

HELP TABLES!!
I am not quite sure what I did but, I was had already started a table and had some data in it, when we had to change the table, so I did and now it is linking the items that we added to every form and not letting me choose wheather they need to be entered or not. WHAT DO I DO????? On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 08:40:03 -0700, cstepp <cstepp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am not quite sure what I did but, I was had already started a table and had >some data in it, when we had to change the table, so I did and now it is >linking the items that we added to every form and not let...

Multiple value field displaying number instead of what is in the table
I have two columns on my report. One column named Loss Category that is bound by the field Loss Category on my table and is set up as a combo box that allows multiple values to be selected on the form. For example, a user may select fraud or personal injury OR fraud and personal injury. The second column on my report is named Risk Information that has the following expression: RiskInfo: "Loss Date: " & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & [Loss Date] & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & "Insurance Defense:" & Chr(13) & Chr(10) &a...

service not available
Hello, I have some messages in the queue sitting for a couple of days now, with the message:"<username@aol.com> [421 service not available]" AOL is the only one that's not getting through and it's not happening all the time. I have an Exchange 5.5 SP4. I get reply when PING-ing smtp.aol.com, I tried to telnet the IP of smtp.aol.com on port 25, no connection "could not open connection to the host". What could be the problem? Thanks It looks like a DNS issue. Can you enter the command "tracert smtp.aol.com" and send to here... and can you ch...