Executing change event with out tabbing off from a filed (DEX or VBA)

Hi,

Scenario :

A field in a GP form, I have my cursor in that field. When I enter
data in to it, I need to split that string and insert the splitted
string in to two text boxes
(I will not be doing tab off from the field).

EG:
String which will be entered : 111112
I need to split the string into two strings
string1 : 11111
string2 : 2
As soon as data entry is done the splitting should happen (to string1
and string2). And string2 , ie 2 should be inserted in to a field say
quantity.

If I enter data and do tab off from the field it is working fine. The
requirement is ,as soon as data is entered without tabbing off this
functionality needs to be achieved. In dexterity  change event and
post event of a field didn=92t worked for this. I need do tab out to
execute the code.

In Visual Basic there is an event called change, in which this can be
achieved =96We tried out using VBA and not able to get the change event
executed
without tabbing off, instead I am able to see and event called Changed
(in this event also we need to tab off to execute the code).

Looking forward to get a suggestion-solution regarding this.
0
hisreeji (1)

How would an event be triggered if there is no sight of the completion of
that event? In other words, how would an application in any event-driven
language know that data entry has been completed on a particular field, if
there is no such action to indicate such completion has occurred. That's why
fields needs to either acquire focus, change focus, or change value for an
event to be executed in response.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"hisreeji@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Scenario :
>
> A field in a GP form, I have my cursor in that field. When I enter
> data in to it, I need to split that string and insert the splitted
> string in to two text boxes
> (I will not be doing tab off from the field).
>
> EG:
> String which will be entered : 111112
> I need to split the string into two strings
> string1 : 11111
> string2 : 2
> As soon as data entry is done the splitting should happen (to string1
> and string2). And string2 , ie 2 should be inserted in to a field say
> quantity.
>
> If I enter data and do tab off from the field it is working fine. The
> requirement is ,as soon as data is entered without tabbing off this
> functionality needs to be achieved. In dexterity  change event and
> post event of a field didn’t worked for this. I need do tab out to
> execute the code.
>
> In Visual Basic there is an event called change, in which this can be
> achieved –We tried out using VBA and not able to get the change event
> executed
> without tabbing off, instead I am able to see and event called Changed
> (in this event also we need to tab off to execute the code).
>
> Looking forward to get a suggestion-solution regarding this.

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
4/16/2009 3:02:03 PM
That isn't going to be possible in VBA.  There is not an event equivalent to
the keypress/change (per character) in dexterity as in vba/.net.

patrick
dev support

<hisreeji@gmail.com> wrote in message
[...]

prot1 (1345)
4/17/2009 2:47:34 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_B34252E9

Here is a thought.

If you create a composite field (like account number) with a series of single character components with no separator in the format, it
should be possible to use the Component-based scripts (look it up in dex help) to have script work as each character is typed.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.

------=_NextPart_0001_B34252E9

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang3081{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Here is a thought.
\par
\par If you create a composite field (like account number) with a series of single character components with no separator in the format, it should be possible to use the Component-based scripts (look it up in dex help) to have script work as each character is typed.
\par
\par David Musgrave [MSFT]
\par Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
\par Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
\par
\par Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
\par
\par mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
\par
\par Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_B34252E9--

0
dmusgrav7144 (312)
4/17/2009 8:11:20 AM
This still does not answer the question as to how do you know when the data
entry has been completed? You are assuming that all characters in the
composite field will be entered. Even if you create 20 individual
single-character fields as part of a composite, if the user fills in 10 you
will not be able to tell whether data entry has been completed from a logical
perspective.

In the example, 111112 needs to be split as 11111 and 2, but how would you
establish that the user meant 11111, 2 and not 11111, 22222, 3333, etc.
That's my point.

Unless there are clear rules defined as to what constitutes completeness of
data entry, I am not sure this is possible.

Best regards,
--

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> Here is a thought.
>
> If you create a composite field (like account number) with a series of single character components with no separator in the format, it
> should be possible to use the Component-based scripts (look it up in dex help) to have script work as each character is typed.
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
> Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
>
> mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
> http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
MarianoGomez (3440)

How do I get Excel to open a previously saved file?
With Excel not opened, all of sudden when I try to open an existing Excel file, it only opens a blank workbook. I then have to repeat the action of opening the file from the blank workbook. I am not sure what has happened but I have always just been able to just click on the Excel file I want to open and it would automatically open Excel and the intended file. Please advise hi, check this....... Tools>options>general Tab... Make sure that Ignore other applications is unchecked. that's all i can think of Regards FSt1 "Jeff S" wrote: > With Excel not opened, all of ...

Mystery price changes-anybody experienced????
When I have been updating items in Manager, sometimes the price from the previous item automatically populates and changes on the next item. Has anybody experienced this? Very frustrating. Any suggestions? Apply the latest hotfix for RMS. This will resolve the issue. Mihir Diviasoft, Inc www.diviasoft.com "knightsbridge" <knightsbridge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BF21959-BD09-4005-B635-409A2EBD4570@microsoft.com... > When I have been updating items in Manager, sometimes the price from the > previous item automatically populates and changes o...

duplex printing question, change record order to line up with other side?
i have a report that i need to make the opposite side match up with the correct record. it is setup to print 4 records, 2 across then 2 below. like 4 post cards on a landscape page. records for each customer need to match up with the mailing address on the reverse side. so the records are switched if i were to make the report right now. basicly records start 1 and 2 on the top of the landscaped page then 3 and 4 under. so on the reverse side records need to be 2 and 1 then 4 and 3 under. i havent made the opposite side for mailing address yet. i need some info on how i need to do this....

SD card
For Win CE 5.0/6.0 I'm supposed to implement a feature as follows:- Store a "configuration file - like *.ini " in SD card and when system starts up, need to read that ini file and do several things like set a flag to turn some LED on/off, assign network adpater with IP settings, provide a URL to jump to etc., which our customer will cuztomize at their discretion based on how they want system to startup by default. How to go about doing this ?. Any tips will be really helpful regards, GS-ICN On Feb 1, 10:40=A0pm, "GS" <madan...@gmail.com> w...

Cannot capture IE 5 mouse events
I’m trying to capture IE mouse events from VC++. First I subscribed to IHTMLDocumentEvents2, interface and look for HTMLDOCUMENTEVENTS2_ONCLICK Event.( Within a subclass of CHtmlView ) However I don’t get the notification when the actual event happens. Same code works in Win XP with IE 6. Subscription code is as follows ……….. IHTMLDocument2 * pElem ; // valid pointer to HTMLDocument2 …. LPUNKNOWN pUnkSink = GetIDispatch(FALSE); HRESULT hr; IConnectionPointContainer* pCPC = NULL; // Check that this is a connectable object. hr = pElem->QueryInterface( IID_IConnectionPointContainer, ...

Change date format on report
My date displays as mddyy in the table but on the report I'd like it to display as mm/dd/yyyy, how would I code that to have that field always display in mm/dd/yyyy format. I'm thinking this is very simple but I just can't get it to work for me. Thank so much for your help. On May 2, 1:50 pm, SITCFanTN <SITCFa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My date displays as mddyy in the table but on the report I'd like it to > display as mm/dd/yyyy, how would I code that to have that field always > display in mm/dd/yyyy format. I'm thinking this is very simple...

Why does spell check change to English(US) on replies/forwards?
My default language is set to English(UK) spell checker reverts to English (US) when replying or forwarding messages. How can I change this so it is always English(UK)?Cheers,Tom ...

Running two files simultaneously....
Can you run two MS Money files at the same time? I have one for personal use and one for business use, but am always having to close out of one and open the other. I'd love to be able to have a window for each open at the same time in order to view information.....MS Money 2001 Simultaneously? No. "william" <turnerinsurance@epride.net> wrote in message news:4c5a01c490f1$37b36bc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can you run two MS Money files at the same time? I have > one for personal use and one for business use, but am > always having to close out of one and open t...

run an excel file remotely
Hi all i got an excel application that generates reports from underlying pivot tables. the reports are generated using excel 2003. but most of the clients donot have licenses for 2003 and some of the features of 2003 cannot be used when the file is opened from the client system. for example GETPIVOTDATA is not very flexible as it was in 2003 version. So is it possible to run the excel application from the server without being copied to the client system. This also helps in maintaing single version of the excel file rather than multiple versions on each client system. Thanks in adva...

Combo Box changes after Microsoft Upgrade.
I have WindowsXP and Access2003. I have a Combo Box on a form used for finding a particular record. After downloading and installing the Office2003 upgrade (Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3)), one of the columns (a text) Combo Box is blank. This remains blank even if I create a new Combo Box. Also, going back to a application backup I made in January2007, this column has become blank too. The Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3) is the only event which has occurred. Please help, Frank And, you've hit the nail on the head. It is SP3 which is causing this issue. From what I u...

creating a file of particular extension
dear friends, i am using ms access 2003, vb6. i want to create a file of extension ".gms" . how can i do this? also after creating it, i want to run it with default viewer application( default opening application for that particular type extension). how can i do this? thanq There's nothing magic about file extensions: you can use whatever you want. To associate your extension with a specific application, see what Randy Birch has at http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/reg/association.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "r...

Sumproduct
I am using Sumproduct with three variables (Person, Product and Month). I am using data validation lists for the end user to select the person, product and month. I would like to be able to add a "Total" to the person list so that when the end user chooses "Total" and a product and month that the Sumproduct would only use the two other criteria (Product and Month) and be able to see the totals of those criteria for all Persons. I know I could nest IF THEN statements with the Sumproduct, but is there a better way??? Appreciate the help! No, an IF/THEN m...

address tabs
When you view the address book by going into Tools, then clicking on the address book, it brings up the address. Where it says NAME, E-MAIL ADDRESS,BUSINESS PHONE, HOME PHONE is there any way to get it to show MOBILE PHONE???? ...

VBA code in PPT2007
Can anyone help with the following: I want a vba code which will take me to the second previously viewed slide minus 1. Example: Slide #3 is viewed. An action button then takes the viewer to slide#7. Another action button takes the viewer to slide #10. On slide #10 I would like there to be an action button connected to a macro that will take the viewer directly to slide #2. (To the previous slide viewed (#7), then the next previous slide viewed (#3), then to the slide positioned just before slide #3 (#2). Can this be done? Thanks. RJ On 5/5/10 1:55 PM, RJ wrote: &g...

Refreshing tab problem
Hi to all, I do not know if anyone can help me on this one. I have a form that contains a tab control with 15 tabs on it, tab 1 contains approx 120 fields, half of them are calulated fields that are being updated on the current event of the form thru a private sub. On the tab control, I have 6 page with 1 subfrm on it, 2 pages with 4, 1 page with either 6,7 or 9 subfrm, very few subs are failry complex but most of them contains less than 25 controls on them. Loading the main form that have the tab control takes less than 1 sec. The pages are program to be loaded on a per demand...

About Gif files
Hi, i need information regarding to how to emedded gif files in a dll. so that, that dll work as a library of gif files. How can i do that? Thanks in advance regards, koti Read this about creating a resource only dll. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_Create_a_Resource.2d.Only_DLL.asp Then you can import you gif files by bring up the new resource dialog from resource view, and select import. Once you select the gif file the program will ask you what type it is. Type in GIF. And you are set. AliR. "Ram" &l...

Can't Use Outlook after changing Servers
Moved users from one server to another. Users map USER folder to U:\ drive, no chnage there. After move when trying to open Outlook it stops with an error that there is a security problem with the .pst file. There is none I can find. Tried deleting Outlook profile for user and installing a new one, came up with same pst file. tried adding a second pst file and get the same security violation, No other files have problems, WORD or Excel. ideas?? dave Admin ...

How to change the year?
I have a date column in my work sheet where I have enterred the year as 2005, but actually should be 2001. The cell format is date-month-year. My date range is B5:B55. How can I change the year on only for the dates in this range. Thanks. Victor Victor, The difference between a 2001 and a 2005 date is 1461. So do this: Put 1461 in a cell. Copy. Select B5:B55. Edit - Paste Special. Click "Values" and "Subtract." OK. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "la90292" <la90292@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:ebnzG62qFHA.3720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gb...

Open file(2) from file(1) and then close file(1)
I need to open a file(2) when I open file(1) and then close file(1) File(1) name can change so I need variables. sequence will be Open File(1) Open File(2)... I do it by the following macro: Public LaunchFile As String 'in this public variable I want to keep file(1) name Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim lDir, lFile, lFileMtr As String lDir = Sheets("launch").Range("B2") & "\" 'direction of my file to open lFile = Sheets("launch").Range("B3") & ".xls" 'file name to openm lFi...

Backing Up Files
I have just finished a back-up of my files as of June 30th, It took 5 DVD's to complete using the "Back Up Program" on my Vista Home Premium, 32 bit start menu. Does this sound reasonable? If it became necessary to restore my files following a hard disc problem, would all my spreadsheets, letters, programs, registry, desk top, etc. be restored to the condition they are now? If not, what would likely be lost? As you see, I am not very knowledgeable concerning computer details. Thanks for any help you can offer. Gene L. On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 08:03:55 -0400, &qu...

Can this VBA for work on text files be modified for a different job ?
I have been using the code below (which, from memory, came from the M-Soft site before I hashed it about) successfully to open 2 text files, appending the whole of one file to the end of the other, then deleting the source file. Now a new task is to; - update all text files in a specified folder by appending a new record. This is to be a daily routine, and there should end up being about 800 to 1000 text files to be updated. - The information for the record that is appended to each file comes from a single text file each day (source file). - The first column of this 'source file' ho...

macro to make different tabs in a same sheet
i have a column in my spreadsheet where there are different names can u suggest a macro which makes different tabs in that same exce workbook with the names of different ppl in front of names there is data, i want that data to be transferre also along with the respective names in that tab thank u frnd -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try this example The names are in column A of a sheet named Sheet1 Sub test() Dim cell As Range Dim WSNew As Worksheet For Each cell In Sheets("Sheet1").Columns("A").Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants) Set ...

recovering pst file from documents and settings\Admin
Several computer techs have been unable to get my system out of a safe mode loop. I have made that HD a slave. I have recovered all the data by my outlook file (pst). The Documents and setting etc directory and access to files are protected by the Administrator sceutiry. I really neet to recover my Outlook mail file. How can I do it? Please giv eme a Christmas present by telling me how. Merry Christmas to ALL Are you the administrator? If so then you need to point your emai profile to use this .pst as your data file ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message po...

change range for multiple charts
Hi I need to change the range for multiple charts, i.e. i have to go chart by chart and modify, either with the mouse or by typing, the new range, is there a quicker way to do this? "Yossi evenzur" wrote: > Hi > I need to change the range for multiple charts, i.e. i have to go chart by > chart and modify, either with the mouse or by typing, the new range, is there > a quicker way to do this? I've written a little Excel add-in that performs mass edits of series formulas: How to Edit Series Formulas http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/how-to-edit...

Change PST?
I installed a new Outlook (XP) and have my old backup PST file on a disk. I want the default data location to be of my choosing. I assume I copy that data where I want it but how do I import it? "bobnewman backup.pst.pst". I am totally confused, both by the lack of documentation (that I can find) and the backup file name. I hope someone can help. Bob I found it! Thanks anyway. Bob "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@att.net> wrote in message news:vD%7d.2900$TY2.272@lakeread04... > I installed a new Outlook (XP) and have my old backup PST file on a disk. I > want t...