Excel Reports and Business Portal

Hi,

Can the new functionality of Excel Reports within Dynamics GP be published
and viewed on BP4 in any way?

Are there any things to consider regards the location of the ODC file and
reports in a complex security environment, and where both thock clients and
Citrix are used?

--
Thank you

Neil
0
NeilPalmer (76)

------=_NextPart_0001_03156EF8

Hello,

Thanks for posting to Newsgroups.

The new Excel reports can be deployed to a SharePoint Report Center, which
you will have if you installed BP on MOSS when using the Site Collection
Template of 'Collaboration Portal'. The Reports will get deployed to the
Report Library and the data connections to the Data Connections area of the
Report Center.

In regard to security considerations, I would advise reviewing KB article
949524 titled "Frequently asked questions about the new Excel Report
Integration in Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0" for details on security for the
reports. Reports will be able to be accessed from within GP, or you can set
up security to the reports in the Report Center if you deployed there and
individuals can also access the same reports there as well.

Regards,
Jerad
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
 to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!
Let us know what you think by posting
       from the web interface: Partner Feedback
       from your newsreader:
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
We look forward to hearing from you!
------=_NextPart_0001_03156EF8

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello,
\par
\par Thanks for posting to Newsgroups.
\par
\par The new Excel reports can be deployed to a SharePoint Report Center, which you will have if you installed BP on MOSS when using the Site Collection Template of 'Collaboration Portal'. The Reports will get deployed to the Report Library and the data connections to the Data Connections area of the Report Center.
\par
\par In regard to security considerations, I would advise reviewing KB article 949524 titled "Frequently asked questions about the new Excel Report Integration in Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0" for details on security for the reports. Reports will be able to be accessed from within GP, or you can set up security to the reports in the Report Center if you deployed there and individuals can also access the same reports there as well.
\par
\par Regards,
\par Jerad
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
\par  to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par Let us know what you think by posting
\par        from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par        from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_03156EF8--

0
jplesuk (118)

How do I create a sample in Excel?

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Inconsistent Free/Busy information
When booking appointments I am seeing the following problem: When I view someone's free/busy information the graph that represents the meetings does not reflect what is in the calendar. But when I mouse over the graph (for example a blue line representing a meeting from 10am - 11am) I do see the correct time in the mouse over pop up window. So a meeting from 10am - 11am represented by a graph line from 10am -10:30am when mouse'd over would correctly show the meeting as being from 10am - 11am. This is causing a small amount of havoc for my user community because when they s...

Date display in Excel

Excel and some disappeared sheets

Can you delete Business Alerts?

Reporting IRA distributions
I have an IRA account with corresponding cash account. I am trying to get the distribution from the IRA to show up as "Retirement Income" in the Tax-Related Transactions report. How to do it? The distributions are handled as a transfer from the IRA Investment cash acct to a checking account. Thanks for any help. Money 99, BTW. Do I need to upgrade to a later version? ...

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Mail Merge to business cards
I am working on a huge project for work, creating Employee Photo ID cards. I have created a database for all the information including a hyperlink column for the photos. and am using business cards to print them on. I have two frustrating problems... 1. The pictures aren't loading into the cards. 2. I continue to get the error message "Publisher cannont merge with this number of pages" even though I have followed the instructions for the workaround. Any suggestions? Thanks Rita ...

Custom reports #3

Root Business Unit Disabled 10-07-05
I inadvertently disabled the root business unit. Now I cannot log in as the administrator was member of the same unit. How do I re-enable this? go into the database and find the table called businessunitbase - then look at the field called isdisabled. You will probably find this is set to 1. try set it to 0 then see if you can logon. Make sure you backup the database before doing this "ril" <ril@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCC43C2F-F109-49BE-A4AC-287AFE0F4D93@microsoft.com... >I inadvertently disabled the root business unit. Now I cannot log in a...

Excel error 1706

Mail merge from excel
I am trying to merge a list of names from excel into publisher. When using the mail merge wizard it wont let me load the names all it says is f1 and f2. what am I doing wrong? any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Excel Jululian 04-24-10
Good morning please help i have a lists of names and i want to separate each in a colum like You Light Up My Life197711 You Light Up My Life (in one colum "A") 1977 (in one colum "B") 1 (in one colum "C") 1 (in one colum "E") regards First many thanks on your reply the text are different in length regards "מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote: > 'Data' > 'Text to Columns' > 'Next' > mark/un-mark the vertical separators as > shown in the picture > 'Finish' >...

Opening Excel email attachments
When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find suitable program.I then go online to find Excel but only get Uopdates. PC is XP version with Works Suite 2002. A fe months back my dear wife was downloading Excel an got board with waiting and shut down the PC! Any suggestions. Thanks Karl Hi there's no legal way to download Excel!! You have to buy< an Excel version and install it on your PC (or try to open the file with MS Works - but live with the restricted functionality) >-----Original Message----- >When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find >suitable progra...