FIB report

We are diagnosing an existing Great Plains installation that has a text file
called DYNFIB.txt in the Great Plains root directory of one of the
workstations.  This file contains some statistics about tables in the
company database... and one of the columns is titled "FIB."  It is a log of
some sort that is updated whenever one logs in to Great Plains.

We have been unable to determine what process starts this log... and have
not been very successful at finding information about FIB in SQL Books
Online.

Does anyone know the nature of these FIB statistics?

0
reade123 (29)

This file is generated by Dynamics/Dexterity.

When the user attempts to logout (or switch companies) and the system cannot
exit the datasource then a system call of some sort is made to generate this
file.  This file basically details what files are still open when the logout
happens.

It would seem then if this file exists there must be an issue.

From what I've seen however is that isn't always the case.

Basically you can see the issue:

1. delete any dynfib.txt
2. print any sop report
3. notice that the dynfib.txt comes back.

What I seem to recall from my testing is basically is that anything that
uses the DPS (or _can_ use the DPS such as posting, printing sop invoices,
etc) calls a login method, then the process, then a logout method.  Well if
the process runs locally the "login" fails because you are logged in.
That's OK.  Then the process (posting, print, etc) runs and that's OK too.
Then the logout runs but fails because you haven't exited the company for
real.  So the logout fails and this file is written as a debug/info kind of
thing.

The good news is that nothing is hurt.  You aren't disconneced from the
datasource (you can still open windows in GP w/o errors) and therefore the
existance of the file is misleading.  I think I wrote a bug up on this at
one point but I doubt it'll be fixed since it's is more an annoyance than a
"problem" and certainly doesn't cause any issues.

patrick
mbs dev support

"Micheal LoPatriello" <mlopat_at_lunadevelopment_dot_com> wrote in message
> Hi Ken,
>
> Sounds like it may be created by a third party add-on for GP. If you post
> (or email) me a copy of your Dynamics.set file, we can see what additional
> add-ons get initiated, and we may be able to track down which one creates
> this log.
>
> -Mike
> --
> Micheal LoPatriello
> Coordinator,
> Luna Development
> mlopat@lunadevelopment.com
> http://www.lunadevelopment.com
>

> "Ken A" wrote:
>
> > We are diagnosing an existing Great Plains installation that has a text
file
> > called DYNFIB.txt in the Great Plains root directory of one of the
> > workstations.  This file contains some statistics about tables in the
> > company database... and one of the columns is titled "FIB."  It is a log
of
> > some sort that is updated whenever one logs in to Great Plains.
> >
> > We have been unable to determine what process starts this log... and
have
> > not been very successful at finding information about FIB in SQL Books
> > Online.
> >
> > Does anyone know the nature of these FIB statistics?

0
prot1 (1345)
12/7/2006 1:34:09 AM
Wow, that's subtle...

Thanks, Patrick.  That's one for the books.

"Patrick [MSFT]" <prot@online.microsft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> > mlopat@lunadevelopment.com
> > http://www.lunadevelopment.com
> >

> > "Ken A" wrote:
> >
> > > We are diagnosing an existing Great Plains installation that has a
text
> file
> > > called DYNFIB.txt in the Great Plains root directory of one of the
> > > workstations.  This file contains some statistics about tables in the
> > > company database... and one of the columns is titled "FIB."  It is a
log
> of
> > > some sort that is updated whenever one logs in to Great Plains.
> > >
> > > We have been unable to determine what process starts this log... and
> have
> > > not been very successful at finding information about FIB in SQL Books
> > > Online.
> > >
> > > Does anyone know the nature of these FIB statistics?

page breaks in Report Writer
Hello: I think I know how to do this. But, I want to make sure. Let's say that you have a modified sales order processing invoice, and the invoice line items print on the second page of this lengthy invoice. But, the column headings, the invoice logo, subtotal and total fields headings, and well everything else that should be showing on the second page of the modified invoice does not go to the second page. Can this be fixed (i.e. "fixed in terms of getting the stuff to go to the next page") by creating Report Writer page breaks? I think page breaks were taken out of...

Conections report
How to see daily users conections in my SharePoint 3? Thanks! ...

Unable to upload reports CRM 3.0
I get the following error when I try to upload reports and the report doesn't use shared data source: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Exception of type Microsoft.Crm.CrmException was thrown. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: Exception of type Microsof...

Use dlookup in report with calculated field in form
In a form in Access 2003 I have a control, RoomGrade, calculating a percentage that corresponds with an inspection number, InspectionID. This percentage needs to show in the report with the corresponding InspectionID. So a text box for the data source with the following was added in the report with this formula =DLookUp("Forms!frmInspection1!RoomGrade","tblInspection","InspectionId =" & Forms!frmInspection1!InspectionId). I have reviewed the MSDN examples and Allen Browne's info and tried changing the syntax but keep coming up with a name o...

Generate PDF Bookmarks in MS Access 2007 Reports
I have Acrobat 9 Standard and generate numerous reports out of MS Access 2007 into the PDF Format. The reports are grouped, but I can only get a bookmark with the report's name. I need bookmarks for each group. How do I do that? I did this a while back using NitroPDF, it has functionality to scan the pdf looking for certain type of fonts and when it finds them it makes bookmarks. Example all group heading are in Arial 14, setup rules to scan for Arial 14 and make bookmarks. I never automated the process since the user I did it for only needed to do it for one pdf and they ...

Crystal Reports 9 Logon Failure
Hi there! I'm trying to log in to CRM 1.2 from Crystal Reports 9 (create New Connection) and I get the following error: Logon failed. Details: An error occurred while resolving logged on user IDs through the BizUser service. Any help? Thanks, Elena Are you able to log on to CRM otherwise, ie thru the web client or SFO? If not, check your server to make sure the CRM Security Service is started. If you still have problems, in Crystal are you using the "Trusted Connection" logon to create the connection? Are you logged into Crystal as a user who is also a licensed CRM user? &...

Weird characters and missing Calculated Fields
Could you please advice me how to fix the 2 problems in GP10 Report Writer. I have 2 modified reports -- one of them the Calculated Fields are missing, and the other modified report where the Calculated fields' name have weird characters. Please find the below links show the 2 screenshots of the 2 problem issues. http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/4149/20091005missingcalculat.png http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6564/20091002specialcharacte.png Did this happen as part of an update? If you export the report(s) to a package file and then open it up in Notepad, are the fields still missing...

Show Label & Text Box in Report based on Checkbox
Hi. I am attempting to show a label and textbox based on a checkbox in a report. The report is based on a SQL query joining two tables. The checkbox field is included in the query. Currently in the properties, I have the label and textbox .visible = false. I would like to set the label and textbox to visible when the checkbox response = Yes. I tried the OnLoad event of the form Private Sub Report_Load() If Checkbox = "Yes" Then Label.Visible = True Textbox.Visible = True End If End Sub This didn't work. Could someone help? I am unable to de...

Report Server Problem
We moved the CRM databases and the Report Server to a different SQL server, ran repair installation of the CRM server and enabled delegation of the CRM server. In CRM client the list of reports is shown. If a user tries to run a report he got following error message: An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Cannot create a connection to data source 'CRM'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection) Login failed for user '[domain]\[username]'. If the Domain admin (= CRM admin user) runs the report from the same machine the report is functional. It behaves ...

Reports 05-11-07
I'm not seeing any reports under the reports section in CRM. The reports are on the SRS server, but not showing up in the CRM client. Any suggestions? Figured it out. Needed to re-publish my reports after moving my CRM server. "Travis Callihan" wrote: > I'm not seeing any reports under the reports section in CRM. The reports are > on the SRS server, but not showing up in the CRM client. Any suggestions? ...

Report 03-30-07
I am having troubles when I run a Report I have it set to ask who to Bill To. Instead of typing the whole address is there a way I can just type the name of the company and in the report it will put the Name and address of the company? Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200703/1 Sure. In your query (upon which the report is based) just put criteria under the company name field. In that criteria put something like.. Like "*" & [Enter Partial Company Name] & "*" This will cause only the ...

Mortgage (P+I+T+I) categories grouped for reports???
Hi. In MS Money 2006 I split my mortgage transaction down into 4 categories: Mortgage - Principal Mortgage - Interest Mortgage - Taxes Mortgage - Insurance I would like for my total mortgage payment to show up in reports like the "Spending by Category" on the Money Home Page or in my Budget. I would also like to do the same thing for my paycheck. I want to be able to get the detail level, but want the total transaction amount to show up on reports. Does this make any sense? Is this possible? Here's how Money intends to solve this: 1) Create a Loan Account to model t...

How do display "paycheck" in report?
I'm using Money 2004 Small Business I'm running a month to date profit/loss report, which shows all income vs. expenses and a net worth. On the income part, my gross (no taxes taken out) paycheck amount shows. On the expense part, taxes on these paychecks show. I'd like to display only the net pay on the income part. Not gross. In my account listing, I use a split transaction to enter paychecks. On the "paycheck" window, I enter the gross paycheck amount on the "wages" tab and use the "taxes" tab to enter all related taxes. I finish and the cate...

Exporting Reports
How can I export a regular report that I run so that it's tab diliminated? I can do this when I try and change item prices etc, but I did not see how to export a report. Is this possible? -- Thank You,; Vince Vince, run the report, right click in the body and select export. the rest is self explanitory.. "Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4140F19B-4108-4EE7-A196-DFABFF195D27@microsoft.com... > How can I export a regular report that I run so that it's tab diliminated? > I > can do this when I try and change item prices...

Converting pivot table data to chart in report
Hi All, I have a queries to extract the information I need from the database and display them in a pivottable format suits my need perfertly fine. However right now everything I need a chart I will have to export the pivottable infortion to excel for charting. Is there a way to get "report" to produce a chart from a query pivottable? p.s. I spent a day playing around with report in Ms-Access, but just never get waht I wanted. Any link to tutorial on Ms-Access report creation would be great too. thanks. ...

Query/Report based on Employee Hire Date
This is probably a very basic thing that I just don't know how to do. I need to pull a report on people hired in December, regardless of year, for performance appraisals. The hire date that I currently have in the database is in the mm/dd/yyyy format. How do I sort on just the Month portion of this. I can then build my reports off of the query. Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions. Steve Add a calculated field to the query. Field: Month([Hire Date]) Criteria: 12 That gets everyone ever hired in the month of December. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005,...

Generating an Access Report that's "editable".
Is there a way of generating an Access report as a text file or Word document? In other words, that can be e-mailed and edited? I know that an Access report can be printed as a pdf, but a pdf print file is not generally editable. John -- ------------------------------------------------------- John S. Ford, MD, MPH Assistant Professor of Medicine David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA Harbor-UCLA Medical Center johnsfordmd@hotmail.com http://califmedicineman.blogspot.com yes, if i recall correctly, you can Output a report object to a .rtf doc (Rich Text File) which can be opened an...

Offline and Z report does not match
When the POS register goes in offline modes and they ring up sales in offline mode, than the register goes back online and syncs the data back to the server. The cashier goes to Z out the register and the Z report totals sales does not match. The detail sales report does show the correct sale totals, but when the computer goes into offline mode, it always screws up the Z report totals. Is there a reason way the Z report is always wrong when computer goes into offline mode? Thanks for your help Dave When the register goes off line, the original batch gets blind closed. When the regis...

Using demo reports for live company
I have the demo reports that come with portal. How do I get my live company to use those reports or are they pretty much for demo purposes only? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/e...

Bin to Bin report
Hola I am looking to create a Bin to Bin report either in Crystals or Report Writer that will show me movement of parts between bins,(the before and after) is this possible?. I am just looking for traceability of the parts when among bins. Can anyone help? I am running GP 7.5 with MS-SQL 2000. Thank you.. -- LOS There is not a report because there is no data to facilitate the report. The system does not track at a transaction level the bin movements. "Carlos" wrote: > Hola > > I am looking to create a Bin to Bin report either in Crystals or Report > Writer th...

Net Worth Report and Account Register Don't Match
Since converting my files to Money2004 Deluxe, I now have several accounts where the balance in "net worth report" or the home page summary does not match the balance for the same date in the account register. By posting an adjusting entry in the accounty register, I can "trick" the net worth reports and the home page summary to show the correct numbers, but then my register is off--the discrepancy remains. Does any one know how to fix this bug? Thanks! Marco In microsoft.public.money, Marco wrote: >ince converting my files to Money2004 Deluxe, I now have &g...

Recognizing comma separators in reports
I have a field in my database that contains numerous records, separated by a comma (for example: apple, banana, orange, pear). When I add the field to a report in Access, it is displayed as a single line of horizontal data (as in the example). I want the data to appear in a vertical format (shown below): apple banana orange pear Any thoughts on how to format the field to change the presentation of the data? I would be willing to change the source data from comma separators to something else if that would provide the desired end result. I am a new Access user so I would appreciate a...

Pivot Table Report
Hello, I have a pivot table linked to an Access database. I want to sum 2 of the columns. I already have them in the data area (where summed data should be). I'm trying to sum the 2 colymns at the bottom within the pivot table area? ...

Time Clock reporting
I understand that in RMS you can punch in and punch out using CTRL/SHIFT f4 at the POS. My question is where do I run a report for this? ( Iam looking for the actual time clock report for payroll purposes- not the report that shows when a cashier logs in and out of rms) Thanks- Andrea There is an Active Report( http://tinyurl.com/8qzj6 ) and a Crystal Report( http://tinyurl.com/9uy5w ) in the Reports Library or Jean Holland has one on her site you can download for free, just have to register. Jean's and the Crystal Report includes a couple of extra fields for the actual time and da...

gap sub report
Hi I am tring to design a report using the format of a repairs claim form supplied by a customer I am using a sub report to enter the parts used which is on the right hand of the page. My problem is that the subreport creates a gap in the report on the left hand side of the form. Any sugestion how I can remove this gap ? cjgav wrote: >I am tring to design a report using the format of a repairs claim form >supplied by a customer I am using a sub report to enter the parts used which >is on the right hand of the page. My problem is that the subreport creates a >gap in the rep...