Error while testing GP 9.0 and end-of-year update w/sp4

MicrosoftDynamicsGP-KB957740-v9-ENU.msp

I've installed GP 9.0 sp4 on a test Server (snapshot of production),
installer runs fine, Companies converted just fine. I get into GP Utilities
just fine and system database and companies are at "the current version".

However when I log onto the client on the server, directly or through GP
utilities, I keep getting the following message:

"A Product installed on your computer is on a different version than the
database version. You will not be able to use the application until this
issue is resolved. Use the GP_LoginErrors.log file in your temp directory to
assist in resolving the issue."

The client is showing 9.00.0314 (sp3) in the lower left corner of the
sign-on screen.

Why didn't the client upgrade and how can I force it?
0
DavidM (290)

------=_NextPart_0001_887C0DEE

Hi David -

Thank you for posting to Newsgroups!

It appears that your Client version of GP and your GP Databases are currently on different versions. I would like you to
please do the following:

1. Go to your GP code folder (by default is C:/Program Files/Microsoft Dynamics/GP) and locate your �dex.ini� file.

2. Open up your dex.ini file in notepad.

3. Locate the line that says synchronization=FALSE and change it to synchronization=TRUE.

4. Save and close your dex.ini file.

5. Launch GP, It will prompt you to launch utilities.

6. Log into GP Utilities and allow everything to update. Click next when applicable.

7. Once you get to the �Additional Tasks� window, you may click �Launch Microsoft Dynamics GP�

If this does not resolve the issue, the GP_LoginErrors.log should be created in the temp directory which should point you
in the right direction. To get to the temp directory go to Start > Run and type in %temp%.

Best Regards,
Sarah
Microsoft Online Support

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
 to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!
Let us know what you think by posting
       from the web interface: Partner Feedback
       from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_887C0DEE

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi David -
\par
\par Thank you for posting to Newsgroups!
\par
\par It appears that your Client version of GP and your GP Databases are currently on different versions. I would like you to please do the following:
\par
\par 1. Go to your GP code folder (by default is C:/Program Files/Microsoft Dynamics/GP) and locate your \lquote dex.ini\rquote  file.
\par
\par 2. Open up your dex.ini file in notepad.
\par
\par 3. Locate the line that says synchronization=FALSE and change it to synchronization=TRUE.
\par
\par 4. Save and close your dex.ini file.
\par
\par 5. Launch GP, It will prompt you to launch utilities.
\par
\par 6. Log into GP Utilities and allow everything to update. Click next when applicable.
\par
\par 7. Once you get to the \ldblquote Additional Tasks\rdblquote  window, you may click \ldblquote Launch Microsoft Dynamics GP\rdblquote
\par
\par If this does not resolve the issue, the GP_LoginErrors.log should be created in the temp directory which should point you in the right direction. To get to the temp directory go to Start > Run and type in %temp%.
\par
\par Best Regards,
\par Sarah
\par Microsoft Online Support
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
\par  to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par Let us know what you think by posting
\par        from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par        from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_887C0DEE--

0
sarahcud (28)
12/3/2008 9:37:07 PM
Unfortunately it didn't help.

GP_LoginErrors.log
Product Name: Microsoft Dynamics GP Test  Database Version: 90358
                                                                     Client
Version: 90314
Product Name: Project Accounting                    Database Version: 90325

                                                                     Client
Version: 90311
Product Name: Fixed Assets                             Database Version:
90300
                                                                     Client
Version: 90298
Product Name: Human Resources                     Database Version: 90296
                                                                     Client
Version: 90287
Product Name: FieldService                              Database Version:
90305
                                                                     Client
Version: 90295
Product Name: SmartList                                 Database Version:
90280
                                                                     Client
Version: 90278
Product Name: Excel-Based Budgeting               Database Version: 90281
                                                                     Client
Version: 90277
Product Name: Purchase Order Enhancements   Database Version: 90296
                                                                     Client
Version: 90289
Product Name: CopierSeries                             Database Version:
90281
                                                                     Client
Version: 90277
Product Name: Extender                                   Database Version:
9033
                                                                      Client
Version: 9030
Product Name: SmartList Builder                        Database Version:
9037
                                                                      Client
Version: 9033
---Repeats above list---

"Sarah Purdy (MSFT)" wrote:

> Hi David -
>
> Thank you for posting to Newsgroups!
>
> It appears that your Client version of GP and your GP Databases are currently on different versions. I would like you to
> please do the following:
>
> 1. Go to your GP code folder (by default is C:/Program Files/Microsoft Dynamics/GP) and locate your ‘dex.ini’ file.
>
> 2. Open up your dex.ini file in notepad.
>
> 3. Locate the line that says synchronization=FALSE and change it to synchronization=TRUE.
>
> 4. Save and close your dex.ini file.
>
> 5. Launch GP, It will prompt you to launch utilities.
>
> 6. Log into GP Utilities and allow everything to update. Click next when applicable.
>
> 7. Once you get to the “Additional Tasks” window, you may click “Launch Microsoft Dynamics GP”
>
> If this does not resolve the issue, the GP_LoginErrors.log should be created in the temp directory which should point you
> in the right direction. To get to the temp directory go to Start > Run and type in %temp%.
>
> Best Regards,
> Sarah
> Microsoft Online Support

> PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
>  to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
>
> We also love to hear your product feedback!
> Let us know what you think by posting
>        from the web interface: Partner Feedback
>        from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
> We look forward to hearing from you!
> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
> so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

DavidM (290)
12/3/2008 10:10:28 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_8C719985

Hello David -

Thank you for posting to Newsgroups!

This problem occurs when a software update was installed on the server that is running Microsoft SQL Server. However,
this software update was not installed on the client workstation. If the client workstation does not have the software update
installed, the version of the Dynamics.dic file differs from the version of the Dynamics.dic file that is used in the tables in
the Dynamics database.

To resolve this problem, install the same update on all the client workstations. To obtain the latest updates for Microsoft
Dynamics GP 9.0 and for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0, visit one of the following Microsoft Web sites, depending on
whether you are a partner or a customer.

Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0
Partners
https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/greatplains/downloads/servicepack/microsoftdynamicsgp90
_mspreleases.htm?printpage=false

Customers
https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/servicepacks/MicrosoftDynamicsGP90
_MSPReleases.htm

You can also take a look at the additional information in this KB article for further troubleshooting:
https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;915897

Best Regards,
Sarah
Microsoft Online Support

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
 to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!
Let us know what you think by posting
       from the web interface: Partner Feedback
       from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_8C719985

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello David -
\par
\par Thank you for posting to Newsgroups!
\par
\par This problem occurs when a software update was installed on the server that is running Microsoft SQL Server. However, this software update was not installed on the client workstation. If the client workstation does not have the software update installed, the version of the Dynamics.dic file differs from the version of the Dynamics.dic file that is used in the tables in the Dynamics database.
\par
\par To resolve this problem, install the same update on all the client workstations. To obtain the latest updates for Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 and for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0, visit one of the following Microsoft Web sites, depending on whether you are a partner or a customer.
\par
\par Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0
\par Partners
\par https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/greatplains/downloads/servicepack/microsoftdynamicsgp90_mspreleases.htm?printpage=false
\par
\par Customers
\par https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/servicepacks/MicrosoftDynamicsGP90_MSPReleases.htm
\par
\par You can also take a look at the additional information in this KB article for further troubleshooting:
\par https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;915897
\par
\par Best Regards,
\par Sarah
\par Microsoft Online Support
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
\par  to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par Let us know what you think by posting
\par        from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par        from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_8C719985--

0
sarahcud (28)
12/4/2008 4:04:17 PM
- This is a Test Server, which is a copy of our Production server, from a few
days ago.
- There are no external Clients in this test, just the Client installed on
the SQL server itself.
- This is failing on the SQL server installation of the GP Client.
- Even if I wanted to push sp4 out to external clients, I could not, as I
can't get to the "Automated Client
  Updates" window on the server. In any case, this test is failing on the
server.

Any questions?

"Sarah Purdy (MSFT)" wrote:

> Hello David -
>
> Thank you for posting to Newsgroups!
>
> This problem occurs when a software update was installed on the server that is running Microsoft SQL Server. However,
> this software update was not installed on the client workstation. If the client workstation does not have the software update
> installed, the version of the Dynamics.dic file differs from the version of the Dynamics.dic file that is used in the tables in
> the Dynamics database.
>
> To resolve this problem, install the same update on all the client workstations. To obtain the latest updates for Microsoft
> Dynamics GP 9.0 and for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0, visit one of the following Microsoft Web sites, depending on
> whether you are a partner or a customer.
>
> Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0
> Partners
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/greatplains/downloads/servicepack/microsoftdynamicsgp90
> _mspreleases.htm?printpage=false
>
> Customers
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/servicepacks/MicrosoftDynamicsGP90
> _MSPReleases.htm
>
> You can also take a look at the additional information in this KB article for further troubleshooting:
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;915897
>
> Best Regards,
> Sarah
> Microsoft Online Support

> PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
>  to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
>
> We also love to hear your product feedback!
> Let us know what you think by posting
>        from the web interface: Partner Feedback
>        from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
> We look forward to hearing from you!
> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
> so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

DavidM (290)
12/4/2008 4:17:01 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_8DE2BC6C

Hello David -

Thank you for posting to Newsgroups!

I would attempt to apply the service pack again to see if it will update everything appropriately this time.  If you still run into
issues, you may want to open up a support incident for us to further determine why the service pack is not updating the
databases appropriately.

Best Regards,
Sarah
Microsoft Online Support

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
 to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!
Let us know what you think by posting
       from the web interface: Partner Feedback
       from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_8DE2BC6C

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello David -
\par
\par Thank you for posting to Newsgroups!
\par
\par I would attempt to apply the service pack again to see if it will update everything appropriately this time.  If you still run into issues, you may want to open up a support incident for us to further determine why the service pack is not updating the databases appropriately.
\par
\par Best Regards,
\par Sarah
\par Microsoft Online Support
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
\par  to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par Let us know what you think by posting
\par        from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par        from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_8DE2BC6C--

0
sarahcud (28)
12/4/2008 10:47:33 PM
Multiple attempts to appy the service pack again have failed to change this
issue. The SP installs fine without error. The GP Client on the server will
still not start and gets that error.

I guess I'll open a support incident.

"Sarah Purdy (MSFT)" wrote:

> Hello David -
>
> Thank you for posting to Newsgroups!
>
> I would attempt to apply the service pack again to see if it will update everything appropriately this time.  If you still run into
> issues, you may want to open up a support incident for us to further determine why the service pack is not updating the
> databases appropriately.
>
> Best Regards,
> Sarah
> Microsoft Online Support

> PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
>  to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
>
> We also love to hear your product feedback!
> Let us know what you think by posting
>        from the web interface: Partner Feedback
>        from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
> We look forward to hearing from you!
> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
> so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

DavidM (290)
12/5/2008 6:25:01 PM
David,

Have you had any luck with this?  We have something very similar in which
the Year-end update appears to install correctly, but GP on that client is
stuck on .0314 as opposed to upgrading even though the installation and
utilities appear to run correctly.

Thanks

"DavidM" wrote:

> Multiple attempts to appy the service pack again have failed to change this
> issue. The SP installs fine without error. The GP Client on the server will
> still not start and gets that error.
>
> I guess I'll open a support incident.
>
> "Sarah Purdy (MSFT)" wrote:
>
> > Hello David -
> >
> > Thank you for posting to Newsgroups!
> >
> > I would attempt to apply the service pack again to see if it will update everything appropriately this time.  If you still run into
> > issues, you may want to open up a support incident for us to further determine why the service pack is not updating the
> > databases appropriately.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Sarah
> > Microsoft Online Support

> > PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
> >  to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
> >
> > We also love to hear your product feedback!
> > Let us know what you think by posting
> >        from the web interface: Partner Feedback
> >        from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
> > We look forward to hearing from you!
> > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
> > so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

djr3 (6)
12/8/2008 10:31:00 PM
Yeah. I just wasted an incident to have them tell me to uninstall the Client
and reinstall. Make sure you install using the "Server install" when
installing on the server. Then retry sp4.

"djr3" wrote:

> David,
>
> Have you had any luck with this?  We have something very similar in which
> the Year-end update appears to install correctly, but GP on that client is
> stuck on .0314 as opposed to upgrading even though the installation and
> utilities appear to run correctly.
>
> Thanks
>
> "DavidM" wrote:
>
> > Multiple attempts to appy the service pack again have failed to change this
> > issue. The SP installs fine without error. The GP Client on the server will
> > still not start and gets that error.
> >
> > I guess I'll open a support incident.
> >
> > "Sarah Purdy (MSFT)" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello David -
> > >
> > > Thank you for posting to Newsgroups!
> > >
> > > I would attempt to apply the service pack again to see if it will update everything appropriately this time.  If you still run into
> > > issues, you may want to open up a support incident for us to further determine why the service pack is not updating the
> > > databases appropriately.
> > >
> > > Best Regards,
> > > Sarah
> > > Microsoft Online Support
> > >
> > > =====================================================
> > > PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
> > >  to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
> > >
> > > We also love to hear your product feedback!
> > > Let us know what you think by posting
> > >        from the web interface: Partner Feedback
> > >        from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
> > > We look forward to hearing from you!
> > > ======================================================
> > > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
> > > so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
> > > ======================================================
> > > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> > > ======================================================

0
DavidM (290)
12/8/2008 10:43:01 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_B09F7C6D

Hi David -

It appears that you have been able to get your issue resolved.  Can you please provide me with an update in regards to
the incident number that you opened up?

Best Regards,
Sarah
Microsoft Online Support

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
 to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!
Let us know what you think by posting
       from the web interface: Partner Feedback
       from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_B09F7C6D

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi David -
\par
\par It appears that you have been able to get your issue resolved.  Can you please provide me with an update in regards to the incident number that you opened up?
\par
\par Best Regards,
\par Sarah
\par Microsoft Online Support
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
\par  to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par Let us know what you think by posting
\par        from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par        from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_B09F7C6D--

0
sarahcud (28)
12/11/2008 4:40:42 PM
Support Incident Number: 9359238

Uninstalled and reinstalled client (as a "Server install"). Works now.

It was a server install already because previous service packs worked ok,
like sp3 last year. But the uninstall and reinstall resolved this failure of
sp4.

"Sarah Purdy (MSFT)" wrote:

> Hi David -
>
> It appears that you have been able to get your issue resolved.  Can you please provide me with an update in regards to
> the incident number that you opened up?
>
> Best Regards,
> Sarah
> Microsoft Online Support

> PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
>  to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
>
> We also love to hear your product feedback!
> Let us know what you think by posting
>        from the web interface: Partner Feedback
>        from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
> We look forward to hearing from you!
> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
> so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

DavidM (290)
12/11/2008 4:50:05 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_B0B6B4B4

Thanks for the information David!

Best Regards,
Sarah
Microsoft Online Support

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
 to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!
Let us know what you think by posting
       from the web interface: Partner Feedback
       from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_B0B6B4B4

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Thanks for the information David!
\par
\par Best Regards,
\par Sarah
\par Microsoft Online Support
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
\par  to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par Let us know what you think by posting
\par        from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par        from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_B0B6B4B4--

0
sarahcud (28)
12/11/2008 5:06:09 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_C63BB7B5

Hello David

Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this
topic.
Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.

Have a great week!

Darin Carlsrud

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_C63BB7B5

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello David
\par
\par Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this topic.
\par Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par
\par Darin Carlsrud
\par
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_C63BB7B5--

0
A-DACARL (116)
12/15/2008 9:23:28 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_D074EEF9

Hi there

Anything else we can do for you here on this query?

Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!

Have a great week!

Darin Carlsrud

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_D074EEF9

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi there
\par
\par Anything else we can do for you here on this query?
\par
\par Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_D074EEF9--

0
A-DACARL (116)

Event ID: 8270 ,LDAP Error--Need help to fix it..
Event Type: Error (win2000 Srv+exchange2000) Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: LDAP Operations Event ID: 8270 Computer: Exchange_2000_Server_Name Description: LDAP returned the error [b] Administration Limit Exceeded. dn: "GUID=8F37136AFCEE0B41BDD353B78F8E6067" changetype: Modify mail:USER1@Domain_Name.Domain_Suffix proxyAddresses:MS:NET/PO/User1 : CCMAIL:User1, PO at NET : SMTP:USER1@EMAIL.Domain_Name.Domain_Suffix : X400:c=US;a= ;p=Exchange_Org_Name;o=Exchange_Site_Name;s=Last_Name;g=First_Name; : smtp:USER1@MAILLIST.Domain_Name.Domain_...

Showing 0 after decimal with ROUND

Favourite GP Feature
What are some of the members of this boards favourite GP feature or trick? I am looking to compile a list of simple tricks users can learn quickly to help them out. Do an Interent seach for GP 50 tips and tricks. You'll get results from Convergence 2010 presentations. some good tips in there. Also search for 50 more tips and tricks. "Adam" wrote: > What are some of the members of this boards favourite GP feature or trick? > > I am looking to compile a list of simple tricks users can learn quickly to > help them out. Try this blog for a da...

Errors saving to network drive

test #6

Worksheet Auto update
I need to find a way to automate a process. Is there a way to automatically replace the content of a worksheet with the content of another one? Every morning I get a sales report in excel for the previous day sales. I save it in a folder and then I do a pivot table on this sheet to determine sales by product category for example. The following day, I open the previous day file, replace the sales report with the new one and then refresh my pivot table. Is there a way to have my sales report update anytime I get a new sales report? To be more clear I have a workbook with two tabs: Pivot...

[ANN] Office 11.3.8 update

fiscal year setting question
hi. i know that the fiscal year settings get more or less set in stone, so i had a quick question before i set it for my org. in the template field, what is that used for? if i select 'quarterly', does that mean i can only run reports on a quarter basis? what if i wanted to do monthly reports? ultimately, my question is what is the 'template' field used for? thanks! Hi Jeff, Fiscal year setting must be aligned to your company's accountig policy. Fiscal year setting primarily defines sales quotas. When you set quarterly periods, you can set quarterly quotas for mem...

Events in Year view?
I'm trying to find XP software (perhaps Outlook) that shows events/ appointments in Year view. Will Outlook do this, if so which versions? If not, can you recommend other XP software that will? TIA What format do you want it in? See http://www.slipstick.com/tutorials/yearlycal/yearlycal.asp for the only type outlook supports. Also, if you use outlook 2007, the calendar printing assistant can print one. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by emai...

Test #32

Error loading XML into DataSet

Updating a chart Automatically

XY Scatter Map with Test Labels
Sorry if this is a repeated request, but I'm trying to show the distribution of 16 points (labelled A through P) using X-Y coordinates. When I turn on labels, I can show either the X-positions (label) or Y-positions (value), but I really want to show the text name "A" through "P". Can this be automated in Excel? Thanks for any advice. Hi Mike, The easiest thing to do is use a free addin utility to allow you to link data labels to cells. Try Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler add-in http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy Mike K. wrote...

Updating Credit Card Information
I have been trying counless times to update my credit card information from several Banks, but Money states that the system is unaavaible or the transaction cannot be completed at this time. What can I do to correct this problem. On 2005-03-23, Lou <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have been trying counless times to update my credit card information from > several Banks, but Money states that the system is unaavaible or the > transaction cannot be completed at this time. What can I do to correct this > problem. Well it depends on how long you've been tr...

Run time error 5 : HQClient

LNK2001 and LNK2019 errors with template class
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BB_01C695ED.3958DA70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a smart pointer class that uses template functions that works = fine under VC6 but it not linking under VS2005. 1>TestGridToolkitView.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol = "void __cdecl PrismGCSmartPointer(class CPrismSmartPointer<class = CDialog> &)" = (?PrismGCSmartPointer@@YAXAAV?$CPrismSmartPointer@VCDialog@@@@@Z) = referenced in function "protected: __...

delivery failure error
"The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to" then says user unknown, even though other comupters don't have that problem. I get this error for a few clients, yet other clients can email the same address. I have Windows small business server 2000, I am pretty sure everything has updated patches. I know i security updates automatically. My clients are an updated Windows XP SR 1 with Office 2003(outlook) SR1. ...