eService Call with GP 9.0

eService GP 8 release was unchanged for GP 9.0 as per Article

".  eService & eReturns
NOTE:   eService & eReturns for Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 utilizes the same
download as Microsoft Great Plains 8.0.  There are no changes to eService &
eReturns requiring an upgrade or installation difference. "

I tried to configure eService for GP 9.0 but not able to view the proper
page, it seems the COM components “Webservice” not working properly.
Anyone come across the same situation?

You need to go to Component Services, Computers, My Computers, Com+ Apps and
make sure the security context etc is set on the WebService App.

"Raheel Merchant" wrote:

> eService GP 8 release was unchanged for GP 9.0 as per Article
>
> ".  eService & eReturns
> NOTE:   eService & eReturns for Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 utilizes the same
> download as Microsoft Great Plains 8.0.  There are no changes to eService &
> eReturns requiring an upgrade or installation difference. "
>
> I tried to configure eService for GP 9.0 but not able to view the proper
> page, it seems the COM components “Webservice” not working properly.
> Anyone come across the same situation?

http/1.0 500 internal server error
hi , i have an error in using OWA when i click on attachment button it gives me an error " http/1.0 500 internal server error" i have tried many things to get rid of this error but not successful still , i have exchange server 2003(sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) and i have also installed the security patches for exchange server 2003 , plzz tell me how can i get rid of that error i am very much distuirb from this error plzz help me , thanks in advance regards ALI No cluster or FE/BE setup? Was it working at some point in time? Clean install? Is there an ISA server betw...

Microsoft Visual C++ 9.0 Express Edition : How to link
Dear Hopefully, I am posting in appropriate place :) I have problem of "linking" in the Microsoft Visual C++ 9.0 Express Edition tool. In Visual C++ 6.0, I linked "alpha.lib and common.lib" with following way: "Project" menu -> "Settings" tab -> "Link" tab -> add "common.lib" and "alpha.lib" But I am not able to do this in Microsoft Visual C++ 9.0 Express Edition. Actually, I already have "alpha.lib" and I know where the "alpha.lib" is. I need to create "common.lib". When I build ...

Removing, Hiding Public and System Defined Views in 4.0
Does anyone know how to either remove or hide, Public and System Defined Views in 4.0? For example nobody wants to see "Accounts: No Campaign Activities in Last 3 Months" or "Accounts: Responded to Campaigns in Last 6 Months" Also, I have yet been able to see how you share views in 4.0 Thank you for the help! ...

Tech assignment in service call by problem code only
Currently in Service Call Management the tech assignement filter is based on item number and problem code. It would be quite helpful if we could filter by problem code only, item number only and a combination of both. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ht...

Upgrade MSPOS 1.0 to RMS Store Ops 2.0
Does anyone know of a third party utility to convert the MSPOS db to an RMS db? I have a client that wants to do this. Thanks, Don Check Retail Realm's import utility - I believe it can import items, customers AND history.... "DonInEP" wrote: > Does anyone know of a third party utility to convert the MSPOS db to an RMS > db? I have a client that wants to do this. > > Thanks, > Don Yes - Retail Realm's Import Utility has a finction especially for MS POS where all thedata from MS POS is imported to a new RMS database. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@r...

CRM 3.0 Report scheduling wizard
Hi, Can you bale to provide the user manual for CRM 3.0 Report scheduling wizard? When I schedule the report, it says scheduled snapshot and snapshot available. After that If i click on that snapshot it is taking the same amount of time, as If i run the original report. So I have a doubt whether im using the correct process to schedule reports. What I need is: 1) User manual for thsi tool on how to use 2) What is snapshot mean exactly? is it different from original report or its same as the final output of the report? Thx Anil V ...

Details about offline sync in CRM 4.0
Hi, Can anyone tell me a little more in detail how the offline sync is working in CRM 4.0? I'm looking for how a remote user database is being synchronised with the main database and also how the system knows which records have been changed and are going to be sent to a remote user. My question might be a little "vaque" but I'm used to other CRM systems that generally create different sort of "sync files" that are going forth and back between an remote/offline user and the server. I'm therefore looking for some more detailed info about how MS CRM does th...

Visual Studio Tools (Retreive GP Connection String)
Hi All, Can any body give me the suggestion on, how can i retreive GP Connection in visual studio tools, to perform direct SQL Operations. Thanks Ravi Polepalli Ravishankar I think you can have a look at the following KB Article https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;941457 Also, You can go through the following Article http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/10/02/why-does-microsoft-dynamics-gp-encrypt-passwords.aspx Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP "Ravishankar" wrote: > Hi All, > > Can any body give me the suggest...

Looking for POS for Grocery/Deli using GP. Anysuggestions?
6-10 stations ...

Sum value Upper 0
I want to sum datas of a column with these Datas. Usage Total Price 33.5 $65.5 -32.5 $-50.5 -1.5 $-5 1.5 $5 But I want to Sum only values upper 0. it should be: Usage Total: 35.5 & $70.5 also I want the viceversa. please help ldiaz If you want separate totals for each column: =SUMIF(A2:A5,">0") =SUMIF(B2:B5,">0") =SUMIF(A2:A5,"<0") =SUMIF(B2:B5,"<0") -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence w...

How can I schedule reports to run without opening GP client?
How can I schedule reports to run without opening a GP client? I noticed through Report Scheduler in GP that reports can be scheduled, but to publish them, a user needs to be signed in GP and if the report requires heavy processing, it just consumes the user's computer resources and slows down GP in general. For example, running Payables Historical Aged Trial Balance takes about 20-30 minutes for us to run and it slows down everything, so we can't do this in the middle of the day. Ideally, we should be able to schedule a heavy processing report to run after work hours and wit...

install .NET Framework 2.0?
Is there a good/legitimate reason to install Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: x86 (KB829019)? Please advise. Thanks, Tracey I have re-installed Windows 2K sp4 and downloaded all the critical updates. I have a printer that evidentially used .netFW1.1 so I ended up downloading all critical updates for .netFW1.1 as well. Windows Update is "suggesting" .netFW2.0, but I don't know why. When .netFW first came out, Windows Update advised only to download ..netFW if you had applications that use it. I don't think I have any applications that use .netFW2.0. Only instal...

Substring/Parsing Not sure what to call it!
Data structure: C:\Documents and Settings\tonkovic\My Documents\Data Files\Deer\Deer Population Goals\Farmer Attitude Surveys\1995\Names and Addresses \FRAN.ASC The entire string is in a single field. The file name is "FRAN.ASC". My hope is to find some way of parsing the field into 2 fields: directory and file name. If I knew enough, my approach would be to start from the far right and work my way left until I hit the first "\". That would contain the file name and everything left would be the directory. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Mike > Data struct...

Crystal Reports 9 Timeout 05-02-06
I have read all of the posts related to Crystal timing out or hanging when reports are run against large datasets, but there doesn't seem to be any real solutions out there for CRM 1.2. I have a client that adds about 100,000 new opportunities a quarter and upper management needs to be able to run some reports that show all of the opportunities in nice little bar charts. Aside from the max db results trick, is there anything that can be done for a 1.2 installation? As an aside....it seems there a huge number of posts dealing with problems for Reporting Services. Is reporting really bette...

Cell call out 02-28-10
I have this spread sheet that when you select a cell you get a hint about that cell, it is not a comment it is a call out, how do I edit that? Maybe... In xl2003 menus, look at data|validation. Barry wrote: > > I have this spread sheet that when you select a cell you get a hint about > that cell, it is not a comment it is a call out, how do I edit that? -- Dave Peterson ...

Getting owner draw child control to paint when calling SetWindowText
Hi, I have an owner draw static class. DrawItem is called (and works ok) when the dialog repaints, i.e. initially and when restored, but my class DrawItem is not called when SetWindowText is called. Is there some way to get a dialog to request an owner draw child control to paint itself other than calling Invalidate() and UpdateWindow() in the dialog class (which draws all the controls and in my app results in an endless loop as the static text is changed by a slider control)? TIA Jan Some detail omitted for clarity: class ColorStatic : public CStatic { public: ColorStatic(); ~Colo...

Smartlist restriction dynamics 9 issue
If I add the Qty Shipped field to Purchase Order Lines, there are many zeros. If I add a restriction Qty Shipped=0, there are only 3 records found. If enter a restriction Qty Shipped < Qty Ordered, no zeros appear in there either. What is wrong with Smartlist? LuvSQL, Not sure what's wrong with SmartList, but I was able to replicate the issue. I am on v10 SP1. -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Luvsql" wrote: > If I add the Qty Shipped field to Purchase Order Lines, there are many zeros. &g...

info on GP
I have a friend who needs information on GP as part of getting a certification from Microsoft as “Microsoft Certified Learning Consultant”. As far as ERP and Business Intelligence are concerned, he needs to come up with a Training and Development Case Study, covering ERP implementation like user training, usability engineering and development. Do you know a white paper on our solution framework or operations framework of GP? -- Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no wa...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Works Fine But...
I am trying to find a SQL person to help with a problem. Somehow, and I am not exactly sure how it happened, the "sysft_ftcat_documentindex" SQL file for my MSCRM data base got separated from the other SQL data base and log files and was placed on a separate drive which failed and had to be replaced. I did not have a backup of that file. As I was saying, Microsoft CRM works fine but I cannot do a full SQL database backup because that file does not exist. I can do a partial data base backup but I would like to do a full data base backup. Also, everytime the server is reboote...

Calendar Control Crashing with message saying "Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module comctl32.dll
Calendar Control Crashing with message saying The description for Event ID ( 1001 ) in Source ( Microsoft Internet Explorer ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: 02978920. 0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat 0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail 0010: 75 72 65 20 20 69 65 78 ure iex 0018: 70 6c 6f 72 65 2e 65 78 plore.ex 0020: 65 20 36 2e 30 2e 32 36 e 6.0.26 0028: 30 30 2e 30 20 69 6e 20 00.0 in 0030: 63 6f 6d 6...

Deleted Items #9
This concerns Outlook 2003: I have a user who cannot recover any deleted items from his Outlook. As emails are deleted, they appear to be permanently deleted. When you highlight the deleted items folder and go to tools|recover deleted items, there are no emails available for restoration. Am I missing a setting somewhere? TIA. Jim Hi Jim; First click on the deleted folder and check if there are any contents. if you see your mails, just drag and drop or highlight them using the shift key and mouse. then Move then to the Inbox. However, the deleted item box is empty, that means the...

Phone call not filtering through to accounts
We've just noticed that when we've assigned a phone call (and completed it) to a lead, and we convert the lead to an account and a contact, the phone call compeletely disapears and is not in the contact activites history. You can only find it by going into the closed lead and activities. How can we get the phone call to filter through to contact/account? Thanks Shelley There's no way to do this in CRM. The "Originating Lead" field on the contact form is supposed to serve this purpose. You can click the link in this field to open the lead and view its history of ...

CRM 4.0 attachments to campaigns
All, Anyone know if its possible in 4.0 to add an attachment to a campaign activity email so the end recipient gets it? Im pretty sure in 3.0 you could do it, but I dont see it in 4.0. After I make a campaign email, I look at the emails generated, and low and behold, there's an attachment tab. I dont know how to use the SDK to make a custom addin or anything like that, and we cant purchase any add ins because they call cost too much for our budget. does anyone have any ideas? Hi Michael, This feature is not available emails generated from a campaign. (I know, it's a shame) We ...

HQ CLient 2.0
I am setting up a new polling server with RMS HQ Client 2.0, when I click on the icon. I am getting a Run Time Error 339 and it keep referencing a file call RICHTX32.OCX. Have anyone ran into this or know how to correct this? Ed I figure it out. "Ed" wrote: > I am setting up a new polling server with RMS HQ Client 2.0, when I click on > the icon. I am getting a Run Time Error 339 and it keep referencing a file > call RICHTX32.OCX. Have anyone ran into this or know how to correct this? > > Ed ...

CRM 3.0 Reports Parameter Passing
Hello All, I'm trying to create a report that looks up values based on the AccountID. How do I pass the accountID into the report? Do I create a parameter named 'CRM_AccocuntID?' Thanks, Caleb Skinner Ascentium ...