Exporting Customization Forms and Reports

When we exporrting the customized forms and reports, we wish if can
exporting them by Module/Related Name for e.g. we can export the customized
HR forms and screen to one package but when its come to POP, SOP, Payroll for
example they categorized under Great Plains so its diffecult to saperate them.

We need that becouse when we do importing any customization to our customer
we need to import only related to module that regitser for the customer not
every thing

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7a2181a2-ebe5-4233-b100-d162ab9d6f30&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Marhoon (28)

Sort columns under Customize Entities
I can´t sort the columns in the view of an entity under Customize Entities. When I click on a column it should be green and after that I should have the ability to move it left or right. Now it still appear as grey and I have no chance to move the column. I have added the URL to the local intranet zone in Explorer... Hi Martin, This is a javascript limitation on your internet browser which is preventing the Column being selected - this usually occurs when you access MSCRM directly from a Windows 2003 Server where the default Internet Explorer settings are pretty strict. If you acc...

Customer Source Questions limited to one computer
Anyone knows why you can only post questions on CustomerSource from only one computer? I work on two computers and can only enter questions from one of the computers. I can view from any computer. ...

Deleting Customer Records
We are attempting to clean up our data and want to remove some old customer master records that were imported from our old accounting system. When we try to delete the customer, we are not allowed because GP says there are transactions that exist for this customer. We're sure we have not transacted against this customer record in GP, and a customer transaction inquiry also shows no transactions. Is there any way to determine why we are not being allowed to delete these customers? Perhaps there is a field somewhere populated that can be modified to allow customer deletio...

programatically read closed form/report caption
Hi all, Can this be done? I have a combo box on a form that is set to the "Name" field of the sysobjects table. I use it to select a report to open. I would like the combo box to display the caption or something less db'ish than the actual object name Thanks in advance, NickX Nick X <Nicknnator (no) @ (spam) aol.123com> wrote: >Can this be done? I have a combo box on a form that is set to the "Name" >field of the sysobjects table. I use it to select a report to open. I would >like the combo box to display the caption or something less db'...

how to get subitem tooltips for owner-draw fixed list control in report view.
Hi , I am working on customizing controls for changing look and feel. I need to support subitem tooltips for owner draw fixed list control in report view. When I set LVS_OWNERDRAWFIXED style in report mode, even though I was on subitem level, tooltip was shown on main item with main item text. If I didn't set LVS_OWNERDRAWFIXED style tooltips are showing fine. I can't avoid this style as it is causing other painting problems. What are the events to be handled? Please suggest solution. one more clarification required: MSDN help says LVN_GETINFOTIP notification is only sent by list-...

Scan Forms
Is it posible to scan A form from scaner as image or what ever work, so I can use this form again on my PC and be able to fil form, does any program help in that, Thank you Sam Not in one step. It would involve scanning it in as OCR, correcting whatever errors occurred in that process, cleaning it up, and then converting it to a form. It's not you'd be able to do in 5 minutes. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Sam Z" <Sam Z@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47818284-84EE-42B4-8103-154A8D61102E@microsoft.com... > Is it posible...

Date Based report
What is the best way to run a report with the following date criteria: Daily ,weekly,Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly. I realize that I can enter an [start date] & [end date ] in a expression however the above reports are ones that are consistently required. I would like the user to simply select their choice. TIA ...

Form Dirty Property
I am having difficulty in exploiting the ‘On Dirty’ property of forms. Sometimes it works as expected but, more often than not, changes to controls bound to table fields fail to trigger the On Dirty event. I am then forced to associate each amendable control with an After Update event. That invariably works but, with a dozen or more amendable controls on a form, the resulting code can look pretty clumsy. There is something that I have clearly not understood. Can anyone enlighten me? I just want to take appropriate action when any control on a form is updated or amended. -- Peter ...

Data Form Deletions
Annoying for years, but perhaps the is an alternative I haven't discovered; When finding records using the Data Form based on Criteria, the recordset is restricted to only those which match the Criteria. However, if you delete those found records one at a time (using the Form's delete button), once you delete the last _matching_ record the next records in the list appear in the form -- even though they _do not_ match the criteria. I realize it is a matter of user recognition to notice that, but I can't begin to quantify the number of users who have gon on to delete those add...

order form with multiple items and sizes for items
I need a form that has columns for different types of clothing with each article having columns for sizes. Thanks If you describe the layout of your worksheet, and the problem you're having, someone may be able to help. There's a sample order form here that may help you get started: http://www.contextures.com/xlOrderForm01.html And information on the INDEX/MATCH functions: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html Bernard56 wrote: > I need a form that has columns for different types of clothing with each > article having columns for sizes. > Thanks -- D...

setup csv file for export to autoresponder
setup csv file, using excel, for export to autoresponder ...

customizing CRM Home Main Window.
Hello all, do you know if there is a easy way to customize the home main window, i just want to add a simple text and logo image. Thanks in advance, rigo. There is no easy way. Changing the home page would require you to modify the code and that is not supported. "Rigo" <rigo_castillo1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:058101c38e9c$5d22f400$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hello all, > > do you know if there is a easy way to customize the home > main window, i just want to add a simple text and logo > image. > > Thanks in advance, > rigo. You can change ...

Could Workflow be used to create ID numbers for a custom entity?
Hello, I have created a custom entity called "Feature Requests" with a custom attribute called "ID". I am not a developer and would like to know if I could use Workflow to create unique ID numbers for the records being submitted by users. If yes, can you point me towards an example. This would be a stop gap measure until I can get a developer to do a plug in or an Onload Jscript (or I buy a book and learn Jscript....). Thanks, -- M. Milton ...

Default Customer Checkbook ID does not default in Cash Receipts En
Hi! This is a weird situation and I can't seem to replicate it on my local install. My client and I are both on GP 8.0 g 44. I am accessing their GP via Terminal Server. On my local install, the checkbook on my Customer Card (Customer Account Maintenance) defaults in to the cash receipts entry window as soon as I select the Customer ID. However on my client nothing defaults in -- I made sure that there is a checkbook identified on the Customer Accounts Maintenance window. Has anyone encountered this? Thanks in advance. -- Marisol Mortera ...

open 2003 db in 2007
i have a database created in a previous version of access and i have opened it in 2007. i want to export a report to excel, but the excel option is greyed out. what is wrong? xin wrote: >i have a database created in a previous version of access and i have opened >it in 2007. i want to export a report to excel, but the excel option is >greyed out. what is wrong? I think they removed that capability because it caused so much trouble or only worked in very specific circumstances. The solution to your problem is the same as it was in earlier versions: Export the report's rec...

Print GL Account Desc on PO Blank Form
Hi, I've successfully added the GL Account Number to the printed form via KB859289. The instructions for that linked a table and then in the calculated field, it did: Function_Script(RW_GetAccountNumber POP_POLine.Inventory Index) Now, I am trying to add the Account Description. There is a core function called RW_GetAccountNumDesc. I tried Function_Script(RW_GetAccountNumDesc POP_POLine.Inventory Index) but that did not work. I also tried Function_Script(RW_GetAccountNumDesc AccountNumber) where AccountNumber is the calculated field from the KB859289 article. Anyone have any sugges...

cmd button on form to run report
I have a dba that keeps track of clients and progress notes. i have a report that runs from a query that will show the notes for each client within a given week (i have parameters for dates). i put a cmd button on my form that will run the report when clicked on. What i want is when the cmd button is clicked on and the dates are entered into the parameters that the report on shows the current record on the form example if i open the form and go to mickey mouse and click on the cmd button, i want it to run the report and only show me notes for mickey mouse. right now when i click o...

Using Form to Build SQL Statement
I have a form that gives a user three methods to dynamically filter an existing report. Two of the selections are combo-boxes (Supplier and Part No). The user selects a supplier(s), part number(s) then may select from an options group (fraNCR_View) to determine if they want to see one of three options: NCRs, NO NCRs or Both (either with or without an entry in the NCR No field). The trouble I'm having is viewing "Both". After selecting a Supplier and Part No, NCR works (view the Supplier/Part No with NCRs), NO NCR works (view Supplier/Part No without NCRs), but Both displays all...

Reports from rows
I need to send one row at a time (or multiple selected rows), on command via a button, to a printed, one record per page, report. I can send the record to another worksheet or a Word document. What is the best way to accomplish this? I am limited to working in Excel 97. Thanks in advance. If you're printing the report, maybe just applying data|filter autofilter and going through each unique entry would be sufficient (then print). Or just keep the headers(???), hide everything but the first data line, print, hide everything but the second, print. and so forth then show everythi...

select specific printer for report
I am trying to select a specific label printer for a report in Access 2007. In Page Setup, I can pick the printer, but then the info doesn't stay put after I leave the dialog box and preview the report. What's happening? It worked in previous versions. Anyone have a fix? On Jul 5, 1:48 pm, smitty <smi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to select a specific label printer for a report in Access 2007. > In Page Setup, I can pick the printer, but then the info doesn't stay put > after I leave the dialog box and preview the report. What's happ...

CRM 1.2 Reporting on Billable Time?
Where is resolved cases Billable Time reported? ...

Crystal Reports for CRM
I am using Crystal Reports with CRM I am trying to create a report that uses a join with the mscrm database and our financial application database. A query using this join works fine in Query Analyzer. However, when I try to build a report in Crystal, I don't get any records returned when I specify fields from both databases. If I sepcify fields from only one database (either one), then the report is populated with records. I checked my table links in Crystal and they are the same as the join criteria I used in Query Analyzer. Does anyone have any idea what I am missing? Or perhaps ...

Form Runs Non-Existing Function
Access 2007 sp2. I've run the same function form the On Close of a form for years. Curious I wanted to see what the code was. A subsequent search of all 4 code modules did not turn up the function name. When I remove the function name form the On Close of the form the code does not run so I know the function is somewhere. I'm even showing hidden and system objects in the nav bar. In design view of the form when I click the ellipse button (...) next to the On Close the expression builder comes up with the function name in the top window. Please tell me I'm not going c...

Report Layout for Vertical and Horizontal
I am setting up a report that pulls information from two differant tables. The data has a list of reasons that people have called our flor support personal. I am trying to to show the data grouped by reason type and then a total number recieved per month. The layaout should look like this: Reason Jan Feb Mar Apr May RT ## ## ## ## ## RT ## ## ## ## ## RT ## ## ## ## ## RT ## ## ## ## ## I've tried pulling the report from the tables and also from a query. What do I need to do to get the ...

Data Migration Framework should allow custom entities
Data Migration Framework shoul allow importing data to custom entities. -- Luis Panzano Renacimiento Sistemas Microsoft GOLD Certified Partner http://lpanzano.spaces.live.com/ ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/...