Estimated Data size for 3-5 years

Dears,

I was looking for a document that give me an idea or talking about how to 
estimate Microsoft Dynamics GP database Growth and size. Any one could help 
me in this?

I found an article on MSDN but it is about SQL server and it needs to go 
throw all GP tables and finde the size of each field and calulate that number.

I have the following GP system:
POP module
FA module
And Financial Module

Any help?

Best regards,
0
3/19/2007 1:54:02 PM
greatplains 29623 articles. 6 followers. Follow

3 Replies
522 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 59

Hi Hasan,
It really depends on the number of transactions that go through your system. 
If I had to guess at an average, I would say a database in use for 3-5 years 
would be only a couple of a gigabytes, but this varies dramaticaly based on 
the number of transactions.

-Mike

-- 
Micheal LoPatriello
Coordinator,
Luna Development
mlopat@lunadevelopment.com
http://www.lunadevelopment.com


"Hasan Ghannam" wrote:

> Dears,
> 
> I was looking for a document that give me an idea or talking about how to 
> estimate Microsoft Dynamics GP database Growth and size. Any one could help 
> me in this?
> 
> I found an article on MSDN but it is about SQL server and it needs to go 
> throw all GP tables and finde the size of each field and calulate that number.
> 
> I have the following GP system:
> POP module
> FA module
> And Financial Module
> 
> Any help?
> 
> Best regards,
0
mlopat (88)
3/19/2007 4:10:13 PM
Thank you Micheal for your response.

I get your point. If the number of transaction will be as following 500 
transaction per month on POP module. and anothre 1000 transaction per month 
on FA & Financial Module? what is the size will be in this case?

Regards,

"Micheal LoPatriello" wrote:

> Hi Hasan,
> It really depends on the number of transactions that go through your system. 
> If I had to guess at an average, I would say a database in use for 3-5 years 
> would be only a couple of a gigabytes, but this varies dramaticaly based on 
> the number of transactions.
> 
> -Mike
> 
> -- 
> Micheal LoPatriello
> Coordinator,
> Luna Development
> mlopat@lunadevelopment.com
> http://www.lunadevelopment.com
> 
> 
> "Hasan Ghannam" wrote:
> 
> > Dears,
> > 
> > I was looking for a document that give me an idea or talking about how to 
> > estimate Microsoft Dynamics GP database Growth and size. Any one could help 
> > me in this?
> > 
> > I found an article on MSDN but it is about SQL server and it needs to go 
> > throw all GP tables and finde the size of each field and calulate that number.
> > 
> > I have the following GP system:
> > POP module
> > FA module
> > And Financial Module
> > 
> > Any help?
> > 
> > Best regards,
0
3/19/2007 4:23:43 PM
That's pretty light duty for Dynamics GP and I would estimate somewhere in 
the nighborhood of 3GB over a 5 year span.

-Mike

-- 
Micheal LoPatriello
Coordinator,
Luna Development
mlopat@lunadevelopment.com
http://www.lunadevelopment.com


"Hasan Ghannam" wrote:

> Thank you Micheal for your response.
> 
> I get your point. If the number of transaction will be as following 500 
> transaction per month on POP module. and anothre 1000 transaction per month 
> on FA & Financial Module? what is the size will be in this case?
> 
> Regards,
> 
> "Micheal LoPatriello" wrote:
> 
> > Hi Hasan,
> > It really depends on the number of transactions that go through your system. 
> > If I had to guess at an average, I would say a database in use for 3-5 years 
> > would be only a couple of a gigabytes, but this varies dramaticaly based on 
> > the number of transactions.
> > 
> > -Mike
> > 
> > -- 
> > Micheal LoPatriello
> > Coordinator,
> > Luna Development
> > mlopat@lunadevelopment.com
> > http://www.lunadevelopment.com
> > 
> > 
> > "Hasan Ghannam" wrote:
> > 
> > > Dears,
> > > 
> > > I was looking for a document that give me an idea or talking about how to 
> > > estimate Microsoft Dynamics GP database Growth and size. Any one could help 
> > > me in this?
> > > 
> > > I found an article on MSDN but it is about SQL server and it needs to go 
> > > throw all GP tables and finde the size of each field and calulate that number.
> > > 
> > > I have the following GP system:
> > > POP module
> > > FA module
> > > And Financial Module
> > > 
> > > Any help?
> > > 
> > > Best regards,
0
mlopat (88)
3/19/2007 4:28:21 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Determine Folders Size from Server
Hello, Does anyone know if there is a way to find out the individual folder size in users' mailboxes? ...

delete data between subtotals
I would like to delete all data between my subtotals without the subtotals changing. I tried to collapse the whole sheet and to copy the then visible data (with paste values only). this did not work. is there any other way to get rid of data between subtotals? appreciate your help. please see attachement. Attachment filename: illustration_1.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=446537 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi see Peo's response in your original thread -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany >...

Signature #5
Hello; We are running Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2000. The question is on the signature's. Is there a way to make it so that the signature gets applied on outgoing e-mails and not internal? Thanks Lee >Is there a way to make it >so that the signature gets applied on outgoing e-mails >and not internal? Not automatically, but it's easy enough to do manually with a modicum of personal discipline. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't sp...

Instant messaging #3
Sorry I'm a newbi to ek2003, what componets should I have loaded to allow for instant messaging? I don't even have a virtual server for it? Thanks Pete. -- --------------------------------------------------------------------- "Are you still wasting your time with spam?... There is a solution!" Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector The most powerful anti-spam software available. http://mail.spaminspector.com I believe IM capabilities are only available through Communications Server. If you are upgrading from Exchange 2000 and IM is already installed, you ca...

External data query using MAX/SUM
I'm trying to create an external data link using Microsoft Query. Ho do I write SQL in Microsoft query that will return a max date and su an amount field for the max date only? Current SQL is as follows: SELECT DISTINCT CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_NAME Max(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.POST_DATE), Sum(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.EXPOSURE_AMT) Count(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.NBR_AVG_MATY_YRS) FROM CB06U.CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO, CB06U.CB_PORTFOLIO_DM CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN WHERE CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_ID = CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.PORTFOLIO_ID GROUP BY CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_NAME This returns the sum of the exp...

My excel file is too large (5 mb) when it shouldn't be, why?
I have an excel file has ballooned in size for some reason. I have tried to copy all the cells and then used "paste special" to paste just the values and the file size doesn't reduce. I am copying numbers from an investment website into my spreadsheet and there don't appear to be any issues with the pasted cells but I suspect it is causing the file size expansion and very slow performance. I then deleted all the cells around by spreadsheet and it didn't help at all. All suggestions as to how I can fix this problem appreciated. Kenview If you do a Ctl-End, does...

jumping data
hi i have a form which shows customer details, and this has a subform where you can enter the date and notes about the customer. the subform is in a datasheet view. so everytime you want to add some notes about the customer, you enter the date and write the notes. there are many customers on the database, and we make quite a few notes for each customer. Now when i go into the customer and put in a note, then come out and go back into it, the data has moved up a few columns and goes into the wrong place, rather than stay in the same place where it was entered. also when...

how to insert chart for imported data in a report?
plz reply soon if you know Please use the large white space under the subject to enter a detailed question. It also helps to read some past threads that might pertain to your question (whatever it is). -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "varsha from pilibhit" wrote: > plz reply soon if you know ...

Money Reports #3
I was wondering if anyone could tell me why MS Money counts credit card payments from my checking account as income?? Does anyone know how I can fix the problem? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, jagpit wrote: >I was wondering if anyone could tell me why MS Money counts credit card >payments from my checking account as income?? Does anyone know how I >can fix the problem? Use a single Transfer transaction from bottom of the list under SPECIAL. This assumes you are using "Advanced" register setting. "jagpit" <fbbc83@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:11...

Filters #3
In Excel 2000, I have a spreadsheet that the filter worked fine. I used it for a lot of "contains" filtering. It now appears that since I've added additional text to some cells, when I do a filter, I'm not seeing all the unique values in the drop down filter list. I've checked the area selected and this is fine. Any recommendations? Hi Katie There is a limit http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits You can use EasyFilter maybe (No problem there) http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Kat...

New to exchange #3
Does anyone know how to take a large file break it down to smaller parts send it through outlook and then merge it back into one file within outlook on the other end. Apparently there is a way to do thi within outlook. There isn't anyway to do that with Outlook. You could do it with WinRAR, or search for a program on google called HJSplit. Winzip can create files like that too, but I prefer WinRAR. -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Outlook client for CRM V3
We have a client who has users who want to make changes to the 'my contacts' local data group, so they sync their Outlook contacts with CRM. They all use the desktop client. But the save button is greyed out. They have a CRM role assigned with the Outlook sync permission and they have local admin rights. I've also checked they have write permissions to the C:\Documents and Settings\User.Name\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM folder and it's subfolders. What else could be disabling the save option? Becuase My Contacts is a default group, I don't think you can make c...

backup file size
I've noticed that my backup file size varies considerably. Sometimes its very close to the origonal file size and sometimes its more than 25% larger. Why? In microsoft.public.money, jerry wrote: >I've noticed that my backup file size varies >considerably. Sometimes its very close to the origonal >file size and sometimes its more than 25% larger. Why? You probably did not set Tools->Options->MakeMyFileSmall... "jerry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:079001c39eb1$491ea150$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I've noticed that m...

Moving Data Automaticaly
Can you help I have a table (part shown below) the Date and Day moves automaticaly to left at midnight - is it possible to get the rest of the data to move as well 25-Nov 26-Nov 27-Nov 28-Nov Sun Mon Tue Wed 07:00 07:00 TBA on off on off on off on off 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 -- JohnM Please explain meaning of "date and day MOVES to left" Are you using conditionally formatting to highlight the cell with the current date? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bli...

Test linked form for data
Hi Groupies How can I test to see if a linked form, that might not be visible, has data? My main form has a yes/no box that enables a button when it is set to yes. The button opens a linked form. When the user moves to the next record, I would like the main forms BeforeUpdate event to make sure that the yes/no box is not set at No while there is data in the linked form for that record. I have tried something like: If Me.Form.frmVehicles.RecordsetClone.RecordCount > 0 And Me.CompanyVehicle = False Then Cancel = True MsgBox "Please check vehicles", vbOKOnly Me.f...

Data label above columns??
Hi, I have some stacked column charts and I want the data labels to appear just above each column. Is that possible? I'm using excel 2003 version and the only options i can see for the label positions are "inside end", "center" and "inside base" - so at the moment I'm moving each data label manually and this is very time concuming! Thanks in advance for any advice you offer :) K I'm afraid it's not an option due to the confusion it would cause. If the label is above the stack it refers to, it could be sitting on top of another stack, th...

Copying decimal data to another column to integer 'on the fly'
Hi, I am working on Asset registers/Depreciation Schedules and at the star of the year I need to convert over my previous years spreadsheets (fo about 40 schools) to the new financial year. This means moving the accumulate depreciation at the end of the previous year to being the 'openin depreciation' for the new year. I therefore want to copy a column of figures to another column an paste to that column as values only BUT as INTEGERS. I am running Excel 2003 - 'Paste Only' can solve the 'values' part bu does not have conversion to an integer 'on the fly'. ...

Importing Calender data from MS Project
Hi, Has anyone has any experience exporting their calender data from MS Project into the MS Outlook calender, can this be done ?? Thanks Pete ...

Windows XP Service Pack 3 & KB 925877
I've just spent hours on trying to get SP3 to install on a Windows XP Professional machine and only now stumbled across the article stating that it won't install when "RDP 6.0 MUI Pack KB925877" has been installed previously. I've installed XP SP3 literally dozens of times over the years and this is the first time I've ever seen or heard of this problem; I only discovered it by downloading the standalone version of the Service Pack and trying to install it - all the other times it just failed without any informative error messages that I'm aware of. ...

Data Protection
Where are in the process of implementing CRM and have a number of concerns relating to Data Protection. Is there any data protection experts out there who could advice on any question we might have ? Thanks ...

How Do I specify where XML data gets imported into Excel
I have XML data that I would like to import up as fllows in a spreasheet: Cell A2: Job Number Cell A3: Customer Number A4 through A29 should recive the <AMOUNT> data B4 through B29 should receive the <QUANTITY> data etc etc Sometimes all the fields will be filled, sometimes not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Diane Hi Diane! You should see therre: microsoft.public.xml Starwing ...

Moving a line of data when information is entered in a specific cell.
HELP NEEDED. I am trying to create a spreadsheet to keep track of problems that we encounter at our volunteer organization. It is pretty simple. I am having one problem. One of my fields is "completion information." What I need is when completion information is entered into the field, I want that line of information to move to an "archived sheet". In effect, so that I have a sheet with only active problems and when the completion information is entered it moves to the archived sheet. Anyone have any suggestions? -- opshmo -----------------------------------------------...

Pocket Money 2006 Compatible with Windows Mobile 5.0?
I just bought a Dell Axim X51V, which I like other than the fact that the new 4.1 release of Activesync "breaks" Nortel VPN connections --- ---and--- It seems as if pocket money 2006 is incompatible with WM 5.0. Anyone know if a fix is on the Microsoft drawing board? Kenny Hey Kenny, I'm having the same problem with my PPC 6700. Have you gotten anywhere on this? "Kenny" wrote: > I just bought a Dell Axim X51V, which I like other than the fact that the > new 4.1 release of Activesync "breaks" Nortel VPN connections --- > > ---and--...

Excel 1.5
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Just wondered if anybody new a way of converting I assume it is excel 1.5 (its from my thesis in 1990) files so that they can be used in excel 2008 any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Adrian Hi Adrian: What makes you think Excel 2008 can't open them? 1) Make sure the files have the correct extension. 2) Use File>Open from inside Excel to open them. They should open straight up. Double-clicking in the Finder is always a little bit of a lottery, because you are depending on two or three applic...

How do I creat a 8-1/5 x 14 template in Publisher?
I am creating a newsletter for my business and the boss wants to use 8-1/2 x 14 papers. How do I customize a template to and make it like a book where you staple it in the middle? Help!!! Lace wrote: > I am creating a newsletter for my business and the boss wants to use 8-1/2 x > 14 papers. How do I customize a template to and make it like a book where you > staple it in the middle? Help!!! File > Page Setup > Printer and Paper. Use this dialog to set your paper size. There are templates that use a Booklet fold by default. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http:/...